• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

I saw someone playing the game, pretty far into Lorule and he never got the second item pouch.

Me: Dude! How did you miss the...
Him: I know, but I don't want to know, I want to find it by myself.
Me: HOW DID YOU NEVER WENT THERE!?

I didn't find it either. Unless you run around specifically after she mentions it, it's pretty easy to just, never go there. Had to look it up.

ramyeon

I didn't find it either. Unless you run around specifically after she mentions it, it's pretty easy to just, never go there. Had to look it up.
I don't get it. I really don't know how you can miss it. You don't have to run around, she specifically tells you where to go. And if you've played ALttP you already know that area should have some significance.

Mecca

I don't get it. I really don't know how you can miss it. You don't have to run around, she specifically tells you where to go. And if you've played ALttP you already know that area should have some significance.

I've never played ALTTP and I don't even remember the pouch being mentioned in the game so I had no idea it was thing until I stumbled on to it by accident.

I suppose if you don't explore, you can miss a lot of things in this game. Even if you do explore, it's easy to overlook a section if you are focused on a certain goal like getting to the next dungeon and you forget to go back.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here wants a club nintendo code for SM3DW? Think you need to be europe

Quote to get pm

Touchdown

Banned
Just picked up my special edition LOZ DS XL. I'm so excited!!! I need game recommendations now though. :p Wasn't there a thread for that?

Mistle

The thing with the pouch though is you actually have to avoid going there. You get clear instruction to go "down" and into the "woods" (or whatever).

Though maybe I can't talk. I've done 3 dungeons and still haven't come across the Maimai Mother thing. And I've been exploring a lot (I have pegasus boots and flippers and such).

I haven't even gotten to Lorule yet, so maybe it's ok.

Tom_Cody

Quick question:

Do streetpass achievements carry over into subsequent playthroughs? I didn't realize that there were achievements related to using un-upgraded items until I had already upgraded most of mine.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The thing with the pouch though is you actually have to avoid going there. You get clear instruction to go "down" and into the "woods" (or whatever).

Though maybe I can't talk. I've done 3 dungeons and still haven't come across the Maimai Mother thing. And I've been exploring a lot (I have pegasus boots and flippers and such).

I haven't even gotten to Lorule yet, so maybe it's ok.

Well, I went there, but it was before Gulley disappeared. So I was like "okay I know what's in here." You have to go BACK there later, to get the pouch. Which I did, just in the course of goin random places for the fuck of it, but I can see why someone wouldn't feel compelled to check the place out again.

Also, I thought I had full-maxed the game, until I realized I only gave that stupid fairy fountain like 800 rupees, and forgot to go back to see if anything happened if I just kept droppin shit in there. NOW I've got everything. :D

I was so pissed about missing the
red tunic
though. I got every chest in every dungeon, and thought I had gotten all of them in the last dungeon, but somehow I just IGNORED one on the map. Goddamn it!

-MB-

I was excited for Zelda U since Skyward Sword, but then again i'm in the minority

I was equally excited, but my fear is that the awesome M+ swordplay won't return, which will make me very sad.
Bu I guess if it takes after ALBW that sadness might quickly fade.

So I returned the black 3DS XL and got the gold Zelda 3DS XL. The thinking was it would be more recent production batch and I could avoid more broken shoulder buttons. The gold color is not as bad as I thought it would be, almost as good as all black and I think it will hold its value better. Best of all the shoulder buttons are EVEN and nice. So much better than the uneven shoulder buttons on the black 3DS XL I returned. Good move for me. But of course now I have both a digital code and a hard copy of A Link Between Worlds. I'll play the hard copy for now.

Just beat it. 18051 rupees found 0 deaths. I don't know how they would do it, but I want a sequel to this game.

Right now I'm pondering whether it's better than LttP or not. I just played about halfway through LttP before starting LBW, so it's fresh in my mind. I'm leaning towards LBW right now.

KHlover

Banned
Don't feel too bad. A friend of mine didn't discover the Maimai mother until he finished the main story.

I almost missed her, too. Found the cave by chance. When did the Maimais appear anyways? Either I am an idiot or they just appeared after the first Lorule sequence without any hint...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Finished it. Simply brilliant game. Fast, fluid, fun, no filler whatsoever, no bullshit, no garbage, perfectly tuned, tight, all those adjectives, blah blah, beautiful, sounds great, makes me love video gaming.

Bravo.

Neiteio

I've been taking the game very slowly, and I've uncovered just about every dungeon in Lorule, but haven't gone into them yet. I'm trying to do the Thieves' Hideout first, but I can't find out how to get inside. Don't spoil it for me, but tell me, I can do this dungeon first, correct? I got enough Pieces of Heart for a few extra containers in the course of trying to find out how to get in, lol.

ramyeon

Well, I went there, but it was before Gulley disappeared. So I was like "okay I know what's in here." You have to go BACK there later, to get the pouch. Which I did, just in the course of goin random places for the fuck of it, but I can see why someone wouldn't feel compelled to check the place out again.
Why would you not be compelled to check again when you specifically get a prompt telling you to? The only way you'd miss it is if you just ignore that prompt.

Can't understand missing the Maiamai Mother either since her cave is on the way to the House of Gales and looks pretty different to the regular bomb-able caves.

Grizzo

So what are everybodys' favorite songs from the game?

Zora's Domain.

I still need to beat the final dungeon and boss so we'll see if some songs there will change my mind. Such a spectacular soundtrack from Nintendo once again. I'm really impressed.

Mine is Zora's Domain as well ! Actually I already wrote about how lovely it sounds (even more so with the waterfalls sound effect) a few pages ago :D

Doran902

hinted at not to buy this game.......means im getting it for christmas, gonna be longgggg wait

loaded up some link to the past on vc hehe

Drago

I've been taking the game very slowly, and I've uncovered just about every dungeon in Lorule, but haven't gone into them yet. I'm trying to do the Thieves' Hideout first, but I can't find out how to get inside. Don't spoil it for me, but tell me, I can do this dungeon first, correct? I got enough Pieces of Heart for a few extra containers in the course of trying to find out how to get in, lol.

I'm pretty sure the only dungeon that you can't do first is
Desert Palace. You need an item you get after Thieves' Hideout to complete it.

edit: beaten

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Why would you not be compelled to check again when you specifically get a prompt telling you to? The only way you'd miss it is if you just ignore that prompt.

I don't remember a prompt. I know they were like "oh no he's missing, last we saw him was in the forest" or something like that, but honestly I thought it was referring to the top-left of the map. Even then, plenty of people were disappearing, and going to where they used to be wasn't really the answer for any of them.

ramyeon

I don't remember a prompt. I know they were like "oh no he's missing, last we saw him was in the forest" or something like that, but honestly I thought it was referring to the top-left of the map. Even then, plenty of people were disappearing, and going to where they used to be wasn't really the answer for any of them.
She said Forest to the South ;) and then when you go there she's there.
Dunno how more obvious they could make it without just directly telling you "Go here now".

StAidan

I feel like I've explored every inch of both worlds and still haven't found the fairy fountain for tossing rupees in. I wouldn't even know it existed if not for this thread.

I think I've found everything else that's given others some trouble, so not too bad I guess.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Can't understand missing the Maiamai Mother either since her cave is on the way to the House of Gales and looks pretty different to the regular bomb-able caves.

I saw that cave before I bought bombs (was buying everything instead of renting) so it totally slipped my mind later on. As a result, I didn't start that sidequest until I had two dungeons left in the game lol

Wazzy

Banned
Just beat it. I absolutely love this game. That ending was fantastic and there were quite a few twists there that surprised me.

I personally liked the difficulty of the game but I can see why it might bother others. I have yet to try Hero Mode but I'll come back to it at some point.

This is probably my favourite handheld Zelda.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Whatever people worked on this game, need to be heading the Wii U Zelda. I still can't believe how amazing this game is. Hero Mode is destroying me. Zelda games have been somewhat joyless husks for years now, except for the odd remake...to see the franchise returns this gloriously is...T_T. What's the best is that usually, the fanbase tears itself apart with every new release. But for ALBW, all the Zelda fan forums are just...glowing with praise and love. So good. Nintendo just...united the fans mostly. And that's glorious.

The music in this game is truly something else.

Headphones requirement should be on the box.

It's the tightest Zelda game I've played since MM. Just the right amount of story for a 2D Zelda. No filler. No bullshit tutorials. No forced linearity. In fact, I'd say it's the first proper Zelda game in a decade.

Grizzo

So what were the hardest dungeons for you ? I think
Ice Ruins
and
Turtle Rock
gave me the most trouble. Nothing really severe though. But I felt a little lost in
Ice Ruins
(I chose to do it first) and I was tired of getting burned in the first few rooms of
Turtle Rock

Kifimbo

Might have found a bug/design error. I'm trapped in a room in
Swamp Palace
and I can't get out. Bottom left one in 1F. I initally left the room, but I came back and the door closed. Now there is nothing I can do to get out.

flowsnake

Swamp Palace
and I can't get out. Bottom left one in 1F. I initally left the room, but I came back and the door closed. Now there is nothing I can do to get out.

I think I know what you're talking about, but why doesn't the other door work?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Swamp Palace

It's possible that I know what you're talking about. You may need to use the hookshot on a valve. Maybe.

Anteo

Swamp Palace

Oh yeah I remember that. You can get out of there. I think you can play with the hookshot

I can't wait!! I got the Zelda XL bundle from my wifey boo for our anniversary and I'm counting the seconds until I get to tear into it!

Got my ass kicked after 3rd dungeon. Now I'm just trying to figure out
what to do after the Lorule Castle thing and Hilda let me loose

I can't wait!! I got the Zelda XL bundle from my wifey boo for our anniversary and I'm counting the seconds until I get to tear into it!

That's so cute!! Im sure she will enjoy the game too

Moff

Why is this? I genuinely thought you could do them in any order you want.

this is the only exception.
the reason behind it, if I have to guess, are probably the titan gloves you find in in the desert palace. they are needed for a lot of exploration in the overworld. so with this they keep at least a tiny sense of exploration progression on the game. I think its alright.

I just finished my first 2 dungeons in lorule hero mode and still love the game, it just plays so damn good. but I just felt the need to play the original nes zelda game again. luckily its on my 3DSXL, as well as zelda 2 and links awakening.
I just wished they addead ALTTP for the 3DS virtual console and nothing could stop mit 2d zelda marathon before finishing hero mode ALBW.

Top Bottom