• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zach Cregger directing the new Resident Evil movie

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Zach Cregger is no longer directing Clue. Instead, the Barbarian director is swapping Sony projects

Cregger isn’t leaving the Sony stable, however. Instead, he’ll be moving over to the PlayStation Productions arm of the studio to tackle a reboot of one of the studio’s most popular and enduring videogame franchises: Resident Evil.

According to The InSneider, the decision comes largely down to money. Cregger is reported to have wanted $4m to direct Clue, while Sony would only offer $1.5m. When it came to a reboot of the studio’s popular survival horror series, though, Sony was more than willing to meet Cregger’s asking price and so the filmmaker has switched projects.

Who is this person? I don't know so here's this:
Zachary Michael Cregger (born March 1, 1981) is an American comedian, actor, writer, director and producer. He first came to prominence as one of the three founding members, alongside Trevor Moore and Sam Brown, of the New York City-based comedy troupe The Whitest Kids U' Know. He later starred in the sitcoms Friends with Benefits, Guys with Kids, and Wrecked. He also starred in the film Miss March, which he co-directed and co-wrote with Moore. In 2022, Cregger wrote and directed the horror film Barbarian, which was a commercial success and opened to positive critical reviews.

Last edited:

splattered

Animated GIF

RagnarokIV

Zachary Michael Cregger (born March 1, 1981) is an American comedian, actor, writer, director and producer. He first came to prominence as one of the three founding members, alongside Trevor Moore and Sam Brown, of the New York City-based comedy troupe The Whitest Kids U' Know. He later starred in the sitcoms Friends with Benefits, Guys with Kids, and Wrecked. He also starred in the film Miss March, which he co-directed and co-wrote with Moore. In 2022, Cregger wrote and directed the horror film Barbarian, which was a commercial success and opened to positive critical reviews.

mad ramsey GIF by Gordon Ramsay

RagnarokIV

mad ramsey GIF by Gordon Ramsay

SJRB

Gold Member
Barbarian was such a weird movie. But competently made which, as far as Resident Evil movies go, is a step up.

Roberts

Cregger is great. I was definitely surprised that a guy who’s done silly sketch comedy 20 years ago appears out of nowhere again and makes something like Barbarian, a movie that works so well mostly because he knows how to fuck with the audience and knows where to put the camera to get the right effect. It’s a movie as hilarious as it is creepy. I hope they give him freedom to make something fresh out of RE lore.

Last edited:
If you told me 15 years ago that the director of Miss March would one day direct a Resident Evil movie, I would have laughed myself into a coma

GrayChild

Nah, considering how consistently terrible all RE film adaptations were, I can't care less about this one either. I'm done hoping that "this time they'll get it right".

Top Bottom