• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

I also wanna mention that I love the fact that all the license plates & shit in this game are just XOXO.

Any particular reason Sony did that?

Does anyone know why hostesses go absent for the cabaret club?

Their mood is low from overwork and they need a break from it for a day. Basically just rotate your selection of girls once you see them start getting the green(neutral) or lower mood. Once they have a break, they'll be pink(happy) again and will be able to work again.

ar4757

I'm on chapter 10; planning on unlocking Kiryu's Legend fighting style before progressing the story like I did for Majima before switching back to Kiryu.

One down.

PXr8Q56.gif

how do you do that? or is it in a specific fight

Their mood is low from overwork and they need a break from it for a day. Basically just rotate your selection of girls once you see them start getting the green(neutral) or lower mood. Once they have a break, they'll be pink(happy) again and will be able to work again.

One additional tip - before doing a rival battle, I would always do one night going for Mae's customers with all bronze hostesses. That way my best team of 8 would be going into the battle fully rested.

IcyStorm

Because seeing bars fill up and numbers go up is surprisingly addicting. Also Kiryu's voice samples never get old.

Either due to low HP from a previous run or if you overwork them.

It feels like I'm stuck in Limbo. Every time I say "OK this is my last run and then I'll continue the story" but I keep going back to the office ;-;

Probably. I love those bars.

One additional tip - before doing a rival battle, I would always do one night going for Mae's customers with all bronze hostesses. That way my best team of 8 would be going into the battle fully rested.

Ooh, thanks for the tips. I guess the Jupiter battle completely wiped out one of them.

xclk07

Can anyone good with Breaker style help me out? Short question: is there a way to maximize heat increase from the pose break in the Square 3x, Triangle combo? It seems as though if you pause for a bit and then continue the attack OR if you continue the attack right away, your heat increases, but then goes down a bit.

Long question: fighting melee 6 and hating it (esp. b/c it's the last one before the ultimates unlock). It feels like it's complete random chance principally based on how often the swordsman attack you and interrupt your combos. It seems the other key to it is always having high heat and thus greater damage output, that's why I'm trying to figure the above out.

Can anyone good with Breaker style help me out? Short question: is there a way to maximize heat increase from the pose break in the Square 3x, Triangle combo? It seems as though if you pause for a bit and then continue the attack OR if you continue the attack right away, your heat increases, but then goes down a bit.

Long question: fighting melee 6 and hating it (esp. b/c it's the last one before the ultimates unlock). It feels like it's complete random chance principally based on how often the swordsman attack you and interrupt your combos. It seems the other key to it is always having high heat and thus greater damage output, that's why I'm trying to figure the above out.

In my experience, pausing briefly to pose instead of continuing right away uses less heat and regains more heat, and you lose more heat if your follow up attack doesn't connect.. IIRC there's a node on the sphere grid that grants you more heat for posing.

Guys, in approximately one month we just reached 190 pages! For comparison DMC4SE's thread is 189 pages and that one is 1.5 years old. And we've been using that as DMC Community thread for the longest time.

So this is a truly amazing milestone for Yakuza-GAF!

D51N2BM5F.gif

IzzyF3

Do the chapters get shorter? I'm on chapter 6 with 20 hours in and I can't imagine 15+ chapters more.

I'm at chapter 5 at 26 hours. It's kind of bad of me, but as much as I love this game, and I friggin do, I want to finish it before Zelda comes out.

That's a good idea. But I went into my first rival battle with eight purple hostesses and the next day one of them was absent. So I'm not sure it really matters.

I'm at chapter 5 at 26 hours. It's kind of bad of me, but as much as I love this game, and I friggin do, I want to finish it before Zelda comes out.

It's unfortunate that Y0 came out in such a busy time, as Yakuza 0 is a feast and some people are trying to eat it like fast food. If you skip all the side content, you have a good chance of finishing before Zelda arrives, but you'll be cheating yourself out of a big part of the Yakuza experience if you do.

AngryMoth

Can't understand why I'm only at 98% for the leisure district despite having everything at S. Also, lost at outrun to the electronics guy, but can't tell if I actually lost a business or if my share percent just went down? Forgot how many businesses I had before that battle

Can't understand why I'm only at 98% for the leisure district despite having everything at S. Also, lost at outrun to the electronics guy, but can't tell if I actually lost a business or if my share percent just went down? Forgot how many businesses I had before that battle

Losing a battle just knocks down your share percentage, you don't lose a business. The share percentage seems to be a measure of the percentage of revenue your businesses are taking in the district.

It's only share percentage.

omgkitty

What's the deal with the Dream Machines? Can they only be used once or something? There are several machines that won't let me buy anything, and once I use one, it won't let me buy again. I also run across some I haven't used that won't let me buy anything.

What's the deal with the Dream Machines? Can they only be used once or something? There are several machines that won't let me buy anything, and once I use one, it won't let me buy again. I also run across some I haven't used that won't let me buy anything.

The inventory and type rotates. You can use once but then you have to find another one or come back later.

JJShadow

Just went from Chapter 12 to 16 in one sitting and I'm like this right now

giphy.gif

Just started the Finale but I'm gonna take a break till tomorrow, shit is getting too intense

Just went from Chapter 12 to 16 in one sitting and I'm like this right now

giphy.gif

Just started the Finale but I'm gonna take a break till tomorrow, shit is getting too intense

Hahaha dang you went though all of those in one go? Nice. Those later chapters just makes you want to rush into the story since every chapter ending keeps making you want more. Be sure to have plenty of time tomorrow for the last chapter though, it's the longest one yet at maybe over 2 hours or more. :)

Wireframe

Man 2 could really do with a remake, I'm forcing myself through it for the story but imagining it with zeros graphics hnnnng.

JJShadow

Hahaha dang you went though all of those in one go? Nice. Those later chapters just makes you want to rush into the story since every chapter ending keeps making you want more. Be sure to have plenty of time tomorrow for the last chapter though, it's the longest one yet at maybe over 2 hours or more. :)

I only had the intention to finish a couple of them but I just couldn't take a break, things got so crazy and intense I needed to know what would happen in the next chapter haha And yeah, I already have planned a 3-hours session to finish it tomorrow afternoon, I don't know how this game could surprise me anymore, but I'm sure it'll manage to do it

Guys, in approximately one month we just reached 190 pages! For comparison DMC4SE's thread is 189 pages and that one is 1.5 years old. And we've been using that as DMC Community thread for the longest time.

The amount of energy surrounding this game is amazing, and I'm glad to have entered Yakuza Gaf

Mikhal

I'm on the finale, will the game let me go back and do side content if I complete it?

After you beat the game you can create a cleared game save and load that up in Premium Adventure Mode where you can pick up where you left off without having to deal with story. You can also use the make new clear data in this mode if you want to carry over progress to New Game + (aside from legendary difficulty)

Kimaka

Chapter 13: Whew, that was quite a ride.

I'm so relieved it was Oda. My heart wouldn't be able to take Tachibana being that horrible. He is still a mafia guy, but he is still a somewhat decent person compared to every other Yakuza not named Kiryu or Majima.

cEGKu5V.gif

Oda is still a piece of shit tho.

Shoeless

So I just finished up the Cabaret Battle storyline and I'm on Chapter 11 (I think) with Horizon: Zero Dawn unlocking tomorrow night at midnight. Can I wrap this game up in time to start on HZD?

Are you sure you have no other leisure businesses to buy? Check the list of businesses from the main menu under the Business section, each area will have the full list of available businesses. This happened to me and it turned out I still had to get the Poppo around the corner from Kiryu's office, I think.

I don't think it's possible to lock yourself out of 100% for an area even if you lost the battle bet with that area's king at 60% (that happened to me in Electronics and I got 100% no problem) so double-check that you bought all the properties first.

I'm so relieved it was Oda. My heart wouldn't be able to take Tachibana being that horrible. He is still a mafia guy, but he is still a somewhat decent person compared to every other Yakuza not named Kiryu or Majima.

cEGKu5V.gif

Man,
fuck Oda. Even sold out Tachibana too. What a dick!

mileS

Finished up the real estate game today. Media King was probably the hardest fight yet.

Wish the move list for the 4th style was layed out the same way in the ability grid. Been harder to get a feel for what I can do.

megalowho

Finished this today, my intro to the series. Came for the goofy charm and slice of life Japan ambiance, did not expect such an affecting, well told story alongside. Sucked me in from the beginning and kept getting better, from the acting and writing to the direction and presentation. Strong characterization, slow burn mystery, hype encounters and emotional notes that are earned. Still fresh but that felt legitimately great as far as AAA storytelling goes.

Solid brawler gameplay on top, never too difficult but satisfying. Got seriously sidetracked building real estate and cabaret club empires, Fortune King you next. 70+ hours and looking forward to heading back for more. Awesome game.

How do I unlock more of Tatsu's missions? I've done all the training plus I have all the adjacent to locked nodes in the Beast style

Check to see if there's a "More Training" (or something like that) option in the menu.

As for the moves themselves, you need to take the Jobs she offers.

Aki-at

It's not really that amazing when you consider 100 pages of that is just people telling other people to unequip Charismatic Autobiography!

(Finally Yakuza is no longer bomba niche but just niche!)

cEGKu5V.gif

i don't know why kiryu and tachibana feel
sympathy hearing about oda's death, after kiryu learns what he did and then tachibana. they should both especially tachi be hating the fuck outta him even if he's dead

DC1

So I just finished up the Cabaret Battle storyline and I'm on Chapter 11 (I think) with Horizon: Zero Dawn unlocking tomorrow night at midnight. Can I wrap this game up in time to start on HZD?
The cut scenes alone will take you 13 hours 😉.

Enjoy every bit of the Yakuza Zero ride Shoeless. The Horizon is right around the corner.

Top Bottom