• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Tookay

You know what Zelda game has an amazing soundtrack and is criminally underrated? Spirit Tracks. That might be one of my top Zelda soundtracks. It's just so good.

Title Theme
Realm Overworld
Troubled Realm
Final Preparations
Byrne Helps
The Best Zelda Final Boss Theme

I would kill for a fully orchestrated version of this soundtrack.

Maybe this can tide you over.

I don't get it.

Agahnim is pretty much just Ganon spelled differently. It's sort of silly on the level of Lorule.

Volotaire

I thought my yesterday's rips were kinda bad (and I actually corrected some noise today!) but damn at that previous youtube link, the capture is horrible!

Anyway, I got an eargasm when arriving in Lorule so I accelerated the process.
I don't believe this music will be spoiler, as pretty much everyone know what to expect after reading the OT or playing ALttP.
Check this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/52917364345221531/
And if Kurt is somewhere here, to continue the discussion about Hyrule Castle music in the reviews thread, yeah, there is a good version of it in the game!

Thank you!

john tv

Finished it earlier tonight. Wrote a few comments on my Twitter, so I'll just paste 'em here:

- Finished #ALBW. My favorite Zelda since Majora's Mask, maaaaybe since ALTTP. So, so good. Post-clear playtime:

BZQ7USqIQAATgXd.jpg

- Lots of powerful nostalgia for peeps who played ALTTP, and of course much of it comes from the music, which was just phenomenal.

- I wouldn't give it a 10, but prolly a 9 or 9.5. Big steps in the right direction with regard to (lack of) hand-holding and linearity.

- Dungeons could've been a little longer, I think. Or just give us more of 'em in exchange for them not being quite as large.

- This guy is listed in the credits as the composer, BTW. Dude deserves a medal: http://www.mariowiki.com/Ryo_Nagamatsu

Finished it earlier tonight. Wrote a few comments on my Twitter, so I'll just paste 'em here:

- Finished #ALBW. My favorite Zelda since Majora's Mask, maaaaybe since ALTTP. So, so good. Post-clear playtime:

BZQ7USqIQAATgXd.jpg

- Lots of powerful nostalgia for peeps who played ALTTP, and of course much of it comes from the music, which was just phenomenal.

- I wouldn't give it a 10, but prolly a 9 or 9.5. Big steps in the right direction with regard to (lack of) hand-holding and linearity.

- Dungeons could've been a little longer, I think. Or just give us more of 'em in exchange for them not being quite as large.

- This guy is listed in the credits as the composer, BTW. Dude deserves a medal: http://www.mariowiki.com/Ryo_Nagamatsu

I kinda share the same opinion. I liked it better than ALTTP.

JoeInky

RIP TIMELINE

It may just be a nod and not anything story related though, similar to the Mario paintings in OoT.

But alttp2 is in the fallen hero timeline which is completely unrelated to MM, obviously the skull kid never got his hands on Majora's Mask in this timeline, don't see how it ruins it.

BZQ7USqIQAATgXd.jpg

Oh man this post isn't helping my hype. Glad to hear you enjoyed it a lot.

demidar

BZQ7USqIQAATgXd.jpg

Better than Majora's Mask? Oh no, hype spiraling out of control...

RagnarokX

RIP TIMELINE

It may just be a nod and not anything story related though, similar to the Mario paintings in OoT.

Guess what other Zelda game had Mario paintings.

sFmQcPD.png

And ALBW takes place in a different timeline from the one MM took place in. That info has no impact on timelines.

john tv

JohnTV, did you complete the game 100%???? all items, all caves, all everything??
Nope, probably 95% though. I was pretty thorough. If you want to know specifics (warning: spoilers):

I'm missing 5 heart pieces, one item that I know of (somehow I went the entire game without ever getting the Net...WTF), and the hardest level of a couple of the mini-games to clear. Will point out, too, that I never used the fortune-teller for anything, nor did I ask any media or NOA friends for help!

john tv

BTW, re: Majora's Mask in Link's house -
there's no real story reason for it to be there that I know of. I see two reasons for it to exist:

1. If you merge into the wall and stand behind it, it's perfectly placed to look like Link is wearing it. (In other words, the devs were just having some fun.)

2. Since it's got no real story value, seems to me like it very well could just be a hint at the next remake, no? Hope so, anyway.

My favorite Zelda since Majora's Mask, maaaaybe since ALTTP. So, so good.
Dude, there is not a way you could have put it that would have made me more hyped. I'm trying to keep my expectations low given my feelings on the franchise in recent years, but the way you frame it is difficult to ignore. Those are my two favorites, and imo they put everything post-MM to shame. Now I have to wait until next Friday to play, and balance it against Super Mario 3D Land. WHHHHHYYYYYY????

Oxx

I think I might wait until December until getting this. My 3DS backlog is already substantial.

I guess I'm just not quite as hyped as I thought. I've been reading all the spoilers on the recent pages.

zeldablue

Has anyone beaten the game on hard mode....with quadruple damage and all that? Aonuma said there was a secret after that!

Right!?!

MechaX

I didn't even plan on picking this up, but given the impressions, I just might.

I have a bit of a problem getting through 2D-style Zeldas for some reason, but at the request of a friend, I think I'm just going to power through A Link to the Past.

What version would be best to go through and how long would it take?

D-e-f-

Banned
I didn't even plan on picking this up, but given the impressions, I just might.

I have a bit of a problem getting through 2D-style Zeldas for some reason, but at the request of a friend, I think I'm just going to power through A Link to the Past.

What version would be best to go through and how long would it take?

What do you mean by "version?" There are no different "versions" of it (no need to bring up the GBA port with Four Swords since that is the exact same game with extra content hardly anybody will ever see due to the multiplayer requirement for FS)

MechaX

What do you mean by "version?" There are no different "versions" of it (no need to bring up the GBA port with Four Swords since that is the exact same game with extra content hardly anybody will ever see due to the multiplayer requirement for FS)

Yeah, I was mostly referring to the GBA port since I played that very briefly some years ago, but I didn't know exactly what new content was in it.

Oh lawd. Also now that you've reminded me, I still want a proper Zelda game with the Zelda Battle Quest aesthetic!

I would feast upon the reactions if Zelda U had that art-style.

Yeah, I was mostly referring to the GBA port since I played that very briefly some years ago, but I didn't know exactly what new content was in it.

A new temple + move (Hurricane Spin), but only if you completed the included Four Swords. Which I never got to because boo multi-cart.

Fabrik

Banned
Got it yesterday at Fnac. Seems everyone is seliing it one week early in France.
The beginning might be one of my new favourite Zelda beginnings.
The game looks amazing in 3D and dare I say it, has more charm than ALTTP.
The characters are more alive and full of personality. Ocarina Of Time characterization with ALTTP structure basically.

Vidiot

Btw, the Majora's Mask
is Link's, not Ravio's. It's there from the start of the game before Ravio takes over Link's house.

Well I would guess that
it was given to Link's family for safe keeping by the Happy Mask salesman. I know it isn't the same timeline as MM but the salesman is a mysterious guy and he might have somehow known that there is no safer place for such a powerful relic then with Link.

epmode

GAF, did anyone get a code for Oracle of Ages from pre-ordering at Best Buy or will it only be emailed at release?

maxcriden

BZQ7USqIQAATgXd.jpg

Thanks for the info! 24 hrs for 95% or so seems like a reasonable play time. In terms of 3DS games, I felt like LM: DM was a reasonably long adventure and that was 20 hrs or so.

maxcriden

GAF, did anyone get a code for Oracle of Ages from pre-ordering at Best Buy or will it only be emailed at release?

From what I remember for the Gamestop one at least, it will print out on your receipt when you pick it up in store, so I imagine you will get an online one emailed at release.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
From what I remember for the Gamestop one at least, it will print out on your receipt when you pick it up in store, so I imagine you will get an online one emailed at release.

Yes the download code will be on your receipt when you pick up your game.

Top Bottom