• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Isotope

Apprentice Illusion Magician definitely helps Dark magician decks, but it seems to be a better fit on Dark Synchro decks lmao. Poor DM.

Rivals of the Pharoah on Friday

anything good in that set?

Eeeeh, not really. I do like that Sangan is getting reprinted with its text errata, paving the way for it to finally come off the TCG banlist (even though its effect now is neutered).

CsVgtB1W8AAuh2L.jpg

https://twitter.com/yugioh/status/776132841692364800
Konami brought Yu-Gi-Oh! stuff to Gamestop Expo, guess they're gonna try putting more Yu-Gi-Oh! products on Gamestop shelves.

Possible F/L for OCG Oct 1
FORBIDDEN
Level Eater

LIMITED
Cyber-Stein
Magician of Faith
Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin
PSY-Frame Lord Omega

SEMI-LIMITED
Artifact Moralltach
Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning
D/D Lamia
D/D Swirl Slime
Insight Magician
Inzektor Dragonfly
Mathematician
Star Seraph Sovereignity

El Shaddoll fusion
Monster Gate
Domain of the True Monarchs

UNLIMITED
Qliphort Scout
Sangan
Thousand-Eyes Restrict

Charge of the Light Brigade
Gateway of the Six

Sinister Shadow Games
Wall of Revealing Light
https://ygorganization.com/rumor-possible-october-1st-ocg-fl-list/

[RATE] Shiranui Style Reincarnation/Samsara
1yIoOq1m.jpg

Continuous Trap Card
(1) This card’s name is treated as “Shiranui Style Synthesis” while it is in the Spell & Trap Zone.
(2) Once per turn, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:
•Banish 1 face-up Zombie-Type monster you control; you take no damage this turn.
•Target 2 of your banished Zombie-Type monsters with 0 DEF; return both of them to the Deck, then draw 1 card.
https://ygorganization.com/rate-shiranui-support-card/

EMT0

Banned
That banlist.....

Black-Guy-Shocked-Face-Meme-19.gif

I don't even know where to begin. Like at all. If that's true though,

-RIP Dark Synchro, the OCG wants you dead. Shiranui doesn't care too much.
-Bye Kirin turbo. I'll miss you, but everybody else probably won't
-Magician of Faith being on the OCG list at all always surprised me. Did Goat Control have them that shook?
-Good on Envoy of the Beginning, since it's not being ran by meta decks anymore
-....why hit D/D/D? They were already on their way out the door. Blue-Eyes is more relevant atm and that's also dying
-OCG you lucky bastards. I wish we could have Insight at 2 after Konami brutalized OEM :(
-Unbanning Shaddoll cards? Are the rumors true? Is Shaddoll support actually coming?

#FreemyBaeConstruct ;__________;

-Looks like Infernoids aren't scaring anybody anymore if the mass mill cards are coming back
-Qlis are full power while the TCG cowers in fear of the old days of Towers Turbo. Wavering Eyes is gone, come on Komoney
-Sinister Shadow Games was on the banlist before o_O?

Maybe someone in the Fusion Dimension uses Shaddoll, that'd be pretty cool.
Cyber Stein and Kirin to 1 hits the Metalfoes, maybe they'll start adding more Scout/Monolith for Cyber Dragon Infinity.
Hope TCG gets Insight to 2 whenever they end up putting up another list. >.>
RIP Level Eater.

Fj0823

3 Gateway?

Lol, that shit on turn 1 was like "Oh so, this is awkward to say, but unless you got yourself a veiler there I guess I just won"

EMT0

Banned
3 Gateway?

Lol, that shit on turn 1 was like "Oh so, this is awkward to say, but unless you got yourself a veiler there I guess I just won"

I know that feel because my friend used to play with a full power Six Sam deck for funsies while I was playing rogue decks against him...like a year ago :(

Isotope

the 2012 meta makes a return

El Shaddoll Fusion going to Two gives me a small glimmer of hope that Construct can come back to One (at least OCG wise; she's gonna rot on the TCG list for a while :().

EMT0

Banned
It's never going to happen.

Simultaneous releases for card games is very difficult.

I dunno, I think they could manage it if they wanted to; I doubt they will, but they could.

Namely, if they slowed down Japan's releases by three months. As a result, Konami would always be working on the set after the next when a set drops worldwide, and would have a large enough window of time to organize simultaneous releases. It could also pave the way for merging the OCG and TCG; in fact, it'd be the only reason that they would bother to do so, IMO.

0sqnadc.png

Duelist Pack: Rivals of the Pharaoh releases today. Silent Magician and Slient Swordsman return without LV monster status to support their respective archetypes. Bakura's Dark Sanctuary from the Battle City arc is finally printed to help get your Destiny Board going. Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon is reprinted for those that are dying to use it with the new Blue-Eyes support.

Movie Pack Gold Edition has been leaked
Exclusive to this release, each Movie Pack Gold Edition comes with a Gold Secret Rare Krystal Dragon or Duza the Meteor Cubic Vessel. Fans will also be treated to either Dark Magician or Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Yugi and Kaiba’s signature monsters appearing as Gold Secret Rares for the first time!

Each card in this 57-card set uses Gold Rare technology to give them that glamorous Hollywood look, and each Movie Pack Gold Edition contains three 5-card packs in a flat rarity system (all cards are equally rare). Every Movie Pack Gold Edition also comes with 2 of 4 Gold Secret Rare variant cards – 1 of 2 iconic monsters and 1 of 2 previously unreleased cards from the movie!
They should have made this pack Kaiba Corp rarity!
Where's the alternate art of Obelisk? D:

Fj0823

Between this set and the Magician Girls...has Konami finally realized that most of it's player base are teens and young adults?

The censorship is way more lax with these releases.

Never forget poor Gagaga girl ):

Regiruler

The way people overblow "censorship" will always make me giggle.

You don't need an extra centimeter of exposed flesh on your bait artworks.

Fj0823

The way people overblow "censorship" will always make me giggle.

You don't need an extra centimeter of exposed flesh on your bait artworks.

C'mon,I agree that there's stuff like DMG were it's not even noticeable.

But covering stuff like exposed legs and arms is ridiculous.

That's the reason we don't have Magi Magi.

Regiruler

C'mon,I agree that there's stuff like DMG were it's not even noticeable.

But covering stuff like exposed legs and arms is ridiculous.

That's the reason we don't have Magi Magi.
The reason we don't have magi magi is because takahashi is an overinflated blowhard who idolizes DMG lookalikes and won't make a simple edit.

EMT0

Banned
The reason we don't have magi magi is because takahashi is an overinflated blowhard who idolizes DMG lookalikes and won't make a simple edit.

It's sad but true. I kinda want Takahashi to retire, or at least not have as much say over the physical card game anymore so that tournament prizes can be improved.

Wiseblade

*Looks up Magi Magi

why wouldn't we have that card? Nothing looks wrong with it
Because for the longest time, Konami didn't like Dark Magician Girl having big breasts and would have given the card a reduction in a western release.

IIRC, Takahashi was all "don't you dare touch my artwork" and so it never came out here.

Regiruler

Because for the longest time, Konami didn't like Dark Magician Girl having big breasts and would have given the card a reduction in a western release.

IIRC, Takahashi was all "don't you dare touch my artwork" and so it never came out here.
It has nothing to do with the breasts, he won't let them touch the pentagram.

Or was it the ankh, I can't remember anymore.

New Cyber Angel cards in Raging Tempest
uPRitxCm.jpg

RATE-JP036 Cyber Angel Nasatya
Light Fairy / Ritual / Effect
LV5 1000/1000
You can Ritual Summon this card with “Machine Angel Ritual”.
(1) Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster you control; gain LP equal to half that monster’s current ATK.
(2) When a Ritual Monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can activate this effect; negate that attack.
(3) If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 1 other “Cyber Angel” monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, gain control of that target.

RATE-JP055 Kikaitenshi no Zettai Gishiki / Machine Angel Absolute Ritual
Spell Ritual
You can use this card to Ritual Summon a “Cyber Angel” Ritual Monster.
(1) Tribute monsters in your hand or on your field, or shuffle Fairy and/or Warrior-Type monsters from your Graveyard into the Deck, whose total Levels equal the monster you Ritual Summon, and if you do, Ritual Summon that “Cyber Angel” Ritual Monster from your hand.

1st effect doesn't seem that useful unless you're using the Gale Dogra mill Herald of Arc Light combo but the 2nd and 3rd are nice. It being LV5 means you can tribute any of the other Cyber Angel Rituals to summon this with Machine Angel Ritual.

Absolute Ritual needing exact levels makes it less useful than the original Machine Angel Ritual especially to summon this card, I guess that's the price you pay for being able to shuffle monsters from your graveyard into the deck. Glad they're somewhat combining Alexis's Cyber Girl deck by allowing Warrior monsters to use as tributes from the graveyard.

Jaeger

Currently in the process of bidding on one of my old school grails. I'll report on what happens when it's over.

Vice

What's the best way to play YGO digitally at the moment? Can't really attend anything local due to work and starting a credential/master's program.

Wiseblade

Definitely DevPro and/or YGOPro.

Depending if the update actually happens and is substantial, Legacy of the Duelist on PS4 and Xbox One might be a suitable alternative by the end of the year.

I hope it is the case, I'm itching to try out a Dark Prophecy deck with Apprentice Illusion Magician and Chocolate Magician Girl as tech. Sounds pretty filthy to me.

Regiruler

If those 2 quick google translates of 2 of the juunishishi are any indication, this is in the running for the most mechanically boring deck of all time.

So is there like, a good way to play this online with a buddy at all? Kinda wanna try getting back into the game, but don't want to invest a crazy amount on cards.

You could try YGOPro or DevPro. Both are completely free online simulators.

Thank you! Should be good for some casual feeling it out. Maybe I'll be half competant, who knows haha.

Though I'd have a LOT of learning to do before that haha.

Top Bottom