• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Nosgoroth

The download code that came with my 3DS XL seems to BE INVALID AAAAAAAAH. The eShop doesn't even recognise it as a valid code.

It's... supposed to be out already, right?

Nosgoroth

Does your Dpad seem loose at all? Other than this, this system is gorgeous. It's just my first 3DS and I don't know if it should seem like that

Not loose, but I have to press down (D-pad down direction, not the rest) a lot harder than I should for it to register. It's bothering me a lot.

Wow. I nostalgia'd like a motherfucker when (first 3 hoursish spoilers)
The background from the top of Hyrule Castle is the overworld from LTTP. WHAT AN AMAZING TOUCH.

Uhm, I mean it feels like every other 3DS XL d-pad I guess... I don't really know I haven't played one in a while but mine seems okay.

Not loose, but I have to press down (D-pad down direction, not the rest) a lot harder than I should for it to register. It's bothering me a lot.

Yeah, like if I barely touch it, then it rattles. However, it's very responsive, I can do full 360 motions on it and it's not like it's in any danger of falling off.

It just feels like it should seem tighter as it just seems mounted loose, even though use of the d-pad is fine.

My DSI XL D-pad is nice and tight, and the Wii U Gamepad's is perfect. This is definitely pretty loose compared to them.

Yeah, like if I barely touch it, then it rattles. However, it's very responsive, I can do full 360 motions on it and it's not like it's in any danger of falling off.

It just feels like it should seem tighter as it just seems mounted loose, even though use of the d-pad is fine.

My DSI XL D-pad is nice and tight, and the Wii U Gamepad's is perfect. This is definitely pretty loose compared to them.

Interesting, I will pay attention to it as I play.

Downhome

I had to try this right before bed too, I couldn't wait. Wow, Nintendo has really reminded us all just what thy are capable of with this and Mario. I only played to where I was jut told to go to the village and I'm already blown away. The art, controls and the music, by God the music. I may never be able to play this without a full set of headphones. It is so freakin' beautiful. I knew it wa should the second you are given controls and the game starts up. Wow!

Dreweyes

Hey guys! I created a limited edition screen printed t-shirt design in honor of the new Zelda!
Figured some of you might be interested, it's available today only here! ♥ ♥ ♥

VtzpYvM.gif

Teptom

I just ordered the bundle from Best Buy and it should come sometime next week.

I've been rolling with my Electric Blue DS Phat for close to eight years and I'm very excited to finally upgrade.

The Lamp

omg that smooth framerate and gorgeous 3D. Wow.

Hey guys! I created a limited edition screen printed t-shirt design in honor of the new Zelda!

VtzpYvM.gif

I click on a size but nothing happens. If I click add to cart it tells me to pick a size.

Also, why does it shine?

Moff

The download code that came with my 3DS XL seems to BE INVALID AAAAAAAAH. The eShop doesn't even recognise it as a valid code.

It's... supposed to be out already, right?

mine doesnt work either. although the digital version can be bought and downloaded since about 9 hours in europe. its really very furstrating.

ramyeon

omg that smooth framerate and gorgeous 3D. Wow.

I click on a size but nothing happens. If I click add to cart it tells me to pick a size.

Also, why does it shine?
When you click on a size a menu pops up with 1, 2 ,3 beneath it. You gotta select the quantity and then add to cart.

I need this game now, not out till tomorrow here in Australia :(

LAA

mine doesnt work either. although the digital version can be bought and downloaded since about 9 hours in europe. its really very furstrating.

Yeah just letting you know same for me, disappointing.
Just what I needed at midnight as soon as I found out my PSN login wasnt working and I couldn't reset it... Luckily managed to do it just now, turns out it was a wrong DoB after all, ha ha.

On the bright side, have tearaway to play for a bit!

Nosgoroth

Yeah just letting you know same for me, disappointing.
Just what I needed at midnight as soon as I found out my PSN login wasnt working and I couldn't reset it... Luckily managed to do it just now, turns out it was a wrong DoB after all, ha ha.

On the bright side, have tearaway to play for a bit!

I'm relieved that it's not just me. I'll try to give Nintendo a call as soon as I can and I'll report back.

Slixshot

Banned

VtzpYvM.gif

Yo, I'm buyin it for sure but I'm looking at the sizing chart and I'm really confused. Is the small for this shirt the same as the small for american apparel?

Cody_D165

Banned

VtzpYvM.gif

whoa Drew Wise is a GAFfer? I got your Starman Empire shirt off The Yetee while back!

Skilletor

I think this game looks really good. Framerate is silky.

Music is nostalgia overload.

Time to sword: about 5 minutes. Would be much less if I skipped dialogue.

Teknoman

My god...this soundtrack!

I could hang in the woods all day. Is there going to be a physical ost release? And for that matter was there one for Skyward Sword?

Framerate is indeed solid. I'm soon at the end, full 3D on, and besides the occasional hiccup during area/floor transition, I've only experienced 1 bad framerate drop in the whole game (a room full of fireballs/fire effects in the turtle temple, right before fighting the boss).

Got my copy and have been playing it for awhile. We gave my sister her Zelda 3DS, she was so happy she got it, almost thought she was gonna cry.

Big One

Banned
Just beat the first two dungeons. Game is fantastic. I do dislike the limitations at first but once things get rolling, it's just awesome. With no hand-holding, figuring out how to get certain things is a lot more thought-provoking, even though it isn't exactly hard gaming. Game is also a lot easier than expected, but to be fair it feels like it's harder than the early parts of ALttP so I have a feeling it'll get even more challenging later. Then again, I have been playing Zelda games for 100 years. Time for bed, though.

So I've been comparing the final game with the first trailer they put on the eshop in 3D, and it seems to me they toned the 3D down a lot since then, does anyone else get this impression ?

I personally like my 3D to the max so I wish they would have kept the original setting, especially since people can find their sweet spot with the slider.

Top Bottom