• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

You played thru 6?

Yeah. Well, about 80% through and saw the rest on YouTube after being spoiled by some asshat. I've spent about ~30 hours with it. I liked it ok, but it just didn't seem as "fun". You know how previous games had that sense of not taking itself too seriously and had a good balance of crime drama narrative and silly optional content? Well, I just felt 6 leaned a bit too far on the broody side of the scale. It's still GOOD, don't get me wrong - but with a heavy emphasis on cutscenes and dialog, and not so much on the wacky side stuff. It's THERE, sorta, but definitely not as much. I don't know, it's just not one I'm going to go back to for a long time (after I play through the Western release of course) I enjoyed the combat and its mechanics, but couldn't help but feel the story needed a lot more work in its execution. Kamurocho, while looking great, was smaller than ever - and the other locale you visit felt WAY too small, personally.

It's nothing to do with a language barrier either. I knew what was going on just fine, and besides, I initially played Yakuza 0 and Ishin in Japanese and thoroughly enjoyed them. But Yakuza 6? Ehhh.

But as someone else said earlier - a not AS good Yakuza game is still a damn fine thing to play!

yes! so strange that it's one of the games i had to use a walkthrough with that remains my all-time favorite. excellent story/combat, & some very memorable sidequests. love the other games, including dead souls, but kenzan!'s on a whole other level! :) ...

Agreed. The side story with
the cow and "UFO" playing the theme from 2001 cracked me up. It'd be a crazy thing to do in a current setting Yakuza game, let alone one based so far in the past.

Peroroncino

Does this skill work or is it glitched?

16299692_1374059075989261_2194421817245086892_o.jpg

Because for the life of me I can't get it to work, I tried to pull it off on all HEAT levels, tried on different opponents that can grab you and nothing.

Brannon

Kept getting caught by Mr. Shakedown, so I just ended up spending all my money on abilities when the fight starts. Because I only have to lose 300 million yen once before I learn that lesson :mad:

Rymuth

Because for the life of me I can't get it to work, I tried to pull it off on all HEAT levels, tried on different opponents that can grab you and nothing.
How in the hell are you people making so much damn money?

Dawg

I don't know what the hell happened but I am only in chapter 2 amd street thugs suddenly became way harder. Men In Black are able to lock me in their combo chains and I can't do shit. Even regular goons are suddenly more difficult. I don't understand.

I'm using rush style on normal difficulty. It's even worse with brawler. They keep attacking me from all sides and I lose a lot of HP. I need to use HP items for a single fight. I was able to beat all these street plebs with ease yesterday...

Mupod

I don't know what the hell happened but I am only in chapter 2 amd street thugs suddenly became way harder. Men In Black are able to lock me in their combo chains and I can't do shit. Even regular goons are suddenly more difficult. I don't understand.

I'm using rush style on normal difficulty. It's even worse with brawler. They keep attacking me from all sides and I lose a lot of HP. I need to use HP items for a single fight. I was able to beat all these street plebs with ease yesterday...

The exact same thing happened to me and it turns out I had equipped an item that made enemies way more aggressive (Charismatic Autobiography).

Do you have a charismatic autobiography equipped by chance?

JJShadow

Have you equipped by any chance the Charismatic Autobiography? It makes enemies fight more aggresively

EDIT: beaten so hard for second day in a row

Dawg

The exact same thing happened to me and it turns out I had equipped an item that made enemies way more aggressive (Charismatic Autobiography).

Do you have a charismatic autobiography equipped by chance?

Have you equipped by any chance the Charismatic Autobiography? It makes enemies fight more aggresively

EDIT: beaten so hard for second day in a row

God fucking damnit.

Shock32

Game is downloading at the moment. I've Dabbled in yakuza 3 but got sidetracked. My next game is horizon at the end of February, this game should hold till then right?

Menitta

Yeah. Well, about 80% through and saw the rest on YouTube after being spoiled by some asshat. I've spent about ~30 hours with it. I liked it ok, but it just didn't seem as "fun". You know how previous games had that sense of not taking itself too seriously and had a good balance of crime drama narrative and silly optional content? Well, I just felt 6 leaned a bit too far on the broody side of the scale. It's still GOOD, don't get me wrong - but with a heavy emphasis on cutscenes and dialog, and not so much on the wacky side stuff. It's THERE, sorta, but definitely not as much. I don't know, it's just not one I'm going to go back to for a long time (after I play through the Western release of course) I enjoyed the combat and its mechanics, but couldn't help but feel the story needed a lot more work in its execution. Kamurocho, while looking great, was smaller than ever - and the other locale you visit felt WAY too small, personally.

It's nothing to do with a language barrier either. I knew what was going on just fine, and besides, I initially played Yakuza 0 and Ishin in Japanese and thoroughly enjoyed them. But Yakuza 6? Ehhh.

But as someone else said earlier - a not AS good Yakuza game is still a damn fine thing to play!

It's funny you say this because before Yakuza 6 came out I felt that way towards all the footage. It didn't seem to have that insane over the top feel to it. Bummer. Still gonna get it though. I'm kinda obligated to support this series lol.

AEREC

Same happened to me as well, but I thought the game just upped the difficulty since I got the Beast Style. After I stopped playing I remembered that I equipped that book that makes people more aggressive.

Agreed. The side story with
the cow and "UFO" playing the theme from 2001 cracked me up. It'd be a crazy thing to do in a current setting Yakuza game, let alone one based so far in the past.

the truth? was gonna post a link to a youtube of that mission, & couldn't find one! :( ...

xviper

how am i supposed to earn something like 1,000,000,000 Yen ?

what are the best ways to earn money ? without glitches

xclk07

Where does one get the Charismatic Autobiography? I thought I've completed all the side quests up to Ch. 6, but maybe I'm missing something.

xezuru

how am i supposed to earn something like 1,000,000,000 Yen ?

what are the best ways to earn money ? without glitches

Story gains you access to money making activities, club hosting and real estate, long term investment in these give you like 1 billion per cycle.

Ultimadrago

Where does one get the Charismatic Autobiography? I thought I've completed all the side quests up to Ch. 6, but maybe I'm missing something.

The Yanki sidequest gives it to you. I forgot exactly where you flag it though. I think in front of the movie theatre for Kiryu? Not sure fo Majima.

Rymuth

OH SHIT. I just realized the guy from Kiryu's dancing substories is the guy who
teaches Haruka in Y5
Better yet - the guy from Kiryu's radio show is the announcer for the Idol Competition.

'Shooowww tiiiiime'

I remember him because I hated his voice so much.

SephLuis

It says 1st heat, which means only works when you have no head bars filled.

You have to be grabbed and press O.

i heard alot about Binary Domain i haven't checked it out yet but probably will after i'm done with 0.

Do that. Binary Domain is the game that made me finally decide to fuck it and jump into the series with Yakuza 4 when before I'd always felt like I missed the train on this.

The game had no right being as good as it was, after the horrible trailers and promotional stuff.

Peroroncino

It says 1st heat, which means only works when you have no head bars filled.

You have to be grabbed and press O.

I know, but it just doesn't work for me. There's also a matter of glitched reversal description in Thug style, it says press R1 + Triangle when attacked on 3rd heat bar, when in fact you need to press circle.

DarkStream

I'm at Chapter 11 currently. 55 hours. Very impressive, nowadays no game really holds my attention this long.

Question:

How long until I reach the end? I'm asking because I just enjoy the game and story so much. It's like when you see your new favorite book only has a couple chapters left. I'm talking about main story, no side quests here.

Zalman

I'm at Chapter 11 currently. 55 hours. Very impressive, nowadays no game really holds my attention this long.

Question:

How long until I reach the end? I'm asking because I just enjoy the game and story so much. It's like when you see your new favorite book only has a couple chapters left. I'm talking about main story, no side quests here.
You still have ways to go. The game has
chapters. (Spoilered in case people don't want to know.)

protonion

Done with leisure king but I cannot find the last 2 properties... Poppo something and sushi something. I scaned every pixel of the area!

Top Bottom