• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Huh?

Neo Member
I would feast upon the reactions if Zelda U had that art-style.

A new temple + move (Hurricane Spin), but only if you completed the included Four Swords. Which I never got to because boo multi-cart.

The English version also has a slightly different translation from the SNES/VC release.

Anyway, I think Nintendo should put the GBA version up on the eShop with the added features of the Anniversary Edition of Four Swords.

Omg @ John TV's impressions, especially sound related.

I think I'm going on a blackout now. Yes. Full blackout.

Oh what it was to find "Zelda 3" in my mom's trunk one day when I was a youngun...and now a worthy sequel appears!

CANNOT. WAIT.

Maiar_m

I'm only one dungeon in and I'm so fucking charmed it must be illegal. Art isn't what I'd like it to be, but it's got soul and the gameplay is beyond great. ALTTP on turbo mode.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Finished it earlier tonight. Wrote a few comments on my Twitter, so I'll just paste 'em here:

- Finished #ALBW. My favorite Zelda since Majora's Mask, maaaaybe since ALTTP. So, so good. Post-clear playtime:

BZQ7USqIQAATgXd.jpg

- Lots of powerful nostalgia for peeps who played ALTTP, and of course much of it comes from the music, which was just phenomenal.

- I wouldn't give it a 10, but prolly a 9 or 9.5. Big steps in the right direction with regard to (lack of) hand-holding and linearity.

- Dungeons could've been a little longer, I think. Or just give us more of 'em in exchange for them not being quite as large.

- This guy is listed in the credits as the composer, BTW. Dude deserves a medal: http://www.mariowiki.com/Ryo_Nagamatsu

Hey John.,

Was Hidemaro Fujibayashi (Skyward Sword Director) the director on this baby? I kind of assume he is.

Contender for thread title of the year right here.

Anyway I'm starting to feel the hype for this; despite being a bit underwhelmed by recent Zeldas, this really seems to be shaking things up, and the non-linear dungeons and item renting sounds like a lot of fun. Also 3D at 60fps? SOLD.

sphagnum

Banned
End story spoilers are up on 4chan from the French guy who beat the game already (he posted pictures to go along with it, so these are legit).

EDIT: Removed and put in the spoiler thread.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Could someone provide a spoiler tagged answer to how many full dungeons with a boss are in the game? Just a number will do.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So yeah, I said I wasn't going to be the game at launch because of all my monies being spent on next-gen. And then I listened to the soundtrack, saying: "Well it ain't too bad, I can wait a month or two"

Except no, I can't wait. Went out and prepaid this shit. Time to eat ramen for a while!

Dr.Hadji

Not sure how to feel, SS was good, but just seemed lacking, especially after Fujibayashi's last Zelda game was minish cap.

Eh you might be reading too much into it. Design wise, can't say there is anything in Minish Cap that I would put above SS besides the world map design. Which is a large put of Zelda for a lot of people. But as shown with this new game (hopefully) Nintendo can really do most any style of wants and pull it off. SS's design with a more classical notion of an overworld and I'm sure people would eat that up.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How about we just make a spoiler thread? This thread is already getting dangerous

Ninjimbo

I'm kind of wary of all these perfect scores. A lot of them seem to be coming from people have heavy nostalgia for LttP. I love that game but I've never thought the series needed to revisit anything from it. My expectations shall remain grounded.

Tunavi

Banned
I'm kind of wary of all these perfect scores. A lot of them seem to be coming from people have heavy nostalgia for LttP. I love that game but I've never thought the series needed to revisit anything from it. My expectations shall remain grounded.
Most of the reviews are commending the rental system, which is a fresh switch for the series if sounds like

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Taking a bit of a risk by ordering this from Nintendo UK directly. Bit more than I should spend but it was the only way to get the chest without going through GAME. They've certainly been friendly with the emails, almost overly so, but lets hope they are not too funny about when they send it out.

Atrarock

This spoiler free review makes a good point at the 2:00 mark on the top down Zelda games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaaSnX0B1yU

The top down 2D Zeldas are have faster gameplay than the 3D Zeldas.
I'd say it stems from the fact that getting from one place to the other is just quicker. 3D games are much bigger, therefore having places that take longer to get there.

Majora's Mask being a small exception since it provides something nice like the Bunny Hood's double speed and the Goron Mask's extremely quick rolling speed. We just need better ways to travel (or Pegasus boots in every game)

Taking a bit of a risk by ordering this from Nintendo UK directly. Bit more than I should spend but it was the only way to get the chest without going through GAME. They've certainly been friendly with the emails, almost overly so, but lets hope they are not too funny about when they send it out.

Isn't "Nintendo UK" run by the same people as GAME or am I remembering wrong?

Top Bottom