• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Good luck on your CCG shop endeavours! I always wanted to own one...
Thank you! :)

Starting as of tomorrow we're out to acquire product and setting up shop in Kingman, AZ.

Also, Happy New Year YGOGAF!

---

I'm thinking of applying to become an official YGO Judge. Need to learn up on how, asap.

Spellbooks/Prophecies are going to dominate once this card comes out.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Judgment_of_the_Spellbooks

During the End Phase of the turn you activated this card: Add any number of "Spellbook" Spell Cards from your Deck to your hand, except "Divine Judgment of the Spellbooks", up to the number of Spell Cards activated this turn after the activation of this card, then Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster with a Level less than or equal to the number of cards you added to your hand this way, from your Deck. You can only activate "Divine Judgment of the Spellbooks" once per turn.

Wiseblade

Spellbooks/Prophecies are going to dominate once this card comes out.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Judgment_of_the_Spellbooks

During the End Phase of the turn you activated this card: Add any number of "Spellbook" Spell Cards from your Deck to your hand, except "Divine Judgment of the Spellbooks", up to the number of Spell Cards activated this turn after the activation of this card, then Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster with a Level less than or equal to the number of cards you added to your hand this way, from your Deck. You can only activate "Divine Judgment of the Spellbooks" once per turn.

Slow down there, it's not that good. It only counts spell cards used after it's activated, so you can't just drop it at the end of the turn a get a bunch of plusses. However, and hand Judgment+Spellbook of Secrets + any third Spellbook will easily set up a High Priestess summon the next turn and the potential maximum benefits get a little crazy.

But because searching for it is like the worst thing ever, I expect people to play three copies in the hopes of drawing into one before they make any big play. Which I guess will be balanced out by all the Judgment/Life/Eternity hands people will be bound to get.

Slow down there, it's not that good. It only counts spell cards used after it's activated, so you can't just drop it at the end of the turn a get a bunch of plusses. However, and hand Judgment+Spellbook of Secrets + any third Spellbook will easily set up a High Priestess summon the next turn and the potential maximum benefits get a little crazy.

But because searching for it is like the worst thing ever, I expect people to play three copies in the hopes of drawing into one before they make any big play. Which I guess will be balanced out by all the Judgment/Life/Eternity hands people will be bound to get.

The thing is that whatever it happens, it lets you choose from the deck, and it quickly becomes a +1 or a +2. Whatever card that triggers the "activated a spellbook" is good in my books.

Let's see, a power play:

normal summon fool (send 1 to the grave)
activate judgement (2 books in grave)
activate secrets, search for book of the master (3)
master, search for power, activate power (4)
search for wisdom, activate wisdom (in case of awesome battle)(5)

end turn: tribute fool, bring reaper, 5 cards with different name, special summon a delg or destroyer. search for 4 books to hand. done.

don't know you bro, but first turn "that" is a lot of advantage.

thetechkid

Did anyone go to the Cosmo sneak? I managed to get a few of the smaller cards I needed but mostly just helped out my friends who are building fire fist decks.

Did anyone go to the Cosmo sneak? I managed to get a few of the smaller cards I needed but mostly just helped out my friends who are building fire fist decks.

i have two of the xyz emperor flame fist (one in spanish and one in english) that i wanna get rid of :p

do you have trades? ebay?

Wiseblade

Went to the CBLZ sneak yesterday, the only decent card I pulled was the Noble Knight Xyz. But I also won the mat in the raffle, so there's that.

The thing is that whatever it happens, it lets you choose from the deck, and it quickly becomes a +1 or a +2. Whatever card that triggers the "activated a spellbook" is good in my books.

Let's see, a power play:

normal summon fool (send 1 to the grave)
activate judgement (2 books in grave)
activate secrets, search for book of the master (3)
master, search for power, activate power (4)
search for wisdom, activate wisdom (in case of awesome battle)(5)

end turn: tribute fool, bring reaper, 5 cards with different name, special summon a delg or destroyer. search for 4 books to hand. done.

don't know you bro, but first turn "that" is a lot of advantage.

Yeah, but that's a 4-card combo. You'd need

Fool
Judgment
Secrets
A fourth Spellbook to make The Master live.

And those hands aren't really common enough to justify a card that does nothing by itself.

Acrylic7

I just realized I cant have 3 Legendary Oceans and 1 Umi in my deck:/
Kinda ruins my water deck.

Also can anyone tell me why Mermail Abyssmegalois is so expensive? I got it out of pack, as soon as Abyss Rising was released and just recently found out about the price.

I was thinking about selling it for a Cosmo Blazer Box.

Wiseblade

I just realized I cant have 3 Legendary Oceans and 1 Umi in my deck:/
Kinda ruins my water deck.

Also can anyone tell me why Mermail Abyssmegalois is so expensive? I got it out of pack, as soon as Abyss Rising was released and just recently found out about the price.

I was thinking about selling it for a Cosmo Blazer Box.

Mermails are going roughly toe-to-toe with Wind-Ups for the best deck of the format and you pretty much need three Abyssmegalos to run the deck.

Wiseblade

How well does your basic Six Samurai deck with Shadow of Shi-En and Legendary Shi-En hold up these days?

It does OK. Legendary Shi En isn't quite as powerful as it once was, with so many decks running mostly on monster effects and more destruction doing the rounds compared to 2 years ago. But when Six Samurai start off strong, they still put even the most popular decks under pressure.

thetechkid

So I got a question about buying the mangas online. If I get the volumes on Amazon will I get the promo cards that are included with them?

Big One

Banned
Harpie Dancer and Divine Wind (two card) FTK

01.gif

thetechkid

not the old ones. You technically have to preorder to get the cards. If you want the mangas, you'd better get them used.

I want the old ones too, but for the news ones that aren't out yet I want to know if I preorder it on amazon will I be able to get the cards? My local Barnes and Noble only ever has the mangas with the cards ripped out.

Kokonoe

Banned
I may just have to get into cardfight vanguard since that's the only card game coming out to 3DS this year (although in Japan in April)

Westlo

I may just have to get into cardfight vanguard since that's the only card game coming out to 3DS this year (although in Japan in April)

Vanguards pretty fun to play, personally prefer it to Yugioh. Wish there was a online version for the Pc...

My Deck Profile: Yusie/Chaos Dragons:

Main Deck
20 Monsters:
1x Level Eater
1x Boost Warrior
1x Unknown Synchron
1x Quillbolt Hedgehog
1x DoppleWarrior
1x DarkFlare Dragon
1x Grand Mole
1x Eclipse Wyvern
1x Chaos Sorcerer
1x Junk Synchron
1x Rockstone Warrior
1x Sangan
1x Dark Armed Dragon
1x LightPulsar Dragon
1x Cyber Dragon
1x Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1x Genex Ally Birdman
1x Stardust Xiaolong
1x Debris Dragon
1x Vice Dragon

10 Spells:
1x one for one
1x Heavy Storm
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
1x Allure of Darkness
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Reasoning
1x Monster Gate
2x Mystical Space Typhoon

10 Traps:
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Starlight Road
1x Scrap Iron Scarecrow
1x Mirrorforce
2x Complusory Evacuation Device
2x Bottomless Traphole
2x Call of the Haunted

15 Side Deck:
1x Majestic Dragon
1x Foolish Burial
2x Effect Vieler
1x Scrubbed Raid
1x Reasoning
1x Book of Moon
1x Tsyukuyomi
1x Prime Material Dragon
1x Nitro Synchron
1x Turbo Synchron
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Polymerization
1x Dragons Mirror
1x Return from the Different Dimension

Extra Deck:
2x Stardust Dragon
1x Formula Synchron
1x Shooting Star Dragon
1x Void Ogre Dragon
1x Junk Gardna
1x Armory Arm
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Nitro Warrior
1x Junk Warrior
1x Majestic Star Dragon
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Wind-up Zenmaines
1x Dragon Knight Draco Equiste
1x 5-Headed Dragon

These are what I could only acquire for now, but I haven't tested it on Duel Network. Could someone test it out and suggest what I can change up with its Weaknesses.

Its, imo, a pretty good build and withstood against my Malefic Deck. Thanks YGOGAF! :)

Wiseblade

Why no new Yugioh games?

Because apparently Konami hates money. Although they got me to build the most expensive deck around IRL, so they must be doing something right.

Also...

With a month left in the September 2012 Format, what did everyone think of it? Personally, I enjoyed it outside of Mermails and Wind-Ups. Chaos Dragons, Dino Rabbit and even Inzektors are far more manageable in their current state, even if their most powerful plays are largely intact. Fire Fists in their current state are a reasonable control deck, same with Madolche. Although I'm probably biased to have a favourable opinion of the format considering my recent winning streak. I'm not looking forward to the next one though, at all. Between Hidden Arsenal 7 boosting Gadgets and lauching Constellars and Evilswarm, LTGY taking the limiters off Prophecy, Fire Fist and Madolche, it's going to be a mess. Then there's that 2-card Harpie OTK to worry about too. Oh, joy.

But who knows? Maybe Divine Judgment of the Spellbooks has a different card text than people are expecting. Maybe Fire Fist and Madolche won't be that powerful. Maybe Gadgets, Constellars and Evilswarm will get hit hard by the banlist. Maybe Konami will finally take a look at Divine Wind of Mist Valley. Maybe.

MikeMyers

*Randomly Debuts here*

Hey does anyone know if I can find some YGO games for PS3? I';ve been looking around, but no success.

Wiseblade

R/F My Post Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy Fire Fist Deck

242826Capturedcran20130211184847.png
Wait, no copies of Gorilla? and do you really need three copies of Spirit, Chicken and Panther? I suggest taking out a Panther and a chicken for to Gorillas. You might not get the level 3 engine going as quickly, but it'll give you a searchable out to your opponent's backrow.

Wait, no copies of Gorilla? and do you really need three copies of Spirit, Chicken and Panther? I suggest taking out a Panther and a chicken for to Gorillas. You might not get the level 3 engine going as quickly, but it'll give you a searchable out to your opponent's backrow.

Panther and Chicken is like Wind Ups Shark and Magician, you just got to have them for consistent advantage,

Kokonoe

Banned
Any reviews on it?

What Wiseblade said.

Decade Duels is bad, but it's the only way to play Yu-Gi-Oh! on a this-gen console. (although I think the listing is gone.)

Pros
Dueling system itself is solid (best I've experienced with a YGO game. It's essentially Tag Force)
Has Tag Team Dueling online.
Great music (Used from Tag Force games)

Cons
1,000 cards
No booster packs, you only earn cards from winning which are completely random.
You start out with a lousy deck while the CPU is using the meta game at that banlists time. (you get one card from losing, so eventually you can win some games) Prepare to lose consistently.

-

Konami essentially did a very lazy job with Decade Duels, and their DLC for it only unlocked cards in the game (not even a lot either). It could have been so much more.

Of course this is what got me into the game, but It's a lot better if you just play one of the DS or PSP games. If you're looking for an actual story, than get one of the DS games.

Researched through Yugioh.TGCPlayer Article recommending using XYZ "Djinn" Monsters were used in Top Regionals.

I'm running 4 of them combined with my Lightsworn deck. It turned out really good.

Alter Reality Games & Yugioh.TCG Player Articles has helped a lot with Top Regional deck profiles and Card(s) Articles that review every strengths & weaknesses when using it in your deck.

Big One

Banned
I downloaded the game expecting there to be real changes, and there wasn't. What a ripoff. How could you sell a game like this in modern times is beyond me.

Oh let's release an upgraded version of the game and not upgrade it at all! Genius.

Wiseblade

Assuming that's the case, The format will probably turn out to be something like...

Tier 1

Evilswarm
Fire Fist

Tier 2

Mermail
Six Samurai
Prophecy
Gadget Machina
Madolche(?)

I don't see Prophecy winning major tournaments when Evilswarm aree untouched and Six Samurai have triple Smoke Signal again. Ophion, Shi En and Naturia Beast are too hard to get around. Even Tsukuyomi going to Semi-Limited isn't enough. Ophion/Shi En/Beast hand are still going to outnumber the good Tsuku hands, leaving Prophecy with two troublesome matchups regardless of Divine Judgment.

fader

what do spellbooks do right now without the Judgment card. people keep telling me they are OP but I dont see it without Judgment

Wiseblade

what do spellbooks do right now without the Judgment card. people keep telling me they are OP but I dont see it without Judgment

Prophecy's biggest strength is probably its versatility; It's capable of searching for an out to virtually any situation. Spellbook of Power/Life/Fate mean there's almost always something a Prophecy player can do to get out of a tight spot. Basically, imagine if Hyperion had 2500 ATK, all the Agents were actually good/useful cards and The Sanctuary in the Sky let you draw twice per turn.

But they're really not OP without Judgment. That's the card that lets Prophecy drown people in card advantage.

Top Bottom