• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

Didn't get a chance to head to the comic shop today. Will have to grab it tomorrow.

Matt Fraction said:
• today: H17. Winter Friends. The very last moment of light before the storm. Chris Eliopoulos and Jordie Bellaire and David. Something sweet and silly and light. Because oh fuck —

• next: H18. Friendly Ghost. Kate and the Cat Food Man mystery. It’s been done and gone a while now. Probably out in 30. Annie Wu’s best issue yet. Brutal and smart and gorgeous.

• then: H19. I was up late dotting i’s and crossing t’s with my ASL educator-friend and her deaf daughter last night on this one…

Wait

What

image.php

HAWKEYE2012021-COV-3a1ec.jpg

HAWKEYE #21
MATT FRACTION (W)
ANNIE WU (A)
Cover by DAVID AJA
The Finale, Part 1:
• David. Clint. Barney. The Building. The Tracksuit Draculas. The Clown.
• Ever seen “Rio Bravo?” Check it out, it’s pretty good.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh wait, I think I had the wrong solicit, the last few issues hae been mixed up. This issue's a Katie-Kate issue by Annie Wu, not the sign language one by Aja.

Holy crap, that was a surprisingly dark ending.

Madame Masque murdered Catfood Man and burned down Kate's home and put a hit out on Clint.

Jesus, Kate.

boyd1m5ks5.gif

Zero315

Banned
Dammit! I completely forgot that a new issue came out. The fucked up release schedule really screwed me on keeping track of when these come out.

Fake edit: Wait, I missed two?! wtf?!

Great, dark issue. Poor Cat Food Man, but at least he was able to get out I guess - definitely had that Hotel California vibe when he mentioned that he couldn't leave LA.

Madame Masque putting the hit on Clint, that would relate to his run-in with her in back in issues 5&6 I'll bet. But her burning down Kate's place was like salt on the wound - though at least Lucky survived (Lucky indeed).

Can't wait for the next issue!

neoanarch

Did they just imply that The Valley is not part of LA, those mother fuckers. I am so angry at a comic I can't finish reading this...

haha kidding, like I'd ever stop halfway into a Hawkgal comic.

So I dropped by my local comic shop during my lunch break to pick up the new Hawkguy, and ONLY the new Hawkguy.

I walked out with the first issues of Secret Avengers, Inhumanity, Ghost Rider and the first TPBs of Mark Waid Daredevil and Superior Spider-Man.

For fucks sake

Also, I like how this is the only current series with it's own thread

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So I dropped by my local comic shop during my lunch break to pick up the new Hawkguy, and ONLY the new Hawkguy.

I walked out with the first issues of Secret Avengers, Inhumanity, Ghost Rider and the first TPBs of Mark Waid Daredevil and Superior Spider-Man.

For fucks sake

Also, I like how this is the only current series with it's own thread

No other series has Pizza Dog, Tracksuit Vampires (BRO) or godlike Aja art, that's why.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, this is one of those books where you just want every single person you know to be reading it. So good. See, this is the sort of thing that Marvel are really doing right at the moment, these great solo titles each with their own style. I can't see DC doing anything like this.

8bit

Knows the Score
Dammit! I completely forgot that a new issue came out. The fucked up release schedule really screwed me on keeping track of when these come out.

Fake edit: Wait, I missed two?! wtf?!

Three, issue 24 shipped last week as well. It's a Halloween special.

Top Bottom