• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

I have a lot of trouble reading the stats

after I lose a battle I go right back into the fight, but I wish I understood the stats better at least go into a fight with full health

do health regenerate?

I'll go read some of these charts to see if I can understand it

Gunsmithx

so 117 hours... no idea how the hell that happened. Love this game though, massive scale, fun to play, all the characters fell different in how they play, the affinity chart ended up being much more fun then I thought it would be.

Some things could have been done better though, I wish the game kept some kind of record of stuff you killed cause if you find a quest late it's off to kill something for the 100th time :/ Also finding all the quests and npcs without a guide has to be nightmarish which I wish they would have handled better. As in all rpgs I'd kill for 4 man party instead of 3 but I never liked the move to 3 man parties.

Over all very impressed and really looking forward to what they do next and honestly I'm now really pissed we never got Soma Bringer translated :/ maybe one day.

McNum

I have a lot of trouble reading the stats

after I lose a battle I go right back into the fight, but I wish I understood the stats better at least go into a fight with full health

do health regenerate?

I'll go read some of these charts to see if I can understand it
Health recovers between fights. There are several ways to restore it during battle, from your standard healing arts to gems and equipment that lets you heal off other things. Or you can just not get hit. Which brings me to the stats. Most of them are self-explanatory, really, Strength increases physical damage, Ether increases magical effects and damage, and the two defenses counter damage by either physical or magical means, but the one you want to watch is Agility.

Agility is the key stat, as it both affects your accuracy and chance to avoid enemy attacks. High Agility means you hit more and get hit less. Hitting more increases Tension (the change in background you see behind the character portraits) which again causes you to hit more and get hit less. On the other hand, low Agility causes you to miss more with lowers tension and causes you to get hit more and hit less. You really don't want that.

^ thank you, I'm at the level 18 boss with lots of wire arms on the field... now trying to grind on the field, need more power to beat this thing

so strange those small lizard dudes are much harder than those huge toad things.
Huge Level 78 Crane like Birds! ( I really need to learn the names of these things :p )

McNum

^ thank you, I'm at the level 18 boss with lots of wire arms on the field... now trying to grind on the field, need more power to beat this thing

so strange those small lizard dudes are much harder than those huge toad things.
Huge Level 78 Crane like Birds! ( I really need to learn the names of these things :p )
And that would be the boss to teach you about Agility, yes. The trick is to use your brand new
Monado Speed
that sets your Agility to "Yes!" It'll have a really hard time hitting you.

I think today is a good day to proceed with this game. I paused it for quite some time... at least 8 or 9 months. I do not know the reason to be honest, because i enjoyed every of the about 25 hours i played it.

All right, where's my red CCPro? Ah, there it is. Let down the shutters: check. Turn on the Amp: check. Got beer: no. Fuck. Well then, let's get it on again! *listens to the opening theme*

Samyy

I'm stuck, no urge too play anymore since I feel so under leveled. Went back to do quests, found some but these collection quests are so damn long, 3 hours running around and not done a single one....

I'm stuck, no urge too play anymore since I feel so under leveled. Went back to do quests, found some but these collection quests are so damn long, 3 hours running around and not done a single one....
I think this is one of the easiest RPGs in the world to level up in.

Tempest Kick? I never even used that since the effect was terrible (drops an enemy buff?). But that would make it a lot more useful and make me reconsider that single character challenge I was thinking about doing.
Yeah, I read it on GFAQs and tried it out - sure enough, it works. You have to mash Thunder, though, because it technically won't be available until Tempest Kick has just completed.

Critical Up is outclassed by double attack since you can link up to make all of them critical, and it has a higher percentage.
That costs a lot of SP though, and doesn't affect skills. 70 points! Maybe you're beyond that with all your NG+ playthroughs, haha. But for me, 70 points is almost half of what I have available, so I wouldn't go slapping it on characters unless it really fit the bill.

The thing about haste is that it ultimately ends up in an armor slot anyway (Glory Gauntlets for most characters, and you already have the thing for 7th I believe). And assuming you're not using Night Vision, that does give you two slots to play around if you're using Double Attack for one.
True.

I'd go with attack stability over attack plus. It's guaranteed to increase your damage output, while plus just makes it more likely. And double attack is better than attack plus since that only adds 50% damage while double attack actually hits twice 50% of the time, which also effectively adds 50% damage (or more if you have the skill link to make them crits) and fills your talent gauge(/party gauge) faster. I really do think double attack is the single best offensive gem in the game. I guess your point is that you're constantly in chain attacks so you feel that something that directly increases damage there is better, but double attack makes your chain attacks more frequent if you're using it right.
I read a claim on GFAQs that Attack Stability/Plus can glitch. The claim was that the difference in Min/Max damage on a weapon cannot exceed 99, and if it does, the game will treat the maximum as only 99 larger than the minimum. So using only Attack Plus would be useless. Besides, Attack Stability tends to collapse your damage into itself. A 600-800 weapon normally does 700 per hit on average. Attack Stability will bring that to 700 per hit. Attack Plus theoretically brings that to 900 per hit (600-1200). Attack Plus and Attack Stability brings it to 1050 per hit (900-1200), theoretically. Who knows if the GFAQs post is right, though. When I slapped both on Dunban's weapon, Gale Slash went from 3800 damage to 4800, which is a pretty huge increase compared to any other option I've explored.

If Double Attack worked on arts, I'd agree with you. I still feel as though going the Stability/Plus route might be better for Dunban.

What do you think about Reyn? I'm sure you can agree that there's no real benefit to pumping his Talent Art gauge constantly. Do you think the Plus/Stability option is superior for him?

Back Attack is awesome, but really only for the character you're controlling, OR Dunban if someone else is tanking (Dunban always goes behind the enemy when he doesn't have aggro, nifty).
Noted!

Lightning attack is also a good option for 7th, as you've brought up before. Electric Up for Melia, and Blaze/Poison/Etc. for Riki. I used Bleed Plus for Dunban and it worked nicely, Gale Slash late in the chain attack would do a ton of bleed damage. Good for longer battles, not so much for shorter ones.
Bleed Plus seems weak since bleed attacks only do 20% of normal damage as bleed damage, so you'd be doing 40% of normal damage, which is still less than a fire, ice, or poison attack. I definitely want to explore Lightning Attack on 7th. I think I might run it differently based on her position. Lightning Attack when DPSing, Double Attack and friends when tanking, and maybe Agility Down, Defense Down when running her on my theoretical ether build, since she'll have Talent Bonus and her attacks will be crap anyway. Might as well boost the team up.

Is Abassy (sp?) the only boss you absolutely need Night Vision for? I'm already at level 89, so I'm not too worried about getting to a reasonable level to fight the higher level guys aside from him.

Well, the problem with this idea is that Agility Down is a debuff while Night Vision inherently works for your characters as long as it's night. Bullseye does negate the need for Night Vision if you can remain behind the enemy (so what I said for Back Attack previously applies here) AND if you have the coins to use on it - it's relatively expensive at around 50, and this is why I didn't end up using it on Shulk. But Agility down only activates a percentage of the time, and it can be resisted, so it's less reliable.
I'll mess with it as some point and let you know how it goes in practice, but I agree with your thoughts.

And the difference between 25% and 50% could be pretty big as well. Going from ~36% NV gems to 50% made a big difference in my accuracy against Abaasy at level 79 for Shulk and 7th. Not so much for Dunban due to Serene Heart, which is why I never bothered getting him a VI gem.
Well, it depends on the enemy's agility. If the boss has 2000 agility, and I have 1000 agility, then a 25% drop on him is the same as a 50% bonus to me, assuming the accuracy scale is done linearly.

(I assume your idea is that you rely on one character for the Bullseye + Agility Down, since having multiple characters behind the enemy doesn't happen often making Bullseye a waste on 1 or 2 of them).
That was the idea, but I could also try doing Bullseye on one character to land the first Agility Down, and then the others might land Agility Down on their own. A Xenoblade website I read a few nights ago says the debuffs stack. Similarly, it would be interesting to run three Defense Down gems to get a -75% defense debuff running.

You'll have to "warn" Shulk, which lets you choose something for him to do during a vision. So if it's a talent art, you can have him use shield. Warning an AI party member costs one bar of your party gauge (the blue gauge at the top of the screen), so keep that in mind.
I wish I got to warn people for free. :p

Getting back into this and making my way to Bionis' Leg. When and how do I get the chance the craft gems anywhere?
You get a quest from the Gem Stall Man in Colony 9. To complete the quest, you need to get all of Colony 6's buildings "leveled up" once. You'll know what that means when it matters. You will have all of the materials necessary for this once you enter the area right after Bionis' Leg.

ScOULaris

So I recently decided to take the plunge and pick up Xenoblade (US version), and I am incredibly happy that I did.

This game has hooked me like no other. I've always been the type of gamer who loves the idea of JRPG's but never has the patience to stick with them all the way through to the end. What I love about good JRPG's is how they are capable of transporting me to beautiful, interesting worlds and giving me free reign to explore every nook and cranny. What usually causes me to lose interest in them, however, is the combat/grinding. Most turn-based combat systems just wear on me over time, and eventually they become nothing more than padding getting in the way of my exploration of the game world.

Xenoblade basically preserves or enhances all of the JRPG aspects that I love and eliminates nearly all of the annoyances that normally cause me to bow out before the halfway point. The game's greatest achievement, without a doubt, is its world. Xenoblade consistently throws you into endlessly interesting and beautiful locales, and it even encourages exploring them fully through the use of sidequests and earning XP by discovering new locations. It's just ingenious. Never does the player feel like exploring will put them at risk of unexpected death or loss of progress. There is this sense of freedom that the game cultivates, which lends itself to conveying a pure joy of exploration.

The combat system is also much improved over other JRPG's, for my tastes, anyway. It's very MMO-esque, which I think is a good thing. It lends itself to fast, fun battles that don't feel like grinding to me. Being able to initiate or avoid fights at my leisure and see enemy's levels right from the field is just good design. I really enjoy the combat in Xenoblade, as it never serves as an impediment to me exploring the rich, visually interesting world.

So now that I've finished my praising rant, I'd like to address something that has been bothering me:

Why in god's name isn't there a published guide for this game?

I know that the game got a limited release over here in the States, but nothing seems to have been produced over in England either. The fact that we have to rely on half-baked Wikis and FAQs for a game this massive is an absolute travesty.

ahh I am tired of being just "On Par" with the bosses I fight
LLShC.gif

I've reach Central Pit's lower level just reached level 24 had to grind up to 26. Boss and minions still killed me maybe I just suck

Since I suck I have now made up my mind to go grind it out to also learn to the control timing better. Where is the best spot to grind at this level?

ScOULaris

LLShC.gif

I've reach Central Pit's lower level just reached level 24 had to grind up to 26. Boss and minions still killed me maybe I just suck

Since I suck I have now made up my mind to go grind it out to also learn to the control timing better. Where is the best spot to grind at this level?

You shouldn't be under-leveled in this game as long as you're fighting monsters as you come across them on the main quest.

Are you taking advantage of gem crafting and trying to equip your party with decent stuff? Always go with equipment that has gem slots (marked with an S or U in the equip window). Utilizing gems and using Chain Attacks can make up for being "on par" or even below the level of a tough enemy.

But like I said, it sounds like you've been skipping too many fights if you're under-leveled at that point in the game.

LLShC.gif

Being a level or two below bosses is pretty normal. Maybe reconsider your approach?

Anustart

Just got done with the 'boss' fight in Colony 9. My thoughts on the game up to this point:

I really haven't been interested in jrpgs for a while now, but this game is sucking me in. Great music, tons of nuances to everything in the game, and believable, human characters. The story thus far is great and doing a fine job of keeping me interested.

ScOULaris

Just got done with the 'boss' fight in Colony 9. My thoughts on the game up to this point:

I really haven't been interested in jrpgs for a while now, but this game is sucking me in. Great music, tons of nuances to everything in the game, and believable, human characters. The story thus far is great and doing a fine job of keeping me interested.

Oh, just you wait. The game gets exponentially better with each passing hour after you leave Colony 9.

gem crafting is something I better learn soon... I tried it once but fell lost need to read these things more lol

how big is this leg damn walked for hours and I think I only opened 10% of this map

I'm having more fun exploring in this game than I ever had with a Zelda world

Zornica

Banned
gem crafting is something I better learn soon... I tried it once but fell lost need to read these things more lol

how big is this leg damn walked for hours and I think I only opened 10% of this map

pro tip: to uncover the whole map you only need to find all warp points. you can do it manually ofc, but there is one area in particular later on that will drive you crazy if you try it that way. That area alone is probably bigger than most game worlds.

gem crafting isn't that important until you find stage III materials. wouldn't waste my time on I and II

ScOULaris

The leg is a pretty huge area, but trust me when I say that you'll come across even larger, more diverse areas. Xenoblade's world is one of the best to ever grace a game, in terms of its size and how much of it is actually worth exploring. It's quite an achievement.

IMO, just mess around with random combinations to get a feel for what happens. Then read the gem guide. Rinse and repeat, and it'll all click for you.

got the gem thing down a little better now... went around C9 talking to people day and night taking quests... some of these people are hard to find this game does need a guide book

funny thing is as I meet people and learn about them the affirmity thing that links them I see a green square smily Icon with the words "intimate lovers" between two people then I looked at my team the same green smile without the words is between my male party members and Sharla

Question does the clock still run when the game is paused?
when the screen goes on screen saver dim or when you hit menu on the wiimote
I wonder if I am using game time doing this I've left it on for hours to read GAF or watch streaming videos then go back and play again.

I got 18 hours of game time, level 26

got the gem thing down a little better now... went around C9 talking to people day and night taking quests... some of these people are hard to find this game does need a guide book

funny thing is as I meet people and learn about them the affirmity thing that links them I see a green square smily Icon with the words "intimate lovers" between two people then I looked at my team the same green smile without the words is between my male party members and Sharla

Question does the clock still run when the game is paused?
when the screen goes on screen saver dim or when you hit menu on the wiimote
I wonder if I am using game time doing this I've left it on for hours to read GAF or watch streaming videos then go back and play again.

I got 18 hours of game time, level 26
No clue about the clock.

Funny about the green smiley.

For finding NPCs, I recommend one of a few methods:
1) Learn where an NPC is at a particular time, and just learn to go there and set the time.
2) Keep a record.
3) Use this spreadsheet, which is relatively low on spoilers (i.e. nothing game ruining unless you leave the NPC page, I think):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...eE5BekE&hl=en_US&f=true&noheader=false&gid=11

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What do you think about Reyn? I'm sure you can agree that there's no real benefit to pumping his Talent Art gauge constantly. Do you think the Plus/Stability option is superior for him?
Probably, just because the best thing to do with Reyn is to pump up his damage as much as possible then Berserk+Magnum Charge+Sword Drive :lol

Bleed Plus seems weak since bleed attacks only do 20% of normal damage as bleed damage, so you'd be doing 40% of normal damage, which is still less than a fire, ice, or poison attack.
Well, Dunban only deals Bleed, but getting that occasional 4000+ bleed was nice.

Is Abassy (sp?) the only boss you absolutely need Night Vision for? I'm already at level 89, so I'm not too worried about getting to a reasonable level to fight the higher level guys aside from him.
Depends on what party you fight with, you'd probably want them for Blizzard Belzagas too for physical characters. Ancient Daedala and Despotic Arsene are doable without them at level 99, even with physical parties (though night vision would make the latter much, MUCH easier).

Well, it depends on the enemy's agility. If the boss has 2000 agility, and I have 1000 agility, then a 25% drop on him is the same as a 50% bonus to me, assuming the accuracy scale is done linearly.
It's not, Agility is just one factor, I'd have to dig up that post where I messily translated the hit rate calculation. It's a big factor though, so you're probably not too far off in that thinking.

LLShC.gif

Unique monsters. Hopefully I'll drill this into everyone's head that comes into this thread. :lol

They're tough, tougher than bosses in a lot of cases, but they provide the best experience in the game, drop the best equipment available at whatever point in the game they're beatable at, and give you valuable affinity coins for skill links.

Not to mention since they're challenging, it really makes you wrap your head around the battle system to beat them. If you can kill the unique monsters you come across (excluding any that are significantly higher level than you, obviously) you should be fine against any boss.

gem crafting isn't that important until you find stage III materials. wouldn't waste my time on I and II
Agility might be useful, any amount of dodging attacks is better than none. But yeah, generally what you find during quests and get for filling the collectopedia is good enough early in the game.

Also, the NPC section of that spreadsheet doesn't have spoilers, but pretty much every other section does.

So now that I've finished my praising rant, I'd like to address something that has been bothering me:

Why in god's name isn't there a published guide for this game?

I know that the game got a limited release over here in the States, but nothing seems to have been produced over in England either. The fact that we have to rely on half-baked Wikis and FAQs for a game this massive is an absolute travesty.
I very, very briefly considered doing a full guide sort of thing when I started revamping my FAQ on GAF (which I planned to work on this weekend but I've been sick), but I didn't really think it was necessary since the game is pretty easy, and the IGN Wiki guide has progressed decently (even if it's only up to Makna Forest and lacks a lot of details that I'd add). I don't think it would be particularly difficult to make a dedicated and more "strategy guide"-like one, just really, really time consuming.

I dunno though. If there's interest in that sort of thing it could be done, but I mean, by the time it would be done you'd probably have long since finished the game.

Edit: That IGN guide actually has some incorrect info. Just browsed through some sections, and I'm pretty sure the same DoT debuff from different characters do not stack, but I'd have to recheck that. It also says Mad Taunt is AoE, and that's not true (unless Berserk is up, it's actually listed in the effect).

THIS GAME!

It has become my favorite game of all time... I don't even need to continue to story I'm having too much fun.

but the more I like the game the more I like the animals... it feels bad to kill them now ;_;
the momies of the herd of Amu :( so sad to kill the babies too

my INSOMNIA now has a friend
3AQmK.gif

ScOULaris

I very, very briefly considered doing a full guide sort of thing when I started revamping my FAQ on GAF (which I planned to work on this weekend but I've been sick), but I didn't really think it was necessary since the game is pretty easy, and the IGN Wiki guide has progressed decently (even if it's only up to Makna Forest and lacks a lot of details that I'd add). I don't think it would be particularly difficult to make a dedicated and more "strategy guide"-like one, just really, really time consuming.

I dunno though. If there's interest in that sort of thing it could be done, but I mean, by the time it would be done you'd probably have long since finished the game.

Edit: That IGN guide actually has some incorrect info. Just browsed through some sections, and I'm pretty sure the same DoT debuff from different characters do not stack, but I'd have to recheck that. It also says Mad Taunt is AoE, and that's not true (unless Berserk is up, it's actually listed in the effect).

Well, it just seems like such a missed opportunity. A game this massive deserves an equally immense and beautifully designed official guide book. I'm talking something on the level of FFXII and DQ9's guides.

For that matter, Xenoblade has been one big missed opportunity in general, I believe. With its delayed, limited released in the States, I feel that Xenoblade was forever doomed to be one of the great under-marketed games of all time. It's possibly the best JRPG I've ever played, and the fact that it was released so late and on such a small scale is pretty disappointing.

will we ever get grass like this game again on a Nintendo console? I hope so... so beautiful.

many this story moves along when you can beat a boss
3AQmK.gif

too bad I've been reading spoilers when I got stuck... I wish I had a save file for
NG+
already

will this game last me until Wii U launch?

I just made it to Erith Sea. The scene with Riki's family was hilarious.

I'm at about level 37 now and I get the feeling that I'm either nearing the end of the game.... or the halfway point. I can't decide.

Just finished it. I loved this game probably RPG of the generation.

Is there any websites that have cool things and info I might have missed on my first play though? unfortunately I doubt I will get to replay this game because of time constraints.

coming of age ceremony how hard is it? Is this something I need to leave for later?

I just saw a huge level 80+ dude blocking my path I could try and go around it but just want to know if Level 28 is where I should be right now?

Just finished it. I loved this game probably RPG of the generation.

Is there any websites that have cool things and info I might have missed on my first play though? unfortunately I doubt I will get to replay this game because of time constraints.

there is a youtube channel of a guy who decided not to do a play though but shot video of how to get every secret location in the game some of them are tricks
I spoiled myself a lot but I do that with huge games to keep me motivated to play more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hQFsS1br5o

Zornica

Banned
where I should be right now?]

how about following that red arrow on top of the screen? :p
(if there is none, go to the menu and press Z)

No clue about the clock.

Funny about the green smiley.

For finding NPCs, I recommend one of a few methods:
1) Learn where an NPC is at a particular time, and just learn to go there and set the time.
2) Keep a record.
3) Use this spreadsheet, which is relatively low on spoilers (i.e. nothing game ruining unless you leave the NPC page, I think):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...eE5BekE&hl=en_US&f=true&noheader=false&gid=11

I always found it way easier to write down where npc spawn than where they are at a random time. if they spawn in front of you, you can't miss them. (spawnpoints are usually dark blue dots on the minimap, most of them are doors.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You shouldn't need to grind. Check the info for the quest and it will tell you what you need to do, and it should be marked on your map as well.

I just made it to Erith Sea. The scene with Riki's family was hilarious.

I'm at about level 37 now and I get the feeling that I'm either nearing the end of the game.... or the halfway point. I can't decide.
Roughly halfway. Your level toward the end will be at least
if you have been doing quests and exploring. I was much higher.

I just saw a huge level 80+ dude blocking my path I could try and go around it but just want to know if Level 28 is where I should be right now?
One of the beauties of this game is seeing stuff to do later right where you are right now.

isnt fightng a bunch of unique monsters kinda grinding? Or looking for quest items for multiple hours?
How is exploring a game grinding? You find the uniques by exploring your environment. 80% of quests, I would say, are completed just by exploring around the area and seeing what's up.

30 hours in Level 30... hot mecha cut scene

I kinda knew they would make me climb that
KuGsj.gif

can someone make me a Xenoblade Wii U avatar box? please... new favorite game of all time :3

every area is shockingly different and rich... how many years did this game take?

okay I want to jump off this rope bridge and swim to those huge falls can it or is that a fake background?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
isnt fightng a bunch of unique monsters kinda grinding? Or looking for quest items for multiple hours?

You only need to fight them once, unless you kill them before a quest requires it (in which case you end up in the reload-cycle to get them to appear again).

And I messed around with Tempest Kick + Thunder. It works, but I only successfully pulled off a topple afterward once in numerous attempts at spamming Steel Strike after Thunder. And that one attempt was by lengthening the combo, adding Gale Slash -> Electric Gutbuster to the beginning to get break in before dazing (so that makes it a 6 art combo).

But even trying that multiple times I couldn't do it successfully. The animation for Thunder is so long daze ends before Steel Strike can even start. Shouldn't matter, the important part is daze, since that means Dunban can deal with visions. At least to an extent.

every area is shockingly different and rich... how many years did this game take?

I think they actually started doing something with the idea in early 2007, and the Japanese release was planned for late 2009. They ended up delaying the game internally until mid-2010 (which I believe is part of the reason NoA dropped the game). So basically 3 years, I think the Iwata Asks also said they did some concept stuff as early as 2006 but never really went any further until 2007.

Seanspeed

Banned
30 hours in Level 30... hot mecha cut scene

I kinda knew they would make me climb that
KuGsj.gif

can someone make me a Xenoblade Wii U avatar box? please... new favorite game of all time :3

okay I want to jump off this rope bridge and swim to those huge falls can it or is that a fake background?

You can go there.

You can go there.

I have a hardtime understanding how this game was even possible on Wii, I see the character model had to be low poly but the world damn... even if they cut most of it in segments they all are huge. I love the concept that the whole world you are walking on is one huge God thing

holy shit its 2PM I've been playing all of this time need sleep... (I'll go look for Riki's stuff when I wake up)

IGN put Xenoblade as #11 in the top 25 Wii games

hooray?

no. they put The Last Story as #10.

what say you GAF?

EDIT: also no mention of Little King's Story, Zack & Wiki, or Epic Yarn

I also love the "if you see it, you can go there". It first really hits you when you're standing on top of Tephra Cave. Finding every lookout spot is such a pleasure. FFXIII was similarly impressive for making so many detailed backgrounds that had no point other than being a background, haha. What a waste of development time.

hooray?

what say you GAF?

It's a terrible list, IIRC. IMHO, the two best games on this system are Xenoblade and Monster Hunter Tri.

Zornica

Banned

hooray?

what say you GAF?

A top 25 list without lks isn't worth mentioning. and a list that puts tls over xb is just ridiculous.

I'm trying my best to like this game, but I think it's kind of a mess when it comes to explaining stuff. There have been so, so many tutorial windows that it eventually seriously turned me off and I stopped caring about learning about everything.

It's also doing that fucking annoying thing I hate about many RPG's, where you have a lot of items and collectibles and stuff and you have no idea what's okay to sell and you need a shitload of money.

Maybe I'll come back to it later, it just really feels like a chore. It started off okay but kept adding new elements that seem over-complicated that I just don't care about at all.

Hiltz

I guess this is what you get for trying to take a website's best game's list seriously!

Speaking of IGN, I was amused by today's review of The Last Story's graphics:

For the Wii, it’s super, but obviously it doesn’t compare that favorably to its peers on other platforms.

What the fuck is this ?

Anustart

Progress update! On my way to Colony 6, currently looking for a little boy that had to abandon his sweet dune buggy.

I'm REALLY enjoying my time with this title. My passion for jRpgs has dwindled over the years, but this thing is lighting a fire in my loins. Just when I think I've got stuff down, the game piles on some more mechanics that really serve to enrich the experience, making it one of the deepest rpg's i've played. With 5 hours on the game clock, I can only say that this game is a fantastic work of art. I find myself just rotating the camera around in each new location just to take in the sights.

And I can also say that game amazes me with the stuff you can do. I'll be out exploring and think 'Hmm, would be sweet if you could actually swim in the water', then I decide to try to jump in and what do ya know?! You can swim! Come up to wall thats climbable I decide to jump at it just to see if I can latch on from above ground level, and yep, you can. It's the little things like that that make me smile and enjoy it that much more.

Top Bottom