• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Skyward Sword's soundtrack is phenomenal. I have no idea how anyone could be disappointed with it. The third and last dungeons have two of the most awesome tracks ever. The boss tracks are above and beyond as well.

darkziosj

so Aonuma said a while ago finish ALBW and that will answer if we would have majoras mask remake or no, some light on that?

so Aonuma said a while ago finish ALBW and that will answer if we would have majoras mask remake or no, some light on that?

It'd be great if there's a pic at the end of the credits with Aonuma wearing Majora's Mask with the words NOPE SORRY across the screen.

Forkball

I just want to chime in and say the name Lorule sounds like something you'd find in a fanfic. I expect all enemies to have reveres names. Watch out for that Aroz!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Btw, the Majora's Mask
is Link's, not Ravio's. It's there from the start of the game before Ravio takes over Link's house.

hlhbk

So as terrible as this will sound especially in this thread I am 32, owned a launch SNES when I was a kid and never played through LTTP. My first game was Ocarina Of Time. I had waited to play LTTP hoping it would be released on the Wii U Virtual console a few weeks before A Link Between Two Worlds was released.

Obviously that is not going to happen. So my question is should I go back and play through LTTP or is it not worth is and should I just play A Link Between Two Worlds?

Ishida

Banned
So as terrible as this will sound especially in this thread I am 32, owned a launch SNES when I was a kid and never played through LTTP. My first game was Ocarina Of Time. I had waited to play LTTP hoping it would be released on the Wii U Virtual console a few weeks before A Link Between Two Worlds was released.

Obviously that is not going to happen. So my question is should I go back and play through LTTP or is it not worth is and should I just play A Link Between Two Worlds?

Well, A Link to the Past is the best Zelda game ever, so I think the answer is YES, you should play it.

oatmeal

Banned

It's on Club Nintendo right now. Get that, boot your Wii U into Wii mode and redeem and play it there.

Tookay

I just want to chime in and say the name Lorule sounds like something you'd find in a fanfic. I expect all enemies to have reveres names. Watch out for that Aroz!

I sort of groaned when I first heard about Lorule. But then we're dealing with a game whose prequel (ALttP) featured an antagonist named AGAHNIM so...

Btw, the Majora's Mask
is Link's, not Ravio's. It's there from the start of the game before Ravio takes over Link's house.

That's... weird.

Due to the delay of my PS4 shipment and anticipation of this game, I'm doing a LTTP run. This time i'm playing it on GBA. Having voices in the SNES version is odd to me. It's hard to get used to

Btw, the Majora's Mask

Link is
either the descendant of the happy mask sales man. The happy mask sales man in disguise. Or the happy mask sales man got robbed again

RagnarokX

I just listened to Ghirahim's theme for about 6 minutes, and it is really generic. Literally nothing about that song sounds nice or distinct.
The Ballad of the Goddess sounds too much like a song that is played in reverse, so it just sounds weird.
I know its supposed to be a reverse of Zeldas Lullaby.
Their were some good songs in SS, like Skyview temple and Faron Woods. But most of them were either unmemorable or just sounded off.

I didn't like Ballad of the Goddess when I first heard it, but now I think it's a great song. Especially the orchestral 25th anniversary version, the version Zelda plays on harp and sings, and the versions from the staff roll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZBcPRQpO8

Anteo

The first time I heard the Ballad of the Goddess I thought something was really really wrong, it was just a bunch of sounds. Like it made no sense to me as a song. It was weird. After a while I got used to it and loved it. I don't know If I unconsciously knew it was kind of a reverse of a song I knew or just I didnt like it at first, but it really happened

Now that this and Super Mario 3D World are right around the corner, I'm finally pulling myself away from Pokemon long enough to finish Wind Waker HD since I'd rather not be playing two Zelda games at the same time. I have A Link Between Worlds preordered, but EAD Mario takes priority, so I might not it start for a few days. I'm definitely excited to play it, though.

RagnarokX

I think I'm just more surprised at
the "Ravio takes over Link's house" part. Maybe I missed something before, but that's news to me

We've known about that since Ravio was first revealed.

yqIjMj0.jpg

Here is the first screenshot revealing Ravio. Notice anything? Hint: Top left corner.

pariah164

Would be doing a first run on a 'rent only' basis be considered a decent 'hard mode' before you unlock the actual hard mode?

As a note, I don't intend to do that. I will buy EVERYTHING.

RagnarokX

You know what Zelda game has an amazing soundtrack and is criminally underrated? Spirit Tracks. That might be one of my top Zelda soundtracks. It's just so good.

Title Theme
Realm Overworld
Troubled Realm
Final Preparations
Byrne Helps
The Best Zelda Final Boss Theme

I would kill for a fully orchestrated version of this soundtrack.

Let's see, who composed for Spirit Tracks...

Toru Minegishi
Manaka Tominaga
Asuka Ota
Koji Kondo

Tominaga apparently hasn't worked on anything besides Spirit Tracks
Ota has worked on titles like NSMB, Mario Kart, and TP.
Minegishi is working on 3D World... hmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toru_Minegishi#Discography

Jac

Neo Member
That's... weird.

Maybe, maybe not. The Fierce Deity's mask looks like Link. So, if there are connections, there may be deeper connections that originally thought.

You know what Zelda game has an amazing soundtrack and is criminally underrated? Spirit Tracks. That might be one of my top Zelda soundtracks. It's just so good.

Title Theme
Realm Overworld
Troubled Realm
Final Preparations
Byrne Helps
The Best Zelda Final Boss Theme

I would kill for a fully orchestrated version of this soundtrack.

Let's see, who composed for Spirit Tracks...

Toru Minegishi
Manaka Tominaga
Asuka Ota
Koji Kondo

Tominaga apparently hasn't worked on anything besides Spirit Tracks
Ota has worked on titles like NSMB, Mario Kart, and TP.
Minegishi is working on 3D World... hmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toru_Minegishi#Discography

Honestly, this is the only Zelda game to be announced which has a soundtrack that isn't doing much for me.

Forkball

Btw, the Majora's Mask

RIP TIMELINE

It may just be a nod and not anything story related though, similar to the Mario paintings in OoT.

Lunar15

Oh yeah, diggin the love for Spirit Tracks' OST. Such a fantastic OST. Blew me away really. Best new overworld theme the series has had since the original, in my opinion.

Kard8p3

Btw, the Majora's Mask

Yeah at this point I'm going to assume it's just a nod with no other significance in this game.

Lunar15

Yeah at this point I'm going to assume it's just a nod with no other significance in this game.

That's what I've heard so far. No one that's beaten it has mentioned anything, even after the review embargo lifted. It's safe to assume that's the nod.

Also, there's a lot of things I don't know about ALBW. I previously asked about the composer, but I also don't know who the director is. I assume Aonuma is producing.

Rnr1224

Oh God. Its happening. Listening to all of the Zelda 25th anniversary CD is making my hype skyrocket for this game!

I just listened to Ghirahim's theme for about 6 minutes, and it is really generic. Literally nothing about that song sounds nice or distinct.
The Ballad of the Goddess sounds too much like a song that is played in reverse, so it just sounds weird.
I know its supposed to be a reverse of Zeldas Lullaby.
Their were some good songs in SS, like Skyview temple and Faron Woods. But most of them were either unmemorable or just sounded off.

Oh lol I meant his battle theme. Normal theme is just build up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa1OgurYq28

Synless

Has Nintendo ever released games on a Friday before? Such an odd date compared to the Sundays they normally release games on.

Drago

Has Nintendo ever released games on a Friday before? Such an odd date compared to the Sundays they normally release games on.
Off the top of my head:

Kid Icarus Uprising
Xenoblade Chronicles
Donkey Kong Country 3D

Though now it seems everything will be a Friday release going forward. So far everything with a date is a Friday release, as was DK before it got delayed to Feb. I certainly hope it stays this way!

Randomizer

Almost every game is released on Friday's in Europe. It's the best day for releases as it gives you a whole weekend to play no need to take sick days off :p.

Stoze

You know after watching a video review today, I kind of regret watching a lot of footage and reading about the game before hand. I didn't even know that the game was almost completely non-linear and you could get all the items from the get go until about last weekend. Things like that would've been really cool to come across unknowingly by going into the game completely blind.

It's my own fault though. I should've stayed away, but I couldn't resist the hype.

Top Bottom