• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

macklelol

I mean if this card was available for TCG, qliphorts would kind of become useless against the monarch deck and it would easily get rid of towers through battle thanks to an 800 atk power boost. Just put in terraforming and chances of drawing the card become significantly greater.

Also, if this card is on the field before towers gets summoned, is towers still able to use its effect?

Nope, if something like that or Skill Drain is up when Towers is summoned, its effect is negated.

The card says it needs 3 tributes to normal summon, doesn't say that it's a tribute summon. I normally wouldn't care that much about the wording but The Monarchs Erupt is specific about tribute summoned monsters.

Any normal summon requiring tributes IS a tribute summon. The 3 monsters bit is just to clarify since usually any level 7 or higher monster would only need 2

Fj0823

Any normal summon requiring tributes IS a tribute summon. The 3 monsters bit is just to clarify since usually any level 7 or higher monster would only need 2

edited, you're right. Level 10 or higher monsters usually requires 2 tributes, like the Earthbounds

The 3 tribute bit is a summoning condition, That's why Winged Dragon of Ra-Sphere Mode states that you can Ignore the summon conditions.

Sayah

Okay, so the Monarchs Erupt won't actually work against towers because towers is also considered tribute summon.

Sayah

Edit: Anyone know where to get Giant Germ? I thought Kaiba used that card in the anime but I don't think it's listed as an unlock for his booster pack or duelist challenge.
Are the DLCs worth buying? how many of them are there?

If you buy the entirety of the DLC, you will be spending more money on the DLC than you did on the standalone game.

If there are particular cards you're looking for, this google doc shows which pack you should buy.

I'm revisiting Yugioh after many years of not even looking at the series and sort of have gotten passionate about it. Beyond the typical, boring meta decks that take 10 minutes each to complete a turn, the game can be very fun when you play against a challenger that is using innovative strategies and it really shows the depth of the card game.

But if you're not passionate about Yugioh, I wouldn't recommend buying DLC because it'll just enable Konami for future games. They're already doing a shitty job by firing Kojima (MGS franchise) and Yugioh may be one of the very few other things they have left that people actually care about.

Though, I will give credit to Other Ocean. The AI in this game is extremely good and I've had a lot of fun completing duelist challenges. The campaign was more of just a grind but the duelist challenges are amazing.

Edit: Anyone know where to get Giant Germ? I thought Kaiba used that card in the anime but I don't think it's listed as an unlock for his booster pack or duelist challenge.

It's listed in one of the Zexal DLC deck lists, so it could be exclusive to it.

macklelol

What would you folks say should be staples in every deck?

If you have a deck that can fit in extra spells and traps, there's a few good ones out there.

Raigeki
Book of Moon (maybe)
Mystical Space Typhoon
Solemn Warning
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Bottomless Trap Hole
Torrential Tribute
Fiendish Chain/Breakthrough Skill

A lot of those cards are limited to 1 for a good reason.

Bottomless Trap Hole and Mystical Space Typhoon are the only two that I run in every deck and Fiendish Chain for almost every deck. I used to think Pot of Duality until I ran into problems running special summon heavy decks.

Sayah

Just beat a qliphort deck and felt so good. :)
Horn of heaven and forced back are really useful tools not only for apoqlip towers but in general against other decks as well. I drew three different force backs and had an archlord kristya on the field that prevented special summoning and didn't let my opponent normal summon either for three turns with the three force backs I had. lmao.

Also, consolidated list of PSN players that have rage quit.
Helios__Soul
Imsorry313
lilskimiles
Big_Fish_MUC
Mr_Maico
carfouf34
MCSKL
marquis_8732
Tupacback-300
jordan090

Does anyone remote play it to a vita? Worthwhile?[/QUOTE]
Remote play works well no heavy backtouch and if you like card games go for it.

Just saw his effect, and good lord. Are cards denying Special Summons getting more popular nowadays?

Cards that weaken or limit special summoned monsters are getting pretty common nowadays because of how prevalent they've become. The powerful Shadoll archetype is based around fusion summoning el shadoll monsters who all have effects that are based around limiting special summoned monsters in some way

Fj0823

Just saw his effect, and good lord. Are cards denying Special Summons getting more popular nowadays?

To be fair, He can only negate inherent summons

Edit: It's been years since I watched 5D's, but now that I´m watching it again....man FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK this guy

picture-171.png

Dang it, you guys! Now that I'm all pumped up for Yugioh again, I just preordered six of the 2015 Mega Tins. They're just too good of a deal.

Fj0823

Dang it, you guys! Now that I'm all pumped up for Yugioh again, I just preordered six of the 2015 Mega Tins. They're just too good of a deal.

And here I am unable to buy even one. In usually completely broke most of the time, my college has 4 free months, so I use the time to work and make money to buy my useless stuff throughout the year. But my girlfriend happened and now I'm even more broke. lol

That deck I bought is probably the only thing Ill buy until December lol

also, your six Nordens will probably make you most of your investment back!

And here I am unable to buy even one. In usually completely broke most of the time, my college has 4 free months, so I use the time to work and make money to buy my useless stuff throughout the year. But my girlfriend happened and now I'm even more broke. lol

That deck I bought is probably the only thing Ill buy until December lol

also, your six Nordens will probably make you most of your investment back!
That's rough, man.

And I actually only got three Norden tins, and three Hastorr ones. I'm not a huge fan of buying and selling cards, and I'd rather have three of each for my collection. (I want to make a Lovecraftian deck as soon as all of the cards are available)

...Lovecraftian deck you say? I need to know more.

I also bought my first two cards in around 4 years at Fan Expo a few days ago. Nekroz of Decisive Armor and Master Key Beetle.

Tabby

The only cards I have is the Dragon's Collide structure deck, trying to remake it in the game but I have no idea where to find any of the cards, every list I've seen doesn't even have the cards I need.

RE_Player

Between this and playing at my local comic shop I've read and played more about Yugioh this month than my entire life before.... And I love it.

I also bought my first two cards in around 4 years at Fan Expo a few days ago. Nekroz of Decisive Armor and Master Key Beetle.
There are some Korean cards based around the Lovecraft Mythos. Norden and Hastorr are coming to the TCG in this year's Mega Tins, but we have no deadline for the rest of them yet. Here are a few of them:

300px-OldEntityChthugha-EP15-JP-OP.png

^Cthugha

300px-ElderEntityNorden-EP14-JP-SR.png

^Norden

300px-OuterEntityNyarla-EP14-JP-R.png

^Nyarla

The deck itself is based around multiple variations of summoning the different Old, Elder, and Outer Entities which benefit off of each other being used as material. You usually try to get the Yugioh version of Azathoth XYZ summoned with a Fusion, Synchro, and XYZ as material to nuke the field.

Pretty sweet stuff.

Fj0823

even better, a Lovecraft inspired extra deck. Right now we have 2 fusions 2 Synchros and 1 Xyz in Japan, the first fusion and the first Synchro are coming in the holiday mega tins.

If anyone here is interested, mega tins are an upgraded version of the old Tins. Instead of 4 booster packs with random contents. the 3 mega packs inside contain reprints of the best cards of the last 4 expansion, in their original rarity.

Best part? each mega pack guarantees 1 rare, 1 super rare, 1 ultra rare and 1 secret rare. so you get 9 shiny cards per tin plus the 5 super rare promos for a total of 14 foil cards per tin.

they're the best YGO product period.

Sayah

Adding another to PSN ban list:

XxtheAzurexX
Helios__Soul
Imsorry313
lilskimiles
Big_Fish_MUC
Mr_Maico
carfouf34
MCSKL
marquis_8732
Tupacback-300
jordan090

Where are we buying these Yugioh tins?

I need to experience the joy of having a folder full of cards again.
I bought mine on Pokeorder. The tins themselves are discounted, so they came to about $17 a piece after shipping. (I bought a total of ten, with four of them being for my brother) They aren't released yet either, just FYI.

It's been a while since I opened a bunch of packs, so I'm super hyped for them to get here!

Sayah

I bought mine on Pokeorder. The tins themselves are discounted, so they came to about $17 a piece after shipping. (I bought a total of ten, with four of them being for my brother) They aren't released yet either, just FYI.

It's been a while since I opened a bunch of packs, so I'm super hyped for them to get here!

Awesome. Let me paycheck come in. I'll look into getting these. :D

Also, Archlord Kristya REALLY locks down the qliphort deck. I mean damn. I'm easily defeating qliphorts.

And having horn of heaven plus forced back in the deck really helps against apoqlip towers.

So, I've decided that I'll be running the tournament starting on Saturday. That work for everyone?

I'll also hold the side tournament I mentioned earlier, but slightly different. I think I'm just going to make it a story deck side event where everyone uses a story deck with no changes. It makes things easier to manage all around, andd puts everyone on roughly equal ground (roughly, because I will allow dlc story decks, because I don't feel like they're really leagues better than the base game story decks anyways, and because I really want to run the superheavy samurai story deck). Only banned deck will be the seeker one with multiple copies of each exodia part and a ton of other forbidden cards, because that deck was stupid and not fun

You can PM me if you're interested in either or both events. I'll be making a new thread tomorrow about it which I'll link to here

Also, anyone have a good listing of good side deck choices to combat meta decks? I want to include a tips section in the tournament thread, and side decking can be confusing to those not familiar with the meta

Sayah

I probably won't join this tournament because I don't want to fail anyone like I did last time. If you're seeing a significant lack of entries though, then I'll try joining.
Also, anyone have a good listing of good side deck choices to combat meta decks? I want to include a tips section in the tournament thread, and side decking can be confusing to those not familiar with the meta

Horn of Heaven
Force Back
Dimensional fissure
Macro Cosmos

Banish cards that aren't useful at a wide level scale but still good:
Dimensional Prison
Deep Dark Trap Hole
Dark Core
Memory of an Adversary

Fj0823

I probably won't join this tournament because I don't want to fail anyone like I did last time. If you're seeing a significant lack of entries though, then I'll try joining.

Horn of Heaven
Force Back
Dimensional fissure
Macro Cosmos

Banish cards that aren't useful at a wide level scale but still good:
Dimensional Prison
Deep Dark Trap Hole
Dark Core
Memory of an Adversary

I cant enter as I won't be at my GF's house and we won't have plus till january for the reasons explained above :p

Also you might like these

Sayah

I cant enter as I won't be at my GF's house and we won't have plus till january for the reasons explained above :p

Also you might like these

Also, adding three other potentially useful anti-meta cards:

Kaiser Colosseum
Royal Prison
And the Band Played On

macklelol

I'll agree with Macro Cosmos/Dimension Fissure being solid cards to side deck, as long as it doesn't hinder you as well lol.

Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror and Light-Imprisoning Mirror are both decent choices. SIM slows down Burning Abyss and Shadolls, while LIM is good against tellarknights.

Generic Spell/Trap removal would also be a solid option, stuff like Fairy Wind and extra MSTs not used in the main deck could fit in well. More options to destroy scales can help against decks that rely on Pendulum summoning. Though that could backfire on you as well lol.

Iron Imperial Wall could be good against Nekroz, stops them from banishing their own cards to search out their rituals, and is useful against any decks that like to banish everything.

Maybe stuff like Vanity's Emptiness and Skill Drain is worth a mention since they're both at 3 in this format, but those are cards you'll probably be using in the main deck if you use them at all.

Oh my gawd I'm so bad at Yu-Gi-Oh!

Getting my ass handed to me by Yami Bakura in Campaign mode. I'm only playing with the Story deck because that's how I want to play. He always stalls the crap out of me until he gets that stupid ass Destiny Board card on the field(the one that spells out "Final" and auto ends the Duel), and I can NEVER get anything to stop it. If I could just draw a simple card that destroys all spell/trap cards on the field I would be GOLDEN, but I can never get one!

I suck lol.

Oh my gawd I'm so bad at Yu-Gi-Oh!

Getting my ass handed to me by Yami Bakura in Campaign mode. I'm only playing with the Story deck because that's how I want to play. He always stalls the crap out of me until he gets that stupid ass Destiny Board card on the field(the one that spells out "Final" and auto ends the Duel), and I can NEVER get anything to stop it. If I could just draw a simple card that destroys all spell/trap cards on the field I would be GOLDEN, but I can never get one!

I suck lol.

Exile of the Wicked, if you don't have it by your 4th turn. Just restart the duel. You need key cards that duel.

Westlo

Also, Archlord Kristya REALLY locks down the qliphort deck. I mean damn. I'm easily defeating qliphorts.

Damn, need to get that... I like played one ranked game with my half (at best) complete agents deck against a qliphort deck and pretty much watched him play for two turns.....

Top Bottom