• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

Canadian

I picked up the season pass for Battlefront. I tried the main game with EA access and really enjoyed it so picked up the pass.

Chris1

What's the cheapest Master Chief Collection, Inside, or Rare Replay have ever been? I already have Limbo on PS4 as a PS+ game, so picking it up here doesn't make much sense.

MCC is £6 on Cdkeys. It's not gonna be cheaper than that, so I'd just get from there.

Justinh

What's the cheapest Master Chief Collection, Inside, or Rare Replay have ever been? I already have Limbo on PS4 as a PS+ game, so picking it up here doesn't make much sense.

It appears that Master Chief Collection was 15 dollars last month. This looks to be the cheapest it has been.
gl6V9Oh.jpg

http://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xb...956/halo-the-master-chief-collection-digital/

edit: Oh, I don't pay attention to key resellers.

MauroNL

Just wanted to give a kudos to the great OP. Subbed.
Thanks!

So who can sell me on Oxenfree? I've seen some gameplay and reviews but it seems like its mostly walking around and choosing text bubbles, so it looks kinda boring. But I like narrative driven games in general like Firewatch and Life is Strange, so maybe I'd like this too?

Also, how is Walking Dead Michonne? I loved the first two seasons but heard mixed things about this. Can't really go wrong for $5 I guess?

danowat

Banned
So who can sell me on Oxenfree? I've seen some gameplay and reviews but it seems like its mostly walking around and choosing text bubbles, so it looks kinda boring. But I like narrative driven games in general like Firewatch and Life is Strange, so maybe I'd like this too?

It's a brilliant game, one of the best of the year IMO, and I don't normally like narrative driven games, but the story was truely compelling, and genuinely unnerving, think I finished it in a couple of sessions, which, for me, is something that rarely happens.

Plus I have a bit of a thing for Cold War nostalgia and numbers stations so.......

Kill3r7

Thanks!

Also, how is Walking Dead Michonne? I loved the first two seasons but heard mixed things about this. Can't really go wrong for $5 I guess?

Might want to add this link to the OP http://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/countdown Might be useful for people who have a hard time finding the daily deals.

Other people will tell you different, but personally I love the campaign. The level design is outstanding. To me, Halo has always been about the campaigns. I can tell you that Halo 5's replay value is up with the series' best. Look forward to awesome multitiered levels with a lot of hidden weapons, vehicles, and alternate routes. You'll notice this as early as Mission 2 if you look around.

I think you'll be surprised by how much the enhanced mechanics improve the feel of the game. They impact everything from gunplay to navigation in substantial ways, and yet the game still feels like Halo. I was really skeptical about the gimmicky-looking Spartan Abilities, but 343 absolutely nailed them. All of the little enhancements and mechanical additions form a seamless, intuitive toolset, with no obviously tacked-on features. Every new thing helps you move better or fight better, and it's not like it was in Reach where certain Armor Abilities just felt out of place. Halo 5 is really the first game since Halo 2 to substantially update the series' basic mechanics, but this time I honestly can't think of any drawbacks. Even crouch jumping is still in, and still useful. In terms of gameplay, this sequel took away nothing and added heaps of upgrades and polish.

The enemies are far, far less annoying than Halo 4's, and there are a lot more Covenant in this one too. And like I mentioned earlier, there's lot of effective weapons to deal with them. I should add that every weapon is super well balanced this time around. Not a single useless one in the mix. The Promethean weapons are redesigned but still very much worth picking up, because now they're especially effective against Promethean enemies. The new SMG (that little peashooter you could dual wield in Halo 2) is a beast that rivals the Saw.

The campaign's one big weakness is a series of recurring boss fights. These are annoying, but each and every encounter can be easily skipped or cheesed with strategies you can find on Youtube. They shouldn't really impact your experience beyond the first few attempts.

The story itself is somewhat weak, but at the same time it brings some of the extended fiction's most interesting characters and concepts to the fore in ways I never expected to see in a mainline Halo game. So if you're a lore fan, there's loads to appreciate there. Also, I hope you're prepared to meet the most charming monitor ever.

Thanks for your thoughts. I just might buy Halo 5 after all.

JaggedSac

If anyone is waiting on a good deal for Dead Rising 4 during this sale, Newegg probably has a better deal then the featured one in the Countdown Sale. It's $35.99 for a Digital Code (Standard Edition) right now with Promo Code: EMCFGGG64 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832589548

Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition Digital Code $54.99 with Promo Code: EMCFGGG65 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832589549

Gears of War 4 Standard Edition Digital Code $27.99 with Promo Code: EMCFGGG66 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832589522

Thanks for this, think I might grab it.

How is Mankind Divided compared to Deus Ex 1 and Human Revolution. Also does it run good on XB1 (stable 30fps?)

It very much is Human Revolution: More edition. I liked it for that but that's it in a nutshell. It's not even thaaat iterative, it's a lot of the same gameplay and types of quests etc. Framerate is okay, I found it would stutter when running through the city fast but perfectly fine in most normal gameplay situations. Haven't played the original sorry. I think if you're a fan of HR though, really no reason not to play it, but just know what it is ahead of time.

Question! Picked up Batman: Arkham Knight and Ori & The Blind Forest: Definitive Edition yesterday when the sales started unofficially. Wondering if these will still count towards Rewards credits/VIP star system thing?

frogger

How is the campaign of COD:IW, i am thinking about picking up the combo with Destiny.

Also is the MGS V the definitive experience worth it? I already have ground zero from GWG, it is meh in my opinion.

Fuchsdh

Picked up the Escapists DLC bundle and the Minecraft Telltale game. For those prices it's worth it. Guess that'll be it for me as I've got plenty of other games in the pipe, though Life is Strange is tempting.

Thanks for the list!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Looking back, sad I missed Raiden V for 12.50 in October. (no XB1 yet so I wasn't paying attention).

And Sunset Overdrive hasn't been on sale in over a year (aside from GwG) so I'm hoping it pops up.

Wow, that Red Dead Reduction is weak. I guess the BC tax is real. Glad I got it the last time around when it was like $7.

Same with Skate 3.

Also still holding out for Fable 2.

Thanks!

If you like narrative driven games, you really can't go wrong with Oxenfree. The conversation system is actually very interesting. For instance, if you walk away from someone as they talk, that character will begin to like you less. That will influence the story. Plus there is an awesome twist.

It's still one of my favorite games this year.

WhiteWolf

Was hoping for a slight discount on KI: definitive edition, but I'll probably just go for it at $40 anyway (PC only, no Xbox One).

Thanks!

Awful. Bland gameplay, annoying as all hell characters who you're likely to not give a stuff about. Dialogue that couldn't be more out of place if it tried.

Weevilone

Heads up that Newegg has $10 off $80 Xbox gift card via e-mail delivery. Would stack a small amount of extra savings on the sale.

MauroNL

I take it the new daily deals aren't up yet?
Daily Deal December 23
Xbox One

- Peggle 2 Magical Masters Edition - $14.99 > $3.74
- Rayman Legends - $19.99 > $6.60

Daily deals are only for Xbox One games, so expect a big bunch of weekly new 360 games, just no dailys. Major said over 40 BC titles will be on sale and I only see 14 as of this week.

Randy5554

I'm interested in a few of the titles on sale this week. Should I wait until the last day of the weekly sale in case a title becomes an even cheaper daily sale? AKA, like the Steam sales of days gone by.

Thanks in advance! I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything on this, but hopefully this isn't a repeat question.

Lucifon

Daily Deal December 23
Xbox One

- Peggle 2 Magical Masters Edition - $14.99 > $3.74
- Rayman Legends - $19.99 > $6.60

Xbox 360

-

Damn... Still hoping for Siege ideally the complete edition but I imagine that's unlikely. Guessing it'll be in next week's sale along with some other Ubi games like Watch Dogs and Steep.

MauroNL

I'm interested in a few of the titles on sale this week. Should I wait until the last day of the weekly sale in case a title becomes an even cheaper daily sale? AKA, like the Steam sales of days gone by.

Thanks in advance! I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything on this, but hopefully this isn't a repeat question.
Daily deals are games that are not in the weekly sales. So all the displayed sale prices are final so don't expect games to become cheaper.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I like how the wortst discounts are for MS games. H3 more than it's been retail all month, thanks.

ironcreed

Banned
The best deals for me so far have been under the deals with gold section. Grabbed the Metro Redux bundle (both games) for $6.00 and Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition for $7.50. Now that is cheap.

RavenH2

I just wanted to ask, if I buy from the Miscrsoft Store the digital version of the games, do they send me the code or add the game to my gamertag just like the Xbox Store?

I wanted to buy DSIII for my brother, since I bought from them ReCore and they sent me the code, but when I log in it say's I already own it.

Bought ReCore, played the trial and thought it was pretty fun. It's not bad, I just can't tell if the graphics suck because I'm playing it on an ancient cheap 720p TV.

Also, removing cores from enemies is badly explained.

Flux

Batman: Arkham Knight Premium edition content worth extra $6 ?
It's a weak set of DLC compared to what other dev's put out. But there is a good story pack with batgirl. There's enough extra costumes and challenges that may entertain you long enough.

RavenH2

Bought ReCore, played the trial and thought it was pretty fun. It's not bad, I just can't tell if the graphics suck because I'm playing it on an ancient cheap 720p TV.

I bought it in BF and have already put 20 hours into it. It's fun and reminds me a lot of Beyond Good & Evil. After a while everything clicks and you learn to time both the movement aspect (which is by far the best in the game) and the combat (which ties into the movement).

Enjoy it!

Anyone?

I just wanted to ask, if I buy from the Miscrsoft Store the digital version of the games, do they send me the code or add the game to my gamertag just like the Xbox Store?

I wanted to buy DSIII for my brother, since I bought from them ReCore and they sent me the code, but when I log in it say's I already own it.

The game is nice but the graphics are pretty rough, despite the nice art design. Removing cores definitely took me awhile to realise you need to let it go a bit, it's pretty much like a fishing mini game haha

I bought it in BF and have already put 20 hours into it. It's fun and reminds me a lot of Beyond Good & Evil. After a while everything clicks and you learn to time both the movement aspect (which is by far the best in the game) and the combat (which ties into the movement).

Enjoy it!

Thanks, I think I will.

I can see how the movement will become second nature, tried my hand at an agility dungeon and haven't got the skills yet to beat it within the time frame. Its a very nice touch adding a variety of dungeons, I must say.

The game is nice but the graphics are pretty rough, despite the nice art design. Removing cores definitely took me awhile to realise you need to let it go a bit, it's pretty much like a fishing mini game haha

Glad I'm not o the only one, was getting rather angry at the first boss you had to remove the core from. The free roam element was a nice touch, I can see myself getting lost exploring.

mo60

Interested in getting forza horizon 3, but the only problem is my data plan. The game's file size is like a third of my actual data plan. It doesn't really matter anyway in the grand scheme of things since I would go over my data plan anyway even if I did not get the digital version of the game

bumpkin

I already own Limbo on the 360 (never finished it), and the Inside/Limbo bundle sale price for gold is cheaper than Inside is alone by two bucks. Very tempting.

Top Bottom