• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Is there a trick to getting the beast mode training at the port done? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to make any money at all. Do I just need to put a ton of money into the skill tree first to be able to do enough damage?

Every single attack should be done with a box of money. Bigger boxes have more money and take priority.

Red Boxes have even more money and have even more priority so use them first. You can block the bullets by picking up a box and just regular blocking when they start firing.

Zemm

What's the use of the equipment slot? I can equip a gun, baseball bat, sword etc but I dunno if they actually do anything? I've not been able to use them in fights from what I can see. Does it just determine how much damage your fist fighting does?

What's the use of the equipment slot? I can equip a gun, baseball bat, sword etc but I dunno if they actually do anything? I've not been able to use them in fights from what I can see. Does it just determine how much damage your fist fighting does?

Press Down on the D-pad during combat to actually whip out the item :)

MAN I'm having a blast with this game. Just cleared Majima's first section and his breaker style just didn't click, but I love the slugger style! Looking forward to playing the baddest dude in the world again once I'm off work.

I farmed the Mr. Shakedown dudes as Majima and man, they hit a point where its like souls. Each hit does nothing and they can one shot you if you get hit with a big move.

OmegaDL50

Yakuza 4 was my introduction to the series, I bought Yakuza 5 on day one but didn't jive with me too much.

Started up 0 today and it's easily the most engaging title of the series I've played thus far.

I can't wait until Kiwami comes out. I guess I should go back and finish Yakuza 5 before the 6th game comes out though.

Probably will finish Yakuza 0, then try and finish Yakuza 5 in the interim waiting for Kiwami localization and then play Kiwami and 6 in subsequent order to be fully caught up.

I wonder if RnG Studio plans to do the Kiwami treatment for Yakuza 2, since from what I understand Yakuza 2 is the pinnacle for many of the series. Going back and playing the original on PS2 would feel off at this point so I hope they give Yakuza 2 the Kiwami treatment.

A really pointless question but is there really only 5 songs in the karaoke bar. Want more kiriyu dream performance other than depressed alcoholic and rockstar.

Hastati

Every single attack should be done with a box of money. Bigger boxes have more money and take priority.

Red Boxes have even more money and have even more priority so use them first. You can block the bullets by picking up a box and just regular blocking when they start firing.

Thanks. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong then, because even on the first 10k mission thing I use up all or most of the boxes and still don't pass. I'll try again a bit later.

Yeah, dem feels are real in that one. Most touching sidestory alongise the
UFO catcher girl one
so far, I'll end up crying with this game :(

The
UFO catcher
at least gets the best one liner I have found so far:
put up your fists so I can hurry up and beat the shit outta ya!

leng jai

Just finished the first chapter, story is engrossing so far. The one thing that I don't really like is how many different types of "cutscenes" there are that just seemingly interchange randomly between pre rendered/anime/dialog box style.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
out of stock on Amazon less than a week since launch.

bWDcyQW.jpg

kvn

Post man surprised me with my copy today, weekend saved. Could not stop playing and just played the
substory with the filming at the restaurant
. Deliberately did everything wrong... I'M CRYING

Ultimadrago

I was just thinking how much better a time I am having interacting in this world and completing its content versus Final Fantasy XV that was so bare and miserable in comparison despite having a larger scale. Scope be damned; Yakuza 0 does a much better job displaying an environment where people gather and communicate!

andymcc

Banned
I got mine at GameStop at launch without preorder-- impulse buy because Sega and retro sega cabs. The only game in the series I've ever completed was the original when it came out.

This game is incredible. I can't stop thinking about it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
This
Real Estate
stuff is so addictive. I'm now earning 500 million yen everytime and still got a bit of a way to go. Majimas gonna have loads of money to transfer to him by the time I'm done :p

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Or, perhaps they didn't know how well it would do and sold it as a limited run physically... similar to Gravity Rush Remastered?

Just reached chapter 11...

My thoughts:
Someone hold me, Lee dying, Makoto being taken away from Majima, Majima being tortured by Sagawa...I'm curious to see if Kiryu meets Majima since he's headed to Sotenbori now (assuming they haven't already, which I'm guessing they haven't given the time line of when this takes place but you never know). I still don't trust Tachibana either.

"...I did it for the trophy"

Yeah, that's it. Absolutly.
Oh yeah, uh...totally, you know it! :D

B-Dex

Just reached chapter 11...

My thoughts:
Someone hold me, Lee dying, Makoto being taken away from Majima, Majima being tortured by Sagawa...I'm curious to see if Kiryu meets Majima since he's headed to Sotenbori now (assuming they haven't already, which I'm guessing they haven't). I still don't trust Tachibana either.

I was not amused.

Top Bottom