• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoostar 2: In The Movies |OT| It's Not a Tumor!

sCUHb.png

Holy fucking shit, son! Here I am walking like a champ at Best Buy and I see this fucking gem hiding in the middle of nowhere. Talk about release under the radar! This shit deserves an OT! Get TTP up in this bitch!

Title: Yoostar 2: In The Movies
Release Date: NOW!
Platform: PlayStation 3 (PS Eye Required); Xbox 360 (Kinect Required); PC and Mac Bitches!
Official Website: http://www.yoostar.com/

What is Yoostar?
A karaoke-type game that uses the Kinect for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation Eye for the PlayStation 3 to replace actors from television shows & movies with players, who then act and recite the lines to "put themselves in the movie."

Remember the days you pretended to be Arnold and reenact scenes from The Terminator or remember the time you kicked your friend shit loads of time while screaming "This is Sparta!"? Well, now there is a game for that! Originally a facebook game, Yoostar 2 brings the experience to consoles. It has 80 scenes with multiple roles for you and your friends to play, with 100s more available online via DLC.

Feeling cocky and need a massive e-penis: Upload it on facebook for the world to admire or laugh at your Marlon Brando impression.

Features:

kJVQh.png

There's no particular objective besides having a good time. Choose to play a scripted performance, ad-lib or liven up things with a party playlist, play a bunch of scenes back to back and compete with friends. Simply select your scene, select your role, and you're good to go!

2ijTD.png

With prizes by completing and mastering challenges. Unlock bonus video backgrounds and areas to skyrocket your status from struggling actor to A-list celebrity. Each location contains a number of challenges, each one harder than the last.

z6V5N.png

Love a performance? View and rate others' performances, give awards in a host of categories, and become a fan of a particular Yoostar 2 performar and earn fame points.

RQm2D.png

Get scored on your overall performance, script delivery and movement on screen through the magic of Yoostar 2. Get instant feedback, encouraging performing tips and keep track of your best score.

wEb0V.png

Earn up to 144 prizes as you progress through 50 challenges. There are 6 prize types to look out for, and each challenge can award more than one prize!

ZZLt3.png

Enter the Yoostar 2 social community where you can watch scenes posted by other players, view your online profile, see what your friends are posting and catch up on the latest feedback from players on scenes you have posted.

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4FBGyBiD5Y

Reviews: NONE! Don't need one, son! Here's a Giant Bomb playthorugh for the lulz: http://www.giantbomb.com/jeff-and-brad-play-yoostar2/17-3052

List of movies and scenes:

Hollywood Scenes
* 300: This is Sparta! & Tonight we dine in hell!
* Along Came Polly: Me no estas too good.
* American Pie: Stifler's mom.
* Angels and Demons: A Vatican jet is standing by.
* Animal House: You're expelled!
* Apollo 13: Houston, we have a problem.
* Baby Mama: Here come yo' baby mama.
* Beverly Hills Cop: Herpes simplex 10.
* Blazing Saddles: I was born here, and I was raised here.
* The Blues Brothers: It's 106 miles to Chicago.
* Casablanca: Here's looking at you, kid.
* Coming to America: I want to tear you apart.
* CSI: Miami Season 3: Gator bait!
* Employee of the Month: Call an emergency staff meeting!
* Ferris Bueller's Day Off: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
* Forest Gump: It's a household name.
* Frankenstein: It's Alive!
* Godfather: An offer he can't refuse.
* Grease: What's the matter – you afraid?
* The Hangover: One-man wolf pack. & Oh, Lord – it's Mike Tyson
* The Italian Job: I'm Handsome Rob.
* Karate Kid: Wax on, wax off
* Kick Ass: You lookin' at me? & Nobody's tried to be a superhero?
* Kindergarten Cop: It's not a tumor!
* Mad Men Season 1: Enjoying the company of women.
* Meet the Fockers: Look at this! & That weird shrine thing.
* Meet the Parents: Can you deal with that!
* The Mummy: Protect and watch over me.
* Norbit: I haven't touched your seat.
* The Nutty Professor: Dinner with the Klumps.
* The Princess Bride: Tale of the 6-fingered man.
* Rocky: What about my prime, Mick?
* Rocky Balboa: People see me, and they think of you.
* Shaun Of The Dead: Zombie Soundtrack
* Slap Shot: The finer points of hockey.
* The Spiderwick Chronicles: Jared meets Thimbletack
* Stark Trek: The Next Generation Season 3: Locutus of Borg: Resistance is futile.
* Star Trek: The Original Series Season 2: What killed these tribbles?
* Superman Returns: Superman saves an airplane
* The Terminator: I'll be back.
* Tropic Thunder: Agent Pecker on the line. & A sweet, cuddly, vicious little panda!
* Up in Smoke: Anybody got any coffee?
* The Wizard of Oz: Dorothy meets the Scarecrow.

Hollywood Sets
* Clash of the Titans: Defeat the Kraken!
* Gladiator: A gladiator before the cheering masses.
* I Am Legend: I can save you!
* King Kong: The wrath of Kong.
* The Matrix: The One commands 'The Matrix'.
* The Matrix Revolutions: Outmaneuver the Sentinel army.
* Men in Black: Confront the Bug.
* Scarface: Say hello to my little friend.
* Star Trek: The Next Generation: Enterprise-D bridge.
* Top Gun: Flight Simulator.

and many many more!

SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Click here to go crazy in this bitch! http://www.facebook.com/yoostar

onQ123

I don't know about the game but this OP was pretty funny just to read lol

& this game really did slip out with no promotion I was checking it out a while back but didn't even know that it was released

onQ123

Hanmik said:
what the fuck is happening at 0,39 min. ?? the cursor allignment is way of.. she isn´t even pointing at the screen..?

bYni1.jpg

because the Move has a few different pointer modes & I don't think it's being used like a light gun in the menus more like directing which way the cursor moves

parasight

Was quite interested in seeing how fun this may be. I'm probably going to give it a rent, or wait for the inevitable price drops.

Hanmik said:
what the fuck is happening at 0,39 min. ?? the cursor allignment is way of.. she isn´t even pointing at the screen..?

The PS Move is not a Wii despite what some would have you believe.

Virtually every official piece of media for this game is fake. They've filmed the footage with HD cameras in front of a green screen with perfect lighting. In reality it typically looks like this. The best I can find is this guy who put up a big sheet in the background, set up nice lighting and wore contrasting clothing.

The game looks fun, but I don't think it's worth that much work. It's a shame, I really like the concept but I'm not paying full price at this quality. Not to mention playback is in a small window and there is no way to make it full screen.

Reviews -

Game Informer - 6/10
Official Xbox Magazine - 5.5/10

InaudibleWhispa said:
Virtually every official piece of media for this game is fake. They've filmed the footage with HD cameras in front of a green screen with perfect lighting.
Yeah, that is why I posted gameplay video i.e. Giant Bomb and not PR bullshit trailer.

jiy4T.jpg

Game looks neat, although I can see later iterations holding a lot more value. Smart to include DLC, seems obvious but hey, devs can be stupid sometimes

Ive got both versions on my rental list, as i couldnt decide which one would work better and no reviews ive seen will give me an answer. I read a while back the PS Eye is a better camera than kinect camera but i would think kinect may handle poorer light and indentify the player better. Heres hoping some impressions from both console owners might help.

onQ123

InaudibleWhispa said:
Virtually every official piece of media for this game is fake. They've filmed the footage with HD cameras in front of a green screen with perfect lighting. In reality it typically looks like this. The best I can find is this guy who put up a big sheet in the background, set up nice lighting and wore contrasting clothing.

The game looks fun, but I don't think it's worth that much work. It's a shame, I really like the concept but I'm not paying full price at this quality. Not to mention playback is in a small window and there is no way to make it full screen.

Reviews -

Game Informer - 6/10
Official Xbox Magazine - 5.5/10

I wouldn't say it's all fake or using HD cams I think they just used good lighting because Kung fu live can do the background removal & in the right lighting the PS-Eye & Kinect video quality is close to what I've seen in these videos & I'm pretty sure if this game is about putting you in the movies that they would have better tech then kung fu live for placing your image in the game

2zodopz.jpg

14ily0p.jpg

izvtjd.jpg

2mds2s1.jpg

Edit: I just seen the videos that you might be talking about & yeah they are fake lol I thought you was talking about the videos the devs was putting out.

onQ123

smallios74 said:
Ive got both versions on my rental list, as i couldnt decide which one would work better and no reviews ive seen will give me an answer. I read a while back the PS Eye is a better camera than kinect camera but i would think kinect may handle poorer light and indentify the player better. Heres hoping some impressions from both console owners might help.

in some videos the PS-Eye had a better look to them but I remember reading a preview where they say the Kinect had the better video, so yeah I think your best bet would be to check it out yourself because kinect should work better in most lighting situations & backgrounds.

Oni Jazar

I rented this and had some fun with it. The biggest problem is that it can be a pain to link your game to the website (& facebook & youtube) and that there's just not enough scenes. You need like 100+ scenes for a game like this to be really satisfying.

Here are the ones I did:

This is Sparta
http://playground.yoostar.com/detail.action?id=49258

I'll be back
http://playground.yoostar.com/detail.action?id=49300

It's not a Tumor!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltp2PQYIAYo

This was the PS3 version. You don't need a move just a PS Eye.

Top Bottom