• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

Bigfoot

Just finished the second trade and I have some questions...

I'm pretty new to Hawkeye and the Avengers, so in the 9th? issue, who are the 3 girls with cards on their foreheads? They give their real names so I'm just wondering who they are as superheros? Clint says they are Avengers. I think Natasha is Black Widow right? I'm just not sure who his ex-wife is and friend-girl is...

The other question... in the pizza dog issue, I see Pizza dog go off the roof with that thug in one panel and in the next one he is in an apartment with an old lady and the other thugs. Did I miss something? Is my book missing pages?

Too bad there is such a long wait until the next trade. I also notice that it will be missing issue #15. Is it normal for trades to leave out issues?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason

I'm pretty new to Hawkeye and the Avengers, so in the 9th? issue, who are the 3 girls with cards on their foreheads? They give their real names so I'm just wondering who they are as superheros? Clint says they are Avengers. I think Natasha is Black Widow right? I'm just not sure who his ex-wife is and friend-girl is...

Nastasha: Black Widow
Bobbi Morse: Mocking Bird
Jessica Drew: Spider Woman.

Blonde woman is Bobbi Morse, who's known as Mockingbird and is Clint's ex-wife. Natasha is indeed Black Widow and dark-haired woman is Jessica Drew, who's known as Spider-Woman.

The other question... in the pizza dog issue, I see Pizza dog go off the roof with that thug in one panel and in the next one he is in an apartment with an old lady and the other thugs. Did I miss something? Is my book missing pages?

Going to have to re-read the issue as I'm not totally sure what part of the book it's at. :/

Too bad there is such a long wait until the next trade. I also notice that it will be missing issue #15. Is it normal for trades to leave out issues?

Issue #16 was completed before issue #15 (which is coming out this month incidentally) so in this case, yes.

Our favourite human train wreck is almost back...

tumblr_mzgrweSqUA1sqltzeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzgrweSqUA1sqltzeo2_1280.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
“All The Stuff What Goes Unspoke”
Clint issue. David A-HA! on art. Clint and Barney and the world of hearing impairment. The “sign language issue” I’ve spoken about here before. I’ve been working with ASL educators, talking to doctors, VERY EXCITING. Underway now.

Wow.

Also:

“L.A. Woman”
In which we say goodbye to the Reverend Mother Annie Wu and Kate says goodbye to California, because Kieron Gillen kills her in the YOUNG AVENGERS SPECIAL: MARVEL NOW NOW: THE DEATH OF KATE BISHOP: YES, TUMBLR, IT’S FOR REAL.

FUCK THIS SHIT FUCK YOU MARVEL IF THIS IS REAL BUT THIS IS NOT REAL AND I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALA

Here's an update from Fraction via his website:

Hawkguy Flow

Man, the stuff coming up sounds fantastic. This is definitely a book that reads better in trades, with his descriptions of trades 3 and 4. It sucks that 21 and 22 are still so far away, that's the pay-off I've been waiting nearly a year for.

Wow.

Also:

FUCK THIS SHIT FUCK YOU MARVEL IF THIS IS REAL BUT THIS IS NOT REAL AND I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALA

luke-skywalker.gif

Lol, Fraction thought about it.

So I was driving home and something occurred to me that I want to write about real fast, because i am apparently incapable of experiencing moments of learning and NOT sharing it here.
I have been, over time, fond of making jokes about Kieron Gillen killing off Kate Bishop. To me, it’s a joke about cavalierly spoiling another writer’s work and filling that writer’s inbox up with concerned emails and asks. I do this because I love Kieron. He’s one of my dearest friends in comics and out and I am on any given day at any given time in awe of something he’s said or written somewhere. And because Actually Feeling Stuff is hard this is how I show affection. Or at least it was.
For whatever reason I was chewing it over in my head and I started to feel like Lucy with the football. I dunno about you or who you are or what you like but I don’t like feeling like Lucy with the football.
It doesn’t matter what I thought the joke was, it occurs to me that because Kate is Kate and not, say, Karl, it occurs to me that there’s another angle from which to view that joke from that makes it seem… well, mean-spirited. Because this is a thing that comics does to Kates. Frequently.
Which, uh, which is bullshit. And I’m sorry for not sensing that sooner.
So I’m not going to make that joke any more. And I promise nobody’s gonna off Kate so Clint can feel bad about it and do what needs to be done.
Not right now, I mean. Not while she’s carrying that baby.
KIDDING! KIDDING!
Okay, that was the last joke like that. I promise.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Sheeeesh. The odd punctuation made me think it was a joke (LOL TUMBLR JOKE), but my heart still skipped a good couple of beats when I read that.

rakhir

God damn... That was a tough joke.

To be honest, i'm at a point that, if I really had to choose, i'd rather they offed Clint and not Kate. Just sayin'

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think it's very refreshing to see a writer who understands (and even jokes about) how poorly treated are comic-book gals. Between that and his own craft (Sex Criminals is SO GOOD) Fraction is quickly becoming one of my favourite names in funny books.

HAWKEYE2012020_COV.jpg

HAWKEYE #20
MATT FRACTION (W)
ANNIE WU (A)
Cover by DAVID AJA
• KATE-GUY! MADAME MASQUE! LOS ANGELES! EXPLOSIONS! THE END OF SUMMER VACATION! THE FINAL SHOWDOWN FOR ALL THE MARBLES! THE MARBLES ARE A METAPHOR!
• YOU BELONG YOU BELONG YOU BELONG YOU BELONG TO THE MERRY MARBLE MARCHING SOCIETY!
• This is… THE BIG ONE. Fraction and Wu and Hollingsworth too -- OH MY!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Finally, a new Hawkeye with Clint next week.

YAY!

By the way, guys, if you're interested, you should check out the new Black Widow and Punisher titles. If you like Hawkeye, I think you'll like them. They give a similar MU disconnected vibe and feels like these comics could straight up be the best comic shows never made.

Whereas Hawkeye is a dark comedy, Punisher is an action thriller, and Black Widow is a colder espionage show. They're all great.

Shit, you could set all three of these series in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and nothing would be amiss.

Does #17 take place before #15 or after?

Cause... it's gotta take place before. There's no way he's walking around after #15 for a while...

BARNEY FUCKING GUTSHOT, CLINT SHOT IN THE BACK, AND STABBED IN THE EARS WITH THE ARROWS JEEZ HE'S DEAF

How/why do you all know about a deaf issue?

Other than release dates and delays I never know what's coming up. I rike that :)

Matt Fraction has been talking it about it for a while - since last year actually - and he had said around what issue it would be in.

You can follow him on tumblr or on twitter pretty easily and he's always shared his ideas for the series in both places, aside from reading the comic book sites/blogs.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Another spectacular issue. I hope Aja can keep on schedule and sticks around, I don't want to see this series change anytime soon. Just wouldn't be the same without him.

Top Bottom