• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

qcf x2

It's automatic.
Automatic. If it doesn't install, it's probably because you don't have enough HDD space.

To uninstall, go to the game and press options and there is an option to delete.

Everyone lol

Well then I'm screwed. I deleted it, restarted the PS4, put the disc in and it started making worrying noises as it got to the opening sequence, then crashed (disc error) again. I'd try another disc to see if it's the drive but I think the only other disc game I have is already installed on there.

shandy706

Crap...heading to bed. Just realized I forgot to sync my trophies. I wish trophies would sync automatically.

Anyway off to bed, look forward to playing this again tomorrow!

Edit* Does the game go full open world after a bit? Was thinking that as I was playing.

Crap...heading to bed. Just realized I forgot to sync my trophies. I wish trophies would sync automatically.

Anyway off to bed, look forward to playing this again tomorrow!

Edit* Does the game go full open world after a bit? Was thinking that as I was playing.

What do you mean by full open world? After a couple of chapters all the play spots will open up and any barriers (that are put up in the first chapters) are removed, but you do only have a fairly modest area to explore (its way smaller than your traditional open world game, but with way more to do).

bronk

Banned
ead09735cc82c9e4693f1b448252fd4f.jpg

https://youtu.be/4sO7DulwSLU
Dude...Riki Takeuchi the man of a thousand grimaces is in this! Fuck yes! Loving this game.

As much as I like the localization overall, the decision to try to have the English subtitles exactly match the Japanese spoken dialogue by reversing the name order when both first and last name are spoken makes for some tortured lines.

Umm...I just started a random stream of this game and....what?
Bikini lady fighting?

https://www.twitch.tv/swiftor

That's the cat fighting mini game. The worst mini game in the entire game (or entire series to be honest) and horrible for completionists as it has the horrible "win 10 tournaments" trophy. Since the mini game is essentially 100% luck (and I swear the AI cheats) you could spend a significant amount of time getting nowhere on that mini game.

So did anyone else have their game shipped to them crushed up from Amazon? Fucking morons. They decided to ship it in an envelope mailer instead of a box. I got a $10 credit from them for their screw up, and I complained and left a feedback about their terrible packaging.

Hardvlade

It's my first Yakuza game, I figured it how bad could it be starting off on Hard? Got to the first real boss fight and I'm already regretting this decision. I cannot beat him, I get so close but always lose :(

I may start over and go to Normal, besides that, I'm having a blast with this game :D

Mentok

Banned
Damn EBGames damaged my pre-order edition by putting something heavy on the box. Had to go to another one where they luckily had one copy left. Can't wait to start playing!

It's my first Yakuza game, I figured it how bad could it be starting off on Hard? Got to the first real boss fight and I'm already regretting this decision. I cannot beat him, I get so close but always lose :(

I may start over and go to Normal, besides that, I'm having a blast with this game :D
No need to start over, you can change the difficulty from the pause menu.

Edgeward

I really like the change from exp to money controlling everything. Makes getting and spending money for items less of a hassle now and you can get abilities other ways than just running around for fights, potentially.

Regular enemies are pretty easy but when I fought the first boss
Kuze
I was having a bit of a rough time. Rush is supposed to be for one on one but I havent gotten it to be competent against bosses. Just doesn't break down defenses good enough yet

My copy just arrived, and I'm now at the the first ability upgrade.

And my dumb question is... How does this game save? Is it autosaved (and if so, when does it save? After every scene? Every battle?) , or there's save option in the menu, or there's designated save locations?

I want to turn off my PS4 :(

Hardvlade

My copy just arrived, and I'm now at the the first ability upgrade.

And my dumb question is... How does this game save? Is it autosaved (and if so, when does it save? After every scene? Every battle?) , or there's save option in the menu, or there's designated save locations?

I want to turn off my PS4 :(

Not sure if there is auto save but I've saved at the phone booths (marked by an S on the map)

Whoa the karaoke mini-games is a lot harder than I thought lol. It seems harder than Persona 4 DAN's normal difficulty :/

Edit: Thanks! So I need to find phone booth first to save, right?

x3sphere

Playing on a PS4 Pro, and while it runs great, I'm getting noticeable screen tearing. Anyone else notice this?

edit: Seems to have stopped once I got further in, just was noticing it in the opening area.

Fuckkkkk the story has exceeded my expectations. Just passed the first boss fight with Kazuma. The story is actually incredible. Like the beginning of the game feels like it could be the end to a game. Just so many twists and turns already. If this is Yakuza? Count me the fuck in.

Haven't met Majima yet but heard that his story is better than Kazuma? Don't know how thats possible but I'm fucking ready.

Also, when does the city open up for me to do the side quests?

Man these side missions are freaking great and hilarious. I'm starting to think United Front were big fans because they keep reminding me of the silly side missions in Sleeping Dogs. 5 hours in and I'm still in Chapter 2 just running around.

Ultimadrago

It's past midnight and I am having fun getting 3-Star in disco. For those who haven't tried it, you should. It's not hard and it even comes with its own Side Story.

You WILL notice me, Disco Queen!

Tunahead

So I started a social link with a sushi chef and the general gist of it is that he's not confident about his abilities so I have to bring him fresh fish so he can practice his craft and I get a free meal out of it. Luckily I've just unlocked the fishing spot!

...And the very first thing I fish up is fugu.

Thanks Yakuza. Thakuza.

Also, when does the city open up for me to do the side quests?

Follow the story until you have all three of Kiryu's fighting styles (near the start of Chapter 2) and at that point you should be able to go anywhere and a ton of sidequests will have opened up. It actually opens a bit earlier than that, but it's worth getting to that point for having all three of your styles and opening up the second fighting trainer plus fishing location.

aravuus

It's past midnight and I am having fun getting 3-Star in disco. For those who haven't tried it, you should. It's not hard and it even comes with its own Side Story.

You WILL notice me, Disco Queen!

I'm finding the disco stuff incredibly hard for some reason. I got 94+ points in all of the karaoke songs on first try so clearly I'm not a complete loser when it comes to reaction games, but there's just something about the disco that's fucking with my mind lol.

I'll get the 3 stars for the easy songs and maybe normal too, but unless the hard ones have some pretty amazing prizes, I'll probably leave it at that.

Seeing Kiryu dance his heart out is the second best thing right after Rooooouge of LOOOOOVE, though!

Ultimadrago

I'm finding the disco stuff incredibly hard for some reason. I got 94+ points in all of the karaoke songs on first try so clearly I'm not a complete loser when it comes to reaction games, but there's just something about the disco that's fucking with my mind lol.

I'll get the 3 stars for the easy songs and maybe normal too, but unless the hard ones have some pretty amazing prizes, I'll probably leave it at that.

Seeing Kiryu dance his heart out is the second best thing right after Rooooouge of LOOOOOVE, though!

Yeah, I think thr Queen of Passion one is my favorite. Just love that beat!

On the minigame. Yeah. The one thing that really screwed with me initally was the outlines of the beats themselves. They're thick and neon so 9/10 you will hit too early if you press when you think it's "On the line". You pretty much have to feel like its just inside the border of the square to confirm. That and the colors mixing, but that's all just a part of it. I'm glad the music games here are manageable in general though. They could have just as easily made them insufferable.

hbkdx12

Shit man, angry joe was right. There's a lot here that when taken individually feels like it should add up to a mediocre game but somehow it all works wonderfully.

I really like the substories. They're witcher 3 levels of good as far as side quests go. They all have heart and provide some nice character development for the quest giver

I also appreciate the games underhanded humor. The game is genuinely funny at times without trying to beat you over the head with it

I do hate the fact that they have so many different types of cutscenes with no real rhyme or reason. The pre rendered one should be for huge story moments. The in game one where they're talking should be used to help transition scenes within a mission and the one where it's in game but they're not talking should be for encounters in the world.

Top Bottom