• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Regiruler

For some reason I remember this being simpler

A lot in the older game was left to individual rulings. TCG-side it's been heavily condensed to be more consistent (and to save budget on staff who were dedicated to answering rulings). There are still errors in the TCG text on occasion though, and sometimes the text can't accurately portray what a card is supposed to do, so we still have to rely on the OCG except where there is a known systematic divergence (which is rare except for one topic).

KingBroly

Banned
A lot in the older game was left to individual rulings. TCG-side it's been heavily condensed to be more consistent (and to save budget on staff who were dedicated to answering rulings). There are still errors in the TCG text on occasion though, and sometimes the text can't accurately portray what a card is supposed to do, so we still have to rely on the OCG except where there is a known systematic divergence (which is rare except for one topic).

Then they should do what other TCG's do and come up with one word terms with ruling definitions at a universal level. The current game is like 'if the text box isn't full, the card is most likely terrible.' lol

Regiruler

Then they should do what other TCG's do and come up with one word terms with ruling definitions at a universal level. The current game is like 'if the text box isn't full, the card is most likely terrible.' lol
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Koi_Koi

Sum up that first effect into 10 words. You can't do it while keeping it a legible sentence.]

And I already said that they're using the text to make a consistent text basis upon which rulings can be extrapolated. For example, kaiju were completely tcg original without ocg rulings for a year, but we knew how they worked (barring war machine) once we saw them.

Regiruler

"Excavate 3: Flower Guardian"
Their levels become 2 and lose their effects.

Yugioh uses sentences, and that's still missing the second half of that effect regarding what to do with non cardians (edit: and it doesn't mention what's actually done with them). And lose is ambiguous, it could mean they cannot activate or they're simply negated, or in rarer cases any activated effects they do are negated.

Yugioh has substantially more complex card effect combinations than other card games that can have varying orders of operation or resulting triggers.

KingBroly

Banned
Yugioh uses sentences, and that's still missing the second half of that effect regarding what to do with non cardians (edit: and it doesn't mention what's actually done with them). And lose is ambiguous, it could mean they cannot activate or they're simply negated, or in rarer cases any activated effects they do are negated.

Yugioh has substantially more complex card effect combinations than other card games that can have varying orders of operation or resulting triggers.

You're missing the point.

Regiruler

You're missing the point.

In what way?

Yugioh has no set rotation, yet it releases over 400 new cards a year (at a minimum. It's usually 500 or more). It needs the ability to differentiate its effects in any way it needs in order to reduce fatigue and repetition.
There have been efforts to condense verbs (possess and excavate are only a few years old) in order to reduce the redundancy of the language, but full nouns and phrases can't be turned into a single word without looking off: I am aware magic does this, I find it's text too inconsistent and simplistic.

The sole exceptions are summoning requirements and sub types, the latter the tcg is missing one of compared to the OCG (although I find the negative impact has been minimal unlike others). Although ironically changing flip into a sub-type has resulted in more text on those monsters themselves.

There could be a new card mechanic that could use a simpler format of card text, but that would be relegated to the new mechanic only.

Name changes confirmed!

OTS Pack 3:
Frog the Jam -> Slime Toad
Kinetic Soldier -> Cipher Soldier
Red-Eyes B. Chick -> Black Dragon’s Chick

Destiny Soldiers:
Marie the Fallen One -> Darklord Marie
Nurse Reficule the Fallen One -> Darklord Nurse Reficule

Why couldn't the B. Chick name change happen before Legendary Decks II :<

Regiruler

Name changes confirmed!

OTS Pack 3:
Red-Eyes B. Chick -> Black Dragon&#8217;s Chick

Destiny Soldiers:

EDIT: I misread part of it.

number47

No one knows what Pot of Greed does, though :p
that's ridiculous that you don't know what pot of greed does. but since I'm here ,I will tell you. once I activate my spell card,pot of greed. I will be granted the cards ability. now I will be able to draw two cards from my deck,which will conclude pots of greed ability. that was to let me draw two cards during my turn.

Fj0823

Name changes confirmed!

OTS Pack 3:
Red-Eyes B. Chick -> Black Dragon&#8217;s Chick

Destiny Soldiers:

Finally.

But it´s so dumb that they did it AFTER releasing the new Red-Eyes cards

Fj0823

The new HERO card...Draw 3 by banishing 2 HERO fusions in your graveyard.

...how is that a good idea?.

Edit: oh, it doesn't work with Masked Fusions, that's better.

Wiseblade

The long awaited Legacy of the Duelist card update dropped today on PS4 as for free adding two new booster packs to the in game card shop. The banlist has been updated too.

bjork

I've been playing Duel Links on my phone and for someone who doesn't keep up with the franchise and the last one I really played a lot was Worldwide Edition on GBA, I think this new one is pretty good. There aren't a ton of cards in it yet, but I've already been getting schooled by dudes with strategies I'd never put together, so it's neat. I just hope Pegasus is in here, because he's my dude.

Regiruler

I've been playing Duel Links on my phone and for someone who doesn't keep up with the franchise and the last one I really played a lot was Worldwide Edition on GBA, I think this new one is pretty good. There aren't a ton of cards in it yet, but I've already been getting schooled by dudes with strategies I'd never put together, so it's neat. I just hope Pegasus is in here, because he's my dude.

He might be in, I'm not sure if his new toon stuff would be though.

sibarraz

Banned
I started to play this game and a friend told me that I started playing with ABC since is the broken deck now and I could get it by buying 3 Kaiba structure decks.

Question is, which deck should I build from it? I know that there are lots of variations, and I don't even know what to do with the cards that I already have

So the new Forbidden/Limited for the OCG was revealed, there were several cards that were given errata with their reprint in the 20th Anniversary Packs.

Effective January 1, 2017

Newly Forbidden:
Majespecter Unicorn &#8211; Kirin

Newly Limited:
Speedroid Terrortop
Rescue Cat (errata)
Goyo Guardian (errata)
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (errata)
Toadally Awesome
Fire Formation &#8211; Tenki
Union Hangar
Brain Control (errata)
Future Fusion (errata)
Imperial Order (errata)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Magician of Faith
Dandylion

Newly Unlimited:
Inzektor Dragonfly
Star Seraph Sovereignty
Mathematician
Mezuki
El Shaddoll Fusion

Why isn't Zoodiac Molmorat anywhere here?! RIP Speedroid Terrortop :(
They limited Union Hangar now that everyone is playing Zoodiac...
Glad El Shaddoll Fusion is back to 3
Goyo Guardian is now off the Forbidden list in the OCG but it requires an Earth tuner now

Cosmic Blazar Dragon revealed!
FqWqvZQ.jpg

here is the translation from ygorg

20AP-JP051 &#12467;&#12474;&#12511;&#12483;&#12463;&#12539;&#12502;&#12524;&#12452;&#12470;&#12540;&#12539;&#12489;&#12521;&#12468;&#12531; Cosmic Blazar Dragon
Level 12 WIND Dragon-Type Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 4000
DEF 4000
Synchro Materials: 1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
(1) During either player’s turn, you can activate 1 of these effects.
&#9679; When your opponent activates a card or effect: You can banish this card until the End Phase; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.
&#9679; If your opponent would Summon a monster(s): You can banish this card until the End Phase; negate the Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster(s).
&#9679; When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: You can banish this card until the End Phase; negate that attack, then end the Battle Phase

KingBroly

Banned
Are the Kaiba/Yugi Reloaded Starter Decks any good? I saw them at Walmart today and I was curious. I know they're pretty old, though.

AlanOC91

Guys, does anyone here play YGOPRO or DevPro? I've created a site about 4 days ago now for the Yu-Gi-Oh community to share/download decks for these programs.

Been a huge hit for me so far and the community has reacted amazingly. Over 10k site visits after 4 days, I'm shocked.

If any of you want to check it out, you can find it here. I've recently added HTTPS to the whole site!

Just a quick update for all of you, the site has now reached over 650k total views since launch and has been gradually increasing in popularity every month.

We have a full card database along with a deck builder and deck price tool :) Big updates once again coming in the next few days.

KingBroly

Banned
Not really.

But the new Structure Deck Kaiba is good AF.

Yeah, I bought 3 of em cuz I'm hoping to build an ABC deck.

It's not working out so well right now. So many cards I'm missing. Like S39 Utopia the Lightning. Dunno how to get it mildly cheap anymore

Jaeger

So did why did the value/pricing for the OCG Shark Drake Veiss dramatically drop? I never understood the massive asking price anyway. I was under the impression the Ultra was super hard to find? Did they find a box in a warehouse or something?

Escargo

Yeah, I bought 3 of em cuz I'm hoping to build an ABC deck.

It's not working out so well right now. So many cards I'm missing. Like S39 Utopia the Lightning. Dunno how to get it mildly cheap anymore

Dont worry about 3s9. Tsukuyomi is probably the most important. Everything else are just staple rank 4s

KingBroly

Banned
So apparently people who go to see the movie get a card of some kind. Any ideas?

And the DSOD Special Edition is a Gold Edition. 4 promo cards total, 2 per. You get a DM or BEWD and 1 of 2 other cards.

EDIT - Funnily enough, I'm probably closer to building a BEWD deck than an ABC deck at this point.

Top Bottom