• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

TheContact

Thank you Xbox One release for making GameStop open early =) Thought I wasn't going to get this until after work but now I have something to do to pass the day

20131122_090043.jpg

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Barely got to play it after the long ass system transfer to the Zelda XL. I do love my bigger screen ambassador games though.

Maiar_m

It took me 25h to finish this game. All items, just two pieces of heart missing (that i know where to get but would rather die pursuing more) and a looot of time spent just dicking around.

In one word: fantastic.

Social

There is no way this will just be a 16 hour game for me. Been playing since yesterday, just reached four hours of play time and I just finished what I believe was my second dungeon.

Exploring every nook and cranny makes the time fly by. Loving it so far.

I am breezing through it like crazy for some reason

Mecca

Well there's no real challenge, so there's that.

Is that because you've played ALTTP or is the game just that easy? I got mine last night, but fell asleep before I could start the game. I've never played ALTTP so I wonder if the learning curve will be more difficult for me verses someone who is already familiar with the layout because of ALTTP.

TheContact

majora's mask is hanging on the wall of the room link wakes up in in the beginning of the game, wonder how many references to other games are thrown in if they started this early

Picked this up last night at midnight with a friend who bought Xbox One. Played through the first dungeon so far, and I already don't want this game to end. So fucking hyped to play more this weekend! Oh and the 60FPS is noticeable from the very first sword swing. Love the painted Link mechanic too.

Played the first dungeon. Its a great Zelda Game. Love the Music and the whole feel of the game.
And it looks much better on my 3DS XL than in all the videos i've seen.

R.I.P

Finished the first dungeon,
it was cool how the dungeon continued on for a bit after the boss fight so you could test out the wall merging mechanic

Maiar_m

Is that because you've played ALTTP or is the game just that easy? I got mine last night, but fell asleep before I could start the game. I've never played ALTTP so I wonder if the learning curve will be more difficult for me verses someone who is already familiar with the layout because of ALTTP.

Both really. I played ALTTP three or four times, including the re-release on GBA and I am indeed familliar with the layout. However, the map isn't that large to begin with (even considering Lorule) and the dungeons are all tremendous fun but not really a pain to go through. Well it's pretty simple, I died once (forgot to pack a fairy...) and got revived...once. Both were not due to chalenge but due to carelessness, and none were in actual dungeons.

Still, the game being easy doesn't make it any less great. Really.

Got my Limited Edition Zelda 3DSXL earlier. Had to update the 3DS, which seems strange. Glad I was able to get it on sale at Wal Mart. I played for about an hour. Too early to give too much of an impression, but as a Zelda fan I am definitely enjoying it and can't wait to put some more time into it.

Any suggestions for a clear 3DSXL case I can use that will keep the 3DSXL looking new, while still showing off the design? I want to be sure the outside does not get scratched and stays in great shape. This wasn't a big concern with my OG Black 3DS. If there aren't any good clear protective cases, then I may have to use a regular case. Any suggestions for a regular case (I didn't use a protective case on my OG Black 3DS).

stuminus3

Oh my, 60fps in 3D. I was on a media blackout so I had no idea. It's really nice!

Can't stop making Link leap off the side of hills just to see him jump 'out' of the screen.

pringles

Both really. I played ALTTP three or four times, including the re-release on GBA and I am indeed familliar with the layout. However, the map isn't that large to begin with (even considering Lorule) and the dungeons are all tremendous fun but not really a pain to go through. Well it's pretty simple, I died once (forgot to pack a fairy...) and got revived...once. Both were not due to chalenge but due to carelessness, and none were in actual dungeons.

Still, the game being easy doesn't make it any less great. Really.
I'm on Ganon's Tower in ALTTP, first playthrough ever, and I just think it's a very frustrating experience. So much of the design is clearly not 'good difficult' but just frustrating. Zelda may have gotten easier but mainly it's just gotten less frustrating. Dying on a boss and having to basically go through the entire dungeon AGAIN is not my idea of fun. Good game but I can't help but think TWW > MM > OOT> LA > SS > TP > ALTTP. But I have high hopes for ALBW, mixing all the progression and evolution in game design with some of the old-school simplicity and trust in the player should be good. Tried it for like 30 minutes and it feels great, just gonna finish up Ganon in The Past before I dive into Worlds.

Do I leave work over lunch and make a 40 minute round trip to pick this up and my tearaway preorder, or wait until 5 and get it after work?

First to five yay or any will decide it for me.

Grizzo

Three days in and I can now officially say that I fell deeply in love with this game. It might end up Game Of The Year for me.

sammex

Oh great.

A delivery van pulls up...

...and delivers the poster (rolled in a tube - it's not too bad actually), still no game. <shakes fists>

Peff

Holy shit at the music combo of
Master Sword overworld, Yuga boss battle and Lorule's Spirit-Tracks-ized Dark World
. This OST is godly.

Top Bottom