• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

So pretty...

hawkeye2012012_cov_02.jpg

Hawkguy #12, Francesco Francavilla

Acid08

Banned
Francavilla is one of the best on the biz right now. I am so excited for his issues. First though, when the hell does #9 come out :(

so you guys got me to buy this, and thank you for that, because it is awesome.

I only read the first collected volume. Just wondering, does Aja come back? I looooooove the artwork of the first 3 issues

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
so you guys got me to buy this, and thank you for that, because it is awesome.

I only read the first collected volume. Just wondering, does Aja come back? I looooooove the artwork of the first 3 issues

Yep, he does.

Tizoc

Alright bros, I'll give this comic series another try.
Also Hakweye is awesome in the Avengers cartoon, just watch Season 1 and the first 10-ish episodes of Season 2 to see why.

Buntabox

Picked this up two weeks ago on recommendation of this thread. Incredibly satisfying.

Started the Brubaker/Fraction Immortal Iron Fist trades as well. Never really touched Fraction till Hawkeye. He hasn't let me down with either of these.

Also, I was a fan of Brubaker's Captain America until Reborn...ugh. Bailed after that. Was really solid before that. Felt a season of 24, filtered through Marvel, staring Cap instead of Jack Bauer. So I was willing to give him another shot.

Overall, Hawkguy has been the best recommendation I've pulled from GAF.

Holy shit it was awesome. Wasn't as keen on the backup story, but still a great read.

Gonna pre-order volume 2.

Picked this up two weeks ago on recommendation of this thread. Incredibly satisfying.

Started the Brubaker/Fraction Immortal Iron Fist trades as well. Never really touched Fraction till Hawkeye. He hasn't let me down with either of these.

Also, I was a fan of Brubaker's Captain America until Reborn...ugh. Bailed after that. Was really solid before that. Felt a season of 24, filtered through Marvel, staring Cap instead of Jack Bauer. So I was willing to give him another shot.

Glad you both enjoyed the book. :)

Slizz

Brubaker's Criminal is awesome if you haven't checked that out.

Also guess I gotta pick up Iron Fist now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
picked up TPB just not. Good stuff though I didn't like the Young Avengers bit and wanted more of what was in the beginning

Winnah!

The correct answer is SLAPP, of course

They were quite backwards thinking, actually. They gave my sister and I the same initials ("JMC"). And they themselves have the same initials "RC" (no middle names). Quite appalling all around.

8p10n.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, but that's pretty funny.

8p10n.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, but that's pretty funny.

I'm glad my suffering has brought you some joy. At least my middle name was spelled correctly. My sister on the other hand... (mistakes were made)

Is Hawkeye some mad scientist who creates his own custom bows and arrows? That would be cool.

I've always wondered this. Who makes/designs his arrows. He doesn't seem tech savvy going by his need for Stark's help with the TV set-up...

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I've always wondered this. Who makes/designs his arrows. He doesn't seem tech savvy going by his need for Stark's help with the TV set-up...

Guy grew up in different carnivals and circus, so chances are that he learned one thing or two about arrows there. And not to understimate Stark's brain, but not even him could come up with this marvel.

eN4pbb1.png

I mean, it doesn't get better than this. (Other than the boomerang arrow. That shit's awesome)

Log4Girlz

Guy grew up in different carnivals and circus, so chances are that he learned one thing or two about arrows there. And not to understimate Stark's brain, but not even him could come up with this marvel.

eN4pbb1.png

I mean, it doesn't get better than this. (Other than the boomerang arrow. That shit's awesome)

Oddly, as a fan of older comic art styles...I really dig this art style.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
They ever talk about the fact Hawkeye is legally deaf?

Not as far as I've seen. There's not really any reference to it. He must have implants or something because I don't think he has visible hearing aids and if he did he tends to get beaten around a bit and those would probably fall out. The only reason I know he's deaf is because of that kid whose mother wrote to Marvel.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Eh. You should probably check the CW's Green Arrow show and share your pungent questions in its OT. I think you'd like that. And if not, there's still Stephen Amell's naked torso anyway.

They ever talk about the fact Hawkeye is legally deaf?

Fraction addressed it in his tumblr, but Clint is still deaf but not completely. The little touch where he doesn't understand what the person is saying? That's because he's mostly reading their lips on top of trying to hear what they're saying.

BTW: Hawkeye #9 out on Comixology and it was amazing. I just finished reading it.

...So glad this is a double-ship month.

I'm surprised all that access to Stark tech and some genius friends couldn't have resulted with at least a decent set of hearing implant aids.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm surprised all that access to Stark tech and some genius friends couldn't have resulted with at least a decent set of hearing implant aids.

It's a good plot device. Hearing aids makes him like any other person, but at the same time his deafness can lead to interesting situations.

yeah this is pretty damn silly. Babs Gordon had pride/vanity going for her re: choosing not to walk again, but Hawkguy is a government agent, and I'm pretty sure deafness is a liability in his line of work. get stark or reed to fix it already

edit: apparently Clint is 80 percent deaf and does use custom miniature hearing aids

Slayven

yeah this is pretty damn silly. Babs Gordon had pride/vanity going for her re: choosing not to walk again, but Hawkguy is a government agent, and I'm pretty sure deafness is a liability in his line of work. get stark or reed to fix it already

edit: apparently Clint is 80 percent deaf and does use custom miniature hearing aids

He became deaf to beat mindcontrol.

pFU4VQ3.jpg

Back in the day Stark did design some of Hawkeye's arrows and a custom quiver.

Anyone know if a trade equivalent will be released on comixology (digital; iPad) any time soon?

Not too sure as the trade just came out pretty recently. May be easier if comixology does a sale, though who knows when that'll be.

If anything, a $30 gift card to itunes/google play (or just use your credit card) will be enough to cover all of the released issues so far.

Top Bottom