• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Wichu

That card can summon dark paladin very easily, dark magician got a lot of support in Japan, and Pendulum summons just made dark magician a lot easier to summon

Since Dark Paladin is an amazing control card, it got more expensive in light of the support, and Eye of Timaeus exploded in price due to its rarity, the nostalgic value and the fact that Dark Magician might became a competent deck

Dark Paladin isn't that great. It's my favourite card of all time, but I think you're overselling its power. Most decks can deal with it pretty easily using monster effects or traps. I think I go into Amulet Dragon more often, as it doesn't just insta-lose to destruction effects. It is a huge beating against decks that rely on spells, though.

Also:

ERPg5F2.jpg

:p

Fj0823

Dark Paladin isn't that great. It's my favourite card of all time, but I think you're overselling its power. Most decks can deal with it pretty easily using monster effects or traps. I think I go into Amulet Dragon more often, as it doesn't just insta-lose to destruction effects. It is a huge beating against decks that rely on spells, though.

Also:

Of course I´m over selling it!...how else I´m gonna charge $35 for them? :p

I completely agree with it being not that great.

I'm down for a tournament too. My Morphtronics are gonna make a comeback!

This game includes the newer Morphtronic Smartfon right?

I haven't seen it, it must be in the Leo pack right?

Wichu

So jealous dude. Love both those Dark Magician Girl artwork.

I have the normal boring one too from the Starter Deck, but it's a boring common (and really awful art compared to the other two). I really want the promo Dark Paladin art, as well as the original Dark Magician art - hopefully we'll get the latter in Yugi's Legendary Decks.

I've always been a fan of Yugi's cards - the last packs I bought before I stopped playing the game for a while were Duelist Pack: Yugi (got the two Dark Paladins and one of the Dark Magician Girls from there), and the thing that got me to upgrade my deck and start playing a little again was the Dark Magician support in Dragons of Legend (bought two boxes that got me two each of The Eye of Timaeus, Amulet Dragon, and Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight, then bought the third Eye a bit later for about £10).

Can't wait for the Japan-exclusive support to be released over here!

Miracle

This game includes the newer Morphtronic Smartfon right?

I haven't seen it, it must be in the Leo pack right?

I think so? I don't actually use it though. Maybe I'll test it more but I thought it was initially ok.

Also:

YOU SON OF A....GIVE ME ONE TIMEAUS DAMN IT!

...pls? :(
I am so jealous

Fj0823

The new dark magician design is pretty terrible IMO...I´m really sad this is the design we´ll get in the new 2016 movie..

I know it's Takahshi´s concept but it looks like a completely different card...His YGO design was very iconic.

They should use this new GOAT artwork

Ok, on the topic of the tournament

I'm thinking of starting it in one week, probably on Friday. Is this ok for everyone

I'm also thinking of doing a main event that allows everything that isn't explicitly on the game's ban list, but also a side event based on the idea of using anime decks. You can participate in either or both.

For the anime deck one, my thoughts were as follows: You can use the game's story decks aside from a few that deviate too much from the show due to lack of cards (So stuff like the dlc Yuto deck where a character uses mostly cards that they never used is a no-go). I'll try to make a list of banned story decks. Probably also going to ban that seeker deck with the three copies of each exodia part since it's really, really breaking the banlist.

I'll also allow non-story decks, as long as you share your main concept. However, these will have a few more rules: Any card you use that a character doesn't own must be approved. Extra deck cards have to be ones they actually use. Try not to use cards together if they wouldn't be in the anime, even if the character had both at some point.

Also, in all cases please make the deck avatar the character you're using if possible (If they're not in the game that's an exception). If not use the robot that's the default

If someone could help me gather a list of archetypes by anime characters that used them, that would be great.

Both are planned to be double elimination (might change depending on the amount of interest). Each match will be done in match format (Best of 3 with side decking between rounds as the game is set up for).

If you have feedback or suggestions feel free to share

I'm planning on making a separate thread for the tournament to make it easier to follow as well

Fj0823

Purple-haired, purple-armoured Dark Magician > blonde, blue/red-armoured Dark Magician. Amulet Dragon is awesome for getting this right.

Problem is Konami can't use that specific design and pose anymore

According to rumors of course

Miracle

The new dark magician design is pretty terrible IMO...I´m really sad this is the design we´ll get in the new 2016 movie..

I know it's Takahshi´s concept but it looks like a completely different card...His YGO design was very iconic.

They should use this new GOAT artwork

I hate how they keep changing the already great designs and keep making them worse.

In this game for example, the default Blue Eyes White Dragon art is this:

41rHoTlA7EL.jpg

It's not terrible but it's nothing compared to the original version:

3972292-tumblr_m0rgmuby731r2vugdo1_400%5B1%5D.png

Give me the original design for Legacy of the Duelist Konami ;(

Miracle

As it was mentioned a few pages back, Konami has legal issues with those arts.

Legal issues? That's possible?

I mean, Konami made these designs right? How could they have legal issues with their own designs? 0_o That's very strange to me.

Fj0823

Legal issues? That's possible?

I mean, Konami made these designs right? How could they have legal issues with their own designs? 0_o That's very strange to me.

Upperdeck entertainment got into a pretty fierce legal battle with Konami, upperdeck were the ones outsourced to manage the game.

They did a pretty horrible job with translations and card distribution (for example making "Diffusive Wave Motion" into "Diffusion Wave Motion" thus making it a "Fusion" card, or making "Summoned Archfiend" into "Summoned Skull" excluding him from the "Archfiend" Archtype)

So Konami decided to manage the game themselves with the coming of the 5Ds era.

Upperdeck got mad and argued they should own the English game because of stuff they added to it,like the official hologram at the corner of the cards, censoring artworks and giving cards their names. Its believed blue eyes, red eyes and Dark Magician arts got stuck in Legal limbo.

Other theory is that Takahashi, owns the designs, and he's picky regarding having his art adapted and distributed for America. So he rarely lets the original arts to be printed again.

But this is Konami, so well probably never know

Miracle

Upperdeck entertainment got into a pretty fierce legal battle with Konami, upperdeck were the ones outsourced to manage the game.

They did a pretty horrible job with translations and card distribution, so Konami decided to manage the game themselves with the coming of the 5Ds era.

Upperdeck argued they owned the English game now because of stuff like adding the hologram at the corner of the cards, censoring artworks and giving cards their names.

Its believed blue eyes, red eyes and Dark Magician arts got stuck in Legal limbo.

Other theory is that Takahashi, owns the designs, and he's picky regarding having his art adapted and distributed for America. So he rarely lets the original arts to be printed again.

Wow. That's quite the tale.

I didn't realize Uppderdeck had any part in this. Why didn't Konami distribute and translate this game from the very beginning?

Sayah

They did a pretty horrible job with translations and card distribution (for example making "Diffusive Wave Motion" into "Diffusion Wave Motion" this making it a "Fusion" card, or making "Summoned Archfiend" into "Summoned Skull" excluding him from the "Archfiend" Archtype)

Upperdeck got mad and argued they should own the English game because of stuff they added to it,like official the hologram at the corner of the cards, censoring artworks and giving cards their names. Its believed blue eyes, red eyes and Dark Magician arts got stuck in Legal limbo.

Why those particular cards?

Cards like slifer have both arts available in this game.

Fj0823

Why those particular cards?

Cards like slifer have both arts available in this game.

I don't know

If I had to take a guess it's because they were the first cards Upperdeck distributed in america, you know, the covers for the first three starter decks ever. So maybe something there that was enough for it to become legally cloudy.

Or Takahashi is a hack.

Take your pick

Wow. That's quite the tale.

I didn't realize Uppderdeck had any part in this. Why didn't Konami distribute and translate this game from the very beginning?

There´s a reason #FuckKonami is a thing here :p

The Puppet Deck has it own version of Exodia? damn

If you pull that one off, I´ll send you a beer

Miracle

I don't know

If I had to take a guess it's because they were the first cards Upperdeck distributed in america, you know, the covers for the first three starter decks ever (Which upperdeck distributed). So maybe something there that was enough for it to become legally cloudy.

Or Takahashi is a hack.

Take your pick

To think, all this legal trouble for a children's card game, Amirite? :p

That's all the explanation I needed honestly lol.

The Puppet Deck has it own version of Exodia? damn

Say what!?

neither

anyone know where Royal Decree drops?
I saw someone using it against me but they rage quit so I couldn't ask them/didn't get their name

Fj0823

Carly's fortune lady deck is sooo much fun in the anime.

I´ll try to build them in this game, 5D's spoilers >
With Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu included
and all.

I´m guessing they're in the Jack Pack?

anyone know where Royal Decree drops?
I saw someone using it against me but they rage quit so I couldn't ask them/didn't get their name
Bakura pack I think. I got two from a duelist challenge but I can't remember which. Alexis maybe? It was one of the first line of GX challenges.

Sayah

So turns out this banish deck is pretty damn good against meta decks.

Combination of dimensional fissure, macro cosmos, and banisher of light/radiance along with d.d. survivor and monarch cards is making quite the good combination. I would have beaten this qliphort deck online if I hadn't forgotten to put stuff in my extra deck.

I imagine the results will be the same for lightsworn and shadoll decks.

This anti-meta deck isn't even complete yet, though. I still need to get more monarch cards and Bastion rarely ever gives out the good ones.
I don't know

If I had to take a guess it's because they were the first cards Upperdeck distributed in america, you know, the covers for the first three starter decks ever. So maybe something there that was enough for it to become legally cloudy.

Or Takahashi is a hack.

Take your pick

If you pull that one off, I´ll send you a beer

lol ok

EMT0

Banned
How screwed would my Gravekeepers deck be against you guys in a tourney? It's what I'm currently messing around with and I'm wrecking a fair bit of ass against bots. No idea how it'd measure competitively though.

Sayah

Wow, this deck really works and it's not even close to its full potential. Giving these nekroz and qliphort players online a real hard time.

Nekroz would be even more useless against a banish deck if the monster effects mentioned that cards should be discarded to the graveyard from the hand and not just simply "discarded." those effects would not even work.

Fj0823

How screwed would my Gravekeepers deck be against you guys in a tourney? It's what I'm currently messing around with and I'm wrecking a fair bit of ass against bots. No idea how it'd measure competitively though.

If I played my Galaxys, you'd probably own me since I wouldn't have Full Armor Dragon in the game. ergo I wouldnt be able to destroy your necrovalley and my deck is very graveyard heavy.

My only chance would be Neo Photon or Neo Tachyon dragons, which are really hard to summon withouth the graveyard

macklelol

Been playing some of the archetypes that were locked behind DLC, mainly the Superheavy Samurai and Melodious. Don't like the Superheavy Samurais that much, but I'm really liking how Melodious deck plays out. Maybe I'm drawn to decks that makes duels super frustrating for your opponent lol.

Wichu

They did a pretty horrible job with translations and card distribution (for example making "Diffusive Wave Motion" into "Diffusion Wave Motion" thus making it a "Fusion" card, or making "Summoned Archfiend" into "Summoned Skull" excluding him from the "Archfiend" Archtype)

Upperdeck got mad and argued they should own the English game because of stuff they added to it,like the official hologram at the corner of the cards, censoring artworks and giving cards their names. Its believed blue eyes, red eyes and Dark Magician arts got stuck in Legal limbo.

Are you sure? This card exists:

BlueEyesWhiteDragon-DPKB-EN-SR-UE.png

It was reprinted as late as October 2013 (note the new style card border that was introduced in the Zexal era).

Japan also hasn't had reprints of the original artwork until the 20th Anniversary products earlier this year (Duelist Road, The Rarity Collection, and Memories of the Duel King). I don't think it's impossible we'll get the original Dark Magician art reprinted soon.

EDIT: Also here's the rest of my Dark Magician stuff I left out yesterday:

Fj0823

Are you sure? This card exists:

BlueEyesWhiteDragon-DPKB-EN-SR-UE.png

It was reprinted as late as October 2013 (note the new style card border that was introduced in the Zexal era).

Japan also hasn't had reprints of the original artwork until the 20th Anniversary products earlier this year (Duelist Road, The Rarity Collection, and Memories of the Duel King). I don't think it's impossible we'll get the original Dark Magician art reprinted soon.

EDIT: Also here's the rest of my Dark Magician stuff I left out yesterday:

Is not that Konami can't reprint them.
Its that its a lot of problems and not worth doing it regularly.

That's the only OG Blue Eyes reprint, but look at how many other Kaiba products were released after that and not a single one has the original artwork.

Sayah

Kozmos would have been great for the banish deck. Oh well. Maybe I can use ritual beasts instead but they're wind and I want to focus on light/dark.

Also, I'm seeing myself buying more and more DLC. I originally bought the game thinking every card could be unlocked through grinding but now I need to buy whole packs of DLC just to get one card out from them. :/

Konami raking in that cash.

Edit: Also, I can confirm you have to quit the game and restart to make any purchased DLC available for use in decks (if you buy dlc in-game). It's happened twice now.

Fj0823

Do anyone here knows how to build an Egyptian God deck or Nordic God deck that doesn't suck?

So far the Egyptian god relies solely on Ra's disciple and my Nordic Gods always get stuck if I don't get Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant in my first hand

):

Sayah

Adding two new people to the ban list. Both used an elemental hero deck. I wonder why people with elemental hero decks are often the ones rage quitting? Is that deck prominent among little kids?

Updated PSN ban list:

Imsorry313
lilskimiles

Big_Fish_MUC
Mr_Maico
carfouf34
MCSKL

I would have a lot more names here if I kept track each time someone ragequit. It's annoying because I'm trying to accumulate duel points to buy more booster packs and I don't think I get anything if the person just up and leaves.

Sayah

Do anyone here knows how to build an Egyptian God deck or Nordic God deck that doesn't suck?

So far the Egyptian god relies solely on Ra's disciple and my Nordic Gods always get stuck if I don't get Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant in my first hand

):

Have you considered using Earthbound Immortal cards? They're level 10 and require field spells. Would go perfect with Egyptian god cards.

Mound of the Bound Creator
Mausoleum of the Emperor
Magical Citadel of Endymion

Once you have an Earthbound monster, a Mound of the Bound Creator, and a Skill Drain on the field, you will pretty much win the duel unless your opponent has a card like mystical space typhoon or dust tornado.

Besides ra's disciple, these may or may not also be helpful:
The agent of creation + 3 mystical shine balls
Giant germ

Fj0823

Have you considered using Earthbound Immortal cards? They're level 10 and require field spells. Would go perfect with Egyptian god cards.

Mound of the Bound Creator
Mausoleum of the Emperor
Magical Citadel of Endymion

Once you have an Earthbound monster, a Mound of the Bound Creator, and a Skill Drain on the field, you will pretty much win the duel unless your opponent has a card like mystical space typhoon or dust tornado.

Besides ra's disciple, these may or may not also be helpful:
The agent of creation + 3 mystical shine balls
Giant germ

Earthbounds are great, but then they'd become the central focus of the deck, the idea is to summon an Egyptian god and have him swag over my opponent

Mound is great, but I think Mausoleum doesn't work on Egyptian gods as they have a summon condition

The earthbound gods are flipping boss as EMT can tell you if he's already watching the Dark Signer arc :p

But Id rather do the anime route with them and Play Aslla Piscu with
Fortune Ladies

Sayah

Earthbounds are great, but then they'd become the central focus of the deck, the idea is to summon an Egyptian god and have him swag over my opponent

Mound is great, but I think Mausoleum doesn't work on Egyptian gods as they have a summon condition

The earthbound gods are flipping boss as EMT can tell you if he's already watching the Dark Signer arc :p

But Id rather do the anime route with them and Play Aslla Piscu with
Fortune Ladies

Ah, I see.

Would March of the Monarchs help out Egyptian gods or is that just repetitive because you already have Mound of the Bound Creator?

Just wondering since I'm using monarchs right now.

Edit: Also, wanted to ask if effect veiler would work on apoqilphort towers?
Edit 2: Nevermind. Found out, effect veiler is useless against apoqliphort towers. lol.

Fj0823

Ah, I see.

Would March of the Monarchs help out Egyptian gods or is that just repetitive because you already have Mound of the Bound Creator?

Just wondering since I'm using monarchs right now.

Edit: Also, wanted to ask if effect veiler would work on apoqilphort towers?
Edit 2: Nevermind. Found out, effect veiler is useless against apoqliphort towers. lol.

You either beast over towers by battle, or negate his summon.

nothing else. It is the real god card we

Sayah

You either beast over towers by battle, or negate his summon.

nothing else. It is the real god card we

I mean if this card was available for TCG, qliphorts would kind of become useless against the monarch deck and it would easily get rid of towers through battle thanks to an 800 atk power boost. Just put in terraforming and chances of drawing the card become significantly greater.

Also, if this card is on the field before towers gets summoned, is towers still able to use its effect?

Top Bottom