• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

Who would you guys (re)cast as Hawkeye in that case?

I think Renner's fine though the Hawkeye character was fairly boring in Avengers.

Renner's fine as Hawkeye, just that his role was totally diminished in the movie, to which Whedon's already admitted to.

Conventional-looking? Definitely not considering all the vitriol that's solely directed on his looks alone. But the guy's athletic enough to be Hawkeye so again, I can't see anyone else play the role.

What they should do is a few Marvel One-Shots with Renner as Hawkeye on his days off. You could easily adapt an issue or two as Marvel One-Shots like Item 47 or A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer

Marvel GAF, how's the new Captain Marvel series? I'm looking to start following the Marvel U again with the Marvel Now paperbacks as they start coming out. Anyone able to recommend that and anything else that hasn't been mentioned?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Marvel GAF, how's the new Captain Marvel series? I'm looking to start following the Marvel U again with the Marvel Now paperbacks as they start coming out. Anyone able to recommend that and anything else that hasn't been mentioned?

I have been reading Kelly Sue DeConnick's Cap Marvel and I really like it. Overall a very solid book from back to end, really easy to digest even if you don't know that much about Carol Danvers's backstory.

Acid08

Banned
I like it a lot. The art for the last couple issues had been pretty polarizing though.

do i need to know anything about hawkeye to enjoy this comic? will be me third after Walking Dead and Sage. i have seen the avengers tho.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
do i need to know anything about hawkeye to enjoy this comic? will be me third after Walking Dead and Sage. i have seen the avengers tho.
No. The comic itself jokes about it in the opening credits page.

ugqcrjk.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog

The only thing that I didn't know until reading the comic is that there's a woman called Kate Bishop who uses the name Hawkeye in the Young Avengers, and Clint is her mentor of sorts. You don't really need to know anything else, and I figured that out easily from reading the book. It's really friendly to people who are new to comics in general really, because it's mostly about what he does on his days off from being in the Avengers so doesn't draw on a lot of the wider comic mythology and all that. So no, you don't need to know anything. It's just good.

Edit: Yeah, what that says up there.

anybody know where to buy single, physical issues online? Been having a bitch of a time trying to fill in the issues between the trade and #9 coming out in april

wetflame

Pizza Dog
How old is Kate Bishop supposed to be?

This page confused me a bit.

Late teens/early 20s maybe? I kind of see them as the same age but then I remember that she's a Young Avenger and he's like her mentor, so I guess he's old enough to be her dad or whatever. I think that's what she's getting at there. But the real subtext is that Clint wants to sleep with Spider-Man.

No. The comic itself jokes about it in the opening credits page.

ugqcrjk.png

The only thing that I didn't know until reading the comic is that there's a woman called Kate Bishop who uses the name Hawkeye in the Young Avengers, and Clint is her mentor of sorts. You don't really need to know anything else, and I figured that out easily from reading the book. It's really friendly to people who are new to comics in general really, because it's mostly about what he does on his days off from being in the Avengers so doesn't draw on a lot of the wider comic mythology and all that. So no, you don't need to know anything. It's just good.

Edit: Yeah, what that says up there.

great thanks, appreciate the answers. will buy digitally.

Thanks for the input guys! I have a trip coming up and I need some comics to read. Grabbed Hawkeye, Captain Marvel and Scarlet Spider. Looking forward to the rest of the Marvel Now trades coming in the next few months. :)

- J - D -

Got my trade in from Amazon. I'm excited to dig into it, but I hate that it arrived damaged. Damn you Amazon and your cheap packaging.

Slizz

Lol, I really liked when Kate
searched Clint for the Black Amex
. Got a good laugh when Clint realized it later on.

So... when are they going to bone? Or will they keep things platonic?

Platonic strictly, but I'm sure someone out there has already written the fanfic...

Lol, I really liked when Kate
searched Clint for the Black Amex
. Got a good laugh when Clint realized it later on.

Kate's interactions with Clint are always good, but I think moments when she's checking him out (like in #3) or the moment you just mentioned, they're best as she's still young but isn't above shamelessly teasing him.

Top Bottom