• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Darmik

Man I was hoping this would break street date today in Australia. I think it would usually happen by now. Going to buy a new release on Saturday is stupid!

I'll be braving the midnight Xbone crowds at Best Buy so I can pull an all nighter with this glorious, glorious return to form for my favorite franchise

HNNNG, etc., etc. HNNNNNNNG

I wish Nintendo had worked more on Animal Crossing: New Leaf's loading times. The game takes like 5+ seconds to go from one museum area to another, for instance.
By contrast, A Link Between Worlds takes 1 second to load between two areas/3 seconds to load overworld, which is really short and pleasant.

pariah164

I wish Nintendo had worked more on Animal Crossing: New Leaf's loading times. The game takes like 5+ seconds to go from one museum area to another, for instance.
By contrast, A Link Between Worlds takes 1 second to load between two areas/3 seconds to load overworld, which is really short and pleasant.
Yeah, Pokemon X/Y save super fast as well. Maybe they perfected it after New Leaf was released? Either way, I'm still soooo excited.

ASIS

Man I'm getting tired, that's not good, that's not good at all. I think I'll sleep (I don't know how) and I'll wake up tomorrow early to play it. Can't wait!

Oh ma goshhhh, tomorrow can't come soon enough. I'll have to force myself not to play ALBW while I enjoy the Symphony of the Goddesses at the Chicago Theater!

Insaniac

BZowvmsIMAEUyvn.jpg:large

Nintendo World Store chalk drawing.

jesus they butchered Link

BY2K

Membero Americo
I think someone's been pulling my leg, but someone told there was more Majora's Mask something after you beat Hero Mode.

Clockwork5

Just finished WW on the wii u so I will hold off on getting this until after I am done with Mario World. Dont want to risk any zelda burnout on this game, I want to come in fresh.

But damn I am hyped and I realize that there is no possible way i am holding out for more than a week or so lol. I will be lurking on here for impressions and exclamations of pure zelda glee :)

mj1108

Ordered from Amazon yesterday with release date shipping. It shipped today and will be in my hands tomorrow! Can't wait!! :) :) This isn't only for me, though. I want to introduce my stepson who loves the 3DS to Zelda as well.

balgajo

Didn't want to buy digital from Nintendo, but shit...Can't wait for this game anymore.
And comparing the price from american eshop and brazilian retails, here in Brazil the game is 62,3% more expensive(based on current dollar cotation).

After you beat Hero Mode, all of Majora's Mask is available for download off the eshop store.
Oh god. You can only play Hero Mode after beating the game once, right? I wouldn't sleep a wink until I had beaten the game twice and got my MM download going.

With all of the hints they've been dropping, there's no way Majora's Mask 3D won't be a flagship 3DS title for holiday 2014, right? RIGHT?

It upsets me that they've never touched on the lore of the Fierce Deity mask in any subsequent Zelda game. There's a hell of a lot of potential for an awesome, pre-Skyward Sword timeline game there. I've always loved the idea that Link is a reincarnated soul being punished (by being forced to be born again and again into dire circumstances and take on the heavy burden of saving the kingdom), and that Fierce Deity was his original, malicious form that incurred the punishment in the first place. How badass would THAT game be for Wii U? (So badass!)

Wait, what thread am I in again? Oh, right! A Link Between Worlds, which I will be playing in less than 3 hours :D

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
After you beat Hero Mode, all of Majora's Mask is available for download off the eshop store.

For $201. E-shop only.

It upsets me that they've never touched on the lore of the Fierce Deity mask in any subsequent Zelda game. There's a hell of a lot of potential for an awesome, pre-Skyward Sword timeline game there. I've always loved the idea that Link is a reincarnated soul being punished (by being forced to be born again and again into dire circumstances and take on the heavy burden of saving the kingdom), and that Fierce Deity was his original, malicious form that incurred the punishment in the first place. How badass would THAT game be for Wii U? (So badass!)

Pre Skyward Sword Link(within the Hyrule Historia) is indeed a interesting fellow especially since
he comments on how the Goddess Hylia at the time is simply using him to achieve an end.
This Link(possibly the original spirit) was more a anti-hero in the comic. He had a pretty cool red cape though. You should read the comic, it makes some interesting points and loopholes.

Apparently going by the manga, Fierce Deity in the past seemed to be a lame music god. Still I would like a game focused on the Lore of the Fierce Deity. There has to be more then the manga's shoddy representation of him. FD represents either all the evil or darkness in Link's soul or is a powerful entity among the divine pantheon within the Zelda Universe.

Auskeek

Man I was hoping this would break street date today in Australia. I think it would usually happen by now. Going to buy a new release on Saturday is stupid!

Yeah, doesn't look like it's going to happen :(. Such a chore to go out on a Saturday just to get this.

Pre Skyward Sword Link(within the Hyrule Historia) is indeed a interesting fellow especially since
he comments on how the Goddess Hylia at the time is simply using him to achieve an end.
This Link(possibly the original spirit) was more a anti-hero in the comic. He had a pretty cool red cape though. You should read the comic, it makes some interesting points and loopholes.

Apparently going by the manga, Fierce Deity in the past seemed to be a lame music god. Still I would like a game focused on the Lore of the Fierce Deity. There has to be more then the manga's shoddy representation of him. FD represents either all the evil or darkness in Link's soul or is a powerful entity among the divine pantheon within the Zelda Universe.
Wait, are the comics/manga (I'm assuming you are referring to the same thing when talking about them) included in Hyrule Historia? Are they considered canon?

Yes, I love the idea that Link is just a victim of fate (though still with some sense of agency). Fierce Deity was just a music god though? Uh, nope. That's stupid as hell. He was a badass war machine at the very least, maybe he just shredded on his unholy electric guitar as a hobby :p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Wait, are the comics/manga (I'm assuming you are referring to the same thing when talking about them) included in Hyrule Historia? Are they considered canon?

Yes, I love the idea that Link is just a victim of fate (though still with some sense of agency). Fierce Deity was just a music god though? Uh, nope. That's stupid as hell. He was a badass war machine at the very least, maybe he just shredded on his unholy electric guitar as a hobby :p

There's the one comic in Hyrule Historia(I consider it canon). The other manga series though I would think is noncanon. This manga series covers a lot of entries in the series but I consider it noncanon for the most part and essentially semi-official fan fiction.

But the Hyrule Historia comic is definitely worth a read.

Top Bottom