• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

Quick

Banned
Previw pages for Hawkdog #11

Page 1
Page 2

"Pizza is my business" - GAF's motto.

Edit:

imqLMEtaHtmx5.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Came here to post the preview. Amazing stuff. Really can't wait to see this issue. Easily my favourite comic right now.

Nitemare1

So firstly I have to thank this thread for getting me onto this series. Favorite book I've read in a very very long time!

Also issue 7. (without spoiling as best I can) When Hawkguy and Grills come up from the basement and Grills talks to his father! The fucking feels man! Don't think I've ever had that strong an emotional response to a comic book in my life!

I love how in Kazi's storyline the Tracksuit Draculas are actually portrayed as heroic. It's an interesting spin from Kazi's side. They rescued him and Janek in that war, gave them a home (before it was burnt down) and then gave Kazi a job/calling. Just thought that was cool.

Edit:

Love this page:

Hawkeye-10-INT.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Loved #10

Francavilla is the best thing next to Aja.

Wondering what's going to happen with
Kate and the Clown

Hawkeye out.

Sallokin

After grabbing the trade on release I finally hit up my local comics shop for issues 7 - 10. Can't wait to crack them open.

3N16MA

Banned
This thread has convinced me to give this a shot. Not really a big comic reader, what is the best way to get caught up? I'm guessing it would be picking up volume 1 but feel free to correct me.

Acid08

Banned
This thread has convinced me to give this a shot. Not really a big comic reader, what is the best way to get caught up? I'm guessing it would be picking up volume 1 but feel free to correct me.
You can buy digital if you prefer, probably more expensive though.

You can also buy a physical copy of volume 1 from amazon for less than $10 and then catch up with issues 6-10 digitally or check if your local comic shop can locate physical issues.

Otherwise, pick up volume 1 now and volume 2 in July to catch up.

You can also buy a physical copy of volume 1 from amazon for less than $10 and then catch up with issues 6-10 digitally or check if your local comic shop can locate physical issues.

Otherwise, pick up volume 1 now and volume 2 in July to catch up.

Yeah, it's not too long of a wait now. You'll love it, bro.

ZimbAdam

The first TPB just came in the post. God damn, this is the funniest comic book I've read since Nextwave. Cheers, NeoGAF. Wouldn't have found out about this shit if not for this thread.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
CxkLkJW.jpg

HAWKEYE #14

MATT FRACTION (W)
• Annie Wu (A)
Cover by DAVID AJA
• THAT THING THAT HAPPENED TO KATE IN THE ANNUAL IS TOTALLY FOLLOWED UP ON!
• This one has it all! Characters! Plot! Story! Dialogue! Theme! Meaning! Message! Action! A little exposition! Fire! Arrows! Criminals! Neighbors! Large bodies of water! Clients! Cops who don’t care! A system that victimizes the victims! The dog!
• In a broken town where cynicism and apathy has its claws around the throat of the good and decent, LADY HAWKEYE is the only hero you can trust!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Releasing in August. Annie Wu will be drawing, she's the one who did those romance covers in #8.

Slizz

CxkLkJW.jpg

HAWKEYE #14

MATT FRACTION (W)
• Annie Wu (A)
Cover by DAVID AJA
• This one has it all! Characters! Plot! Story! Dialogue! Theme! Meaning! Message! Action! A little exposition! Fire! Arrows! Criminals! Neighbors! Large bodies of water! Clients! Cops who don’t care! A system that victimizes the victims! The dog!
• In a broken town where cynicism and apathy has its claws around the throat of the good and decent, LADY HAWKEYE is the only hero you can trust!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Releasing in August. Annie Wu will be drawing, she's the one who did those romance covers in #8.

I really liked those romance covers, seems to be shaping into an awesome issue.

CxkLkJW.jpg

HAWKEYE #14

MATT FRACTION (W)
• Annie Wu (A)
Cover by DAVID AJA
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Sweet!

Digging the honeycomb theme for this story arc in terms of covers.

CxkLkJW.jpg

HAWKEYE #14

MATT FRACTION (W)
• Annie Wu (A)
Cover by DAVID AJA
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Pizza dog looking badass in the cover.

Duuuuuuuuude nice! Where did you find them and did they have 12.5? ;P

Journey's actually and dunno, didn't ask. Guy actually had a bit of trouble finding them in my size in the stock so I'd call ahead just in case lol.

And thanks! My lazy Hawkguy wardrobe is complete. Now I need some dark black jeans... But that's later.

Quick

Banned
So do I :/

But not sure I have the laissez faire attitude to pull it off.

I have a small collection of Chucks that are pretty "safe", I guess you could say. I wouldn't mind something radical like a purple. :lol

Side note: AVATAR change. Here's a few, I took the best, obvs.

iGjM5oMpd8WH6.png

i2taXiqvHPvIP.png

iD2O3aum6jneO.png

On days when I don't give a shit about the way I look I dress like Clint does. Not hard to pull off jeans, shirt, and shoes.

It's the swagger and the "Man, I am such a fuck up but I'm still gonna get fucking laid tonight" vibe that Clint's got going on that's hard to pull off.

I can achieve the former part of the vibe, but not that latter.

But being a human car crash of a person isn't terribly hard.

I have a small collection of Chucks that are pretty "safe", I guess you could say. I wouldn't mind something radical like a purple. :lol

Side note: AVATAR change. Here's a few, I took the best, obvs.

iGjM5oMpd8WH6.png

i2taXiqvHPvIP.png

iD2O3aum6jneO.png

I'm super-fond of my Clown avatar, but those look awesome.

Had Kate always had a cat?

Quick

Banned
I'm super-fond of my Clown avatar, but those look awesome.

Had Kate always had a cat?

I don't remember her having a cat. Seems legit, though. Hawkeye has Pizza Dog, Hawkeye has...Burger Cat?!

Speaking of yours, I found a transparent version of it on Tumblr. Not sure if you wanted to keep the background, or switch out to a transparent one, but I'll leave it in here anyway.

ihBXFdCx3lf7.png

Top Bottom