• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I've had this preordered for quite a while now; but saw the artbook is now out of stock. I ordered when they were still available, so I'm not worried.

But I asked about them at another store, and he was really pushing me to preorder today. I said I wanted an artbook, then; and he promised me I'd get one.

Lol, we'll see... But now I have, potentially, two artbooks. So, if they're selling for a crap-load of money, I'll eBay it. But if they're not fetching much, I'll do a good deed and pass them along to the community. Normally I'd pass it along either way; but I'm unemployed and broke, so I gotta take what I can get ;p

vic2020

Neo Member
I'm hoping to walk into gamestop and pick up a copy on release day without having preordered even though i've heard it may be limited to preorder only

I'm hoping to walk into gamestop and pick up a copy on release day without having preordered even though i've heard it may be limited to preorder only

Why not just go in now and put $5 down? That way you could guarantee yourself a copy on release day, if you get there early enough.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Melia is exceptionally easy to use though. All you have to do is Summon Flare, Summon Bolt, Summon Bolt, Spear Break, Starlight Kick, release, release to deal massive damage. Add Electric Plus x2, Ether Up x2, Topple Up and/or Topple Plus and she's unstoppubol.

I'm only at Lv49 with her and I'm doing real nice damage doing this:
Summon BOLT > s.BOLT > s.FLARE , Spear, Kick, Release FLARE, Summon Bolt

and then go to town and release all three Bolts. Or like your varation, summon Wind first, then Bolt, Bolt. I like stacking up three Bolts when I'm at Elemental Burst, that does stupid damage.

Question though, where should I go or do to get more Elect Up gems? Is there a specific place to farm for those?

TDLink

You -can- walk in to Gamestop on Friday and get a copy. Nintendo and Gamestop have both clarified that pre-orders are not required, they just help to ensure you get a copy on release day. Every store should have some extras allotted above the pre-order number though.

I'm only at Lv49 with her and I'm doing real nice damage doing this:
Summon BOLT > s.BOLT > s.FLARE , Spear, Kick, Release FLARE, Summon Bolt

and then go to town and release all three Bolts. Or like your varation, summon Wind first, then Bolt, Bolt. I like stacking up three Bolts when I'm at Elemental Burst, that does stupid damage.

Question though, where should I go or do to get more Elect Up gems? Is there a specific place to farm for those?

FYI, instead of waiting for bolt to come off CD 3 times you can substitute the second one for Summon Copy, it'll let you do your rotation faster. Also, be careful with flare. While powerful, it has the tendency to pull other crap you don't want in your battles since it is AOE. I personally like doing a rotation of Summon Aqua > Summon Bolt > Summon Copy > Spear, Kick, Release, Release. I just like the constant group healing that Aqua aura gives you and if you get in trouble you can just release it for more healing to yourself.

I admit I only used Melia in that particular boss fight. My Sharla-Shulk-Heropon team was pretty much unstoppable. The little beast was damn effective with his DOTs

Codeblue

I find it frustrating that this would cost me less to have shipped here from across an ocean than to drive to a Gamestop 2 minutes away.

*sigh*

I went down to the local Gamestop to reserve a copy of Xenoblade, this will be the first time in years I've purchased a game from them. This game better be worth it.

Zornica

Banned

at the north exit of the wind cave (but still inside it!), follow the turkins. you can mine them there. I am not sure about the stage... maybe II or III.
but be carefull, there are lvl75 spiders around.

Codeblue

*sigh*

I went down to the local Gamestop to reserve a copy of Xenoblade, this will be the first time in years I've purchased a game from them. This game better be worth it.

I haven't bought from them in years as well because I think they're awful, however, if they really did have a hand in getting this localized, isn't that something that is worth supporting?

FYI, instead of waiting for bolt to come off CD 3 times you can substitute the second one for Summon Copy, it'll let you do your rotation faster. Also, be careful with flare. While powerful, it has the tendency to pull other crap you don't want in your battles since it is AOE. I personally like doing a rotation of Summon Aqua > Summon Bolt > Summon Copy > Spear, Kick, Release, Release. I just like the constant group healing that Aqua aura gives you and if you get in trouble you can just release it for more healing to yourself.
Yeah flare was only useful once I was very overpowered. Otherwise, the trouble it causes outweighs the benefits. By far my most used spells were Wind and Bolt. The agility boost was just amazing, especially on
a decked-out Dunban.

I find it frustrating that this would cost me less to have shipped here from across an ocean than to drive to a Gamestop 2 minutes away.
That's why many of us imported! I paid ~$54 total. The only difference was the wait.

*sigh*

I think it's reasonable to criticize GameStop for shitty business practices and buy from them when they're the only ones doing something like this. Money talks, and I think it's fair to make the determination that showing a company like Nintendo demand in specific cases is more important than continued adherence to a general boycott.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yeah flare was only useful once I was very overpowered. Otherwise, the trouble it causes outweighs the benefits. By far my most used spells were Wind and Bolt. The agility boost was just amazing, especially on
a decked-out Dunban.

yeah sometimes just to be silly I will cast all three Wind spells for Maximum agility and then just stand back and laugh.

Teknoman

*sigh*

People put together for a giant petition and preorder the game in droves from Amazon just to get a glimmer of hope that the game would arrive in North America, not to mention its got one of the best soundtracks this generation.

Its worth it.

anaron

I'm double dipping because:

A) I'd rather just own a NA copy to make things easier
and the 'Chronicles' font is more aesthetically pleasing.

B)I want to support these developers and hopefully instill some sort of confidence in NoA to take more chances.

flyover

B)I want to support these developers and hopefully instill some sort of confidence in NoA to take more chances.

Same here. Part of me didn't want to buy it again, because I hate to reward them for initially refusing to release it here. But I very much want to support Takahashi and Monolith. Plus, it'll be convenient to have a copy that runs on any unmodded Wii.

Is this game street dated or will GS sell it as soon as it receives its copies? I dont see why it needs to be street dated, only one store is getting it and there is no marketing campaign.

The Hermit

Well, just preordered a copy from Gamestop. First Wii game ever.

I would recommend a bunch of other titles to get as well, but getting a wii just for Xenoblade, a niche new JRPG, not very availible and only known to fans then:

20120401_shell_open_3_ndlt_055.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
I would recommend a bunch of other titles to get as well, but getting a wii just for Xenoblade, a niche new JRPG, not very availible and only known to fans then:

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/wp-content/blogs.dir/1916/files/shell-houston-open/20120401_shell_open_3_ndlt_055.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well they did make my favorite PS2 jrpg trilogy, so I can give them the benefit of the doubt for this. That said I'm completely in the dark about everything in this game, which is a nice thing.

Shaffield

How much is nintendo.com charging for shipping? Perhaps I should preorder @ Gamestop if it's not too late to do so since there's a artbook as well...

I'm not sure about Nintendo's shipping cost, but I've heard that GS preorders over the last week or so may not include the artbook, due to limited supply.

Its probably a store-by-store situation tho

A) I'd rather just own a NA copy to make things easier
and the 'Chronicles' font is more aesthetically pleasing.

You took the reasons right out of my head.

Leezard

Well they did make my favorite PS2 jrpg trilogy, so I can give them the benefit of the doubt for this. That said I'm completely in the dark about everything in this game, which is a nice thing.
I hope you'll enjoy the game as much as I and lots of other gaffers have!

flyover

Stay that way! Be very careful when going through this thread. I kept radio silence (for the most part) while I played through it, and I'm so glad I did. I don't even like to know the party members' names or listen to any of the music out of context (until I've heard it in-game).

Hope you enjoy it.

Orgun

Thanks to this thread i've started playing again, got myself past the marsh and am enjoying it once again :)

anaron

Stay that way! Be very careful when going through this thread. I kept radio silence (for the most part) while I played through it, and I'm so glad I did. I don't even like to know the party members' names or listen to any of the music out of context (until I've heard it in-game).

Hope you enjoy it.

Yeah, I avoided the OT like the plague. Going into this game fresh offers the best possible experience.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I've only know about the first hour.... I always watch about the 1st hour of long games to see if the intrest me..

Xenoblade did it in 30 seconds XD
That title screen

Tess3ract

Banned
I've only know about the first hour.... I always watch about the 1st hour of long games to see if the intrest me..

Xenoblade did it in 30 seconds XD
That title screen
Uh, like a good book, it's usually the second hour or after the first 100-200 pages that picks up.

Konstrix

Neo Member
I haven't anticipated a game like this in as long as I can remember. I finished Tales of Graces f a couple of weeks ago and I'm so ready to jump into this. Bought a wii, i'm set!

I haven't anticipated a game like this in as long as I can remember. I finished Tales of Graces f a couple of weeks ago and I'm so ready to jump into this. Bought a wii, i'm set!

After you're done with this, you'll have quite the backlog.

There are plenty of great games on the Wii. The Last Story's coming in a few months!

Clott

I really want to play this, but kind of afraid of adding more to my back log, But I do have a feeling this one will be worth it. I just need something that dose not fall apart like ME3.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
EBGames Canada called and said my pre-order will be here Thursday.

Dafuq.

I thought it was releasing on the 17th, lol. I've been WAY out of the loop, it's so close.. just when I start exams >.>

I really want to play this, but kind of afraid of adding more to my back log, But I do have a feeling this one will be worth it. I just need something that dose not fall apart like ME3.

anyone point out it 100+ hour long just for the story? but nvm sec you play this you forget all others

I just ordered a Wii this morning specifically for this game as well. So hyped.

Foofaraw

Ok GafHype. You win. I walked into a gamestop for the first time this year and plunked down some cash for this game. I am very excited.

Are there any guide only weapons ala FFXII, or can I feasibly get all the cool stuff without jumping on a FAQ?

Az987

all good things
Anyone post this yet? Someone on cheapassgamer is saying that if you pre-ordered at GameStop either after March 26th or before they offered the art book on their website you won't be getting one.

Not sure if it's true or not but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone post this yet? Someone on cheapassgamer is saying that if you pre-ordered at GameStop either after March 26th or before they offered the art book on their website you won't be getting one.

Not sure if it's true or not but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

That would be pretty ridiculous if it wasn't retroactive.

You can tell if you're going to get it if you ordered online though, because it will be on your order listed as a separate product.

Top Bottom