• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Tsukiyumi has boosted my search ability by a lot after I play Terraforming + add/play Necrovalley + Flip A Cat of Ill Omen to add a trap + then lay down traps + use Tsukiyumi to set it face-down = rinse repeat. It has helped my Malefic/Gravekeeper/SkillDrain deck.

Wiseblade

At first I was using tsukuyomi to deal with TKRO for my spellbook deck, but I found that Strength of prophecy did the job better, and boosting to 2000 ATK was much better against Rock Stun.

Wiseblade

Hmm... A FIRE/Beast-Warrior archetype based around continuous spells/traps, with their own Rekindling substitute. The four monsters revealed so far aren't really enough to say anything definitively, but the prospects don't really look good with MST at 3 and Heavy Storm legal. Unless the Spells/Traps have some effect that triggers when they are destroyed...

New Tournament Packs Called "Astral Pack 1"
250688_10151004131596511_820491228_n.jpg

wanders

I was so confused when my brother showed me the Prophecy Destroyer tin. I seriously thought that was a MTG card lol

Wiseblade

So many Tins I need to buy...

I really should hurry up and buy the Excalibur and Dolkka tins so I can finish my IRL Jurrac deck and make people cry at locals.

Oh man I remember the golden days of Yugioh when everyone used to play it. I still have my old deck of cards aswel as my bro. We play it from time to time.

I remember buying the Slipher god card for 30 euros and selling it back for a lot more.

Alright can YugiohGAF can help me with a dueling dilemma.

My friend runs a Fortune Lady Deck. He uses Lady Light and uses Genex Ally Bird Mans Effect to SS by returning a monster from the field to the hand and returns Lady Light.

"Once Lady Light is removed from the field she is able to SS 1 fortune lady from the deck to the field."

He then uses Lady Lights effect by SS Lady Earth from his deck to the field.

Is this allowed in TCG ruling?

Razek

Banned
Alright can YugiohGAF can help me with a dueling dilemma.

My friend runs a Fortune Lady Deck. He uses Lady Light and uses Genex Ally Bird Mans Effect to SS by returning a monster from the field to the hand and returns Lady Light.

"Once Lady Light is removed from the field she is able to SS 1 fortune lady from the deck to the field."

He then uses Lady Lights effect by SS Lady Earth from his deck to the field.

Is this allowed in TCG ruling?

It's a cost, so no.

Wiseblade

300px-Rekindling-TU03-EN-SR-UE.png

Time to bring this thread back!

We're a month into the new format, so what does everyone think? Personally I like things as they are. There are obnoxious decks around, but at least now they've been toned down to the point that effective side-decking can net a win. I can only hope the next format moves to a point where Game 1 actually feels fair.

Kokonoe

Banned
When I created this thread, I figured there would be more discussion about the show and video games, bit it appears it's mainly been about the card game itself. I know part of the popularity of this thread is dwindled because it was never in OT, but I can't help up but think that this thread would have been better off not created as Wiseblade has a thread about the card games specifically.

Well, either way, this reminds me I need to marathon Yu-Gi-Oh! this weekend.

Wiseblade

When I created this thread, I figured there would be more discussion about the show and video games, bit it appears it's mainly been about the card game itself. I know part of the popularity of this thread is dwindled because it was never in OT, but I can't help up but think that this thread would have been better off not created as Wiseblade has a thread about the card games specifically.

Well, either way, this reminds me I need to marathon Yu-Gi-Oh! this weekend.

I think that's got more to do with there being no new videogame releases in over a year and Zexal... being Zexal. Unless you want to wax nostalgic about the YGO anime, there's not much to discuss outside of the card game itself.

gibration

Time to bring this thread back!

We're a month into the new format, so what does everyone think? Personally I like things as they are. There are obnoxious decks around, but at least now they've been toned down to the point that effective side-decking can net a win. I can only hope the next format moves to a point where Game 1 actually feels fair.

This is by far my favorite format in quite some time. We're seeing some very creative decks out there and it's good to see this game be more diverse. What's also great is that decks are becoming more affordable with card reprints allowing many others to potentially top and show off their cool and unique deck. There's still a couple of cards i'd wish they hit but it's an definite improvement from last format.

uh, isn't MSRP on that 29.99? I have seen tons of them at Target and Walmart the past week, was thinking of grabbing one
Opps typo. You're correct sir haha but yeah its a great deal. Got A Lot of good old school and a few new cards but the amount per value of cards obtained are worth more than what was spent for the collection 3 set. Recommend getting a set and have considered of buying another :)

I have a question about the YGO 5Ds show. Why didn't the US version continued with the series?

Opps typo. You're correct sir haha but yeah its a great deal. Got A Lot of good old school and a few new cards but the amount per value of cards obtained are worth more than what was spent for the collection 3 set. Recommend getting a set and have considered of buying another :)

I have a question about the YGO 5Ds show. Why didn't the US version continued with the series?

i'll double your ante and ask for gx

wanders

So its pretty crazy how greatly automated YGOPRO is... I means thats alot of coding, makes you wonder how they did it.
Basically im wondering if they stole the code from Yugioh Online lol

Wiseblade

So its pretty crazy how greatly automated YGOPRO is... I means thats alot of coding, makes you wonder how they did it.
Basically im wondering if they stole the code from Yugioh Online lol

IIRC, it uses the code from an older dueling simulator which sole its code from a PC game Konami put out years ago.

bigkrev

Based on a current topic of discussion in MTG GAF, I have a question for you guys.

Maxx C was a 100+ card that was a multiple of in most top sidedecks at the beginning of this year. It has now been reprinted in a mass market available (in 6 months, I'll still be able to walk into Walmart or Target and grab a tin) 20 dollar product, with the single retailing for under 10 bucks. I know that cards like Wind Up Zenmarines and Pot of Duality were in similar situations with tins. How does this make you feel? To go from dropping 200 dollars on your sidedeck to not even a year later having that same option available for under 30 bucks?

Based on a current topic of discussion in MTG GAF, I have a question for you guys.

Maxx C was a 100+ card that was a multiple of in most top sidedecks at the beginning of this year. It has now been reprinted in a mass market available (in 6 months, I'll still be able to walk into Walmart or Target and grab a tin) 20 dollar product, with the single retailing for under 10 bucks. I know that cards like Wind Up Zenmarines and Pot of Duality were in similar situations with tins. How does this make you feel? To go from dropping 200 dollars on your sidedeck to not even a year later having that same option available for under 30 bucks?

You still had the card before most other people did, which gave you an advantage and possibly helped you win tournaments. For hardcore tournament players it's not that big a deal, but for collectors it's a shot to the gut. I knew a dude who was collecting foil Mechanical Chasers back when they were only available in tournament packs. Once they became commons, he quit collecting them, and collecting in general. Mentioned something along the lines of how "it was bullshit that they were so easy to get now."

Wiseblade

Making highly sought after generic cards more readily accessible can only be a good thing. If you paid some obscene amount of money for Tour Guide/Duality/Maxx "C" then that's your own problem. It's not like people were forced to buy the cards at those prices at gunpoint.

bigkrev

Making highly sought after generic cards more readily accessible can only be a good thing. If you paid some obscene amount of money for Tour Guide/Duality/Maxx "C" then that's your own problem. It's not like people were forced to buy the cards at those prices at gunpoint.

You still had the card before most other people did, which gave you an advantage and possibly helped you win tournaments. For hardcore tournament players it's not that big a deal, but for collectors it's a shot to the gut. I knew a dude who was collecting foil Mechanical Chasers back when they were only available in tournament packs. Once they became commons, he quit collecting them, and collecting in general. Mentioned something along the lines of how "it was bullshit that they were so easy to get now."

Thanks for the feedback. I guess part of it is that as a YGO player, accepting the fact that there are going to be tournament legal cards worth over 100$ with some regularity, but knowing that they will likely be reprinted. Card Trooper and Cyber-Stein probably also fall on this list.

Wiseblade

Thanks for the feedback. I guess part of it is that as a YGO player, accepting the fact that there are going to be tournament legal cards worth over 100$ with some regularity, but knowing that they will likely be reprinted. Card Trooper and Cyber-Stein probably also fall on this list.

Pretty much. Althought the "accepting the fact that there are going to be tournament legal cards worth over 100$ with some regularity" part hit me right in the feel bads.

Are there different reprints in the Spanish one?

no, but there are different packs

spanish:
1 order of chaos
3 galactic overlord
1 return of the duelist

english:
1 photon shockwave
2 order of chaos
2 galactic overlord

dunno why, probably stock issues.

Also, i'm building a prophecy deck based on the empress, but it-s damn near impossible, i wanna fit in fortuneladies but the deck goes up to like 50 cards or 55 if i stick protection in there :/

Wiseblade

no, but there are different packs

spanish:
1 order of chaos
3 galactic overlord
1 return of the duelist

english:
1 photon shockwave
2 order of chaos
2 galactic overlord

dunno why, probably stock issues.Also, i'm building a prophecy deck based on the empress, but it-s damn near impossible, i wanna fit in fortuneladies but the deck goes up to like 50 cards or 55 if i stick protection in there :/
Empress and Fortune Ladies is going to be a really tight fit no materr what you do. I'd suggest focusing on just one (FL) and building your deck around that.

I'm going to Seattle YCS this Friday-Saturday.

I'm worried about Abyss/Mermails.

I am running Six Samurai. :)

Abyss Dweller in the Extra Deck. Soul Drain in the side deck. Or you could play a D.Fissure Samurai deck and not have to worry at all.

Wiseblade

So, YCS Seattle...

Konami's TCG blog just posted the results of a survey they did on participants of the event on whether they thought Madolche, Prophecy/Spellbooks and Mermails would get top 32 at the event. The results were pretty predictable:

Pretty much reflected in the fact that Madolche cardss are dirt cheap, while the power cards in Prophecy and Mermails are pretty costly.

bigkrev

Decade Duel plus makes me even more angry we don't have a 3DS or Vita game announced yet... the first DS game was less than a year after the system launched I think, so there are no excuses anymore. Give me WC 2013!

I'll post my profile deck eventually here. Trying to build a Tier 1 Deck. It consists majority of Yusie Cards (no joke) & Chaos Dragons.

Bought this for my bro a birthday/christmas present.
UoEMB.jpg

Also, planning on creating a YGO/MTG card shop business (with partners).

wanders

I'll post my profile deck eventually here. Trying to build a Tier 1 Deck. It consists majority of Yusie Cards (no joke) & Chaos Dragons.

Bought this for my bro a birthday/christmas present.
UoEMB.jpg

Also, planning on creating a YGO/MTG card shop business (with partners).

Good luck on your CCG shop endeavours! I always wanted to own one...

Top Bottom