• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Wiseblade

I'm perfectly happy with TKRO getting hit. Whoever decided to put both of those effects on a 1900 ATK, LIGHT Monster needs to be fired. Smoke Signal needed to be unlimited so Samurai can spam Shi En and Naturia Beast/Barkion to serve as a counter to Prophecy and Fire Fist.

Big One

Banned
Official banlist (March 2013):

gdCASxt.jpg

Banned:
Sangan
Wind-up Carrier Zenmaity

Limited:
Wind-up Magician
One Day of Peace
Solemn Warning

Semi-limited:
Tsukuyomi
Thunder King Rai-oh
Advanced Ritual Art

Unlimited:
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Spore
Shien's Smoke Signal
Mind Crush

Some new cards from Judgment of the Light:

EZOVaD3.jpg

Official banlist (March 2013):

gdCASxt.jpg

Banned:
Sangan
Wind-up Carrier Zenmaity

Limited:
Wind-up Magician
One Day of Peace
Solemn Warning

Semi-limited:
Tsukuyomi
Thunder King Rai-oh
Advanced Ritual Art

Unlimited:
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Spore
Shien's Smoke Signal
Mind Crush

Some new cards from Judgment of the Light:

EZOVaD3.jpg
I'm okay with Sangan being banned and Lumina being unlimited :)

Also, holy hell at Mist Bird Synchro. Make it limited or banned. Its effect is ridiculous, imo.

Wiseblade

I'm okay with Sangan being banned and Lumina being unlimited :)

Also, holy hell at Mist Bird Synchro. Make it limited or banned. Its effect is ridiculous, imo.

What are you talking about? That effect isn't limitworthy. Radiant Photon Paradios has a permanent version of the same effect, 2000 ATK and lets you draw a card when it's destroyed.

The card is useless on the field by itself and 2300 DEF with no way to protect itself isn't hard for most decks to get past.

What are you talking about? That effect isn't limitworthy. Radiant Photon Paradios has a permanent version of the same effect, 2000 ATK and lets you draw a card when it's destroyed.

The card is useless on the field by itself and 2300 DEF with no way to protect itself isn't hard for most decks to get past.
Book of Moon and/or Tsyukuyomi on Mist Bird, use effect again. Twice or more in 1 turn.

I don't believe you can do this with XYZ's...

Wiseblade

Book of Moon and/or Tsyukuyomi on Mist Bird, use effect again. Twice or more in 1 turn.

I don't believe you can do this with XYZ's...

1) You can't do that the turn you summon the card.

2) Even if you do, you need to have other monsters on the field to destroy theirs by battle that turn. If you use Mirror Force on an attacking Paradios then your monster is still stuck at 0 ATK. Mirror Force against mist bird and your card goes back to normal the next turn.

1) You can't do that the turn you summon the card.

2) Even if you do, you need to have other monsters on the field to destroy theirs by battle that turn. If you use Mirror Force on an attacking Paradios then your monster is still stuck at 0 ATK. Mirror Force against mist bird and your card goes back to normal the next turn.
Why Not?

SS Mist Bird. Use Its Effect. Flip It face-down by card effect. Then Flip Summon or Flipped face up by card effect. Reuse effect again.

I get what you're saying about Paradios's Permanent effect. But once he's facedown, it loses its attachments and cant reuse its effects once there isn't anything to detach, if im not incorrect.

Both cards have their strengths and weaknesses and can be played differently.

Btw, I was exaggerating on it being banned/limited. Just thought my overreaction would spark a laugh at least b'cuz of the new "powerful" synchros news.

Wiseblade

Why Not?

SS Mist Bird. Use Its Effect. Flip It face-down by card effect. Then Flip Summon or Flipped face up by card effect. Reuse effect again.

I get what you're saying about Paradios's Permanent effect. But once he's facedown, it loses its attachments and cant reuse its effects once there isn't anything to detach, if im not incorrect.

Both cards have their strengths and weaknesses and can be played differently.

Btw, I was exaggerating on it being banned/limited. Just thought my overreaction would spark a laugh at least b'cuz of the new "powerful" synchros news.

You can't flip summon a monster that's was summoned that turn.

You can't flip summon a monster that's was summoned that turn.
What im saying is Special Summon Mist Bird.
Use Its Effect.
Then, use either Book of Moon/Tsyukuyomi to place it facedown.
Flip summon Mist Bird and reuse his effect again.
I already know you can't re-flip summon twice or more in one turn with the same monster.

You can apply this same combo with Choas Sorcerer, BLS, Etc.

There's no ruling saying I cannot do exactly this unless by official rules or by card description saying so.

What im saying is Special Summon Mist Bird.
Use Its Effect.
Then, use either Book of Moon/Tsyukuyomi to place it facedown.
Flip summon Mist Bird and reuse his effect again.
I already know you can't re-flip summon twice or more in one turn with the same monster.

You can apply this same combo with Choas Sorcerer, BLS, Etc.

There's no ruling saying I cannot do exactly this unless by official rules or by card description saying so.

WiseBlade is correct, you cannot change positions of a monster that was just summoned this turn, outside of card effects.

The update for Decade Duels on XBLA was pretty sweet. I already had DD so I just had to download the update and boom, new cards and shit.

OCG Spellbooks have so much Search Power, what deck can stop them?

TsOuxji.png

Help make this deck even more broken. Does it need to stay at 40 cards, Chaos Sorcerer/Black Luster Solder, Starlight Road, anything more broken cards?

Wiseblade

OCG Spellbooks have so much Search Power, what deck can stop them?

TsOuxji.png

Help make this deck even more broken. Does it need to stay at 40 cards, Chaos Sorcerer/Black Luster Solder, Starlight Road, anything more broken cards?

Six Samurai for starters, Summoning Shi En/Naturia Beast and just sitting behind copious amounts of backrow. I know that pain all too well...

Big One

Banned
First large tournament post Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy in Japan:

日時:2月17日
地域:東京都大田区
形式:トーナメント6回戦
定員:192名(64チーム)

<Winner>
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 4-1-1
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 6-0
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 4-2

<Second>
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 5-1
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 2-4

<Third>
&#12304;Fire Fist&#12305; 5-1
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 3-3

<Fourth>
&#12304;Six Samurai&#12305; 4-2
&#12304;Dragunity&#12305; 4-2
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 1-5

Translated the important parts, holy karp.

Wiseblade

First large tournament post Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy in Japan:

&#26085;&#26178;:2&#26376;17&#26085;
&#22320;&#22495;:&#26481;&#20140;&#37117;&#22823;&#30000;&#21306;
&#24418;&#24335;:&#12488;&#12540;&#12490;&#12513;&#12531;&#12488;6&#22238;&#25126;
&#23450;&#21729;:192&#21517;(64&#12481;&#12540;&#12512;)

<Winner>
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 4-1-1
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 6-0
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 4-2

<Second>
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 2-4

<Third>
&#12304;Fire Fist&#12305; 5-1
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 3-3

<Fourth>
&#12304;Six Samurai&#12305; 4-2
&#12304;Dragunity&#12305; 4-2
&#12304;Prophecy&#12305; 1-5

Translated the important parts, holy karp.

IT BEGINS

Jr3yfxK.png

R/F Eclipse Incarnate Dragons

I find Snipe Hunter to be a very good side card. Helps against Evilswarm Orphion, Iron Imperial Wall on the top of my head.

I might have to put in more baby dragons to make use of Super Rejuvenation. The discard effect of Baby Dragons gets you 2 cards from Super Rejuvenation.

Kokonoe

Banned
Whoa, I just heard Decade Duels Plus has 2,000 cards instead of the originals 1,000 cards, is this true?

-edit-

It's true, but it actually has 3839 cards! Awesome. Although it looks like the old dated banlist is still there.. Although it seems like they changed something, you can only use 1 Dark Strike Fighter now instead of 3 (unless I'm remembering wrong). However, this game has a lot of broken cards limited.

Brain Control
Crush Card Virus (something tells me I should put this in a Yubel deck to be devious)

I'll update the OP with better better details about decade duels later.

Dark Magician is in! woo!

-EDIT-

It has Vennominaga now!? Gosh yeah! this game is actually decent now if you have all the cards. (otherwise it's still an awful grindfest)

I gotta say after being a longtime Xerocreative YVD! player and spending time with the demo Decade Duels is a pretty damn good game. Gets annoying with menus but at least they prompt you quick.

Also what is that strange show Takao listed? I don't believe I've ever seen it before :D

So the last time I played was before One day of peace was limited. What has changed since then? Any new cards/decks arise? Any new cards that benefit anticure decks?

Wiseblade

What's a good synchro deck that can combat the Dragunity synchro deck?

It has to be a synchro deck? Hmm...

Well, Six Samurai can slap almost anything around if they open well. There's no way Dragon Ravine is hitting the field with Shi En/Naturia Beast around and Legendary Enishi can easily interrupt their plays.

Anything that can make the level 8 Crimson Blader has a chance, since pretty much all of their plays involve summoning high level monsters.

There are a bunch of other Non-Synchro options too, like Evilswarm, Dino-Rabbit/Evols/Jurracs, Constellar... And any deck with ample monster effect negation should do adequately.

Hidden Arsenal 7 Xyz Evilswarms look great.
To bad half of them require "lswarm" material which I have 0. The rest mainly uses 2 lvl 4 Darks that comes with Boss effects.

The Blue Eyes Synchro Structure seems interesting to invest on btw.
522152_10151305267206511_1783607271_n.jpg

Blue Eyes Silver Dragon level 9 synchro 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Normal Monsters If this card is Special Summoned: Until the end of the next turn, Dragon-Type monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can target 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

Also watched Yugioh Zexal series very recently since watching the first few beginning episodes awhile back and lost interest, but now it's starting to pickup except the current sorta villain is lame imo.

Kokonoe

Banned
Hidden Arsenal 7 Xyz Evilswarms look great.
To bad half of them require "lswarm" material which I have 0. The rest mainly uses 2 lvl 4 Darks that comes with Boss effects.

The Blue Eyes Synchro Structure seems interesting to invest on btw.
522152_10151305267206511_1783607271_n.jpg

Blue Eyes Silver Dragon level 9 synchro 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Normal Monsters If this card is Special Summoned: Until the end of the next turn, Dragon-Type monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can target 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

Also watched Yugioh Zexal series very recently since watching the first few beginning episodes awhile back and lost interest, but now it's starting to pickup except the current sorta villain is lame imo.

Wow, awesome. Is there a Dark Magician one coming out?

Wiseblade

So Konami apparently recently updated their card database so that people with COSSY IDs can save/share decklists and post have/wish lists. I like it more than the other deckbuilding databases I've seen.

Thanks for the recommendations, but I think I might pick up a structure deck. I have a couple of eBay bucks to spend. I'm looking for a structure deck with Synchros. I was researching the Six Samurai deck, but I'd like to know some of your ideas.

Wiseblade

Thanks for the recommendations, but I think I might pick up a structure deck. I have a couple of eBay bucks to spend. I'm looking for a structure deck with Synchros. I was researching the Six Samurai deck, but I'd like to know some of your ideas.

None of the structure decks have synchros in them. If you buy the Six Samurai deck, you'll have to hunt down a Legendary Shi En seperately. Not that it'd be hard, they're pretty cheap and freely available.

None of the structure decks have synchros in them. If you buy the Six Samurai deck, you'll have to hunt down a Legendary Shi En seperately. Not that it'd be hard, they're pretty cheap and freely available.
I'd love to get that, but I have a friend already getting it. I'd like to have a deck not similar to his. :p

thetechkid

So somehow everyone seems to be getting Draccosack and Judgement but I can't find a dam Number 107. Also is there going to be a special edition of it set because it seems like all of the last few sets got one but I can't find anything on this set.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So my friends and I usually do Magic drafts, but we'd really like to do a Yugioh one next week.

Any suggestions on the best way to go about doing this? Or is sealed format better for Yugioh? We also don't want to spend too much money.

EDIT: Guess I might just buy a battle pack 2?

wanders

So my friends and I usually do Magic drafts, but we'd really like to do a Yugioh one next week.

Any suggestions on the best way to go about doing this? Or is sealed format better for Yugioh? We also don't want to spend too much money.

EDIT: Guess I might just buy a battle pack 2?

I've seen battle pack 2 boxes for 50 on eBay, I believe 60 is the regular price.

But yeah sealed, especially battle packs, is the only way to go.

Bought 15 packs of Battle Pack 2: Some pretty good cards that came out of them were Forbidden Dress, CardCar D, Kycoo, Card Trooper.

Picked up a Secret Rare Red Nova Dragon for $6.

Top Bottom