• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

So far four people have signed up for the tournaments, including myself. I'll be posting the thread for it later today. You can enter until the tournament starts on Saturday (Central US time. I'll post the moment it actually starts)

Kiro

So far four people have signed up for the tournaments, including myself. I'll be posting the thread for it later today. You can enter until the tournament starts on Saturday (Central US time. I'll post the moment it actually starts)

I'd be interested if I even had a remotely decent deck.

There's the main tournament, but there's also going to be a story deck tournament that's geared towards new players in part by letting them use one of the premade deck recipes. Just remember you still need to get the cards yourself

Sayah

Damn, need to get that... I like played one ranked game with my half (at best) complete agents deck against a qliphort deck and pretty much watched him play for two turns.....

Honestly, besides Master Hyperion, I took out every agent card from my deck and trimmed it substantially. Instead I've decided to focus on Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen and Hectarice so I can easily special summon Archlord Kristya. Gellenduo is also a really useful card to have. It can't be destroyed by battle as long as you don't take life point damage and it can be used as two tributes.

This game is really starting to piss me off with its bullshit. Twice I've been streaming the game only to receive an error message which forces the PS4 to close the application. When I boot it back up all of my save data is gone which makes me so angry, what the hell is up with the ridiculously sparse autosave? I'm tempted to complain to Konami and try to get a refund.

My decks are going to be rubbish against anything meta, so I'm probably going to get wrecked in round one. Lol. It's still fun to participate in GAF tournaments though.

Man, I really wish this game would update with the latest packs already. There are so many decks I want to build that are enhanced by newer support.

Fj0823

My decks are going to be rubbish against anything meta, so I'm probably going to get wrecked in round one. Lol. It's still fun to participate in GAF tournaments though.

Man, I really wish this game would update with the latest packs already. There are so many decks I want to build that are enhanced by newer support.

I would just Kozmo the shit out of all of you.

Sayah

How are you getting out Hyperion then?
You can still summon Hyperion without agents. I just use Valhalla or gellenduo for two tributes. The cards effect is still very good to have even in a nonagent fairy deck.

The agents plus sanctuary in the sky plus zeradias were really cluttering up the deck. Now it's just 42 cards instead of 50 so I draw things faster.

Fj0823

Send me your PSN name.

and in related news
I might put up the OT tomorrow instead, I want to wait a bit longer to see if the guy who talked about providing prizes responds

Oh, we're gonna have a tournament OT?

My body is ready

tumblr_npt4trMqO51r7ib92o1_500.gif

0d4937ecd49628c3c8e5167b15dd144550712d01_hq.gif

But that's some Bullshit too.

Yuto doesn't play TellarKnights (which are meta)

and Z-one never used a single Vylon
Yuto's dlc deck didn't have that many tellarknights though and seemed very watered down compared to the tellarknight challenge deck, which is the main reason I'll allow it. And I don't think Z-one's story deck really used Vylons either

I would totally join this tournament if someone would be my coach and teach me how to make a good, competitive deck.

Also, I finally beat Bakura! YAY!

RE_Player

I'm down for the main tournament. Also I replied to your message regarding prizes.

Here's the message I sent to Aaronrule380 so everyone is clear on the prizes. Now it may not seem like much but I'm just a regular dude with a regular job that has little disposable income. I just thought it would be nice to put something up for tournaments like this and help maintain a healthy Yugioh presence and community here on gaf:

Yeah I'd be willing to put up a little cash for like the top 3 players, either in like Amazon or PSN credit. Nothing crazy here, I'm a student with a job lol, but like I'll throw $50-60 and divide it with the top 3 players in terms of their standings. Say $35 for 1st, $15 for 2nd and $10 for 3rd place.

I've never e-mailed Amazon credit to people who don't use either Amazon.ca or Amazon.com so that would be the only tricky part if it came up.

I'm down for the main tournament. Also I replied to your message regarding prizes.

Here's the message I sent to Aaronrule380 so everyone is clear on the prizes. Now it may not seem like much but I'm just a regular dude with a regular job that has little disposable income. I just thought it would be nice to put something up for tournaments like this and help maintain a healthy Yugioh presence and community here on gaf:

what's your PSN name again?

Fj0823

I would totally join this tournament if someone would be my coach and teach me how to make a good, competitive deck.

Also, I finally beat Bakura! YAY!

I volunteer, PM me.

Its not like this chemical equipments and processes exam has any chance of being passed anyway :p

I just found the best thing.

It's a site that was made for Legacy of the Duelist, in which you can search for whatever cards you're looking for to find out where to get them. It's MUCH more simple and easier to use than that Google Doc is.

I've searched for quite a few cards using it, and it's always found them for me. Give it a shot!

Sayah

Today I learned cardgamez are srs bsness guyz

Wish I could add some prices to tournament, I have some cards I could part with, but mailing here is kind of a shitty process
I am the same way as you are. I'd rather avoid conflict and not piss anyone off. So if there's ever a time where someone might be angry at me, I just say sorry (even if its not my fault) and move on. Life is too short to get involved in/stressed out with these sort of things. Ain't nobody got time for that. i

I just found the best thing.

It's a site that was made for Legacy of the Duelist, in which you can search for whatever cards you're looking for to find out where to get them. It's MUCH more simple and easier to use than that Google Doc is.

I've searched for quite a few cards using it, and it's always found them for me. Give it a shot!

THANKS for this. Google docs was such a pain to sift through.

I'm going to try to remember to record my duels this time. Hopefully I get some that were as epic as my duels with SirAndroidTV were.

The 15 minute restriction for recording is kind of a pain though if individual duels last longer than that.

I'm going to try to remember to record my duels this time. Hopefully I get some that were as epic as my duels with AndroidTV were.

The 15 minute restriction for recording is kind of a pain though if individual duels last longer than that.

Speaking of recording duels, I did a little review discussion for my channel here:

https://youtu.be/Yq_4eryx870

Would you all agree that, as far as a straight-up emulation of the card game, this game has everything you could really want? It was hard for me to think of knocks for this game besides the obvious but those can really be covered after seeing how much the game costs.
All in all, this turned out to be exactly what I wanted from a yugioh game and I didn't even know I wanted it until the impulse purchase. A part of me hopes this game sold well enough to warrant further... something! You know? Just not sure what the next step would be

Fj0823

Speaking of recording duels, I did a little review discussion for my channel here:

Would you all agree that, as far as a straight-up emulation of the card game, this game has everything you could really want? It was hard for me to think of knocks for this game besides the obvious but those can really be covered after seeing how much the game costs.
All in all, this turned out to be exactly what I wanted from a yugioh game and I didn't even know I wanted it until the impulse purchase. A part of me hopes this game sold well enough to warrant further... something! You know? Just not sure what the next step would be

the summon animations, and card movement could be a tad faster, not insane like in pro where you can't tell what the Hell is happening, but if I fuse 10 monsters in my grave it takes forever until the little cards finish jumping to the banished pile

other than that, its a perfect recreation of the game.

Yeah, it's pretty great as a card game emulator. And it even has a ton of nice solo content as well. I also love how quickly you can get cards, and that alone puts it miles ahead of the recent mobile games.

I think the presentation could be quite a bit better though. And like FJ said, some of the card animations are pretty slow (Pot of Duality for example). I'd also remove the monster animations completely, as they would be a huge pain if your deck mains those popular monsters.

I'd also like to have new booster packs added soon. Lol. I think the game is great for what it is, but there's definite room for improvement.

Miracle

Yeah, it's pretty great as a card game emulator. And it even has a ton of nice solo content as well. I also love how quickly you can get cards, and that alone puts it miles ahead of the recent mobile games.

I think the presentation could be a better though. And like FJ said, some of the card animations are pretty slow (Pot of Duality for example). I'd also remove the monster animations completely, as they would be a huge pain if your deck mains those popular monsters.

I'd also like to have new booster packs added soon. Lol. I think the game is great for what it is, but there's definite room for improvement.

Pretty much.

Give me new booster packs/cards followed by an updated Ban List and I'm a happy guy.

My only two real issues with the game are that I wish there was a log to read through the order of previously activated cards and effects, and also that I wish I could buy more than one pack at a time.

My only two real issues with the game are that I wish there was a log to read through the order of previously activated cards and effects, and also that I wish I could buy more than one pack at a time.
These would be great additions. There are plenty of times I'd like to see what cards my opponent just added to my hand if I missed the split second to look at it.

The game was the second highest selling PS4 title on PSN in August. I think it's a success.
That's awesome news. Hopefully Konami keeps supporting the franchise on consoles.

Top Bottom