• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Isn't "Nintendo UK" run by the same people as GAME or am I remembering wrong?
I don't see any obvious signs that they are run by the same people. Nintendo's UK Store seems to be run by Nintendo themselves. They're also offering the Luigi 3DSXL whereas GAME's website doesn't even have the unit for sale.

Move the spoiler thread to community please, all it takes is one absent-minded click at the moment (´・ω・`)

D-e-f-

Banned
That's quite an evolution lol. I remember back when he made Mario Kart Wii music, basically no one cared :|

Mario Kart music has always been crap since after the SNES game. It's why I'm so mad they never implement audio options that let me turn it down but keep the FX sounds. Don't think it's his fault.

Ninjimbo

Most of the reviews are commending the rental system, which is a fresh switch for the series if sounds like
It's an interesting idea. There are some people saying it hurts the sense of discovery though. There are also some reviews criticizing the familiarity since ALBW pretty much takes place in LTTP's overworld.

I don't know how I feel about those things yet. They could hurt the game or it could be just another thing I brush off because the rest of the game is so stellar.

demidar

It's an interesting idea. There are some people saying it hurts the sense of discovery though. There are also some reviews criticizing the familiarity since ALBW pretty much takes place in LTTP's overworld.

I don't know how I feel about those things yet. They could hurt the game or it could be just another thing I brush off because the rest of the game is so stellar.

I think it's great from a design standpoint. For those who aren't really good at games, they can make steady process buying the items. For those who think they're hot shit, they can add a little risk to their adventures (something recent Zelda games lack) in exchange for faster progression so they don't feel held back by the game's safety net/security blanket catering.

Gsnap

I think it's great from a design standpoint. For those who aren't really good at games, they can make steady process buying the items. For those who think they're hot shit, they can add a little risk to their adventures (something recent Zelda games lack) in exchange for faster progression so they don't feel held back by the game's safety net/security blanket catering.

It's definitely interesting. Makes the pacing completely player-controlled, which is so good for replays. Makes me think this will be the kind of game I play many times over. Constantly taking different routes, doing dungeons in different orders. Speedrunning, etc.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Move the spoiler thread to community please, all it takes is one absent-minded click at the moment (´・ω・`)

Stay focused!

Anyway, a mod would have to do that, but it's not common practice

Danneee

Traded in some games I've finished or won't play again for this and the preorder chest. Next friday (and the one after that) can't come soon enough.

ozfunghi

I really don't like the aesthetics of this game. I find them... well, ugly really. This has to be one of the few/first Nintendo games i find visually appalling.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Let me help all the people thinking of trading in games. Do you want to play one of the best, and unique Zeldas in years, on it's launch day with the rest of us? If so, TRADE DAT STUFF SON (DAUGHTER?!)

Listen to the OST. You know it to be true.

javac

I don't see any obvious signs that they are run by the same people. Nintendo's UK Store seems to be run by Nintendo themselves. They're also offering the Luigi 3DSXL whereas GAME's website doesn't even have the unit for sale.

The store is run by zavvi by the looks of it. Same UI as well in regards to the account stuff and order info.

EDIT: Yup the site mentions The Hut.

Nintendo (or The Hut.Com Limited on Nintendo's behalf)

Let me help all the people thinking of trading in games. Do you want to play one of the best, and unique Zeldas in years, on it's launch day with the rest of us? If so, TRADE DAT STUFF SON (DAUGHTER?!)

Listen to the OST. You know it to be true.

Except trading Kid Icarus in for anything is a crime against nature :p Link wouldn't approve!

oatmeal

Banned
I was planning on buying this Digitally and then eventually Physical later (I collect Zelda games)...but then I realized I had about 25 dollars in credit on Amazon.

I also had $10 in my SOFTWARE/VIDEOGAMES credit.

So I went into the help and asked how I redeem that...they said if I place an order they will add it manually.

Then this happened:

Candace:Let me take care of the extra $10.00.
Me:Awesome, that's great
Candace:Okay Brandon, somehow I ended up giving you the game for free.
Me:Wow, really?
I am not going to complain about that...
Candace:Yes and I am not going to change it as well.

javac

I was planning on buying this Digitally and then eventually Physical later (I collect Zelda games)...but then I realized I had about 25 dollars in credit on Amazon.

So I went into the help and asked how I redeem that...they said if I place an order they will add it manually.

Then this happened:

Enjoy your free game :)

Then this happened:

Lucky SOB :p I shall be paying full price like a hard-working honest citizen...

demidar

Then this happened:

Lucky fucker.

zroid

Banned

Then this happened:

lol wat

Candace is getting fired before Christmas... actually it's probably company policy to just go with it. Amazon hate pissing off customers and will usually give you shit if you're annoyed.

Vibranium

Banned
I really don't like the aesthetics of this game. I find them... well, ugly really. This has to be one of the few/first Nintendo games i find visually appalling.

It grows on you I think, and from what a lot of people are saying the game looks excellent in motion. A large group of people on GAF are always going on about 60 FPS anyways, so Nintendo provided.

Can't freaking wait for this one, it'll be awesome. And then hopefully we'll have either a Majora's Mask remake or sequel on the 3Ds in the next couple years.

Servbot24

Banned

Yeah, they're honestly keeping me from getting over-hyped for this game.

I'd rather have 30fps and good art. No competition.

Lotto

I still haven't warmed up to this game's art direction but I have faith in seeing it in motion. If there's one thing I've figured out it's that screenshots usually never do a game justice. Game seems to be something special with all the high praise/scores so I'm probably going to get it. It'll be the first Zelda game I've played since Minish Cap!

cress2000

Has it been confirmed that all European versions of this game are the same (as in, all language options)? Or at least that the German release has an English text option?

I want to buy this game as a gift to a friend living in Germany, but I think she'd prefer the game in English. It'll be slightly cheaper for me to buy from amazon.de than amazon.co.uk, and she'd get it on release day too.

The Boat

I think the game looks really good in motion. Not just because the 3D and 60 fps are awesome, but because it just looks good. Screenshots and videos on the PC don't do it justice and focusing on screenshots where they show Link upclose, something that rarely happens is misleading.

It's not a groundbreaking and highly imaginative art direction, but I like the look. I see no merit in the claims that it's lifeless, sterile, boring or whatever.

Then this happened:

Candace:

97VP

eXistor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM1lc20PV-o&feature=youtube_gdata

Im having a tough time seeing how the visuals are horrible in this game.

I don't mind the visuals in LBW (and I do believe you have to see it first-hand), but seeing them compared like this really nails home that LttP has a way more attractive look. It's a more inviting look that has more warmth if that makes sense.

But the visuals have been talked about too much imo, I'm sure the game is gonna be a classic and I couldn't be more excited for it.

Top Bottom