• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Damn, I had so much fun doing side missions in the game, but then I got too engrossed in the plot to do them and now I'm on chapter 17, grrrr. I didn't even spend time grinding ways to get money so my grid is pretty empty :(

I know you can do them post-game but still, I feel like I paced myself badly. Damn them for writing such a great plot!

I spend 35 hours in chapter 6 to max out Kiryu's real estate and his sphere grid. Bosses are a joke. Major brawls are such a power trip... its soooo good. Kiryu's a beast, a monster

Cloukyo

Banned
I spend 35 hours in chapter 6 to max out Kiryu's real estate and his sphere grid. Bosses are a joke. Major brawls are such a power trip... its soooo good. Kiryu's a beast, a monster

My Kiryu is severely under-powered, every mob battle takes ages.

That said I've done the same amount of the grid with Majima and he thrashes mobs anyway. Bat-nunchucks are unstoppable. A bit broken if anything.

Laws00

In Chapter 11 I finally see the person where Majima got his personality based off of....kinda figured it was that guy

bwakh

Im just about to plunge money for this but before I do, can those who have finished let me know what the how-long-to-beat times are on average for this? Not going completionist.

S1kkZ

Im just about to plunge money for this but before I do, can those who have finished let me know what the how-long-to-beat times are on average for this? Not going completionist.

40 hours at the very least (if you ignore almost all side content). maybe 30h on easy.

and good news: yakuza 0 cracked the top 10 german ps4 software charts.

Sarek

Took me 43 hours. Did fair amount of extra stuff. One thing I would do differently if I started now is play on hard from the start. I had never played Yakuza before, but the combat on normal difficulty was very easy. That kinda made weapons seem pointless, and bosses didn't really live up to their cutscenes when you could so easily kick their asses.

Tizoc

So did y'all do the side story for the 1st Platinum Hostess with Majima?
Majima spying on her with the other manager was hilarious.
Esp. when a waitress passes by their seats and just looks at them as she walks by
This game GAF.
This game.

Why can't Western games have light humor like this?

So did y'all do the side story for the 1st Platinum Hostess with Majima?
Majima spying on her with the other manager was hilarious.
Esp. when a waitress passes by their seats and just looks at them as she walks by
This game GAF.
This game.

Why can't Western games have light humor like this?

Yeah I love how goofball this game is

bwakh

i am currently at 80 hours and still have probably another 20 to go (but i do a lot of the side stuff).

:O

Took me 43 hours. Did fair amount of extra stuff. One thing I would do differently if I started now is play on hard from the start. I had never played Yakuza before, but the combat on normal difficulty was very easy. That kinda made weapons seem pointless, and bosses didn't really live up to their cutscenes when you could so easily kick their asses.

This sounds wonderful. I'm going to take your suggestion to start on hard, even though Japanese games usually give me a relatively tougher time on harder difficulties.

Jumping in.

8bit

Knows the Score

Finished at 44 hours, about 30% complete I think.

Iokis

On Chapter 5.

I really wish I had more free time, although on the days that my gf is out I happily sink 5 or 6 hours at a time into this game. I idly considered seeing if I could get to 100% completion but I think I haven't a chance in hell, what with there being SO MUCH to do and the fact I also want to take a good crack at Nioh, Nier and Horizon before the Switch comes out. My gf has shift work and I keep catching myself guiltily looking forward to her getting an afternoon or night shift so I get a week of hardcore catch up time (I'm a terrible person I know)

But I just can't focus solely on the (pretty damn good) story. I'm on my way to that pink dot and it's always "Oooh, karaoke!" "Oooh, arcade games!" "Oooh, a substory!" Can't see myself finding the time to learn the intricacies of Shogi and Mahjong though!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You have to actually select the staff that you want to change and then you can change him/her. After you have pressed R1, go over the default manager and press cross once. Going to left and right with d-pad/LS should change the guy for you then. Once again press cross to choose the guy/girl/chicken that you want.

uu9pmDP.gif

Was just introduced to that crafting mats searching minigame for Majima in chapter 3.
The search results sequence is so unnecessary epic, I love it.

Laws00

THE MOTHER FUCKER WITH THE BAT TATTOO

OMFG!!

i thought it was a baseball bat this whole time lol

Forgot what type of game I was playing

datwr

I love the Total Money Earned: Worth: in the end of each chapter.
Makes you realize how much money it actually is.

And the end game one I got:
6x Stealth Fighter Jet

Thats a lot of money :p

I'll ask again, does gaining more fans in an area in a cabaret club means you make more money? I need to beat club mercury but as it is they beat me but 1-2 million because my shit cost more to maintain

Mupod

I streamed the game for a friend for a while last night, I was just finishing up the Gambling King's area. He started watching just in time for Nugget, lucky him.

Speaking of which, do I need to do something else to progress the Gambling King stuff? I'm at like 85%, own every property and he hasn't challenged me yet.

Considering how much trouble I had on the first boss of the game, the chapter 6 boss fight was very...disappointing. He got maybe one attack off. Apparently once you get a knockdown in Beast style you win. I kept picking him up off the ground, which would stun him, then I'd combo for a ton of damage and repeat.

That was a hell of a chapter though. Well, after I spent 10 hours on real estate and decided to actually progress.

Jachaos

I'll ask again, does gaining more fans in an area in a cabaret club means you make more money? I need to beat club mercury but as it is they beat me but 1-2 million because my shit cost more to maintain

I'm pretty sure it does. I beat Mercury with about 5000 fans. They didn't start making money until a few dozen seconds in so I got my Fever meter in first and it helped a lot.

datwr

Im sure it helps you somehow, I think it probably give you a higher chance for richer customers.

Does someone have the link to the real estate guide that's been posted through this thread can't seem to find it

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/moneyisland.html

I love the Total Money Earned: Worth: in the end of each chapter.
Makes you realize how much money it actually is.

And the end game one I got:
6x Stealth Fighter Jet

Thats a lot of money :p

One of them I saw was like 3x the production cost of anime. I giggled.

I think the one feature this game is missing is the ability to buy clothes for your character before post game stuff. For some reason I was pumped after that speech at the beginning by Kiryu's brother to pimp out like a Yakuza (I guess I love changing clothes on my characters).

I just started to get back into Yakuza 0. I beat chapter 6
that was an actual emotional rollercoaster after the pretty damn cool boss
. But now I've unlocked cabaret club czar so now I'll be stuck on that for 10 hours...

Finished Chapter 6 last night.
The scene with Nishiki was so emotional. Especially knowing eventually where those two end up in Yakuza 1.

Kain

Where the hell do you buy weapons in Kiryu's storyline? I'm in chapter 6 and no trace about that shop or guy or whatever

Where the hell do you buy weapons in Kitty's storyline? I'm in chapter 6 and no trace about that shop or guy or whatever
Ebisu Pawn has weapons. There's also a substory where you have to get a password to this alley merchant. I can't remember if he carries weapons also.

xclk07

Speaking of which, do I need to do something else to progress the Gambling King stuff? I'm at like 85%, own every property and he hasn't challenged me yet.

You have to unlock the JCC... substory 18 in Ch. 6. I thought that wasn't missable, but if you already fought the Ch. 6 boss, I guess not.

Woohoo, beat
both Amons
and now I've completed all the substories!!

Kiryu's
Amon was fucking ridiculous. Just got stunned randomly and then killed instantly.

Does anyone know where to get the item for Kiryu that lets you find Mr Shakedown on the map? I can never find him except when he's sleeping on a park bench but he has 0 yen because I robbed him one time and he probably won't respawn with cash until I beat him up one time.

Does anyone know where to get the item for Kiryu that lets you find Mr Shakedown on the map? I can never find him except when he's sleeping on a park bench but he has 0 yen because I robbed him one time and he probably won't respawn with cash until I beat him up one time.

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/substories.html
You have to do Substory #9 which will lead into #12 and then #23. When you do Substory 23, pick the black box which will get you the encounter finder.

Top Bottom