• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can't directly edit your moveset in Def Jam?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
From 1up.com

"The character edit system is substantial, even though it's also going to make pro wrestling fans throw back their heads and howl. Their most likely beef: there's no way to directly edit a character's moveset. "

<sigh>

Matlock

Banned
I thought that was known from day one: your moves are pretty much determined by what fighting styles you choose.

DarienA

Matlock said:
I thought that was known from day one: your moves are pretty much determined by what fighting styles you choose.

I don't know how I missed that part.... still at least you can combined styles which gives you a mix and match of moves... but... ugh... so close....

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
You are able to select your burning move though, right?

Since your moveset is determined largely by your fighting style, though, won't most fighters be almost identical save for their finishers?

DarienA

Minotauro said:
You are able to select your burning move though, right?

Since your moveset is determined largely by your fighting style, though, won't most fighters be almost identical save for their finishers?

You can select your own burning moves up to 4, and you are able to give your fighter multiple fighting styles at once... apparently all the moves in each style aren't available from the beginning though... that makes it sound like it's similar to the Smackdown way where depending on your stats in certain categories certain levels of moves would be able... but I guess we'll have to see.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
In my opinion, the strength of Aki's engine has never really been in the options anyway. The crispness and the quality of the animation have always been drawn what have drawn me to the series.

Oh, well, no worries. King of Colosseum 2 is due next week anyway and should remove all my want for another wrestling game for months anyway.

Top Bottom