• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

convo

I wanted to be a cool guy and farm Mr.Shakedown but he got too strong and i got my ass beat. I am running through the real estate mini game and unlocked cat fighting so i should be able to conquer most of it tonight.

Hiltz

I encountered Mr. Shakedown twice, came up from behind me the second time and kicked me ass and stole all my money! Anyway, I've made it to the beginning of Chapter 2 and the story's been enjoyable. Some of the sidequests have begun to be amusing like the
TV producer gig, the wimpy rock band guys and the faux Spielberg and Michael Jackson characters .

Wait a second. The Harsh Lesson is actually preformed by R1 + Circle? Then why the hell the description says R1 + Triangle? Ugh... I wasted so much time trying to do that and always got the heat action instead. I though maybe I should hold L2 to avoid using heat actions but I was still getting nowhere. And now I know what was the problem... :(

liftedly

I wish the play time counter stopped running while paused, I left the game on overnight while paused a couple of times and now my play time is messed up :(

Ultimadrago

Beast Mode's upgraded Clothesline is so damn powerful!

Is Mr. Shakedown scripted, or does he show up whenever?

His first meet is scripted, but afterwards they walk around (or sleep) in real-time on the map. A certain item can help you see where they are at all times.

Just came into say that the Capter 3 Majima intro was on another level.

that was awesome :) ...

just finished chapter 4, & i'm still having a hard time reconciling this version of majima with the version in all the other games. all i can figure is something happens in this game to dramatically change him, because, up till now, he's pretty much been just a tougher talking kiryu clone (he actually even looks a little like him at times) :) ...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The wife continues to be absolutely baffled/amazed by this game. Every time she's seen me play it, I'm either fighting, or dancing.

yakuza0_20170130112625nsmb.png

Mupod

just finished chapter 4, & i'm still having a hard time reconciling this version of majima with the version in all the other games. all i can figure is something happens in this game to dramatically change him, because, up till now, he's pretty much been just a tougher talking kiryu clone (he actually even looks a little like him at times) :) ...

I have no familiarity with him in the other games but I'm not getting that vibe at all. He's a much more subtle and interesting character. Kiryu is endearing in his own way but I'm really taking to Majima, just like the concept of acting like a goof on the outside with all this other shit bubbling just below the surface.

During sidequests they are pretty similar sometimes, but I don't feel like either is out of character during them.

The wife continues to be absolutely baffled/amazed by this game. Every time she's seen me play it, I'm either fighting, or dancing.

Majima can do both at the same time!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
For later on in the game when you can

Invest money/Retrieve money i.e send money to each other, is there a point where you can freely send/take money ? I'm getting a tad annoyed here as Kiryu is now absolutely loaded and constantly raking it in whilst with Majima it will only let me invest with the guy outside the Grand Cabaret. He's looking all miserable and I can't withdraw any cash. Since it's harder for Majima to make money, it's a pain in the arse trying to get to 500 million at the minute to invest. I just want to start sending/withdrawing freely. I could fuck about with Mr Shakedown but just wondering in advance!

By the end of the game you will most certainly see the Majima we all know and love come out of his shell. :)

Alright, y'all have been going on about the start of Chapter 3.

I totally understand. It was...it is...an experience. 10 hours in, I wish I'd got to it sooner. Just been distracted by substories and claw machines. Mostly...mostly claw machines.

Mupod

Alright, y'all have been going on about the start of Chapter 3.

I totally understand. It was...it is...an experience. 10 hours in, I wish I'd got to it sooner. Just been distracted by substories and claw machines. Mostly...mostly claw machines.

then have I got a sidequest for you!

Ultimadrago

Anyone could tell me a good setup for the Pocket Racer Tournament 5? This one:

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/pocketcircuit.html

I'm using the same setup described in the guide (only thing I'm missing is the bumper plate, maybe that's the problem?) but I think I'm going too fast and in the slope section I always fly off the track

For the setups there I eventually learned to kick down the Rainbow Gears one notch. Use the standard and see how you fare. I was wrecking all over the place mostly because the Super/Ultimate Rainbow gears were just a tad too fast to be consistent on some tracks where they were recommended.

Fjordson

Follow this guide for Sub-Missions 9 -> 12 -> 23 for Kiryu

Referencing the same guide, Sub-Mission 58 for Majima
Woo, many thanks.

Looks like I actually have the trouble finder for Majima lmao. Didn't even realize what it did and after finishing that quest I advanced the story and got switched back to Kiryu. Good to know for the future, though. Going to try to get that for Kiryu now.

Aki-at

So I've been told to get the charismatic autobiography you need to fail at the Yanki substory? Is this true? I want to get this item everyone's complaining about and feel the stun lock but I completed that mission and got a wild shirt. Is there anywhere else I can get it?

hbkdx12

Anyone have any good tips/styles for taking down Mr shakedown for Majima?

I have all the fighting styles and no matter what style im using i feel like all im doing is chip damage and if im lucky i can get 1 or 2 heat moves off and at this point he has about 4 health bars and either i get bored and/or get killed before i can take him out.

With dragon of dojima for Kiryu, Mr shakedown battles are trivial. You can literally counter and then do a heat move and cheese that all the way through the entire fight. You play your cards right and you barely even have to move. You feel like such a bad ass.

But with majima, even with mad dog of shimeno i feel like it's a battle of attrition

I was not expecting that cult story. It seems like it could be based on the real-life Japanese cult Aum Shinrikyo.

Wow neat! That sub story instantly reminded me of a 2008 Japanese movie called Love Exposure which also had a story dealing with a crazy religious cult. The director in that movie, Sion Sono, said that the movie was inspired from a real life story of his friend who had something similar happened to him......I wonder if it's the same cult.

So I've been told to get the charismatic autobiography you need to fail at the Yanki substory? Is this true? I want to get this item everyone's complaining about and feel the stun lock but I completed that mission and got a wild shirt. Is there anywhere else I can get it?
Yeah I been wondering too since I didn't have that item in my inventory either. Same like you, I completed the mission(but passed) and gotten the Wild Shirt instead.

------------------------------------

Also I just wanted to say that these songs are f'in dope, sucks that you don't hear them much. I'm only near the end of Chapter 5 though (at 32:47 playtime) so I hope to hear more awesome tracks in later chapters.

Trouble Shooting Star
Tiger Flute

Xyber

This game.. First time I try fishing and I get this.

https://twitter.com/Xyberly/status/826206936307814401

Huh? I don't know if what I got is considered a fail but I got that thing after what seemed like a fairly positive outcome from that quest?

I did get the drummers line wrong and the other 2 right and the band said it was a success and gave me that item. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you get attacked even more if you equip it?

Loona

Got this in the weekend - intense serious story moments, fun little sidequests, alright fighting (I like Rush mode, but I miss the cool throws from Brawler mode).

And then Majima delivers one hell of a masterclass in business management, including dealing with clients, staff and negotiating with the competition.

The same guy whom so far I only knew through Project X Zone 2 and the occasional short video clip, where he seemed to be a fun aloof guy while a tendency to resort to violence rather quickly, with some fun dialog along the way...

This is going places...

xezuru

I just realized looking back on my trophies to make sure I 100% my legendary run... I got the afro achievement just by pure reactions on my first run of the game, crazy.

JJShadow

A piece of advice guys: don't visit the telephone club while your girlfriend is around

For the setups there I eventually learned to kick down the Rainbow Gears one notch. Use the standard and see how you fare. I was wrecking all over the place mostly because the Super/Ultimate Rainbow gears were just a tad too fast to be consistent on some tracks where they were recommended.

Thanks! Will try again tomorrow

Invis

I hate playing as Kiryu during most of the game so far. I'm on Chapter 9 and just want to play as Majima. Kiryu's fighting stances all suck IMO except Speed, and I'm constantly getting stun locked and having to use always buy Toughness ZZs to stay alive even in fights on the street. I'll get knocked down and then swarmed by the same guys all attacking at the same time and knock me down again. Rise and repeat.

While whenever I play as Majima I almost never get hit, even in boss fights.

Either I'm doing something wrong or the balance is shit. I hope I'm doing something wrong, someone tell me.

MYeager

This game.. First time I try fishing and I get this.

https://twitter.com/Xyberly/status/826206936307814401

Huh? I don't know if what I got is considered a fail but I got that thing after what seemed like a fairly positive outcome from that quest?

I did get the drummers line wrong and the other 2 right and the band said it was a success and gave me that item. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Do you get attacked even more if you equip it?

Not more but enemies attack faster, at the same time and stun lock you. Every battle becomes incredibly more difficult

Aki-at

I hate playing as Kiryu during most of the game so far. I'm on Chapter 9 and just want to play as Majima. Kiryu's fighting stances all suck IMO except Speed, and I'm constantly getting stun locked and having to use always buy Toughness ZZs to stay alive even in fights on the street. I'll get knocked down and then swarmed by the same guys all attacking at the same time and knock me down again. Rise and repeat.

Either I'm doing something wrong or the balance is shit. I hope I'm doing something wrong, someone tell me.

Do you by any chance... Have Charismatic Biography equipped?

MYeager

Like this, you probably have the autographed book equipped.

Do you have the Charismatic Autobiography equipped on Kiryu?

Top Bottom