• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Steejee

Brings up the question of whether a person in stasis counts as getting older. Actually, the whole stasis thing bothers me. How were they suspending the body while keeping the brain active? Logic would dictate that if you cease cellular activity in the body, the brain must be stopped as well. Unless her consciousness was uploaded like the rest while in stasis and was restored to her on coming back out. That doesn't make much sense either though.

I hadn't considered the whole stasis-would-fuck-up-Mims thing. Clearly not a problem for the White Whale, but would be for the ships that left with live bodies.

Ending seemed to rule out her being uploaded, since that was the whole reason they had to keep the body (physiology incompatible with the Mim tech). At least for Elma you could just pass it off as 'Well she's already 60+ years old, maybe she didn't need to be deep freezed as she just ages super slow anyways and just has a Mim for safety'.

What would work is that while they told everyone they had their real bodies but were actually digitized, the ships with live bodies could have kept the bodies but used the same uploading technique to maintain the Mims that were running the ship. Sort of a combination of systems. Kind of a waste to do both, but it could work.

That does remind me of another reason I like keeping Elma in Mim-mode - felt kinda wrong to have the rest of the party (except for L) being super-strong Mims while risking her live body.

Spoilerificness.

Partway through my Ares 90 farming. Have my 100k storage set up, and a good number of the materials on top of a bucketload of tickets. Probably not too far away from finishing it, but I think I'll knock off as many of the missions as I can as I'd like to leave at least a tiny bit of challenge to them.

I love the Orphe for just how confounded they are at the other races, particularly the Ma-non and Nopon. Especially during the city council questline.

Zalusithix

I hadn't considered the whole stasis-would-fuck-up-Mims thing. Clearly not a problem for the White Whale, but would be for the ships that left with live bodies.

Ending seemed to rule out her being uploaded, since that was the whole reason they had to keep the body (physiology incompatible with the Mim tech). At least for Elma you could just pass it off as 'Well she's already 60+ years old, maybe she didn't need to be deep freezed as she just ages super slow anyways and just has a Mim for safety'.

What would work is that while they told everyone they had their real bodies but were actually digitized, the ships with live bodies could have kept the bodies but used the same uploading technique to maintain the Mims that were running the ship. Sort of a combination of systems. Kind of a waste to do both, but it could work.

That does remind me of another reason I like keeping Elma in Mim-mode - felt kinda wrong to have the rest of the party (except for L) being super-strong Mims while risking her live body.

Spoilerificness.

Partway through my Ares 90 farming. Have my 100k storage set up, and a good number of the materials on top of a bucketload of tickets. Probably not too far away from finishing it, but I think I'll knock off as many of the missions as I can as I'd like to leave at least a tiny bit of challenge to them.

I love the Orphe for just how confounded they are at the other races, particularly the Ma-non and Nopon. Especially during the city council questline.
It's actually the stasis thing that made me question the whole white whale story early in the game. The "power running out in the life core would cause the mims to cease functioning" bull. Getting destroyed is one thing, but power? Any decent stasis system would use the last of its energy to simply revive everybody from stasis. If the Ganglion were afraid of humans, the lifecore as a stasis chamber running out of power would be a nightmare for them. It's kind of like the whole "our bodies can survive the fall" bit in the beginning of the game where you can survive a drop that would kill a human a few times over. Basically sets the stage to question everything being fed to you.

As for the holding off on the Ares for a challenge, even a good 50 skell build will trivialize any normal mission. Not sure there's much of a point on doing so.

Branson

I like how I do everything wrong in this game. I rushed to the final boss so I have to do other stuff to level and get money before being able to do it, I'm using the wrong 4th character apparently, with Gwin, according to gamefaqs as he's not that useful so I'm looking to grind someone else up now from like their level 17 or whatever. Ugh. This game just throws more stuff at me. I'm wondering why I still can't beat the end boss at 45 on ground and I'm level 51 currently. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. Or how I'm set up wrong. I've been paying attention to my arts and stuff. But not enough apparently.

Steejee

As for the holding off on the Ares for a challenge, even a good 50 skell build will trivialize any normal mission. Not sure there's much of a point on doing so.

Yeah that's sorta the case already, as I spent some time building up my Verus setup for grinding out Water Torture quickly. G2 Buster + Pheonix + Attack from Above XX (x3) means not much that's not a high level tyrant survives. A lot of quests I basically just hit Pheonix and it's done.

Neiteio

What's the recommended fourth character from a gameplay standpoint? I've been using L because I love his design and personality so much.

Zalusithix

I like how I do everything wrong in this game. I rushed to the final boss so I have to do other stuff to level and get money before being able to do it, I'm using the wrong 4th character apparently, with Gwin, according to gamefaqs as he's not that useful so I'm looking to grind someone else up now from like their level 17 or whatever. Ugh. This game just throws more stuff at me. I'm wondering why I still can't beat the end boss at 45 on ground and I'm level 51 currently. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. Or how I'm set up wrong. I've been paying attention to my arts and stuff. But not enough apparently.
Alternatively you can use your skell - kind of. Get a few fuel up division rewards and use them whenever the fuel gets sucked dry. With a skell focused on heavy hitting, you'll be able to kill the boss, or at least severely maim him to the point where the ground game is easy. It's how I did it as I was in skell wear decked out for skell damage and not ground game. I did have around 3 fuel refill units though. Problem solved.

Yeah that's sorta the case already, as I spent some time building up my Verus setup for grinding out Water Torture quickly. G2 Buster + Pheonix + Attack from Above XX (x3) means not much that's not a high level tyrant survives. A lot of quests I basically just hit Pheonix and it's done.
The Phoenix makes a great (no parts break) farming tool, but I never kept it equipped for general use. The AOE is large enough that it either makes fights against multiple targets boring, or can accidentally hit other things you didn't want to aggro.

Edit: That and I preferred a beam setup for my general level 50 skell. M-Sniper, Drone, Buster-Launcher. Didn't do (non line) AOE, but it hit like a truck to any given target. Of course, compared to the Ares/60 skells with superweapons, that was a rather small truck. Or perhaps those superior skells hit like trains instead. ;)

hoserx

What's the recommended fourth character from a gameplay standpoint? I've been using L because I love his design and personality so much.

I leveled Doug (because thats my real name) and L...... ended up using L for the final battle for the reasons you state. Guy just cracks me up. I also like Tatsu, so that means I am a sick son of a bitch.

NeonZ

I
pretty much feel the opposite of you. I really saw no need for the create a character and would have preferred to have just played the entire game from Elma's POV if she was to be the main character.
Someday I'll get around to making a longer post about all that. Don't think I've ever been so frustrated with a game that I still really enjoyed.

I guess it depends on whether you prefer the storytelling of the main quest or the side-stuff. I really don't think Elma works well as the core of the cast, as she's presented as too above everyone else in a way that actually diminishes their presence.

The avatar also opens way for more variation, like when a dumb choice is often immediately overridden by Elma in the main quest or affinity quests with her participation, but in other content the player gets some opportunities to go through with it.

Branson

Alternatively you can use your skell - kind of. Get a few fuel up division rewards and use them whenever the fuel gets sucked dry. With a skell focused on heavy hitting, you'll be able to kill the boss, or at least severely maim him to the point where the ground game is easy. It's how I did it as I was in skell wear decked out for skell damage and not ground game. I did have around 3 fuel refill units though. Problem solved.

The Phoenix makes a great (no parts break) farming tool, but I never kept it equipped for general use. The AOE is large enough that it either makes fights against multiple targets boring, or can accidentally hit other things you didn't want to aggro.

Edit: That and I preferred a beam setup for my general level 50 skell. M-Sniper, Drone, Buster-Launcher. Didn't do (non line) AOE, but it hit like a truck to any given target. Of course, compared to the Ares/60 skells with superweapons, that was a rather small truck. Or perhaps those superior skells hit like trains instead. ;)

See I thought as soon as you got into the skell he immediately uses that move. I'm at the point where I can beat V with no problems in my level 30 Skells but the final phase on ground is kicking my ass. I almost have enough for a level 50 skell but I don't know if I super need it for this right now.

Neiteio

I guess it depends on whether you prefer the storytelling of the main quest or the side-stuff. I really don't think Elma works well as the core of the cast, as she's presented as too above everyone else in a way that actually diminishes their presence.

The avatar also opens way for more variation, like when a dumb choice is often immediately overridden by Elma in the main quest or affinity quests with her participation, but in other content the player gets some opportunities to go through with it.
I agree Elma is a bit too perfect (Takahashi's Lightning?), but I think she works as the moral compass of the group — a strong fixed point that keeps them anchored. And she's respected for good reason — her intervention saved humanity. So I can cut her some slack.

...but it does get tiring hearing so many NPCs worship her, praise her beauty, etc.

Steejee

I found the praise NPCs gave her kinda humorous in context - here I am, not remembering a thing before waking up, and all these NPCs are praising her to the heavens for things I'm completely oblivious to. Meanwhile everything after waking up has either been done by us as a pair or sans Elma.

I'm about 110hours in, so being able to slaughter my way through multiple opponent fights is kinda amusing at this point, since I'd have to go out of my way to weaken myself to the point of some fights being a challenge. The Pheonix does 22k/tic with the 3x Attack.ABOVE XX buffs, so I also tend to accidentally kill rather large numbers of enemies. Pretty much just the very large ingens and Tyrants that survive.

RE: Fourth Character - I used Alexa a lot, just because I loved her skell-insanity, but often times I'd just grab Irina since she was closest to the barracks and Elma/Lin did most of the work anyways.

Zalusithix

See I thought as soon as you got into the skell he immediately uses that move. I'm at the point where I can beat V with no problems in my level 30 Skells but the final phase on ground is kicking my ass. I almost have enough for a level 50 skell but I don't know if I super need it for this right now.
He does use it, but it doesn't seem like he can use it faster than I can spam the fuel ups. I only need the fuel for a fraction of a second to get a weapon fired. One shot from a Drone or some such does a lot. Then again, I had a 50 skell at that point, so I don't know how well a 30 fares. I should have the fight recorded, so I'll take a look when I get home to see exactly how it played out.

I'm about 110hours in, so being able to slaughter my way through multiple opponent fights is kinda amusing at this point, since I'd have to go out of my way to weaken myself to the point of some fights being a challenge. The Pheonix does 22k/tic with the 3x Attack.ABOVE XX buffs, so I also tend to accidentally kill rather large numbers of enemies. Pretty much just the very large ingens and Tyrants that survive.

RE: Fourth Character - I used Alexa a lot, just because I loved her skell-insanity, but often times I'd just grab Irina since she was closest to the barracks and Elma/Lin did most of the work anyways.
It only gets more ridiculous with the 60 skells. I'm easily over 100k/tick with a Phoenix on a (mostly) thermal build. Makes for easy miranium farming though on the support missions. Move forward, fire the phoenix, move forward again and fire it again. Presto, 30k miranium to use with all those farmed tickets.

I also use Alexa (and Lyn). Just felt right to have the geek girls with my skell focus. Alexa in particular is suited for the role thanks to the Synchronicity skill. These days they're just treasure hunting gear fodder though. I don't need anything more than my super skells, and it's easier not having to manage their fuel usage. That reminds me; I need to crank out the soft touch augments this week. The NPCs are a liability on the ground for me now instead of a help. Not that a sleep sniper really needs help, but eh... better than traveling alone all the time.

Branson

He does use it, but it doesn't seem like he can use it faster than I can spam the fuel ups. I only need the fuel for a fraction of a second to get a weapon fired. One shot from a Drone or some such does a lot. Then again, I had a 50 skell at that point, so I don't know how well a 30 fares. I should have the fight recorded, so I'll take a look when I get home to see exactly how it played out.

It only gets more ridiculous with the 60 skells. I'm easily over 100k/tick with a Phoenix on a (mostly) thermal build. Makes for easy miranium farming though on the support missions. Move forward, fire the phoenix, move forward again and fire it again. Presto, 30k miranium to use with all those farmed tickets.

I also use Alexa (and Lyn). Just felt right to have the geek girls with my skell focus. Alexa in particular is suited for the role thanks to the Synchronicity skill. These days they're just treasure hunting gear fodder though. I don't need anything more than my super skells, and it's easier not having to manage their fuel usage. That reminds me; I need to crank out the soft touch augments this week. The NPCs are a liability on the ground for me now instead of a help. Not that a sleep sniper really needs help, but eh... better than traveling alone all the time.

So you think a light 50 skell would be enough of a damage boost?

Man, I finally mustered up the courage to explore Sylvalum. Got as far as (I believe) FN site 404... only to be greeted with a message I can't plant a probe (mechanical lvl 5 needed).

Also, Lin managed to wreck her Skell.

And it isn't even the worst controlling one. Try out the Lailah.
Not sure if I want to spend money on another Skell right now. :p

Zalusithix

So you think a light 50 skell would be enough of a damage boost?

Assuming the light Skell is something like the Verus with the G-buster, then quite possibly. In the very least, something is better than nothing. If it's enough to get it dead enough to kill on the ground, then mission accomplished. Only need to do it once after all, and then you're free to progress as you like. I'll have to take a look at the damage numbers I did to really get a feel for how a stock 50 light skell would compare. I never bought a light 50, but I can buy one easily enough tonight to see how a stock one stacks up. It'll give me something to do with the maxed out credits lol.

Do you have any level 50 intergalactic skell weapons from your journeys?

Subscribed.

I started the game recently. In the beginning I got overwhelmed by the amount of stuff you have to learn and do, but I think its cool now.

Currently on chapter 4, working on the affinity mission required to advance to chapter 5. I am in love with this game. Such a great world to explore!

I'll upload pics of my character in another moment. At first I have got annoyed by the lack of options in creating a black character, but I resolved to go full campy anime anyway.

Branson

Assuming the light Skell is something like the Verus with the G-buster, then quite possibly. In the very least, something is better than nothing. If it's enough to get it dead enough to kill on the ground, then mission accomplished. Only need to do it once after all, and then you're free to progress as you like. I'll have to take a look at the damage numbers I did to really get a feel for how a stock 50 light skell would compare. I never bought a light 50, but I can buy one easily enough tonight to see how a stock one stacks up. It'll give me something to do with the maxed out credits lol.

Do you have any level 50 intergalactic skell weapons from your journeys?

Man I wish I had maxed credits. I've been struggling for like 20 hours after buying 4 level 30 Skells. I'm not sure though I'll have to look tonight. I'm at 50 hours so I probably don't. You probably explored and did way more missions than I have.

I can't even imagine playing long enough to max out credits. I'm making about 80k a tick right now with my probe and sightseeing setups.

Zalusithix

Man I wish I had maxed credits. I've been struggling for like 20 hours after buying 4 level 30 Skells. I'm not sure though I'll have to look tonight. I'm at 50 hours so I probably don't. You probably explored and did way more missions than I have.

I can't even imagine playing long enough to max out credits. I'm making about 80k a tick right now with my probe and sightseeing setups.

Credits from probe ticks only makes up a small portion of the end game income. When you're farming for level 60 gear with the attributes you want, there's a LOT of junk to sell. Armors/weapons that'll sell for up to around 30k a pop. A Joker run can result in 80k+ in seconds. Exit/return to skell and rinse/repeat. You don't even care about the credits at that point. There's nothing to use them on. Anything worth getting in the end game requires mats and miranium. You can pretty much haul out every research probe at that point since you'll only care about miranium production and storage. (Socketing skell gear weighs in at 40k miranium per slot - adds up quick if you're doing a new skell.)

Somewhat related, but it's kind of a shame that the treasure deal doesn't refresh after each fight. The amount of times that I haven't been able to treasure deal intergalactic skell weapons and prime weapons/armor because I just did one from the previous fight lol. I have nothing better to do with the stuff, and even if the recipient can't use it, they can at least hopefully sell it. In a similar train of though, I'm tempted to do invitation Ygg runs sometime this week so people that can't farm him efficiently can do so. Might end up getting people that want to kill for RP though, so undecided on that.

Subscribed.

I started the game recently. In the beginning I got overwhelmed by the amount of stuff you have to learn and do, but I think its cool now.

Currently on chapter 4, working on the affinity mission required to advance to chapter 5. I am in love with this game. Such a great world to explore!

I'll upload pics of my character in another moment. At first I have got annoyed by the lack of options in creating a black character, but I resolved to go full campy anime anyway.

Welcome to the fun. I'm between chapters 5 and 6 myself and just ventured in to Sylvalum for the first time. Thirty hours in, level 21. Loving every minute of it.

Branson

Credits from probe ticks only makes up a small portion of the end game income. When you're farming for level 60 gear with the attributes you want, there's a LOT of junk to sell. Armors/weapons that'll sell for up to around 30k a pop. A Joker run can result in 80k+ in seconds. Exit/return to skell and rinse/repeat. You don't even care about the credits at that point. There's nothing to use them on. Anything worth getting in the end game requires mats and miranium. You can pretty much haul out every research probe at that point since you'll only care about miranium production and storage. (Socketing skell gear weighs in at 40k miranium per slot - adds up quick if you're doing a new skell.)

Somewhat related, but it's kind of a shame that the treasure deal doesn't refresh after each fight. The amount of times that I haven't been able to treasure deal intergalactic skell weapons and prime weapons/armor because I just did one from the previous fight lol. I have nothing better to do with the stuff, and even if the recipient can't use it, they can at least hopefully sell it. In a similar train of though, I'm tempted to do invitation Ygg runs sometime this week so people that can't farm him efficiently can do so. Might end up getting people that want to kill for RP though, so undecided on that.

I think it's safe to say I'm never going to be going for that. I'm losing my mind right now trying to beat this end boss heh. It's frustrating because it's not that I'm not playing well. It's not a dark souls situation where I can just dodge better or something. It's literally the game punishing me for not setting it up exactly the way it wants it.

Also I've literally lost sleep over this. My mood has worsened and I've been in a terrible mood ever since I've come back to this just banging my head against this game to finish it. At this point if I could hack my Wii U to gain invincibility I would do it. Those chapters where I was over leveled were so fucking fun. I was having a blast. It went to one of my favorite games I've played last year to literally one of the worst experiences I've ever had in 27 years of gaming.

It's safe to say I've spent a good 10 in game hours just trying to beat chapter 12.

eRonin

I finally finished the main story last night! I'm pretty happy with how I ended up doing in the final battle. Getting a good overdrive going is kinda RNG based for me right now since I don't have an optimal build set up, but once I got going on my 4th attempt (didn't use the level-reducing mechanic because I got pretty damn close the first 3 times), I managed to clutch it out with 3 party members down.

lol at
the 10 lizard things that pop out that all die to a single phoenix activation

It's safe to say I've spent a good 10 in game hours just trying to beat chapter 12.

How effectively are you able to get overdrive going with your ground build? Imo getting overdrive quickly and possibly extending it once or twice is the single most important thing that helped me defeat the final boss.

Branson

I finally finished the main story last night! I'm pretty happy with how I ended up doing in the final battle. Getting a good overdrive going is kinda RNG based for me right now since I don't have an optimal build set up, but once I got going on my 4th attempt (didn't use the level-reducing mechanic because I got pretty damn close the first 3 times), I managed to clutch it out with 3 party members down.

lol at
the 10 lizard things that pop out that all die to a single phoenix activation

How effectively are you able to get overdrive going with your ground build? Imo getting overdrive quickly and possibly extending it once or twice is the single most important thing that helped me defeat the final boss.

I've been trying to mix my arts around to achieve that better. I'm using duelist maxed out at level 51. I'm looking at a guide I'm going to use tonight for Lin, Elma, and Gwin to get their arts a bit better too. It's not too effective yet.

sup bruh?

WVW69i0qEQAjm8aYSZ

I imagine azim seeing 1800 and saying I can beat that easy, hits 1900 and got bored

then he sees the update today with his 1900 at number #1

Neiteio

I imagine azim seeing 1800 and saying I can beat that easy, hits 1900 and got bored

then he sees the update today with his 1900 at number #1
NARRATOR: "Why so many thong bikinis," they asked Smiles and Cries, grinning smugly.

But it was Smiles and Cries who had the last laugh, when the Ganglion invaded and were repelled by NLA citizens using thongs as makeshift slingshots.

Pro Tip #329: Don't rush to anything in this game. It'll be a slog.

Just take on some Basic/kill something missions or wrap up some Affinity or Normal missions. You'll get EXP that way, or just explore Probes or Landmarks, you'll also get XP that way.

You'll get that Skell soon enough! ;)
I guess I'll just go explore some more of Syvalium and do some basic missions.

Zalusithix

I think it's safe to say I'm never going to be going for that. I'm losing my mind right now trying to beat this end boss heh. It's frustrating because it's not that I'm not playing well. It's not a dark souls situation where I can just dodge better or something. It's literally the game punishing me for not setting it up exactly the way it wants it.

Also I've literally lost sleep over this. My mood has worsened and I've been in a terrible mood ever since I've come back to this just banging my head against this game to finish it. At this point if I could hack my Wii U to gain invincibility I would do it. Those chapters where I was over leveled were so fucking fun. I was having a blast. It went to one of my favorite games I've played last year to literally one of the worst experiences I've ever had in 27 years of gaming.

I held off on doing the story missions for a long time as I was more interested in doing skell stuff which has no bearing on the story. It wasn't until I wanted to play with the Ares and level 60 skells that I decided to get the story over with. As such, I can't really relate to getting stuck there, though there have been other issues with the game that have caused me to curse it at times.

Just the same, once the game is "over" you can salvage your relationship with it. Support missions open up for easy farming of battle points to play with different builds. You'll have complete freedom to advance how you want to.

I pulled up the recording of the final chapter so everything from here on out is spoiler city!
Basically the drain comes from the skill Apocalypse Roar, but he doesn't seem capable of doing it back to back. You can view the relevant section of my tackling of him here. Seconds prior to this video I pulled in 160 fuel from a part break, though I imagine simply building up some fuel via parking it for a few moments will suffice. It's kind of hard to see, but he pulls off the roar draining the fuel. I then used the fuel up (after a slight delay to give my second drone some recharge time) and unleashed the two drones and buster-launcher. So the real question is how much damage you can do with your skell in the time frame between drains (and how many fuel-ups you have).
Do you have topple set? We can do some run for heavy hitter 20 million+ damage.
I don't have a topple build. For foot RP I run with a sleep sniper loadout which is rather useless in a team as it requires everybody to be running 2x Soft Touch XX and ether/core crusher (parts break wakes) to be effective. That would result in exactly the opposite of what I was aiming for anyhow as I was talking about doing ticket runs with my skell. There's still people out there that are incapable of efficiently farming all the parts, or flat out unable to do it at all. Meanwhile I can farm them at the rate of tens of thousands of tickets per hour. Thus I was debating whether it'd be worth it to try to "share the wealth" so to speak. Were I to go for pure RP, I'd set my skell into a zenith cannon / deus crusher / diskbomb setup. 20 million would be sleeping at the wheel level damage for that loadout.

I don't have a topple build. For foot RP I run with a sleep sniper loadout which is rather useless in a team as it requires everybody to be running 2x Soft Touch XX and ether/core crusher (parts break wakes) to be effective. That would result in exactly the opposite of what I was aiming for anyhow as I was talking about doing ticket runs with my skell. There's still people out there that are incapable of efficiently farming all the parts, or flat out unable to do it at all. Meanwhile I can farm them at the rate of tens of thousands of tickets per hour. Thus I was debating whether it'd be worth it to try to "share the wealth" so to speak. Were I to go for pure RP, I'd set my skell into a zenith cannon / deus crusher / diskbomb setup. 20 million would be sleeping at the wheel level damage for that loadout.

I meant 20 million as single hit damage not cumulative (skell maxed at 9999999). We need ground team to achieve that damage so longsword/ds with topple support is one of few easy choice.
Sleep build could work with unpleasant dream (150% total damage). The need to sacrifice 2 slots for soft touch XX kinda big bummer, though.

I was looking at the world rankings for RP.
Since you guys have builds for it, where are you ranked?

Probably around top 100 in total RP, haven't had much time with nemesis since I'm kinda busy lol
Was at top 10 in heavy hitter few weeks ago, now standing at 24 with 11 million max damage. I think I can reach 22-25 million with topple support (team) since it will multiple the damage twice.

Edit: Just checked the leaderboard and it seems the hacker's gone? All those Miiverse complains worked lol!

Zalusithix

I meant 20 million as single hit damage not cumulative (skell maxed at 9999999). We need ground team to achieve that damage so longsword/ds with topple support is one of few easy choice.
Sleep build could work with unpleasant dream (150% total damage). The need to sacrifice 2 slots for soft touch XX kinda big bummer, though.

Ah, you're talking a full team of well equipped players pushing the limits of the game. I haven't gone down that path as I'm predominantly a single player person with Xenoblade. I've also made a concerted effort to get as far away from the ghost walker / blossom build as possible. Thus I landed on the sleep sniper. Its reliance on soft touch and resistance reducer (needed for world tyrants to prevent OHKO before OD) lowers the potential however, and isn't team friendly. (Though imagining a team of snipers unleashing constant barrages of Afterburner on a perma-slept Yggy amuses me.)

At any rate, that's precisely the opposite of what my original intent was. I wanted to potentially help those just getting their feet wet, or those stuck in a rut. Pushing the RP limits is pretty much the polar opposite of that. Part farming is best done via skell and RP by foot. Similarly, one is over in seconds, while the other runs the full duration. Lastly, one is done to help put together builds, and the other is to use them. =)

As for your question Smiles, personally I'm not even worth bringing up when it comes to those rankings. Given my focus on collecting and playing with skells, I wont ever be either. My zenith/deus/diskbomb Mastema is only going to net in the neighborhood of 200RP from Yggy. Solo runs on foot can far exceed that. Team foot runs can be 50 times as high. Skells just can't compete for sustained damage output. They're more bursty and defensive in nature. Rankings be damned though, I prefer the skells!

Tripon

I asked in the spoiler thread, but that thread seems to be dead...

are the mims Shulk's way to fuse humans with machines?

GAF, help me. How do I get these crazy strong builds and whatnot that allow me to kill super tyrants and level 90s? I saw that video with the blossom dance ether vid and that shit is redonk. Also I seen people mess up tyrants in one hit with certain skell weapons. Can anyone help me out with how to get those?

Zalusithix

GAF, help me. How do I get these crazy strong builds and whatnot that allow me to kill super tyrants and level 90s? I saw that video with the blossom dance ether vid and that shit is redonk. Also I seen people mess up tyrants in one hit with certain skell weapons. Can anyone help me out with how to get those?

Generally speaking, foot builds rely on being able to maintain permanent overdrive. From there they typically use ghost walker/topple/sleep to survive. Damage is done via TP skills and scales with potential. There's plenty of guides out there for various builds. Else you can just start browsing the builds of the top leaderboard players. Basic capabilities are pretty easy to obtain. Maximizing damage is trickier as it requires gear with just the right attributes.

Skell builds for one shotting tyrants are pretty much all centered around the Zenith Cannon / Mastema with Amdusias armor. From there it's a matter of setting up complementary weapons with physical attributes and positional attributes that overlap. Then add a crap ton of slayer augments and opening damage. In the end it'll be a far greater time investment compared to a ground build, and ultimately less powerful for sustained damage. I'd only recommend the skell route if you like using them. Non-mecha fans need not apply. ;)

And speaking of skells and Yggy and all that, here is the first test of my Mastema used for pure damage against Yggy. Nothing compared to the ground build crazyness, but since pretty much all you see on YT are those crazy ground builds, I figure a skell run is a bit of a change of pace. It could certainly be optimized more for the task (and I really shouldn't be moving), but its kind of pointless to do so. Foot would be better for pure RP, and an average farm run is far more efficient for parts.

Probably around top 100 in total RP, haven't had much time with nemesis since I'm kinda busy lol
Was at top 10 in heavy hitter few weeks ago, now standing at 24 with 11 million max damage. I think I can reach 22-25 million with topple support (team) since it will multiple the damage twice.

Edit: Just checked the leaderboard and it seems the hacker's gone? All those Miiverse complains worked lol!

so they can remove those who hack the game?

I was not aware they had hackers listed

Generally speaking, foot builds rely on being able to maintain permanent overdrive. From there they typically use ghost walker/topple/sleep to survive. Damage is done via TP skills and scales with potential. There's plenty of guides out there for various builds. Else you can just start browsing the builds of the top leaderboard players. Basic capabilities are pretty easy to obtain. Maximizing damage is trickier as it requires gear with just the right attributes.
So where might one be able to find these guides like for, lets say, a samurai gunner?

Zalusithix

So where might one be able to find these guides like for, lets say, a samurai gunner?

Virtually any guide is going to be for a Drifter. The builds are geared towards people who have fully unlocked the various classes and combine weapons from different ones to create art combinations that are stronger than any base class. The ghost walker/blossom build, for example uses dual guns and a longsword. A sleep sniper uses a knife and sniper rifle. Neither of these combos is a stock class, and both benefit from the Drifter's ability to use 5 skills.

I seriously want to know what that dummied art name does.

Obviously was used to quickly build OD count with the 15 hit aspect. Then spam blossom back to back to back for damage since he conveniently has more than one to rotate lol. Any TP concerns would be taken care of by the broken gun with 2300 4300 TP per reload.

Ah, you're talking a full team of well equipped players pushing the limits of the game. I haven't gone down that path as I'm predominantly a single player person with Xenoblade. I've also made a concerted effort to get as far away from the ghost walker / blossom build as possible. Thus I landed on the sleep sniper. Its reliance on soft touch and resistance reducer (needed for world tyrants to prevent OHKO before OD) lowers the potential however, and isn't team friendly. (Though imagining a team of snipers unleashing constant barrages of Afterburner on a perma-slept Yggy amuses me.)

!

I mainly use gatling gun with javelin, tried the sleep gatling and it surprisingly as good as sniper, it took Gradivus down in 65 second. Faster than javelin build. So as you can see, the team full of sleep sniper will be devastating as heck.

Oh it's nice to see some skells build! I currently trying to build a speedy Amdusias using Verus part. But the amount of materials for augments kinda burned me out lol.

so curious to how this was done lol

I am trying to climb some rankings but that is easy because I have lots of free time and can play on the gamepad for boring bikini buy/sell all day while I play PS4 lol

3000+ bikinis are overkill tbh lol.. I only have for like 60! All hail to beach bum king! I wonder what people gonna think when the checked the bikini leaderboard top 3 lol

Weebos

Banned
Blah, on
Lao, final battle, easy mode.
and I still can't beat it. I came very close, but
he aoe wiped me.

is there any way to leave and grind at this point?

Blah, on
he aoe wiped me.

I saved at the door before going in so all I did was return to title without saving and loading at the door and grind my team to 60 to cakewalk that stuff

Zalusithix

Blah, on
he aoe wiped me.

Not sure, but like I mentioned earlier in the thread, there is a workaround for using a skell briefly in that fight. Whether that'll give you the edge you need, I don't know.

Branson

Holy fuck I beat him! FUCK YEAH THE STORY IS BEAT. Whew. Sorry if I was annoying anyone. God damn guys this game is amazing.

Edit wait what the fuck lol

3000+ bikinis are overkill tbh lol.. I only have for like 60! All hail to beach bum king! I wonder what people gonna think when the checked the bikini leaderboard top 3 lol

I take 'THE GAME OF THONGS' very seriously

the devs took the time to put that feature in, so I am the ambassador of such inspired creativity :3

as long as my Wii U is online and I have credits to spend I shall rule the bikini trade of Mira

Top Bottom