• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

Thanks, I think I will.

I can see how the movement will become second nature, tried my hand at an agility dungeon and haven't got the skills yet to beat it within the time frame. Its a very nice touch adding a variety of dungeons, I must say.

Glad I'm not o the only one, was getting rather angry at the first boss you had to remove the core from. The free roam element was a nice touch, I can see myself getting lost exploring.

Oh yea, the map area is actually pretty expansive in terms of sheer ground to cover. Can't wait for them to drop the TNK dlc, there were a few areas that were almost too big for on foot. And for sure, I was really unclear for a good while that sometimes you just have to let it go back the enemy's way for a second

D3VI0US

So day 1 we get one Daily Deal, day 2 we get two deals. Does that mean we'll get three deals on day 3? Just curious cause I was hoping a lot more indie stuff would go on sale but I guess there's always next week too.

MarveI

Got life is strange for like 3 bucks on RU store.

Please MS give me a good discount on Dead Rising 4 & Blue Dragon.

MauroNL

So day 1 we get one Daily Deal, day 2 we get two deals. Does that mean we'll get three deals on day 3? Just curious cause I was hoping a lot more indie stuff would go on sale but I guess there's always next week too.
Wouldn't count on it. Last year' sale also had only 1 or 2 deals per daily.

I still do want Life is Strange, but I wanted to grab it physical for my collection. Finding that version around here for a decent price is a pain in the butt though. Hmm.

Bunch of good looking games on that list. I've heard so many good thing about Oxenfree that I feel like I'd be crazy to pass that up.

Monocle

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
how's oxenfree?

Depends on how much you care about story and path choosing in a game. Decisions you make will alter the relationships between the characters as well as the outcome. It's pretty cool to see how your decisions compared with other players.

But the tedious walking through the environments and playing with radio dials made it pretty damn hard for me to keep playing. Still, I'm probably in the minority as most people loved it.

Blu10

So the hit man that is on sale... how does it work? Is it all the stuff they have been putting out for the last year or so that seems to be timed?

Has anyone picked up vermintide? Is there a good community for it?

statham

how is Oblivion and just cause 2 on BC for XBO? just bought Oxenfree will probably buy Injustice and arcade 3 in 1 for $3, Firewatch too.

Andyliini

Do I remember wrong, or was there supposed to be an offer for Live Gold for 1€/Month? Or was it for Americas only?

Montresor

I bought Darksiders 2 Remastered for $7.50 Canadian as part of this sale. After 500 MegaBytes were downloaded I immediately cancelled the download when I learned the game has a glitched achievement. There's an achievement for "earning all achievements" which after more than a year hasn't been fixed... I started an Xbox Support chat and almost immediately got my refund. Microsoft Support is absolutely top notch. Gave them two links proving the achievement is bad (including a twitter conversation with a developer) so I didn't get any resistance.

I took that refund and it put a little of it towards Superhot (~$17 Canadian) and The Little Acre (~$11 Canadian).

I got Life is Strange even though I already played the PC version.

Hopefully Forza Horizon 2 will be a daily, I just finished the first one and would like to play 2 before 3.

jelly

Would I like Life is Strange if I thought Telltales Walking Dead was okay but not great? I want a little more game play and a good story.

Catdaddy

Hoping for a good deal on Overwatch - have it for PS4 but couple of friends picked it up on XB1...will bite if it's in the 20s...

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I find it incredible we don't have a way to gift digital purchases yet.

Varg

Banned
I bought Darksiders 2 Remastered for $7.50 Canadian as part of this sale. After 500 MegaBytes were downloaded I immediately cancelled the download when I learned the game has a glitched achievement. There's an achievement for "earning all achievements" which after more than a year hasn't been fixed... I started an Xbox Support chat and almost immediately got my refund. Microsoft Support is absolutely top notch. Gave them two links proving the achievement is bad (including a twitter conversation with a developer) so I didn't get any resistance.

I took that refund and it put a little of it towards Superhot (~$17 Canadian) and The Little Acre (~$11 Canadian).

Same glitches that were glitched in the original darksiders 2 are still glitched in the remastered . Lazy port . Got in on PS4 and the frame rate is all over he place .

Clunker

Would I like Life is Strange if I thought Telltales Walking Dead was okay but not great? I want a little more game play and a good story.
For 5 bones I think it's worth a gamble. Just realize it's a character-driven game in a high school setting, so if teenage anxieties and struggles aren't your bag it might come off as cloying and needy. But I loved it - it starts off incredibly low-stakes and chill and builds into great peaks while at the same time feeling very intimate and "small" in a good way.

There's not that much more in the way of "gameplay" if TWD felt thin to you, but I will way the time-rewind mechanic allows you to really explore decisions and consequences in an interesting way. There are some light "puzzles" that go beyond what Telltale typically does but it's still a modern point-and-click at the end of the day. It feels fresher than what Telltale's house rule feels like these days.

Also, the soundtrack is worth 5 bucks alone if you like indie rock and chilled-out ambience. Any game with Mogwai on the soundtrack is good in my book.

m23

For 5 bones I think it's worth a gamble. Just realize it's a character-driven game in a high school setting, so if teenage anxieties and struggles aren't your bag it might come off as cloying and needy. But I loved it - it starts off incredibly low-stakes and chill and builds into great peaks while at the same time feeling very intimate and "small" in a good way.

There's not that much more in the way of "gameplay" if TWD felt thin to you, but I will way the time-rewind mechanic allows you to really explore decisions and consequences in an interesting way. There are some light "puzzles" that go beyond what Telltale typically does but it's still a modern point-and-click at the end of the day. It feels fresher than what Telltale's house rule feels like these days.

Also, the soundtrack is worth 5 bucks alone if you like indie rock and chilled-out ambience. Any game with Mogwai on the soundtrack is good in my book.

The soundtrack was incredible. Loved the game.

Luke_Wal

What are the odds Gears 1: Ultimate Edition goes on sale next week? I just got a copy of 4 that comes with the old ones, but it's a backwards compatible 360 version of Gears 1; doesn't make a whole lot of sense to play that over a remaster when I'm playing for the first time.

Top Bottom