• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm jealous of people getting to play this for the first time.

Best JRPG since Skies of Arcadia.
:eek: That's it, now I am officially hyped. I don't even care if it is hyperbole, but for this game to make someone say such a bold statement like that just makes my body NEED this game. RIGHT. NOW.

BTW, I will kick a magazine rack over if I don't get an artbook from Gamestop. Seriously. I pre-ordered the day after the announcement of the GS exclusivity localization.

cametall

Broke down and preordered from GameStop (online). I refuse to support my local store.

I had to pay that much for 5-10 day shipping? Christ Amazon has spoiled me...

Anyone post this yet? Someone on cheapassgamer is saying that if you pre-ordered at GameStop either after March 26th or before they offered the art book on their website you won't be getting one.

Not sure if it's true or not but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Bullshit if true. Ordered mine in January...looks like I won't get one. I now see why Gamestop is hated. Should reward those who purchased early.

Ruas

Banned
For those that have already finished the game ;

I found out about fiora's death before playing the game, without spoiling anything, are there still quite a few unexpected twists and turns to look forward to?

KarmaCow

I found out about fiora's death before playing the game, without spoiling anything, are there still quite a few unexpected twists and turns to look forward to?

Don't worry there are a lot things that happen in the story. And for when that spoiler happens,
it happens really early in the game.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This article from Siliconera makes me excited. I didn't follow the game too extensively, so it's nice to know all those things are in the game. It seems like a really forward thinking JRPG.

The game is crammed full of plot twists :D

I'm not really sure what to make of the artbook chaos... did they really lowball the number of potential preorders by that much? They had to expect that the vast majority of consumers would get the game from GameStop, and that a good portion of the print run would sell via preorders.

Regardless, it's dumb situation, assuming the rumors are true.

This article from Siliconera makes me excited. I didn't follow the game too extensively, so it's nice to know all those things are in the game. It seems like a really forward thinking JRPG.

A neat article, but people who want absolutely no location spoilers should not click the link. All the "spoilers" are early game stuff and none of the story is spoiled, but still. It's a nice read, many of the points made are great, and it's worth bookmarking and coming back to after ~10 hours of the game.

teiresias

So my Nintendo order that I put in back in January is now showing as backordered when I check my status at Nintendo's store. Is this normal? Should I cut my losses, email/call to cancel, and run to Gamestop tomorrow? In no rush to play it since my backlog is huge, but I just don't want it to turn into me actually not getting it at all.

TDLink

So my Nintendo order that I put in back in January is now showing as backordered when I check my status at Nintendo's store. Is this normal? Should I cut my losses, email/call to cancel, and run to Gamestop tomorrow? In no rush to play it since my backlog is huge, but I just don't want it to turn into me actually not getting it at all.

If you ordered on Nintendo.com you will -for sure- get it. Backordered just means you are not guaranteed to get it on launch day. If you don't care about getting it on Friday specifically you'll be fine.

NeededSleep

So i ordered from nintendo as well for my extra copy. Holy crap i cant figure out how to navigate their site to find order status. i feel so stupid.

Doesn't help that i seemed to of delete my purchase receipt email either XD

The fact that this is coming out Friday doesn't even seem real to me.

I started listening to the soundtrack again today and my hype just built back up a lot. Oh god I am so pumped for this game. I haven't been this excited for one in a long time.

Go_Ly_Dow

Torn between either carrying on with the endgame content or starting with new game + to coincide with the NA launch.

First time in a very long time I might replay a game within a year of completing of it. I just love it that much.

First time being disappointed with Nintendo's customer service. The card I pre-ordered it on their site with expired last month. Called them so I could update the card info on the pre-order. That's not an option though, I could have emailed them check, or cancel the order and re-pre-order. Seems so silly and dumb.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Seriously can't wait for this. Already have it reserved and paid in full... time to totally get sucked into the void.

Just pre-ordered it online. I can't wait for this, seriously. I've been good about keeping myself away from threads that involve the game; however, I did get something spoiled due to a video someone posted with a spoiler title in a different thread. They linked it, so it's not their fault. YouTubeMe sucks sometimes ;(

Bought a CC Pro today. I can't stand the Wiimote.

You won't regret it. I occasionally went on 8-9 hour binges and the CCPro was a dream to hold. Plus, for folks without a rechargeable battery pack for their Wii Remotes, the CCPro drains the battery really slowly, so you can squeeze a ton of playtime out of two AA batteries.

dreamfall

You won't regret it. I occasionally went on 8-9 hour binges and the CCPro was a dream to hold. Plus, for folks without a rechargeable batter pack for their Wii Remotes, the CCPro drains the battery really slowly, so you can squeeze a ton of playtime out of two AA batteries.

That is really great to hear! I just bought my White CC Pro, after using a Wii Mote exclusively since I got the console in November. I'm very excited- haven't done a day one launch on the Wii ever, because I never had the system. This game shall be so grand!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Great article, agree with and echoed everything that I love about the game! Everyone looking forward to this game should read this article.

Zornica

Banned
Great article, agree with and echoed everything that I love about the game! Everyone looking forward to this game should read this article.

no, they shouldn't. It contains some spoilers and if they are already going to buy it, I wouldn't advice them to read this article. maybe after they've beaten the game.

Seik

Banned
I second the CCPro love. Used it mostly for this and Goldeneye, worked wonders in both cases

I used mine for Goldeneye and Monster Hunter Tri. MHTri with the CCpro for 25$ was a great deal I'll never regret. Works like a charm on Xenoblade, its perfect for watching all those enormous environments. :D

Socreges

Banned
What are the advantages of the CCPro over the remote+nunchuk for Xenoblade?

Stupid that we can't use the GC controllers with games like these.

Top Bottom