• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

cyress8

Banned
zlCfzTS3SsAkZxV-hz

welp, I know what I am making when I get this game home
I see the neogaf logo on her left boob. Some one make her shirt orange and black

What's with so many of the avatars having random strands of hair sticking out at weird angles? My OCD makes me just want to snip them... and they aren't even proper anime-styled spikes, either; they just look like the character forgot to comb properly...

Neiteio

What's with so many of the avatars having random strands of hair sticking out at weird angles? My OCD makes me just want to snip them... and they aren't even proper anime-styled spikes, either; they just look like the character forgot to comb properly...
Oh man, now that you've pointed that out, it's really annoying me, lol

Not usually OCD about stuff like this, but the hair sticking out is too much

john tv

Oh man, now that you've pointed that out, it's really annoying me, lol

Not usually OCD about stuff like this, but the hair sticking out is too much
That's an option, actually. You can remove it if you like.

The character creation stuff is pretty nice. User-friendly options like showing the old and new colors of things side by side, or letting you change head and facial hair color together or independently...handy stuff.

sfried

Can somebody now confirm if the game really was "downgraded" or if its just daytime/nightime lighting?

The screens look so damn amazing.

TheMoon

Can somebody now confirm if the game really was "downgraded" or if its just daytime/nightime lighting?

The screens look so damn amazing.

The game wasn't downgraded. This never needed confirming. We have seen a ton of graphical improvements in the various trailers already.

Neiteio

The character creation stuff is pretty nice. User-friendly options like showing the old and new colors of things side by side, or letting you change head and facial hair color together or independently...handy stuff.
Oh, very cool. No worries then. :)

chadboban

That's great to hear! I know I've said a million times that I can't wait for this but dammit this is probably going to be the toughest wait I've ever had for a game.

I hope all importers and Japanese players have a good time with it :)

TheMoon

That's great to hear! I know I've said a million times that I can't wait for this but dammit this is probably going to be the toughest wait I've ever had for a game.

I hope all importers and Japanese players have a good time with it :)

I'm far more relaxed about this. The wait time between the JP and Western release will be comparatively short. Europeans and Australians had to wait a year for Xenoblade and NA obviously even another 9 months more while suffering the uncertainty and fear that it might never even come at all. We'll get this within the next six months and we know it is 100% coming so I'm cool.

Varion

Boob slider? can I make a flat girl? (serious question)
Don't think so. This is height and bust both at 0:
http://abload.de/img/clipboard030huks.jpg

I wish the default expression was a bit more relaxed, the contrast between cute voice and deathly serious facial expression is kind of silly. Kind of want to mess around with the character creation again because her face doesn't look quite as good as it did in that up close, but I don't want to restart when I'm on Chapter 2 already. Here's hoping that quest isn't too late in the game.

Penguin

One question

For like the team-up quests/monsters, are you paired with 3 random people or can you partner up with actual friends?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yay, thread!

I pre-purchased and downloaded it from the eShop last night, so I'm hoping it will be good to go by the time I get home tonight! Super excited.

B.K.

hahaha I had a feeling Takahashi was going to start using the XG timeline again for this

I don't understand why people keep saying this and keep grasping at straws trying to connect the story to Xenogears and Xenosaga. The destruction of Earth isn't a plot point that Takahashi invented. It's a very common sci-fi trope and we know he's a big sci-fi fan.

I don't understand why people keep saying this and keep grasping at straws trying to connect the story to Xenogears and Xenosaga. The destruction of Earth isn't a plot point that Takahashi invented. It's a very common sci-fi trope and we know he's a big sci-fi fan.

you're expecting a fanbase NOT to jump to conclusions? pfft

:p

No time to read the rest of the topic MY DOWNLOAD IS FINISHED. NNID should be 'Gessenkou' if anyone wants to do whatever. Also I'm putting together informations and stuff as detailed here, if anyone here wants to help(you can PM me here about it if you don't GFAQs).

No time to read the rest of the topic MY DOWNLOAD IS FINISHED. NNID should be 'Gessenkou' if anyone wants to do whatever. Also I'm putting together informations and stuff as detailed here, if anyone here wants to help(you can PM me here about it if you don't GFAQs).

I'll PM you both here and on GameFAQs, does that work? :p

Don't think so. This is height and bust both at 0:
http://abload.de/img/clipboard030huks.jpg

I wish the default expression was a bit more relaxed, the contrast between cute voice and deathly serious facial expression is kind of silly. Kind of want to mess around with the character creation again because her face doesn't look quite as good as it did in that up close, but I don't want to restart when I'm on Chapter 2 already. Here's hoping that quest isn't too late in the game.

:(

Thanks for the answer.

chadboban

Congrats man. After all your hard work I'm glad you're finally getting to play this game. Did iyakku get it as well?

Chaos17

If you could translate at some point the controls of the game, that would be great ^^
Enjoy the game!

Coolwhip

Banned
I know you dont want to hear it but during the character creation screen I got shivers how creepy the females look. Is it possible to make a female that doesnt look like a doll from a horror movie?

I know you dont want to hear it but during the character creation screen I got shivers how creepy the females look. Is it possible to make a female that doesnt look like a doll from a horror movie?

I can't help but look at your avatar and see you can create exactly that in the same screen you are complaining about

Chaos17

The most popual stream is lagging for me so I gotta switch to gameexmplain.

Max is a cool guy mainly known for hype vids and some guides for capcom fighters in the FGC.

He is also a Gaffer, although I haven't seen him on here in a while.
Thanks for the info :)

Popular guy from the fighting game community that started a more general LP channel with a friend of his. They put an announcement up about this lp a few days ago asking for a few japanese translators.

Cool to see more people from different genres trying this game :)

spekkeh

Banned
IWATA: "Takahashi-san, tell us the 'Riki potato' story you told me at the water cooler the other day."

TAKAHASHI: "Water cooler? We work in separate buildings."

IWATA: "Shush, Takahashi-san." (laughs nervously)

TAKAHASHI: "Do you even have a water cooler here? Do you even drink water? Come to think of it, I've never seen you eat or drink, or use the facilities." 1

1 Takahashi is insinuating Iwata is an android. 2

2 Androids are synthetic constructs meant to resemble humans.

IWATA: (nervous laughter intensifies)

TAKAHASHI: "At any rate, during the development of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, for Wii, I found myself lusting over the character Riki."

IWATA: "Riki?! The Nopon?! How strangely erotic."

TAKAHASHI: "Wait, I don't mean it in a DeviantArt sort of way. 3 I mean I hungered for Riki. I wanted to eat him!"

3 DeviantArt is a collection of crudely-drawn Sonic fan art

IWATA: "Eat Riki?! What would he taste like?!"

TAKAHASHI: "His ovular shape makes me think he might taste like potatoes."

IWATA: "Aonuma-san and I were discussing this the other day. He thinks Riki would taste more like a mango."

TAKAHASHI: "I don't very much care for mangos. At any rate, the concept of Riki tasting like potatoes was intriguing to me. Unfortunately, as this revelation occurred to me as the first Xenoblade was about finished, we were unable to properly express this concept in the narrative of the game."

IWATA: "I see. Every game has a schedule, and sometimes the conclusion of a game's development means that certain concepts such as potato-tasting characters go unexpressed."

TAKAHASHI: "Exactly. I felt like an abandoned lover, reaching out helplessly from the platform as the train carrying my soulmate disappeared down the bend."

IWATA: "That feeling, the feeling of one's lover disappearing from sight as their train leaves the station, is a rough feeling indeed."

TAKAHASHI: "That's right. So I knew I would need to create another game to express the concept of Riki as a potato. That led to the character of Tatsu, and was the starting point of Xenoblade Chronicles X."

IWATA: "Incredible!" (laughs)

TAKAHASHI: "I hope players look forward to meeting this potato-like Nopon. I will shed tears of joy if I hear them saying how much they wanted to eat him."
miyamoto_laughs_2lxp3x.gif

MrPanic

These streams do make me realize I could never enjoy a game I can't read, no importing for me. They better hurry with that localization.

TheMoon

Gessenkou is not your NNID :(

You don't come up in the search on Miiverse.

Top Bottom