• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Cryxok

Got my copy earlier today and almost got a friend fired for that (I'm in Mexico btw)
Loving the music and the dialogs, but the art style has yet to grow on me...

I don't remember if it was already in previous titles but I like the fact that boss monsters blink red when they're about to die as an indicator.

So GAF I have the physical copy on order from Amazon and an order for the Zelda 3DS XL from Gamestop which comes with the game. As I'm in Australia, both of these won't arrive till next week, am I wrong for wanting to download it now anyway ._.

ASIS

So GAF I have the physical copy on order from Amazon and an order for the Zelda 3DS XL from Gamestop which comes with the game. As I'm in Australia, both of these won't arrive till next week, am I wrong for wanting to download it now anyway ._.

You made the wrong choice, now you must suffer.

Downhome

Both this and Mario 3D World is downloading. Going to be a great night

Same here, other than after they are finished downloading I have to go right to sleep. I'm already up over an hour later than I should be. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I just didn't want to have to wait for Mario to download when I get home from work tomorrow, and Zelda I'll be able to take with me TO work, haha.

+Aliken+

Both this and Mario 3D World is downloading. Going to be a great night

It's insane to release both games on the same day... As a European I am somehow happy that we get Zelda on the 22nd and Mario on the 29th.
At least I have one full week to dedicate to Zelda.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Gonna sleep on this game until I replay LttP but I'm downloading 3D World.

Hope you guys like it though :)

Glix

Just got back from gamestop!!! I'll post impressions in a bit!

So hyped!

There were about 20 peeps there for an Xbone and three Zelda peeps. Long Island, NY

Got my XL and I'm all set.
Well... almost (You'll probably hate me for this).

I decided I want the physical copy of ALBW. So rather than pay an extra $40 out the door, I just texted my brother my download code so he can enjoy it himself, then he can buy the game card from a retailer for me this weekend. I'll be visiting him on Monday.

I'm just glad to have finally upgraded my 3DS.

Just got back from gamestop!!! I'll post impressions in a bit!

So hyped!

There were about 20 peeps there for an Xbone and three Zelda peeps. Long Island, NY

Here, I saw 15+ for Xbone and 10 for Zelda. Don't know who was getting Mario.

balgajo

Got my XL and I'm all set.
Well... almost (You'll probably hate me for this).

I decided I want the physical copy of ALBW. So rather than pay an extra $40 out the door, I just texted my brother my download code so he can enjoy it himself, then he can buy the game card from a retailer for me this weekend. I'll be visiting him on Monday.

I'm just glad to have finally upgraded my 3DS.

Here, I saw 15 for Xbone and 10 for Zelda. Don't know who is getting Mario.

I Can't be this cold blooded....XD

You made the wrong choice, now you must suffer.
The only thing stopping me right now is that I know I won't get a chance to play it until next week anyway as I'm trying to finish off Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword first and should have those done this weekend anyway.

120v

downloading now...

i cannot believe i'm about to play the direct sequel to a Link to the Past. that game was the holy grail of my childhood.

i should have taken work off. this is like a holy day for me

downloading now...

i cannot believe i'm about to play the direct sequel to a Link to the Past. that game was the holy grail of my childhood.

i should have taken work off. this is like a holy day for me

I feel the same way! But sadly I have to wait until the morning to get my 3ds bundle :(

The framerate, the music, the controls, the overworld (although revamped). Everything is so buttery smooth that watching this game being played not on a 3DS just feels wrong. It's just that good.

Enjoy the game, everyone!

They rearranged one of my favorite pieces from LTTP: the cave music WITH the splashy footsteps/waterdrops. I basically squealed.

So, question for you 3DSXL owners.

This is my first ever 3DS, just came home with the Zelda model. It's beautiful, but...the D-Pad seems a little lose.

Like, it's not in danger of falling off, but it doesn't seem super tight. When I am on the e-shop and control up, down, left right, it's fine, but just the D-pad seems a bit off.

Is this normal for you other owners, or are your D-pads very tight on the XLs?

Anth0ny

Reminiscent of the intro to Link to the Past, I waited in the pouring rain for 30 minutes. Finally, I got inside the store, where I waited another 30 minutes.

But it is mine, at last:

photo1tpsi.jpg

TTYL GAF

#NOSLEEP

The Lamp

I must say, I absolutely love trolling Microsoft by crashing their Xbox One midnight launch at Best Buy and instead buying Super Mario 3D World and Legend of Zelda with the money I got from trading in my 360. :)

Can't wait to play these tomorrow morning.

omg_mjd

I keep opening up my XL to check my (very slow) download progress...which is dumb since that of course pauses it. Can't wait to play this game!

I was at gamestop earlier picking my copy up and the manager hired a DJ to play music outside. After a while that dubstep song used in Breaking Bad came on and I started snickering to myself.

Top Bottom