• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

I've tried more than a dozen times thus far and I think I've only managed to win once with some girl that didn't have any good stats. I've lost all my matches with Jenifer who is supposed to be the best girl.
i thought i was going to get carpal tunnel syndrome going nuts. but after some guy said he used turbo and still lost i knew the CPU was cheating.

Well she's clearly not the best girl, then. :3
hahaha

Well she's clearly not the best girl, then. :3
lol
Except one match that was close one and my hand getting very tired with the constant buttonsmashing I didn't have much problem. I guess I got lucky.

I'm sure the tutorial mentions that the CPU usually goes for is strongest attacks (the ones with more stars), is something that I kept in mind when choosing one of the three attacks.
Tried doing that as well, but CPU just uses other attacks.
i thought i was going to get carpal tunnel syndrome going nuts. but after some guy said he used turbo and still lost i knew the CPU was cheating.
Yeah, it really feels like its cheating. I mean a few times I even randomly turned LS to left and right without knowing where will it land and CPU still choose the better option.
I'm at the same point too. I'm at chapter 10 and I know I gotta go to
Sotenbori
but I'm about to defeat the Media King!

I'm right where you are and I'm doing all the disco dances instead, hahaha.

jrcbandit

Is there a quick way to kill Mr Shakedown with Majima? With Kiryu, the Thug style drunk damage bonus + heat action dagger at full health means Mr Shakedown goes down super fast. With Majima, I can do it slow and steady with a nice katana which never breaks but it sure does take awhile.... Maybe I will just keep playing until I can transfer more money to Majima, right now it is a paltry 100k.

Menitta

Is there a quick way to kill Mr Shakedown with Majima? With Kiryu, the Thug style drunk damage bonus + heat action dagger at full health means Mr Shakedown goes down super fast. With Majima, I can do it slow and steady with a nice katana which never breaks but it sure does take awhile.... Maybe I will just keep playing until I can transfer more money to Majima, right now it is a paltry 100k.

I personally recommend slugger. You can just do heat moves in front of him and often.

Mupod

oh my god the obatarian is an absolute monster in the cabaret club. In the rival battle against the second guy she just bilked like 10 million out of a guy who was a red angry face to start with.

I personally recommend slugger. You can just do heat moves in front of him and often.

this, buy 20k worth of stamina royale and go to town.

I've noticed that some weapons have much higher, more damaging heat moves at 2+ bars. Even on hard mode, a 2-bar tonfa heat move does 1/3 of his life bar.

gow3isben

Hey guys I had a question. Are the side stories all very easy to find or do you really have to go out of your way to find them? I just finished an absolutely incredible one - just laugh out loud hilarious - and want to make sure I don't miss out on the other ones. Also, if I don't complete them by the end of the chapter can I get to them later on?

Thanks for any answers.

Goddamn, I adore this game. It's so addictive; every time I swear to myself I'm going to move on with the story I get caught in a whirlwind of sub stories, Shakedown battles, naked girl card hunting and god knows what else. Thirty hours in and I've only just reached Chapter 5.

WEEEEEERE BREAAAKIINNN ZAA LAAAAWWW

BREAAKIN ZA WAAAAARUDOOOO

Mupod

Hey guys I had a question. Are the side stories all very easy to find or do you really have to go out of your way to find them? I just finished an absolutely incredible one - just laugh out loud hilarious - and want to make sure I don't miss out on the other ones. Also, if I don't complete them by the end of the chapter can I get to them later on?

Thanks for any answers.

You can find accessories that make them show up on your map. Make sure you pick the large black box rewards from Miracle Johnson (the second one specifically).

hollomat

Banned
The depth in this game is incredible. While it doesn't succeed in everything it tries, I have to give it props for throwing so many things out there.

Vorheez

Why does this game have so much great content? Are the developers just that good of guys or what? It's incredibly dense with cool stuff to do. Got sidetracked with pool for 2 hours, and now I'm doing pocket racing for the first time.

Game is legit becoming one of my favorite games of all time

Jachaos

The real state thing is not very fun and too grindy.

My new objective is to give like 1billion yen to majima so he can brute force his, more than likely, stupid grindy management minigame. I don't want to repeat this process again...

But I won my first catfight try. Got 20million, I could have easily got way more if only I dared to bet more money(only 2 million).

Majima's equivalent of the real estate is much more fun, but doesn't give as much money (it does still give a lot though). It's not just waiting on the money to come in, you have to characters to improve with accessories and such, rosters to balance stats with, their fatigue level, etc. And then when the management starts you actually manage a lot of stuff in real time. Read hand signals, keep customers happy, time fever gauge usage, etc.

Thanks for any answers.

Black box in one of the sidequests when offered (happens a couple of times) to get an item that marks them on your map (for Kiryu. Majima has to befriend the staff at the restaurant in front of his appartment to get the same item)

The sidequests can't be missed, you can do them after finishing the story. There's parts later on in the story where you can't access everything for a while, but you'll be able to come back to them in the end.

Oh God, pocket racing is soooo fun. This is my new addiction now.

Thanks for any answers.
Others have already answered this, I just wanted to add that the name of said item is Trouble Finder and for Kiryu you can also get it through the
tax
sub-story which is tied to Kiryu's real estate activity.

Although that's true some of the gold hostesses are great too . The oba san from the side story is amazing LOL
She was legit my top girl at some point. I think she is still in the top 3 lol

Reule

Can I still make money off Real Estate after finishing it? Coming up on what I believe is the end of it but I'm enjoying the easy cash flow.

How do you page people who give you there number? Haruki wants to go on dates with me because I'm a stud

You can't page people. Just go to a side activity where one more than one person can participate (dancing, bowling, darts, pool, etc) and you'll have the option to invite a friend. Just choose whomever you wish.

alt27

How do you page people who give you there number? Haruki wants to go on dates with me because I'm a stud

Your lucky , I've only got the cougar who takes of your health and the girls that basically stand you up etc . I just don't know the difference between the voices to know when to hang up on the telephone game .

My wife laughs her ass off at him answering the phone and then the decision wheel when your trying to pick the right option . She's says the Japanese is funny

Question for those further in the game.

Can I send all of my money from majima to kyriu with a certain wacky character? The real estate money would take forever to make the proper way. But I have like 4 billion to spare with majima that instead of wasting away on upgrade to my attacks I could send to kyriu to make his real estate plot easier considering I've already beaten the cabaret with majima.

Also the legendary style of
mad dog
doesn't seem all that useful. I can take out enemies faster with regular styles. Am I missing something?

Vorheez

You can't page people. Just go to a side activity where one more than one person can participate (dancing, bowling, darts, pool, etc) and you'll have the option to invite a friend. Just choose whomever you wish.
Cool, thank you.
Your lucky , I've only got the cougar who takes of your health and the girls that basically stand you up etc . I just don't know the difference between the voices to know when to hang up on the telephone game .

My wife laughs her ass off at him answering the phone and then the decision wheel when your trying to pick the right option . She's says the Japanese is funny
I got her on my second try... No joke! I guess I am lucky haha. But yes, the way he answers the phone is hilarious

mad dog
doesn't seem all that useful. I can take out enemies faster with regular styles. Am I missing something?
Yeah, you are most definitely missing something cause
that style
is super OP. Always finish your combos with triangle and then when he starts sprinting, direct him towards a new enemy and press triangle when you are close to them. He then attacks guy and if the attack connects, he starts sprinting once more, so guide him toward another one and so on.

When you get used to
the mad dog style,
enemies won't be able to catch their breaths. He is just super fast and extremely efficient in it.

alt27

Question for those further in the game.

Can I send all of my money from majima to kyriu with a certain wacky character? The real estate money would take forever to make the proper way. But I have like 4 billion to spare with majima that instead of wasting away on upgrade to my attacks I could send to kyriu to make his real estate plot easier considering I've already beaten the cabaret with majima.

mad dog

Yes they have a similar character opposite the grand playing a guitar

Yeah, you are most definitely missing something cause
that style
is super OP. Always finish your combos with triangle and then when he starts sprinting, direct him towards a new enemy and press triangle when you are close to them. He then attacks guy and if the attack connects, he starts sprinting once more, so guide him toward another one and so on.

When you get used to
the mad dog style,
enemies won't be able to catch their breaths. He is just super fast and extremely efficient in it.
Im seeing videos and at least in normal I can take out groups of enemies ridiculously fast with breaker style. With the
mad dog
style it seems like it'd be useful against huge groups of enemies but at for the 3/4 enemies in the streets I'll have to compare it cause breaker is king for me.

jrcbandit

Any point to the coliseum? The money you make there is very minor. I used it to get some CP so far but that's about it (need like 20 more CP to fully unlock the hidden style). Once you get 9-10 tournaments in, it takes allot of matches to advance to the next tournament and gets boring. I haven't specifically aimed for crowd pleasing actions but I try to do them when I can, still seems to take awhile...

Any point to the coliseum? The money you make there is very minor. I used it to get some CP so far but that's about it (need like 20 more CP to fully unlock the hidden style). Once you get 9-10 tournaments in, it takes allot of matches to advance to the next tournament and gets boring. I haven't specifically aimed for crowd pleasing actions but I try to do them when I can, still seems to take awhile...

Not much point really. You'll get more money if you do the crowd pleasing stuff. Otherwise its just for the completion list (clear 50 fights/tournaments etc.). Oh, and you can fight a bear, that's well worth doing in and of itself!

jrcbandit

Not much point really. You'll get more money if you do the crowd pleasing stuff. Otherwise its just for the completion list (clear 50 fights/tournaments etc.). Oh, and you can fight a bear, that's well worth doing in and of itself!

Hah, I just fought the bear, it felt like Tekken. Guess I've seen most there is to see there. I'll go back if I ever feel like getting some more CP/completion. Was hoping for a secret boss or secret item reward.

Tizoc

The music in this game needs more recognition, even a thread dedicated to it *wink wink*
But can someone post what track is played during
the escape from tojo hq?

OniBaka

Despite saying I would stop playing Yakuza 5 and start on 0. I ended up finishing 5 and so far it's my favorite one, despite plot twists and all I really like how they did the ending.

Vorheez

So, I exchanged some cp points to change the look of my office, but it looks exactly the same haha. I imagine I must be able to change it somewhere?

Hah, I just fought the bear, it felt like Tekken. Guess I've seen most there is to see there. I'll go back if I ever feel like getting some more CP/completion. Was hoping for a secret boss or secret item reward.

Yeah, the arena in 0 didn't feel quite as great as in past games. Then again they didn't really tie any progression into completing it (Kiwami has an ass load of stuff tied to Komaki and the arena, so it feels more relevant I guess). Boss wise, the only side boss I can really think of in the arena in 0 are the bear (then again, he's recycled from 5 and Ishin) and Komaki
so technically Kiryu can meet Komaki before the events of 1, which I kinda wish they didn't do as while they don't interact it feels like it breaks story cannon just a bit, but that's just me being picky at this bonus battle!

So, I exchanged some cp points to change the look of my office, but it looks exactly the same haha. I imagine I must be able to change it somewhere?

Talk to the old guy in the office. I don't know what the trigger was for me but I had to progress a bit in the real estate stuff before the option came up.

Top Bottom