• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Invis

Aki-at

Wow, yes I do. Fuck.

Fuck. This is all my fault.

I put that on and looked at the stats and never even realized what the descriptions reads. What does this item do? I guess makes enemies more aggressive?

Yeah and they all attack you at once. Definitely for those who want a bit of a challenge!

Also don't worry you're not the first one with this issue and you certainly won't be the last hehe.

liftedly

Can someone give me a spoiler-free description of how the end-game works? I heard you unlock a new difficulty when you beat the game, do you have to start an entirely new save for that or does it put you in a NG+ type mode? I'm playing on hard mode right now with nearly 60% completion rate in chapter 10, I want to do everything on this save if possible.

xezuru

I finally got the game today. Did anybody here get the Business Launch Edition and get the metal case in it?

Supposed to be from preorder but it was in the box so that surprised me.
Yeah, didn't really care for it since I 1000000% prefer minimalistic steel book art. Cause I will never even look at the card holder again, that said, the guy gave me a gigantic Yakuza 0 poster, so thanks random dude.

VpomRurd

Just finished this after putting in over 52 hours. Only got to around 48% completion but I'm more than happy with the time I spent and I'm happy to move on. Absolutely loved it and they've earnt themselves a Yakuza fan for life (this was my first game). So looking forward to playing Kiwami later this year.

Can someone give me a spoiler-free description of how the end-game works? I heard you unlock a new difficulty when you beat the game, do you have to start an entirely new save for that or does it put you in a NG+ type mode? I'm playing on hard mode right now with nearly 60% completion rate in chapter 10, I want to do everything on this save if possible.

Having literally just finished the game I feel that's appropriate, you need to start a new game to play the new difficulty. You can keep your old save and finish that off while also playing through a new difficulty and if I'm correct you start completely fresh when you start a new game. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I heard.

Yeah, didn't really care for it since I 1000000% prefer minimalistic steel book art. Cause I will never even look at the card holder again, that said, the guy gave me a gigantic Yakuza 0 poster, so thanks random dude.

Nice. I just got it off of Amazon Friday and it just came in today.

xezuru

All difficulties except the hardest let you NG+ it I believe, Legendary is the hardest difficulty only unlocked after you already beat it and it requires a fresh state, other than that you can NG+ on hard again and carry over or take that completion save into premium adventure to continue sidequests and have full access to stuff like time manipulation untied from the story and costumes I hear.

Wow, yes I do. Fuck.

I put that on and looked at the stats and never even realized what the descriptions reads. What does this item do? I guess makes enemies more aggressive?
I see that this has already been resolved, but if you wanna get even more out of Kiryu's fighting styles then I advice you to get the style switching accessory from the shrine.
xDQ8F7Y.gif

pots555

Very glad I pre ordered and got my copy from Amazon. Seems to be out of stock in Canada. Even hard to find a copy at EB games stores.

AdamT

Ugh, I can't seem to complete the last disco battle against Isobe. I'm not fast/accurate enough. That's all I have left for Majima, too.

kiaaa

Holy shit, is the mashing supposed to be this hard in catfights?

Man, some of the minigames have such a huge difficulty spike.

I'm dyin at Yakuza pulling a Rename Gambit w/ neighborhoods

Kamurocho = Kabukicho
Champion's District = Golden Gai
Sotenbori = Dotonbori

It's really weird playing this game now because I've been to all three spots (Kabukicho and Golden Gai are all in Shinjuku, IIRC) and it's fucking creepy remembering the general spots

I have no familiarity with him in the other games but I'm not getting that vibe at all. He's a much more subtle and interesting character...

see, that's the thing: having gotten to know him over the last 10 years, when i think 'majima', i absolutely, positively don't think 'subtle' :) ...

By the end of the game you will most certainly see the Majima we all know and love come out of his shell. :)

excellent! thanks! :) ...

Poster!?!?! I want a poster! :(

that game is DEAD (souls) to me.

it was a terrible game.. sorry. but why they decided to translate that i dont know. These games take A LOT of work to transalte and they did that? :-/
I'm glad they did. I thought it was a pretty fun game.

I'm burning cash trying to get just one win for the CP, but I keep getting out RPS'd and the AI gets rainbows constantly.

Sounds about right.

That activity is garbage and not worth playing. Somehow I've managed to get 3 wins already for the sake of the trophy and I still have 7 left :S

kiaaa

Savescum like a son of a bitch. And pick the blonde lady with the glasses, she's the "least risky" option.

Yeah, but you gotta win more than one round for a payout over 1.00. I just dumped 20 million at a time for the second tier in one round on a worse girl.

Yeah, but you gotta win more than one round for a payout over 1.00. I just dumped 20 million at a time for the second tier in one round on a worse girl.

I personally used Yuiko, the one in the blue swimsuit and won the entire thing. Like I said, savescum like a son of a bitch.

j0hnnix

The story is so epic but I'm stuck being a Cabaret Czar.. Lol it's pretty addictive..

So, are most of these locals still in existence in Japan? I'm wondering since I'm going in January 2018

MYeager

Wow, yes I do. Fuck.

Very.

How you survived multiple chapters makes me in awe of you.

Caim

Man...Chapter 13 was intense.

So far Zero is shaping up to be my favorite Yakuza game yet.

I also love the substory that explains how transferring money between "K-san" and "M-san" works.

Top Bottom