• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Branson

congrats lol I love your love and hate for this game, I thought you were selling it?

guess you saw another twist lol

I never sell games haha. I saw it through and I'm glad I did. I was just really frustrated. Now I feel like I can relax and check out all of these normal and affinity missions. I didn't even need a level 50 skell for this last fight. I almost beat the damn thing on wholly on foot. I was literally only frustrated this final boss felt like it punished me for just wanting to experience the story. I literally played to perfection to beat it. It felt great this time.

And yeah. Like what lol. It's great though. It does seem like it ends and should go into a third act or whatever.

I never sell games haha. I saw it through and I'm glad I did. I was just really frustrated. Now I feel like I can relax and check out all of these normal and affinity missions. I didn't even need a level 50 skell for this last fight. I almost beat the damn thing on wholly on foot. I was literally only frustrated this final boss felt like it punished me for just wanting to experience the story. I literally played to perfection to beat it. It felt great this time.

And yeah. Like what lol. It's great though. It does seem like it ends and should go into a third act or whatever.

yeah love the way this game rewards you for a lot of things beating a hard boss feels great after it killed you a dozen times

the game has 5 harder tyrants stronger than this last boss so I am making builds for those
the normal missions are well worth the time it adds so much to the world

glad you hung in there

I am just about to hit 600 hours so I'm a freak for this game

Zalusithix

Holy fuck I beat him! FUCK YEAH THE STORY IS BEAT. Whew. Sorry if I was annoying anyone. God damn guys this game is amazing.

Edit wait what the fuck lol

Congrats! Now you can do whatever the hell you want at the pace you want. May I suggest a diskbomb Lailah 60 skell? They're quite relaxing to use! ;) (I know this looks downright tame when compared to the Mastema run, but Yggy doesn't really let the Lailah's godlike tanking shine.)

Branson

yeah love the way this game rewards you for a lot of things beating a hard boss feels great after it killed you a dozen times

the game has 5 harder tyrants stronger than this last boss so I am making builds for those
the normal missions are well worth the time it adds so much to the world

glad you hung in there

I am just about to hit 600 hours so I'm a freak for this game
That's not surprising with everything in this game. It really is amazing to just explore and I was really missing it just beating my head against the end boss. And the normal missions have been pretty great so far. It's the little stories that make it pretty fun. Have you ever put that much time into another game? I think the only game that's ever grabbed me like that was Oblivion at 300 hours. Haha.

Congrats! Now you can do whatever the hell you want at the pace you want. May I suggest a diskbomb Lailah 60 skell? They're quite relaxing to use! ;) (I know this looks downright tame when compared to the Mastema run, but Yggy doesn't really let the Lailah's godlike tanking shine.)

Haha. That looks ridiculous. If I ever make it to 60 I'll think about it. I finally have a bunch of money now so the sky is the limit.

That's not surprising with everything in this game. It really is amazing to just explore and I was really missing it just beating my head against the end boss. And the normal missions have been pretty great so far. It's the little stories that make it pretty fun. Have you ever put that much time into another game? I think the only game that's ever grabbed me like that was Oblivion at 300 hours. Haha.

Haha. That looks ridiculous. If I ever make it to 60 I'll think about it. I finally have a bunch of money now so the sky is the limit.

maybe Animal Crossing I'll have to check my Wii U calendar thingy to see if other games came close

PS4 with Destiny, maybe

but in game clocks are rare

Zalusithix

You'll hit 60. With that last story mission out of the way, leveling is trivial. Make sure you hit up the terminal for the support missions to fast track everything you don't have. From there it's just a matter of setting a goal and getting there. There's a million things to aim for in the game, so it really boils down to personal preference and how much RNG grind you can stomach.

As for the Lailah looking ridiculous, that's mostly the diskbomb craziness. Between the mag increase and double cooldown augments on each one, they can be cycled as fast as the game allows me (they cause slowdown and input loss at times). It allows for insanely quick GP buildup while dishing out respectable damage. That GP then sustains the OD forever. You're basically immortal.

To show the tanky nature a bit better, here is the same build against Pharsis. I did switch in more skell gear so my potential and HP is a bit higher, but the skell itself is the same. (Note that I'm not even trying to be effective here. Just playing with her.)

any of you guys know if enemies drop level 60 Skell parts

I saw only 50 parts so far

just wondering if I have to be in one for 60s to drop A90s are listed as 60s so they should have dropped for me by now

Renewed

any of you guys know if enemies drop level 60 Skell parts

I saw only 50 parts so far

just wondering if I have to be in one for 60s to drop A90s are listed as 60s so they should have dropped for me by now

The only level 60 armour and weapons come from Superweapons and Level 60 Skell armour that comes with the Skell.

Monster level determines the drop quality. You'll get up to level 50 but when you look at the weapon name you'll notice it saying XR550GA R-Cannon vs XR560GA R-Cannon. The bolded area is where you can identify the quality of the weapon or gear even if they are both Level 50. Enemy Skells will drop weapons if you break it off them and even then, the quality can vary beyond enemy level (like a low level Skell dropping a level 50 weapon).

If you want 60-ish area for gear, go kill monsters in the level area of 61 and above that drop Skell weapons/armour. Sometimes lower level enemies can drop near 60 but it depends. I've stopped playing a long time ago so I don't remember the rules but it's usually a tier higher if they'll drop it. Needless to say have Treasure Sensor set up.

Vena

Also of note, ignore the color of the weapon if its a drop from a Skell. Certain Skell weapons from the Ganglion mechs are "gold" rarity which is usually under Intergalactic but are some of the best in the game.

Nightcage is one of the strongest non-Super Shoulder weapons in the game, and its rarity is "gold" and not Intergalactic.

Renewed

Also of note, ignore the color of the weapon if its a drop from a Skell. Certain Skell weapons from the Ganglion mechs are "gold" rarity which is usually under Intergalactic but are some of the best in the game.

Nightcage is one of the strongest non-Super Shoulder weapons in the game, and its rarity is "gold" and not Intergalactic.

Yeah, getting weapons goes beyond hoping for good numbers and actually seeing what they do. I remember looking at Drones and thinking bleh, but the appeal of Funnels got to me so I tried them out and I really like them. With a beam focus set-up, they do stupidly good damage.

Golnei

Somebody fixed the Plastrons/Cords.

tumblr_o1hlt7EjRI1u5e9vio1_1280.png

I'd easily have taken that over the 'humanised Ares' direction the ingame set took for males.

Renewed

Somebody fixed the Plastrons/Cords.

I'd easily have taken that over the 'humanised Ares' direction the ingame set took for males.

I haven't equipped the set to a male and only made one for the obvious purpose. But I remember visiting a stream and seeing it and thinking "uhh...."

End-game spoils
It sucks having Elma in true form but with the armour set her butt is hidden by her hair if she's not in the Barracks... So now she's always in Mim :(

I haven't equipped the set to a male and only made one for the obvious purpose. But I remember visiting a stream and seeing it and thinking "uhh...."

End-game spoils
It sucks having Elma in true form but with the armour set her butt is hidden by her hair if she's not in the Barracks... So now she's always in Mim :(

'strategic butt coverings'

With 2 out of 3 Off the Records completed, and most of Cauldros and everywhere else surveyed, I'm going to start diving into the intense farming/building. So thank you everyone who was posting links in the last couple pages about the best approach to this stuff. I've bookmarked it all and am ready to start moving onto the "final" phase of the game, even if it might be longest.

Feels good.

Dak'kon

Started this game at the weekend and already put in 20 hours - eep. Having a blast though! Very different to Xenoblade Chronicles but a departure from that style of game makes sense as I don't think they could top it.

Just a few questions that I'm struggling to find answers to at this point in the game:

Is there ANYTHING I can do with Miranium other than dump it all into AMs at this point? I've been very thorough in getting the most out of my mining nodes so I max out my 12k storage in a couple of ticks but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do with it other than the odd Basic Mission.

Should I be trying to use all available party members as much as possibe? I know you have to have certain affinities with certain characters in order to start some Affinity Quests but members like Irina/Gwyn/Doug etc. are lagging far behind Lin/Elma/L/Lao etc. Is there any reason to use these "lesser" characters or am I fine mostly sticking with Lin/Elma + a 3rd or will that fuck me over in the long run?

Is item storage management an issue? I've picked up hundreds of slightly different weapons and armour but not sold/dumped anything yet - will I have to at some point? Also is there any way to easily judge which gear is the better stuff (and possibly auto-equipping it) because getting so much stuff so regularly it's annoying to manage my party equips.

One sub-system I've not touched yet is Soul Voices - there's so many things to tinker with I have no idea if I should bother changing anything or just leave it as is for the main game?

And finally - it seems like it's a common issue from searching around but I regularly get kicked offline (like every 30 minutes or so) whilst playing. It's INCREDIBLY frustrating to work towards completing squad missions only to get booted and have to quit to title screen and start afresh. Anything I can do about this or is it typical Nintendo server crap?

Can't wait to jump back in later, so much stuff I'm planning to do but there's never enough time >.<

mclem

Okay, this is ridiculous. I was quite pleased when I found a tiny island with some ship wreckage south of NLA, but I wasn't expecting any more than that when I spotted a similar tiny object in the distance off the coast of Oblivia.

It's somewhat academic - I'm not even L30 yet, so this tyrant is well out of my scope - but I'm wondering if there's any more tiny islands on the very edge of the map now.

Okay, this is ridiculous. I was quite pleased when I found a tiny island with some ship wreckage south of NLA, but I wasn't expecting any more than that when I spotted a similar tiny object in the distance off the coast of Oblivia.

It's somewhat academic - I'm not even L30 yet, so this tyrant is well out of my scope - but I'm wondering if there's any more tiny islands on the very edge of the map now.

I did stumble on an island yesterday after I fell off a cliff in Sylvalum and decided to cruise around a bit... didn't dare to get closer though at the risk of wrecking my skell.

mclem

One question, one... thing.

There's one (specific) person always outside my Blade Barracks. They look basically the same as a squad member you'd see in the wild; greeting message, can ask them to join up - but they're the only one in NLA and it's always the same person. Is this a way the game represents NNID friends?

And secondly... I thought I'd check to see if the name appeared on the NNID spreadsheet. It doesn't, but that brought up an interesting message; I'm getting a warning that the NNID sheet is in the owner's bin, and users would lose access soon. I've duplicated it onto my Drive for now, but has the owner deleted it by accident?

klee123

Ok, after completing
Yelv's second affinity mission
all I gotta say is......

The next Xeno game better be a direct sequel to this.

Steejee

Definian Downfall done...

That was fun, if a bit weird. Took a fair bit of work (and alot of killing and a death or two to the one Tyrant that's hanging about) to get to the boss, and when the boss battle started I triggered overdrive and started up all my arts only to realize the boss trio was only level 38 or something and already half dead, with every other enemy nearby being 60+. While some earlier missions have you sneak around high level stuff to get to weaker guys, by design you have to fight tons of stuff in that mission, so the bosses are weaker than the pile of mooks you *have* to kill.

The second/third boss battles were closer to what I expected, but still easier than I'd thought, though that could come down to my gear/build levels.

Started this game at the weekend and already put in 20 hours - eep. Having a blast though! Very different to Xenoblade Chronicles but a departure from that style of game makes sense as I don't think they could top it.

Just a few questions that I'm struggling to find answers to at this point in the game:

Is there ANYTHING I can do with Miranium other than dump it all into AMs at this point? I've been very thorough in getting the most out of my mining nodes so I max out my 12k storage in a couple of ticks but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do with it other than the odd Basic Mission.

Should I be trying to use all available party members as much as possibe? I know you have to have certain affinities with certain characters in order to start some Affinity Quests but members like Irina/Gwyn/Doug etc. are lagging far behind Lin/Elma/L/Lao etc. Is there any reason to use these "lesser" characters or am I fine mostly sticking with Lin/Elma + a 3rd or will that fuck me over in the long run?

Is item storage management an issue? I've picked up hundreds of slightly different weapons and armour but not sold/dumped anything yet - will I have to at some point? Also is there any way to easily judge which gear is the better stuff (and possibly auto-equipping it) because getting so much stuff so regularly it's annoying to manage my party equips.

One sub-system I've not touched yet is Soul Voices - there's so many things to tinker with I have no idea if I should bother changing anything or just leave it as is for the main game?

And finally - it seems like it's a common issue from searching around but I regularly get kicked offline (like every 30 minutes or so) whilst playing. It's INCREDIBLY frustrating to work towards completing squad missions only to get booted and have to quit to title screen and start afresh. Anything I can do about this or is it typical Nintendo server crap?

Can't wait to jump back in later, so much stuff I'm planning to do but there's never enough time >.<

Miranium becomes more and more important the further you progress in the game. You won't have much use for it now except for a few upgrades to your battle traits, but you'll need it to refuel your skells later on, and it's required for crafting new gear. Post-game, miranium becomes more valuable than credits.

Once you get enough storage probes to be able to hold at least ~30k miranium and finish a certain amount of story quests, you should complete the normal mission in Armory Alley, as the reward will
allow you to add slots to your gear. Once you unlock this shop, you can use your miranium to add more slots.

Don't worry about affinity grinding too much. It's not like the story missions require you to have lots of affinity with most of the playable characters in the game. Whenever an affinity prerequisite comes up, just take it as opportunity to do a few normal missions alongside the character with whom you need to build affinity.

There is a limit to item storage, depending on the item. Weapons and armor have a hard limit of 999 items, so if you go past this the game will ask you to sell something. For materials, if you collect more than 99 pieces of a certain material, any additional pieces of that material will automatically be sold.

Soul voices can seem a bit overwhelming at first, but they're extremely important for survival in combat since most of your healing will come from this system. The two basic things you need to focus on are pressing b at the right time during the soul challenges, and using the art that your party members will request of you. You will know the art they're asking for because a ring (the same color as the respective art) will start flashing around said art, so all you have to do is use the art when you see it flashing.

As far as the soul voice menu, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You will want to familiarize yourself with the conditions that need to be met before a soul challenge will appear so that you can be more cognizant of strategizing around triggering soul voices, but you don't necessarily have to change the default configuration.

Unfortunately, the server issue happens to everyone. There's nothing you can do to reconnect but go back to the title screen and then back into the game.

Yes, there are more uncharted islands.

Zalusithix

The only level 60 armour and weapons come from Superweapons and Level 60 Skell armour that comes with the Skell.

Monster level determines the drop quality. You'll get up to level 50 but when you look at the weapon name you'll notice it saying XR550GA R-Cannon vs XR560GA R-Cannon. The bolded area is where you can identify the quality of the weapon or gear even if they are both Level 50. Enemy Skells will drop weapons if you break it off them and even then, the quality can vary beyond enemy level (like a low level Skell dropping a level 50 weapon).

If you want 60-ish area for gear, go kill monsters in the level area of 61 and above that drop Skell weapons/armour. Sometimes lower level enemies can drop near 60 but it depends. I've stopped playing a long time ago so I don't remember the rules but it's usually a tier higher if they'll drop it. Needless to say have Treasure Sensor set up.
Enemies in their 50s can indeed drop 60 gear, but it's far rarer than the standard 50 affair. It's what makes getting 60 variants of the diskbomb/m-missile a grind. There's no enemies that drop them that are sufficiently high enough level wise to ensure a good chance.

Take the Diskbombs. The weapon itself is one of the rarest drops from the Misaldi. Then add in the fact that anything without the mag attribute is useless trash. Only a handful of the dozens of 50s that have dropped for me have the mag attribute. In the time period that I've been farming them, only two have been 60s. Thankfully the first one had the mag attribute. Someday I'll go back to get a second. (Though honestly I prefer the 50's color scheme.)

Definian Downfall done...

That was fun, if a bit weird. Took a fair bit of work (and alot of killing and a death or two to the one Tyrant that's hanging about) to get to the boss, and when the boss battle started I triggered overdrive and started up all my arts only to realize the boss trio was only level 38 or something and already half dead, with every other enemy nearby being 60+. While some earlier missions have you sneak around high level stuff to get to weaker guys, by design you have to fight tons of stuff in that mission, so the bosses are weaker than the pile of mooks you *have* to kill.

The second/third boss battles were closer to what I expected, but still easier than I'd thought, though that could come down to my gear/build levels.

I hated that area for all the crap I had to run through that aggro'd me. None of it was a challenge, but it's so annoying to get stopped every other second when you're trying to get from point A to B. It wouldn't have been so bad if I was allowed to use the Skell in there and could just Phoenix the room to ashes, but nooo. Eventually I just said screw it and sprinted around ignoring everything until I hit my destination and mopped up anything still following. Damn enemies with a death wish.

So yeah, if you're sufficiently leveled and running with a decent build/gear, everything is going to be easy. The only challenge will come from intentionally gimping yourself or fighting the highest end Tyrants. Even the Tyrants can be quickly dispatched on foot. It becomes more of "how do I want to kill this thing" than "can I kill this thing". It doesn't matter how efficient/fast you are if you don't have any fun doing it.

It's why I like Skells. While there's a lot of weapon/art combos for foot runs, they're typically all designed around damage avoidance and outputting maximum damage because you're inherently less capable of taking hits on the ground. Skells, on the other hand, have more leeway in the survivability department, so they can be flexible on their approach. It's much easier to build a skell that will give the feeling of just barely coming out of a fight alive. Ground builds tend to be more razer edge situations where you either obliterate or get obliterated. That's fun in its own right, but I prefer the attrition style play that skells provide.

eRonin

One question, one... thing.

There's one (specific) person always outside my Blade Barracks. They look basically the same as a squad member you'd see in the wild; greeting message, can ask them to join up - but they're the only one in NLA and it's always the same person. Is this a way the game represents NNID friends?

And secondly... I thought I'd check to see if the name appeared on the NNID spreadsheet. It doesn't, but that brought up an interesting message; I'm getting a warning that the NNID sheet is in the owner's bin, and users would lose access soon. I've duplicated it onto my Drive for now, but has the owner deleted it by accident?

I've got three people outside my barracks who I know are NNID friends, so yeah probably the same for you. I have quite a few people who play this game and are on my friend list, but it has always shown the same three people. Kinda weird. I thought it would rotate between my friends list.

Been taking a break from this game until online location/item guides improve. Got really tired of fetch quests that I couldn't find where stuff is, even online. Any idea if guides have improved yet?

Zalusithix

Been taking a break from this game until online location/item guides improve. Got really tired of fetch quests that I couldn't find where stuff is, even online. Any idea if guides have improved yet?

There's information out there to find what is needed and where to get just about anything at this point. The mega spreadsheets and the sites that use them as databases to perform queries on. Then the random posts you'll find via simple google searches.

Zalusithix

Bros, should I save the Battle Points for the higher classes, or it is OK to spend those freely? (Currently my character is a Blast Fencer)

Unless you have a specific build in mind, spend away. Assuming you do exploration of Mira, and don't just bolt through the story, you should gain enough from opening the chests across the world in addition to leveling. More powerful skills will help more in the present than stockpiling them and only using them once you're high enough of a level that they don't matter as much. The melee skills with the photon saber will be your bread and butter for that class. That and Astrolibrium if you're going to go the beam route. Edit: Don't forget skills either! Supreme Sword, Fast Forward, etc. They can add a significant damage boost.

Once the story is finished, you'll have access missions to quickly gain them. You'll be able to max every skill and art in the game if you so choose.

Edit:
That miiverse comment killed me, lol.
The fact that that stupid message is apparently still popping up is annoying. There should be something preventing the same message from appearing again, or from it displaying old comments in general. Every time I've turned on the feature, I've shut it off again within an hour.

Dak'kon

Miranium becomes more and more important the further you progress in the game. You won't have much use for it now except for a few upgrades to your battle traits, but you'll need it to refuel your skells later on, and it's required for crafting new gear. Post-game, miranium becomes more valuable than credits.

Once you get enough storage probes to be able to hold at least ~30k miranium and finish a certain amount of story quests, you should complete the normal mission in Armory Alley, as the reward will
allow you to add slots to your gear. Once you unlock this shop, you can use your miranium to add more slots.

Yeah, I assumed Miranium would have it's uses eventually, but it's good to know that I don't have to worry too much about seeing that "Storage Limit Reached" message pop up if there's nothing to do with it right now.

Don't worry about affinity grinding too much. It's not like the story missions require you to have lots of affinity with most of the playable characters in the game. Whenever an affinity prerequisite comes up, just take it as opportunity to do a few normal missions alongside the character with whom you need to build affinity.

Good! I'll just stick with using the characters I like then :)

Soul voices can seem a bit overwhelming at first, but they're extremely important for survival in combat since most of your healing will come from this system. The two basic things you need to focus on are pressing b at the right time during the soul challenges, and using the art that your party members will request of you. You will know the art they're asking for because a ring (the same color as the respective art) will start flashing around said art, so all you have to do is use the art when you see it flashing.

As far as the soul voice menu, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You will want to familiarize yourself with the conditions that need to be met before a soul challenge will appear so that you can be more cognizant of strategizing around triggering soul voices, but you don't necessarily have to change the default configuration.

I noticed the Soul Voice submenu about 10 hours in and was like "what the heck is all this" so read up on it and have been trying to use the arts when they flash although sometimes it breaks my "rhythm" but hopefully I'll get the hang of it. I guess I won't touch the submenu for now then if it's fine to not change anything for the main game.

Unfortunately, the server issue happens to everyone. There's nothing you can do to reconnect but go back to the title screen and then back into the game.

Yeah, I figured as much and from what I've read the issue has been there since launch? Makes me not really want to get involved in the online stuff :/

Thanks for answering my questions, now to go explore Mira :)

Steejee

Wikia/Gamefaqs boards have found me most everything I need. Cauldros item locations are a little light, but that only mattered for the collectopedia.

What fetch quests are you referring to? Basic Missions I mostly ignored, only picking up Gathering quests I already had all the items for, and Bounty missions I'd get a handful as I went but ignore for the most part.

I haven't had much trouble with Normal mission gathering.

RE: Affinity
When I beat Chapter 12 I had maybe 3 or 4 characters with maxed affinity. After beating 12 there's a Support Mission in the barracks you can do that gives you like 1/4 a heart of affinity per go and can be really easily farmed. I would do a few runs of that, then some normal missions, then a few more farming runs.

Zalusithix

Where's a good place to level when you're at level 29? My next story mission will be chapter 8.

That would depend on a number of factors. Whether you're doing the leveling on foot, in a skell, your gear and general capability, etc. I mean, even within the skell realm, there's differences on optimal strategy. Skells strong against single targets (G-Buster, M-Sniper, etc) would be better suited to taking on high level/exp targets. Ones with more AoE weapons (Phoenix) would be better off mass farming lower level targets in bulk. Then there's the whole matter of weapon/art elements vs enemy type.

Since there's such a wide berth given to players in the game, blanket recommendations don't work that well.

Where's a good place to level when you're at level 29? My next story mission will be chapter 8.

I would try my luck at Cliffside Camp east of FN 304
target level 55-60 mechs one by one as a mob they will kill you but isolated ones are weak enough to get good exp

you can stay there until you reach level 60 if you want

Guys I think the game finally clicked with me, after 49 hours (better late than never ha ha).

Don't get me wrong, as a fan of the first Xenoblade, I greatly enjoyed my time with it up until now.

But I don't know, now, I get every system, nook and cranny of the game. I have multiple members who can pilot skells, 4 skells in case I need to take on bigger ennemies. I permanently stumble upon places I haven't discovered up until now. The Affinity quest are awesome, it's kind of like the squad members missions in Mass Effect 2 which I greatly enjoyed.
I love getting lost in N.L.A., discovering new sidequests and talks between inhabitants. See where the xenos I've saved are, etc, etc.
I think the moment I liked the most recently was just hanging out in N.L.A. and discovering the
Killer lobster and Professor B sidequests ha ha

I think I'm going to play a whole lot more. Maybe even 100% it.

Little question : does playing with the internet on have any kind of benefit for my playthrough ?

Guys I think the game finally clicked with me, after 49 hours (better late than never ha ha).

Don't get me wrong, as a fan of the first Xenoblade, I greatly enjoyed my time with it up until now.

But I don't know, now, I get every system, nook and cranny of the game. I have multiple members who can pilot skells, 4 skells in case I need to take on bigger ennemies. I permanently stumble upon places I haven't discovered up until now. The Affinity quest are awesome, it's kind of like the squad members missions in Mass Effect 2 which I greatly enjoyed.
I love getting lost in N.L.A., discovering new sidequests and talks between inhabitants. See where the xenos I've saved are, etc, etc.
I think the moment I liked the most recently was just hanging out in N.L.A. and discovering the
Killer lobster and Professor B sidequests ha ha

I think I'm going to play a whole lot more. Maybe even 100% it.

Little question : does playing with the internet on have any kind of benefit for my playthrough ?

online helps with faster crafting with tickets you can earn. I mess with the world rankings to set silly goals :)

Zalusithix

I would try my luck at Cliffside Camp east of FN 304
target level 55-60 mechs one by one as a mob they will kill you but isolated ones are weak enough to get good exp

you can stay there until you reach level 60 if you want

If you go mech hunting, try to base around gravity damage (failing that, beam and electric).

Curufinwe

That would depend on a number of factors. Whether you're doing the leveling on foot, in a skell, your gear and general capability, etc. I mean, even within the skell realm, there's differences on optimal strategy. Skells strong against single targets (G-Buster, M-Sniper, etc) would be better suited to taking on high level/exp targets. Ones with more AoE weapons (Phoenix) would be better off mass farming lower level targets in bulk. Then there's the whole matter of weapon/art elements vs enemy type.

Since there's such a wide berth given to players in the game, blanket recommendations don't work that well.

I only have one Skell since (I think) all the ones you can buy require you to be level 30
to use.

Zalusithix

Beam swords in each hand also, since they get extra bonuses on top of the normal ones.
Yeah, I was thinking ground combat when I wrote that, but for skell combat one of those is a must. I'd use a ring for the other hand myself. Beam res down to boost all the other weapons. Lots of good beam builds possible.

Edit:
I only have one Skell since (I think) all the ones you can buy require you to be level 30
to use.
Yes but what weapons you are using depends on what you've found, which will change depending what you've been killing. The actual mech model itself means comparatively little.

There's information out there to find what is needed and where to get just about anything at this point. The mega spreadsheets and the sites that use them as databases to perform queries on. Then the random posts you'll find via simple google searches.

This is what I wanted to hear. :)

Wikia/Gamefaqs boards have found me most everything I need. Cauldros item locations are a little light, but that only mattered for the collectopedia.

What fetch quests are you referring to?

Thanks for the info - fraid I can't remember the exact quests as it's been quite a while now, just general ones from the board I think.

Top Bottom