• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

How do you unlock those higher tier skills? I'm at chapter 4 and I've unlocked all the available skills of all fighting styles for
Majima
and have about 2 billion yen left.

Edit: NVM. They unlock later.

lolwut. How were you making money? The easiest ways of making money come in the next few chapters.

What do you think lol.

Practically every major female character that's involved in side/substories is a JAV actress.

osDP6pc.gif

Sapientas

lolwut. How were you making money? The easiest ways of making money come in the next few chapters.

Kiryu can get a CP ability that increases the money you get when you defeat Mr. Shakedowns. Coupled with an Encounter Finder, which shows their locations on the map, you can lose purposely and then quickly get it back plus 50% or something more. It's easy to rack up billions this way.

Arklite

I'm on chapter 8, am I supposed to stop here and grind out the
cabaret club
if I want to advance it? Plot's rolling fast.

thatJohann

Wow played some more of this with boost mode vs no boost mode on ps4 pro and the difference is felt immediately even in controls. Super impressed with boost mode on PS4 4.5 beta update

Alastor3

I just started chapter 3. Majima look soooo good!!

Why the hell did he get that ugly haircut in the other games?? I like his hair and ponytail so much in this!!!

SephLuis

Finally finished the game.

This game is legitimately one of the best games that I have ever played. I love this series.

New Ranking:

Yakuza 0 = 2 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 5

I told you months ago that this would rank in the same level as Yakuza 2

I am now thinking of replaying Y2. It's been years.

Laws00

Man that ending............wow

looked at my rankings and im like 380 in Outrun and like 180 something in Hang on or maybe the numbers are reserved

Nope. Tried that and tried strategy. Nothing worked consistently enough to convince me otherwise. I just mashed the button to keep cycling through attacks randomly until the timer ran out, and ended up winning that way (no, really this worked as a viable strategy for me!).
Hmmm, I've played it 20 times or so, and have lost once. Are you losing the cheer battles?

Laws00

Which ending you saw ?

Outrun ? Super hang on ? REM ?
cat fight

=)

I didn't
encounter the cat fight :(

Kiryu
dumb ass im going back to the dojima family

Majima
encountering Makimura Makoto but she doesn't remember him and all he can do is look at her. She goes to the empty lot and is like thank you all these people but I can't remember the name of this one guy who helped me, oh my watch that I gave to the person I can't remember whos name has gotten fixed and has appeared out of no where.

Also
Sagawa dying made feel good but pissed that Majima was on friendly terms with him at the end and im like no FUCK THAT GUY.

SephLuis

I didn't
encounter the cat fight :(

Kiryu
dumb ass im going back to the dojima family

Majima
encountering Makimura Makoto but she doesn't remember him and all he can do is look at her. She goes to the empty lot and is like thank you all these people but I can't remember the name of this one guy who helped me, oh my watch that I gave to the person I can't remember whos name has gotten fixed and has appeared out of no where.

Also
Sagawa dying made feel good but pissed that Majima was on friendly terms with him at the end and im like no FUCK THAT GUY.

Well, Kiryu has to go back to the Dojima family or else Yakuza 1 story would be busted =P

Though, that ending works perfectly with how Yakuza 1 begins.

Regarding Sagawa, he may be an asshole but he was an asshole with a mission. So he kept pushing Majima to do the job because he was hired to do it. See it through the end.
Again, it's something that suits Majima very well in later titles.

Makoto didn't forgot Majima's name, she just didn't knew. Majima never introduced himself. When he meets Makoto in the street, he says nothing because she might recognize him by the voice.

Nice.

I'm thinking about it but I'm a little worried about the legend run through when I had some trouble on hard haha. No checkpoints seems rough.
And I'm terrible at the dance minigame
I've played many Yakuza games before so Legend shouldn't really be a problem for me. That 100% completion trophy on the other hand though.... yeah, that's gonna take a while.

Man, this game was amazing! Just finished it and it's making the wait for Kiwami that much harder. I'm probably going to do some side stuff every once and a while that I didn't do during the main story. Really glad I got this game.

Menitta

What is the best cart for the intermediate circuit? I keep losing it because I lose speed.

Edit: Well no wonder, I had the wrong battery.

Conezays

Just began Chapter 10. Spoiler:
Damn, that twist was huge with Tachibana's tattoo
. Interested to see where they take the plot in the remaining chapters.

Frimaire

I saw your post and I was like "lets give this another go".

I can't believe it! It's gotta be karma. I just wasted 500mil in the catfights, so it's gotta be karma making up for that.

I can't win a single match :(

Yeah, the scores seem kinda weird with the Disco AIs.
Sometimes they get like 7k, but when I beat him he barely broke 5...

light spoilers

I am defending a blind woman against gang members in the streets the only way I know how, by breakdancing and kicking them in the face

The real state thing is not very fun and too grindy.

My new objective is to give like 1billion yen to majima so he can brute force his, more than likely, stupid grindy management minigame. I don't want to repeat this process again...

I saw your post and I was like "lets give this another go".

I can't believe it! It's gotta be karma. I just wasted 500mil in the catfights, so it's gotta be karma making up for that.

I can't win a single match :(

But I won my first catfight try. Got 20million, I could have easily got way more if only I dared to bet more money(only 2 million).

Yeah, the scores seem kinda weird with the Disco AIs.
Sometimes they get like 7k, but when I beat him he barely broke 5...
Exactly. I had scores above 6k (on easy difficulty) and yet he always had more scores than me. I was surprised to see that I've manged to beat him with score lower than 6k (on Normal difficulty nonetheless)
Congrats!
Thanks! This really feels like my biggest achievement in this game thus far. Forget about 5
billionaires
and 5
stars
, I just beat Ogita, baby! lol
They're the real Mr Shakedown of the game.
For real. They are sucking all my money without lifting a finger.

But I won my first catfight try. Got 20million, I could have easily got way more if only I dared to bet more money(only 2 million).
I've tried more than a dozen times thus far and I think I've only managed to win once with some girl that didn't have any good stats. I've lost all my matches with Jenifer who is supposed to be the best girl.

I'm trading this game in to Amazon so I probably won't get to the catfighting part but I've decided to shame all of you for playing it anyways

I've tried more than a dozen times thus far and I think I've only managed to win once with some girl that didn't have any good stats. I've lost all my matches with Jenifer who is supposed to be the best girl.

Except one match that was close one and my hand getting very tired with the constant buttonsmashing I didn't have much problem. I guess I got lucky.

I'm sure the tutorial mentions that the CPU usually goes for is strongest attacks (the ones with more stars), is something that I kept in mind when choosing one of the three attacks.

Frimaire

YEEEAAAHHH! I WON! WE DID IT! NOBODY EVER BELIEVED IN YOU, MARIA, BUT I DID, DAMNIT!
Sure, Francisca perfected you in the last round, but you got back up and BROKE HER FUCKING ARM and that's what matters!
I WON! I'M RICH! I WON...
Okay, admittedly less than I could've made in 5 minutes in real estate.
But I WON!

Top Bottom