• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Waitwaitwait, how do you guys get these? Are these just for selected regions? :O
Was a European thing, but how one got it depended on where you live. In the UK you had two options, buy it from Nintendo's own store for £40 and get it as a preorder bonus or buy GAME's £50 pack that also gave you Link's Awakening and a poster that I assume was folded.

I went with the former myself.

Beat the first dungeon. Enjoying it so far.

D-e-f-

Banned
Wait...then how can I connect to the EU eShop and play the Bravely Default demo!?

How about YOU explain how you can do what shouldn't be possible. European 3DS systems cannot change to anything that is not in the PAL-region. So I would be shocked if now all of a sudden the North American 3DS became region free and could switch its region to Europe/AU/NZ without anyone noticing.

Conor 419

Banned
Me: Hello, my copy of 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds has not arrived today
Amazon:Thank you for choosing amzon.co.uk chat support.
Me:May I please be absolved of responsibility for this order and be refunded immediately so I may purchase it in store?
Amazon:My name is Ansel.
I understand that you need this item urgently.
I've checked your account and I can see that the estimated delivery is on 22 november.
Me:The order has not arrived, you dispatched it yesterday so I don't think it would ever have arrived today
May I please be refunded immediately
Amazon:Sorry for delayed reply.
I can assure you it your order will arrive on time.
Me:It is the 22nd of November today...
The post has already been, how will the delivery arrive on time, may I ask?
Amazon:Despite all our efforts, however, there can sometimes be unforeseen delays that are beyond our control.
I apologise for this has happened.
Me:Yes, I am aware this has happened, it's absolutely fine, can I just be refunded immediately?
Amazon:I understand this is frustrating, I'm a gamer too.
Give me few minutes, I'll get back to you with an answer.
Thank you for patiently waiting.
Me:You understand?
My wife will leave me if this game doesn't arrive today
And you better believe I'm not joking
she'll take the kids as well
Amazon:There's a possibility if we issue refund, the item will arrive, I'm afraid you need to send it back to us.
Me:Well, you can refund me and I promise I'll send it back
I'm not like amazon, I will actually keep to my promise
I just need the money to buy the game, my wife will be home soon
please
Amazon:I understand that, Give me few minutes.
Me:Thank you
Sorry for being quite agitated, it's been a rough few months, today was going to make it all better :(
Amazon:I understand your concern, I'm still working with this.
Me:she says she didn't poison my pet fish, but I know she did
that's okay Ansel, just let me know soon :)
Amazon:I understand that, I'm also a husband of weird woman.
Me:shhh
she might see
I had this e-mailed to my account, she might be reading it now
I love my wife, she's brilliant
she'd never lock me under the stairs
Amazon:My wife is weird, but I love her so much.
We have one daughter.
Me:I am happy for you :)
Amazon:Regarding with your concern, I'm glad to inform you that I've already process a full refund for this order.
Me:Thank you very much, may I ask when it will go through?
Also, I will return the game as soon as it arrives, if it does so.
Amazon:Usually it take 2-3 business days, I will update you as soon as possible.
I'll take care of this personally.
Me:I see, I hope I have enough to buy the game today
might need to sell something, but as long as I get the game here by 4pm it should be okay
thank you for your help, it is unfortunate that this has happened
Amazon:Not a problem.
I'm glad, I'm able to help you
Me:I don't think all the help in the world would do me any good Ansel, not with my lady wife
I must go, she'll be back soon, I need to clear my browsing history and prepare the house, she has cult members coming round tonight
goodbye Ansel, speak to you soon
thank you for your help
Amazon:Thank you for choosing amazon.co.uk chat support.
You're welcome.
I'll send you an update email after few minutes. okay?
Kindly wait for my email regarding this issue.
Me:that's fine, I'll print it out and hide it
Amazon:You may close the chat window now. We hope to see you again.

Fucking Amazon

Was a European thing, but how one got it depended on where you live. In the UK you had two options, buy it from Nintendo's own store for £40 and get it as a preorder bonus or buy GAME's £50 pack that also gave you Link's Awakening and a poster that I assume was folded.

Damn. :/ I wish we had that one as well.

JoeInky

The poster came in a massive cardboard tube, it's quite a large poster.

But I didn't get the rest of the limited edition stuff - including the game - so I'm stuck messing around with a cardboard tube now.

Nosgoroth

Is this confirmed yet? I'm at work and don't want to get my hopes up.

Anyone who ordered from Amazon UK should consider going through Amazon.fr next time. Excellent service, shipped a day after I ordered it and arrived 2 days early. Price after exchange and card fee was £181.

Sorry, can't confirm yet, I'm leaving work right now. ~1.5h until I'm home.

Yep, just had the conversation now.

How can they possibly refund you when the game is already in the hands of the post office? Should they take your word for it that you will mail it back when you get it in?

Just go buy it and return the Amazon copy to the physical retailer when it comes in, or mail it back to Amazon.

Synless

Part of me badly wants the Zelda 3DS XL, buy I knows wife would kill me after my PS4 purchase. My L button on my launch 3DS is pretty fucked too :(

Conor 419

Banned
How can they possibly refund you when the game is already in the hands of the post office? Should they take your word for it that you will mail it back when you get it in?

Just go buy it and return the Amazon copy to the physical retailer when it comes in, or mail it back to Amazon.

Yes, like I took their word that they'd deliver on time.

My opinion after 5-6h, Dark World, 6 dungeons finished:

Best Zelda Handheld game after Links Awakening, but not on the same level of quality as ALTTP and Links Awakening.

The whole Ravio 'You get all items from the start!' was definitely something that Nintendo decided to do in the very late development stages of the game since the world doesn't seem to be really laid out for it and makes excuses for this feature all the time.

The overworlds in LA and ALTTP were still a bit deeper / better design wise.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Zelda, treasure chest and ridiculously sized poster arrived. How quickly can you enable streetpass?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone here is probably getting the game

but the first to quote this message gets my Zelda ALBW Club Nintendo Code in a PM anyway

RetroMG

My god, this game is so good. I didn't think it could live up to LttP in any way, but it's amazing.

Zelda, treasure chest and ridiculously sized poster arrived. How quickly can you enable streetpass?

Pretty much immediately if you know where to go.

The old man standing in a field by himself, west side of Kakariko village.

Sigma722

Hey guys! I created a limited edition screen printed t-shirt design in honor of the new Zelda!
Figured some of you might be interested, it's available today only here! ♥ ♥ ♥

VtzpYvM.gif

Nice!

Kiraly

Should I buy this, GAF?

I played three Zelda games (ALTTP, Oracle of Seasons, Minish Cap) in total, and only one to completion.

I fucking loved Oracle of Seasons as a kid, can't remember much of ALLTP and even less of Minish Cap.

RetroMG

Hey guys! I created a limited edition screen printed t-shirt design in honor of the new Zelda!
Figured some of you might be interested, it's available today only here! ♥ ♥ ♥

That's really cool. Too bad they don't sell the shirts in my size. It would also make an amazing poster.

Forbin5

Banned
Should I buy this, GAF?

I played three Zelda games (ALTTP, Oracle of Seasons, Minish Cap) in total, and only one to completion.

I fucking loved Oracle of Seasons as a kid, can't remember much of ALLTP and even less of Minish Cap.

Hell yeah, jump in the hype is nice!

Sigma722

I picked up the 3ds xl bundle today at walmart. It was a pain in the ass. I went to the same walmart that I went to earlier in the week when they had it out on the shelf. They had "sale not allowed" stickers on the systems, so they were trying to say they couldn't sell them anymore.

I told them it was just because the street date is today, and there is an ad online saying it comes out today for $200. They finally tried to scan it, and it worked. What a pain.

It is pretty though.

Also... If anyone got an extra chest promotion... Man I'd like to have one of those for my work desk!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Should I buy this, GAF?

If you have a 3DS and have never played Link's Awakening, and haven't downloaded it yet, you are a bad person and puppies don't like you and your butt smells.

Nicktendo86

I really hate the no-manual trend in 3DS games. It's poopy. :(

Aw shucks, Zelda games used to have lovely manuals as well. I know they are not 'needed' now, but still a shame. I still have my LoZ and ALTTP carts with the manuals and maps, sometimes just get them out to look at them.

Dinskugga

Damn i love this game!

Every bite that reminds me of ALTTP is so damn great.

And the same intro made me smile!

And the music is pure awesome. And i really like that they have put some from Minish Cap into this game.

wrowa

I really hate the no-manual trend in 3DS games. It's poopy. :(

It is! I normally really don't care a lot, but yesterday I realized that it's a habit of mine that after playing a new Zelda game for awhile I grab the box and enjoy the smell of a freshly printed manual.

Too bad that there was none. ;(

Mecca

Anyone know how long the Zelda 3DS will be available? Is it just a one-time thing, and once stock is out it's out?

Nintendo's special edition stuff tends to sell out rather quickly and they do not bring in more stock once it sells out. My guess is these will be available until January 2014. There appears to be more stock available of the Zelda 3DS XL than there was for the Animal Crossing and Pokemon one so I doubt this will sell out as quickly. Stores are holding copies for Black Friday.

Today is going to be the longest day of work since the last thing I was looking forward to. This thread will help me, I will live vicariously through some of you.

Top Bottom