• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0. 1/24/17 Less than a month to go. Let's make a difference.

Milennia

You know Ive always been into Japanese crime action goofy types of movies etc so it's weird I never gave this series a go, will probably jump in with this one

eugene3yakuza.png

I got u fam.

taraeugene1.gif

I downloaded and played the Yakuza 6 demo from the Japanese PS Store and I really love the gameplay! Can't wait to start and play my first Yakuza game forreal on Tuesday. I can't stop looking the series up and I think I will love it. :D

Also, can I have one of them avatars?
nCb9PtWHg.png

Well he did do a video just a couple of weeks back about large open world games with nothing to do in them, so hopefully the fact that Yakuza has a smaller "open world" with tons to do is a plus point to him.
Yeah, and he seems to be a Nintendo fan (at least a fan of their older NES/SNES games) so he might be able to understand the series better than your average gamer.

StereoVsn

On the mobile, can someone spiff up my Avatar? I imported Zero and love it but going to play through in English for much better understanding of the story/side quests.

Reviews come out tomorrow, correct?

i dunno if i would pay attention to reviews about a game like this. they might not give a clear picture like they do with heavyweight AAA games.

what i mean by that is take a game like digimon story cyber sleuth, got like a 70 something on metacritic but...i think that is because it was reviewed with all the AAA expectations, but it's not the type of game that most AAAs are. same with yakuza

Menitta

Yup, 9am PT if I recall correctly.

Yes
Just finished writing mine yesterday.

Excellent! I haven't been excited for reviews of a game in a long time.

i dunno if i would pay attention to reviews about a game like this. they might not give a clear picture like they do with heavyweight AAA games.

what i mean by that is take a game like digimon story cyber sleuth, got like a 70 something on metacritic but...i think that is because it was reviewed with all the AAA expectations, but it's not the type of game that most AAAs are. same with yakuza

Of course that's always something to be mindful of. Yakuza is niche for a reason. My excitement mostly stems from curiosity of how it's seen in the west. In addition Yakuza 5 did pretty well all things considered and 0 seems to be better in almost every way so I'm also curious to how it'll score in comparison.

Of course that's always something to be mindful of. Yakuza is niche for a reason. My excitement mostly stems from curiosity of how it's seen in the west. In addition Yakuza 5 did pretty well all things considered and 0 seems to be better in almost every way so I'm also curious to how it'll score in comparison.

ffs15 and the series in general is a big seller in the west and its a single player rpg same as yakuza, so i wish it'd get some of the same type of attention but it never fuckin does

Past

ffs15 and the series in general is a big seller in the west and its a single player rpg same as yakuza, so i wish it'd get some of the same type of attention but it never fuckin does

The major complaints I see from YouTube comments and Twitch chat are always about the graphics and lack of voice acting outside of the story. It seems like they fix that with Yakuza 6 as almost everything is voiced from what I've seen and the game had a major graphical upgrade.

MYeager

I love that you do not have to grind for money.

A simple encounter gives tons of money.
The limited inventory does not let it mess the gameplay balance.

At first it felt like the game was broken. But then you realize this is how games should be designed.

Not at first but the additional techniques cost a ton of money, inti the hundreds of millions of yen. The management games help that but it can take some time still to build that up

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
If the reviews are gonna be mostly negative tomorrow I'll seriously need some lotion on my ass, cuuz it's gonna be on fire. :p

I better stock up.

There will be people who don't like the game for one reason or another. But I think in general it will be well received.

Tailzo

The major complaints I see from YouTube comments and Twitch chat are always about the graphics and lack of voice acting outside of the story. It seems like they fix that with Yakuza 6 as almost everything is voiced from what I've seen and the game had a major graphical upgrade.

I do love 60fps though.

Menitta

Am I crazy for thinking Yakuza 0 visually looks really really good? The colors, the amount of detail around the cities, whenever there's a liquid on screen, all look fantastic.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Am I crazy for thinking Yakuza 0 visually looks really really good? The colors, the amount of detail around the cities, whenever there's a liquid on screen, all look fantastic.

It's art style looks amazing to as do some of the textures. People are just weird with this stuff

are side missions tied to chapters? Or can you do them whenever you want? In other words: Can you miss side quests?

Haven't played the game myself so I can't fully say but there have been side quests in many of the other games in the series that were chapter dependent so yes, I believe it's highly likely that there are quests like that in this game too.

RiverKwai

I think there's also been a few side quests tied to the outcome of other side quests. So there may be some skippable stuff that way too.

are side missions tied to chapters? Or can you do them whenever you want? In other words: Can you miss side quests?

No missable side quests, that's not been a thing since Yakuza 3 thankfully. Worst case scenario is if you finish the game before completing all of them you can just finish them off in Premium Adventure mode. Some side missions don't unlock immediately though (certain ones unlock in later chapters) so its not as if you have access to all of them straight from the start.

No missable side quests, that's not been a thing since Yakuza 3 thankfully. Worst case scenario is if you finish the game before completing all of them you can just finish them off in Premium Adventure mode. Some side missions don't unlock immediately though (certain ones unlock in later chapters) so its not as if you have access to all of them straight from the start.

Thanks, sounds good :)

Levito

Banned
The review embargo is up tomorrow at 9am PST. I'm just fucking itching to post my review, game just makes you wanna shout.

Top Bottom