• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Vibranium

Banned
Heh, I'm just going to walk in to the store and get my copy, though I'm going to working all day I might go in the morning. I'll get to it...hopefully!

From a US 3DS, yes. The region is hard-coded into the 3DS itself. It doesn't care about your IP. You can always connect to your 3DS' regional stores.

Edit: that's true for all their systems, btw. It's how people import their Japanese Wii U stuff on the cheap. Get a JP system, then buy eShop money on play-asia and go digital for imports.

Wait...then how can I connect to the EU eShop and play the Bravely Default demo!?

'Tis a good day. :)

1zqg.jpg

I bought A Link Between Worlds even though I've already finished my review copy because I still want to play Hero Mode and I can't spare the over 5,000 blocks the digital version takes up on my SD card!

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
My brother is getting the Zelda themed 3DS XL with a digital code for the game... he has no need for it (due to purchasing the Collectors Edition), so he'll be texting me the download code tomorrow.

Aww. :)

BY2K

Membero Americo
EB Games Canada ‏@EBGamesCanada 3m
Zelda/Mario fans come out and join the party tonight! We'll have the LOZ 3DS bundle available tonight at Mindnight!

Man, the GameStop employee wasn't kidding.

... I'm fairly certain a huge SD Card would cost way less than a brand new copy of the game?

Yeah, I just realized that digital saves aren't usable with physical copies of a game, which is total balls (you can do that on Wii U and I mistakenly figured you can do it on 3DS, too).

Still, I'll keep the retail version because I much prefer owning physical retail copies of games over just digital versions, especially on Nintendo systems (for obvious reasons). It's just a bonus that I got to play and review Zelda early even if I can't use the save with my physical version, and I'll keep the digital version on my SD card for as long as I can until I really need that space.

So I've got this plan to simulate hero mode by taking only one heart from a dungeon and then relying only on heart pieces to increase Link's health. For people who finished the game, would that make the first playthrough a better experience?

Alrus

Yeah, I just realized that digital saves aren't usable with physical copies of a game, which is total balls (you can do that on Wii U and I mistakenly figured you can do it on 3DS, too).

Still, I'll keep the retail version because I much prefer owning physical retail copies of games over just digital versions, especially on Nintendo systems (for obvious reasons). It's just a bonus that I got to play and review Zelda early even if I can't use the save with my physical version, and I'll keep the digital version on my SD card for as long as I can until I really need that space.

I thought you could convert your save through some e-shop app or something? Nintendo has a really confusing way to go about the simplest things sometimes :/

TentPole

So I've got this plan to simulate hero mode by taking only one heart from a dungeon and then relying only on heart pieces to increase Link's health. For people who finished the game, would that make the first playthrough a better experience?

I always skip all of the Boss heart containers when playing new Zelda games. Makes finding heart pieces far more rewarding and the difficulty more appropriate overall.

I thought you could convert your save through some e-shop app or something? Nintendo has a really confusing way to go about the simplest things sometimes :/

I thought so as well. I'm getting BDFtS digitally in a couple of weeks and I thought I could transfer my data to a retail copy later.

I think that tool only works the other way around, i.e. using physical copy saves with digital versions. And yeah, Nintendo makes simple tasks unnecessarily complex way too often. :(

This is probably what I'll look like tomorrow when I run at the nearest store to pick this game up.

ilRgvDv8KrFri.gif

It truly feels good to be this excited for a 2D-style Zelda again.

Just called Gamestop to confirm and they will totally let me buy the 3DS XL Zelda bundle during the Xbox One Midnight launch, nggghhhhhhh

I've been on a bit of a media blackout with this game recently, but I couldn't help myself and started listening to a few track from the soundtrack. It's fantastic. I've been working longer hours this weeks, so I can keep my attention on this and 3D World this weekend. Needless to say, I can't wait!

iFirez

Got my copy here in the UK from ShopTo earlier today - however not had too much time to play it. But what I have played - it is fantastic - easily some of the best sound design I've heard in a Zelda game for years. The game also seems so smooth even with 3D on, quick sword swings, great animation and really nicely designed envrionments - Can't wait to play more.

Gilvasunner has been uploading the OST to youtube.

I cannot tell you how amazingly happy I am that Nintendo has finally embraced live instrumentation and orchestra into their OSTs. From the tepid steps with the Twilight Princess prologues, to the bold proclamation of the Galaxy games, to the complete variety of Kid Icarus Uprising... they're some of the best soundtracks out now, not only in terms of composition but the Nintendo games finally have the auditory fidelity that they deserve.

Finally 100%'d the game. Only after finding the only piece of heart I had missed did I realize that it was
the one they had shown in the demo commented by Aonuma

I might just start my Hero mode playthrough right away.

Frodo

The music in this game is fantastic! And I've only played for a little bit more than one hour.

Good start, right into the game. No hand-holding so far.

Edit: no, seriously, guys! PUT YOUR HEADPHONES ON!

StAidan

Excited as heck. I won't be downloading or hitting a midnight release party, but I'll be at Best Buy 10am sharp tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom