• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

More fan art

tumblr_mlwvjulKBe1qgad1eo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mlx5c2G6qD1qz6egko1_500.jpg

GRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILS

I seriously do love Fraction's tumblr, he posts some gems (such as the Bendis text) and great insight into other stuff (Rockford Files, pics from classic movies and Macross to name a few) - aside from his walkthroughs.

His twitter is also great as is Aja's (who posted an 'Advent Calendar' via twitter last year).

Oh and Clint should totally rock his chucks when in his Avengers costume, looks rad.

I seriously do love Fraction's tumblr, he posts some gems (such as the Bendis text) and great insight into other stuff (Rockford Files, pics from classic movies and Macross to name a few) - aside from his walkthroughs.

His twitter is also great as is Aja's (who posted an 'Advent Calendar' via twitter last year).

Oh and Clint should totally rock his chucks when in his Avengers costume, looks rad.

I mostly hate Twitter, but his is one of the few I check out (along with Bryan Fuller's and a few others).

I mostly hate Twitter, but his is one of the few I check out (along with Bryan Fuller's and a few others).

Nice. And like I said, Aja's is worth checking too as he usually will post some pieces of art every so often (like the Hawkguy logo for instance).

His advent calendar (which was for a week really) was cool as it used panels from issue #6.

Ok.

So... that was interesting. Seems like we're in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment, but it was a great issue. Great set-up for The Clown. Shadowy mirror of Clint, that one. So his real name is Kazi. The presence of the Bros in his past was really interesting.

And, poor Kate. This is gonna get awkward.

The art by Francavilla was fantastic. Very classy. Loved the use of colours in this issue. A true treat.

His response

was an all time classic

Bro, I was dying when he dropped that one. He's so awesome on tumblr. Love that he'll basically answer anything you ask him if you aren't a douchebag (unless you want a douchbag answer :p).

At least that way, I learned that it's really Aja that decides what Clint's civvies look like when I asked Fraction himself.

Acid08

Banned
Bro, I was dying when he dropped that one. He's so awesome on tumblr. Love that he'll basically answer anything you ask him if you aren't a douchebag (unless you want a douchbag answer :p).

At least that way, I learned that it's really Aja that decides what Clint's civvies look like when I asked Fraction himself.
I also learned through his tumblr that they've never met in person :eek:

Nice! Followed.

Followed you back.

And ended up browsing the converse website to pick up some purple chucks... Yeah, they don't have my size in the electric purples because the shoes run 1/2 size larger. I really don't want to size down because it hurts like hell.

Is it that surprising? If I recall correctly, Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez didn't meet in person until after the first volumes of Locke & Key, since they are based in different countries.

A little surprising, yeah. I mean, intellectually I get it, but it still surprises me. It's rare that the writing and art is so in sync.

Quick

Banned
Followed you back.

And ended up browsing the converse website to pick up some purple chucks... Yeah, they don't have my size in the electric purples because the shoes run 1/2 size larger. I really don't want to size down because it hurts like hell.

So tempted to get purple chucks, myself.

Have you read Immortal Iron Fist? Same team, same quality.

Just picked this up. Going to get started on this soon.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, that's pretty stupid. Head over to your local shoe store and you'll have a better chance there for half-sizes. Purple might be hard to find, though. :p

Acid08

Banned
They have all the half sizes if you do the Create Your Own Shoe thing. Probably just a way to get about 10 more bucks out of you. Been contemplating doing it because 12 1/2 are fucking impossible to find.

Yeah, that's pretty stupid. Head over to your local shoe store and you'll have a better chance there for half-sizes. Purple might be hard to find, though. :p

...Tempted to just go get my regular size and let it be floppy but I really hate that feeling. May poke around the outlet to see if they have them in half-sizes before I decide wtf to do.

They have all the half sizes if you do the Create Your Own Shoe thing. Probably just a way to get about 10 more bucks out of you. Been contemplating doing it because 12 1/2 are fucking impossible to find.

Was contemplating that too. Because apparently size 9 is one of those things where it's like 'oh, you're like a standard size for everyone so it's the first size gone so lol to you.'

Also, electric purple seems to be a color not available for customization. Boo.

Quick

Banned
Unrelated question: when do I read the Immortal Iron Fist annual? Between which issues do I slot it in?

MechaX

I came into this topic not even knowing that Kate Bishop existed, now I have to get more of here. Thanks GAF for selling me on this series.

Slizz

Just finished reading #10, another good one. The colors throughout the issue were excellent, super vibrant.

My only complaint is we have to wait a whole month for the next issue which is the pizza dog issue.

Bro, I just started reading this series this week, bro.

Finished issue #10 last night. This series is fantastic! I honestly never cared for (or really knew much about) Hawkeye before. It's gotten me very interested in reading some of Fraction's other work. So I ordered Immortal Iron Fist and Casanova since I saw those recommended earlier in this thread.

Also, Francavilla's art in issue #10 is amazing. Does anybody have suggestions for other comics with his art that are worth reading?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I don't know if I'm more excited for Pizza Dog issue or Lady Hawkman's Annual.

Hawkworld problems, bro.

Bro, I just started reading this series this week, bro.

Finished issue #10 last night. This series is fantastic! I honestly never cared for (or really knew much about) Hawkeye before. It's gotten me very interested in reading some of Fraction's other work. So I ordered Immortal Iron Fist and Casanova since I saw those recommended earlier in this thread.

Also, Francavilla's art in issue #10 is amazing. Does anybody have suggestions for other comics with his art that are worth reading?

Read his current creator-owned Black Beetle run, from Dark Horse. Pulp and superheroes, together again at last!

Top Bottom