• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whizkid7

So you've not done any of her quest line? You need to complete that and then
around chapter 11 she will join

As long as you didn't
stand there and watch them get shot
. I also liked the added tough of there being
dead Nopon in view on that scene too

I just did that Alien Nation sidequest last night. And I thought the water plant quest was dark...

It's done.
I finally completed the Collectopedia!

WVW69iqjTekxO3GJ1f
WVW69iqho-sofx_6G7

Doesn't look like you get anything for finishing the whole thing, but you get the region rewards.

OH GOD! I need to get my life back!
Or at least take a break.

llehuty

Aaaaaand, I found the Limited Edition yesterday and jumped right into it. This game is already great and I've just started it (Chapter 3).

I wish this game came out when I was younger so I had plenty of free time to get lost in the game, looking at every single corner and studying all the systems the game has to offer. Really overwhelming at the beginning when you can access at all this menus having no idea of what they are or how do they work, but step by step.

The main character not having any kind of voice or grunts or anything is a bit weird now, but I guess I'll get used to it.

The only real complain I have is the small font for some things, but I'll guess I'll just have to play closer to the screen.

Overall, really happy about the openness of everything.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I've had rain sometimes in Oblivia. It's pretty rare though.

Just keep using Fast Travel, the weather changes every time you do.

It's done.
I finally completed the Collectopedia!

WVW69iqjTekxO3GJ1f
WVW69iqho-sofx_6G7

Doesn't look like you get anything for finishing the whole thing, but you get the region rewards.

OH GOD! I need to get my life back!
Or at least take a break.

Congrats!!! How long did that take? Its mostly RNG, isn't it?

So Lara Nara and Yosuf are dating, yes?

I guess that's pretty cool for a Nintendo game.

Considering the tradition it's drawing from, I guess you have to be grateful they didn't pull out any rape jokes, or similar implications. He's still an inconsequential comic relief caricature, but that's really the best you can hope for with JRPGs, never mind Nintendo.

I don't get this "cool...for Nintendo" stuff. They've been pretty progressive for a long time now...

3J7H93g.jpg

Congrats!!! How long did that take? Its mostly RNG, isn't it?

Yes. Yes it was.
The rarer ones take even longer. some of those are found in cave areas, so it required fast traveling and/or Skell returning from the Party menu.

On a sidenote, I got a couple versions of the Phoenix weapon, head to that big flower in Noctilum, farm killed Joker bug and finally hit the level cap [L60].

Qurupeke

Found all the lobsters. :) Last one was actually outside of the city...

Apparently, now I need to complete a certain mission before the final two...

massoluk

Banned
I keep telling myself I will head over to Sylvarum and cover that required area I need to get onto Chapter 10, but after I finished these little side missions.

That was 15 hours ago and like 3-4 dozens missions later.

Pejo

Man, I played for a few hours last night, then was stuck looking for a mining point in Primordia that I couldn't see (somewhere on the right side of the map), so I sent up the air cam, and it totally locked up and froze my game. Hours of progress instantly wiped out.

I tried everything I could, including just letting the console sit for an hour, hoping it would recover, but it didn't. I had to put the game away for the evening after that. So disheartening to have all the progress I made in those hours wiped away.

Emouse

What's the best way to level up & gain exp early on? I've just finished chapter 4 and am at level 17 after some roaming around the world planting probes and whatnot

Sadist

So... the basic quest "Marry me" just disappeared. Can't make it re-appear just yet.

Anyone have an idea how to get the quest back on the board?

jgwhiteus

Thanks. Damn, I almost have that setup and still nowhere bear 180k. I just have 3 probe IVs down instead of Vs. And I lack one less booster...

Apparently just six probes in Oblivia will get you in the 150K range, according to this setup:
http://karigezima.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

For me, what made the biggest difference was finding the 2 sightseeing spots in FN315 (where the duplicator probe is) - both require flight to reach - and the 2 sightseeing spots in FN318 (to the lower right of FN315) - these also require flight. Place your highest-generating revenue probe at FN318, and if you can chain it into three even better.

The other three spots around the duplicator probe I filled with boosters, and then the rest combinations of Research V and Research II probes; I'm currently generating around 220K per pass.

royox

chapter 5 added the urgency i felt the game had been missing. it also makes it a lot more personal than the game initially made itself out to be. it also kinda makes fucking around and exploring the planet like a big waste of time that really ought to be spent doing other things.

Fucking around and exploring the planet it's literally the most urgent thing they have to do xD

I want to play today but I'm scared with all the Star Wars spoilers everywhere..... T.T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom