• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Reloaded ("new" trailer for the new Zelda game)

AniHawk

Zelda Reloaded

No new footage, just stuff rearranged, and included from OoT and TWW. Not bad on the editing though (video or sound).

Just thought I'd share in case some of you found it cool, funny, or just weird.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Uuuugh people need to stop making references to the crappy Matrix sequels. o_O

*Downloads*

I like the original trailer a bit more. The addition of other Zelda footage, especially the Space World stuff, actually makes me want that look instead of the newer one.

AniHawk

MightyHedgehog said:
I like the original trailer a bit more. The addition of other Zelda footage, especially the Space World stuff, actually makes me want that look instead of the newer one.

I like this look a LOT better than the Plastic Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask look. Has more style to it.

Maybe more detail, but I actually dig the stark contrast of high color on black...reminds me of the original Zeldas. Not saying the new one looks bad, just not as potent, so far as I've seen.

AniHawk

MightyHedgehog said:
Maybe more detail, but I actually dig the stark contrast of high color on black...reminds me of the original Zeldas. Not saying the new one looks bad, just not as potent, so far as I've seen.

I thought you meant as in the actual character designs.

Downloaded the video, and the instant I saw the staccato editing trick (which is SO played out), I stopped it and trashed the file.

Alex

I still kinda miss Wind Waker visuals. I really came to like them

I would've liked to have seen a better crack taken at a WW sequel. With more dungeons, a less crappy overworld and a difficulty slider so the babies can have their Win butto-er parry button victories, and the rest of us can have monsters and bosses that just cleave hearts off.

The new one looks nice too though. Just god, drop the 1/4 hearts (1/2 hearts even if it was up to me) damage ratios, and kill the ability to easily make it through the game without even coming near death. Zelda combat rocks, but the bigger ones have no intensity.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I was actually insulted that Nintendo was far too concerned I wouldn't be up to the challenge of 'dealing' with death in Zelda like in the olden days. It's not just that enemies couldn't kill me even if I were playing blindfolded, but then tossing 3-4 hearts out of a dead corpse to restore that tiny fragment of one container I likely never lost?

A slap in the face...

AniHawk

Brandon F said:
I was actually insulted that Nintendo was far too concerned I wouldn't be up to the challenge of 'dealing' with death in Zelda like in the olden days. It's not just that enemies couldn't kill me even if I were playing blindfolded, but then tossing 3-4 hearts out of a dead corpse to restore that tiny fragment of one container I likely never lost?

A slap in the face...

At least the final boss presented a bit of a challenge.

Weird, I was able to defeat the final boss no problem the first time, but when I returned to replay the game, it took me 3 tries the first time.

Would've been a great trailer if he didn't use that stutter effect (to match up with the music). That might work for movies, but done at the rate he's used it in this video, it just makes the game look like it has framerate problems.

Top Bottom