• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown |OT| Neo GAF is Under Alien Control

Jintor

Man wuvcraft it's stupid enough dealing with the crap that does pop up in the thread, don't bring in imaginary things to fight as well

yes it's true, guile hair + soldier customisation is free dlc with all first-run copies and digital copies probably within a few weeks of launch

Grimsen

Wait wut?

Well, maybe not with digital purchases, but that dlc will be in every retail box, so you can just pick one up before they restock and you'll be fine.

Who knows, maybe they'll extend that dlc bonus past release day for digital copies. Doubtful, though.

Nocebo

Can you trick steam into thinking you're in a different region and unlock your game on US release time? Some people here seem to suggest you can?
edit: Nevermind, found it.

It's a shame the pilots of the fighters can't level up too, thereby increasing their chance of winning a UFO duel. Losing a plane is hard as they are costly to replace. Still, maybe that's too difficult to implement.

Nocebo

It's a shame the pilots of the fighters can't level up too, thereby increasing their chance of winning a UFO duel. Losing a plane is hard as they are costly to replace. Still, maybe that's too difficult to implement.
Would be nice if you had some control over your plane's movement too like in the original or Xenonauts. :p

Jintor

Lt. Corky, report to Engineering. Repeat, Lt. Corky, you are needed in Engineering.

Anyway

So as you know I'm thinking of doing a Classic Ironman LP for XCOM. However, I will need names. I'm thinking of keeping name trawling to GAFCOM until launch day and then releasing a thread, but would you like to see my signup sheet first?

I'm thinking probably just replacing the last names with screennames to get the "Pvt. Jintor" or whatever thing and leaving the first names as they are, and not fiddling with gender/appearance too much.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lt. Corky, report to Engineering. Repeat, Lt. Corky, you are needed in Engineering.

XCOM___TTS_by_CDemirkan.jpg

Oh shii...

Dakota47

Anyway

So as you know I'm thinking of doing a Classic Ironman LP for XCOM. However, I will need names. I'm thinking of keeping name trawling to GAFCOM until launch day and then releasing a thread, but would you like to see my signup sheet first?

I'm thinking probably just replacing the last names with screennames to get the "Pvt. Jintor" or whatever thing and leaving the first names as they are, and not fiddling with gender/appearance too much.

It would be really funny to use screen names from GAF-members.

Did you start the GAFCOM group yet btw?

Mafro

I just realised that GMG will only give me my key on the 12th. There goes the idea of proxying to unlock it on steam. Thanks for ruining my day GMG :(
Yeah they're still insisting that they are sending out codes on day of release despite the fact there's a preload. I did get the game for £20.99 but it'll be a bit annoying if I have to wait for it to download on release day. If they don't dish out the keys early then I'll probably think twice before preordering with them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Setting your GAF profile homepage to your Steam Community profile URL is the way to go. "Visit [user's] homepage!" is one of the options that appear when you click a username in a thread.

Mikeside

I started playing original Xcom again for the first time in about 10 years the other day.

Goddamn, why have I been playing anything else?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man I don't get why I can never find my profile :/

fakeedit : I think... I found myself, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038433445

Haha, for future reference, you can set Steam to display the URL of the page you're viewing within the client proper. Steam -> Settings -> Interface -> tick "Display Steam URL address bar when available". And, yes, this works within the Community tab. ;)

steamurlljq94.jpg

Thanks for that JaseC. I never knew that option existed.

No worries. :)

Top Bottom