• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Started Chapter 13. I thought it was going down before. Now it's really, really going down.

Also (chapter 10)
how the hell didn't Sagawa die at the end of chapter 8? Die you crusty old fuck

Japanese people don't know how to use guns so people in Yakuza hardly ever die because they were shot.

Yakuza games tend to follow the
"The Walking Dead"
system when it comes to character deaths.

If a character didn't die on screen with a big deal made of it, they're not dead.

That's Mack-desu.

Gary "Buster" Holmes was in Yakuza 1 (and 2?)

He was also in one of the ps3 games, maybe yakuza 3.

Gary appears in Yakuza 1 and 2 as an arena boss (I love his reappearance in 2). I don't remember him showing up in 3, I do know he has a side mission in 4
People think Kamuracho Hills is haunted as they are hearing strange sounds at night, its actually him working on the building site!

Gary appears in Yakuza 1 and 2 as an arena boss (I love his reappearance in 2). I don't remember him showing up in 3, I do know he has a side mission in 4
People think Kamuracho Hills is haunted as they are hearing strange sounds at night, its actually him working on the building site!

Ahhh yes, that Y4 mission was what I was thinking of. Man that came out of freaking nowhere that mission lol.

Freddo

Finally got the Cat Scratch Fever trophy, that was rather boring to go for. Now I just have to do the Climax Battles too and then I can start my Legend playthru and Platinum the game.

GeeTeeCee

I finshed the Cabaret club story chain today, following the real estate stuff yesterday.

Holy crap there's actually a small chance I may see the end of the game before the end of the month

Or I could just keep playing Outrun over and over again. That's a good option too.

Teb-Tengri

Neo Member
Someone please help! I have been playing cabaret for the last 4 days. Time to save the game :).

Glad to see the thread getting so huge and reading comments from people that just get into Yakuza!

Question: there is a heat action for Majima that has you hold R1 + triangle when attcked with all 3 heat and I cant seem to trigger it. All he does is chokes the dude from behind. I read here that there is some error with the button but i tried everything from pressing and holdinng the R stick to sidestepping and pressing triangle....

Someone please help! I have been playing cabaret for the last 4 days. Time to save the game :).

Glad to see the thread getting so huge and reading comments from people that just get into Yakuza!

Question: there is a heat action for Majima that has you hold R1 + triangle when attcked with all 3 heat and I cant seem to trigger it. All he does is chokes the dude from behind. I read here that there is some error with the button but i tried everything from pressing and holdinng the R stick to sidestepping and pressing triangle....
There are two heat moves with 3 people involved for Majima that I can think of. One of them is tied to Breaker style and the other is for
Mad Dog style.

I don't think there is any for Thug style.

Finally got the Cat Scratch Fever trophy, that was rather boring to go for. Now I just have to do the Climax Battles too and then I can start my Legend playthru and Platinum the game.

Ive been playing the Cat fights too and I think its the worst minigame in the entire game. Its just boring and not fun.

I do cat fights one match at a time. I've gotten pretty good at choosing the right girl and winning but I can't do sustained runs at it. I should be getting the trophy soon though.

Ive been playing the Cat fights too and I think its the worst minigame in the entire game. Its just boring and not fun.

It's not great, but I'd rather play it any day over the batting cages or Mahjong.

What they should've done with JCC is let you buy a stake in a fighter, then help train her and keep her happy as she fights her way to the top.

NZerker12

After this game I moved on to Yakuza 4 and damn Kiryu is a beast in this he feels a lot stronger than the other
playable characters. Its also interesting to see where a lot of his moves in the 3 styles in this come from.

Teb-Tengri

Neo Member
There are two heat moves with 3 people involved for Majima that I can think of. One of them is tied to Breaker style and the other is for
Mad Dog style.

I don't think there is any for Thug style.

There is one on the left side i think its the red dot for thug style.

Also would you be kind and add supporter tag to my avatar?

There is one on the left side i think its the red dot for thug style.

Also would you be kind and add supporter tag to my avatar?
Aren't the red dots just buffs? I thought only blue dots were for new moves.

As for avatar, here you go:
CHJ0PMzhL.png

Finally finished the Real Estate Royale side game. Marina is amazing.
Now go watch her video :p

xclk07

Any tips for Proving Grounds #8 on the Climax battles? Even if I don't get hit, my HP drops too fast for me to finish off the 4th round,

JJShadow

Finally came back to this after finishing Nioh, feels so good to be back in Kamurocho! Now I have to wrap up the main story before Horizon arrives next week. Just finished chapters 11 and 12 and
I really hope Nishitani is not dead :( He went from being an asshole to becoming one of my favourite characters in the game after the jail scene

J4g3r

I'm on chapter 10; planning on unlocking Kiryu's Legend fighting style before progressing the story like I did for Majima before switching back to Kiryu.

One down.

PXr8Q56.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Anyone got a list of characters that cameo in this game from other games?

I found:

Daigo as a bratty little kid, amazing
Shinji, Kaz's underling from the first game as a Yakuza hunting biker

That was it aside from the obvious story important characters like Nishiki and Reina. I heard
the villain from Yakuza 2 is in this somewhere
too.

I found:

That was it aside from the obvious story important characters like Nishiki and Reina. I heard
too.

Yes,
Ryuji Goda, as a kid, the quest is named Rise of the Dragon, it is a quest with Majima, also with Kazuma the fortune teller quest.

I found:

too.

He shows up twice in two different side quests, one for Majima and one for Kazuma.

Other characters that are in later entries (just as a warning, I am listing characters that are in 0 in the main story that also appear in later entries here and which entry particularly they appear in, so don't click if you haven't played through 0 already and also played 1 and 2):

Shimano is a very important character in Yakuza 1. Same goes for Kazama (Fuma), Reina and Nishiki. Sohei Dojima also appears briefly in 1 and Sera too. One of the trainers, Sotaro Komaki later appears in 3, 4 and 5.

So yeah, quite a few members of the 0 cast appear in other entries.

xezuru

All I can remember at top of my head.

Y1
Shinji
Reina
Amons

Y2
Ryuji Goda
Daigo

Y3
Weapon seller from Y3?-> is the fat kid in north pole weapon search (Tiger and Dragon's apprentice he mentions)
Komaki
Y5
Ogita

All I can remember at top of my head.

Y1
Shinji
Reina
Amons

Y2
Ryuji Goda
Daigo

Y3
Weapon seller from Y3?-> is the fat kid in north pole weapon search (Tiger and Dragon's apprentice he mentions)
Komaki
Y5
Ogita

Slight corrections:

Komaki first appears in Yakuza 1, not 3. He's been in almost every game in the entire series.
Also, only 1 Amon appears in Yakuza 1 - Jo Amon.

Is it possible to get the Encounter Finder for Kiryu even if you chose the wrong box in substory 23?
Not including swapping items with Majima

Is it just me or do the chapters get shorter as you progress towards the end? Im on Ch 10.

I'm on Chapter 10 but they've been getting longer for me since I've been so busy with the side content. :p

Megasoum

Banned
Yay, just finished Chapter 10 (that twist!)

I want to try to finish the game before Horizon on Tuesday... Weird feeling to enjoying a game so much but yet still want it to end lol

Just beat. This game was masterful. One of my favourite games ever
The story was top tier. The last few chapters were amazing.

The lost credit sequence was cool.

I love that
majima's became more like Nishitani

hamsjams

OutRun is infuriating. Way too many of my attempts are ruined by the road being totally blockaded with traffic. I'm talking 3 cars side by side on a narrow path with a truck just in front and obstacles to either flank. Either I crash in a desperate attempt to break through, or I slow down to a crawl to avoid rear-ending them and run out of time before the next checkpoint. What do you want from me game!?

Top Bottom